Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gameloft Wap Site Questions.
mobile9 Forum > Downloads > Games
casketizer
I wanted to buy SC3 again with my mobile set to english to see if i get an english version, since the normal website doesnt offer SMS as payment for this game i went to the wap site again where i already bought the german version. But there was no more download link for this game. First i thought it must be a cookie so i deleted the cookies on the mobile but there is still no download link? How do they know i already got the game????
dLazaros
Its like IP logging.... they have your phonenumber.... and IMEI....!!!!
Welcome to the wonderfull world of big brother mate!!!

DL
casketizer
How can they see that over TCP/IP ? I used GPRS/http not a wap portal...
dLazaros
Its like your pc, have you removed the "serial cpu signature" from the bios???
Its the same with mobiles, have you ever removed the Imei signature? (dont ask me how to do it..... I still dont know...wallbash.gif )
casketizer
QUOTE(dLazaros @ Mar 30 2005, 09:25 AM)
Its like your pc, have you removed the "serial cpu signature" from the bios???
Its the same with mobiles, have you ever removed the Imei signature? (dont ask me how to do it..... I still dont know...wallbash.gif )
[right][snapback]116696[/snapback][/right]

1. yes i have it disabled. but even if i had not there is no way to read that over the internet except by some activex plugin that the browser would have to install.

2. i guess mobiles have an api for that. thinking about it its clear...oh well we are really entering the big brother age....

3. to remove the imei or mobile serial you need a flashing device like twister or ufs, they cost around 300eu with software.
casketizer
Funny. Today the download link is back. Maybe it is ip based check and i had two times the same ip yesterday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.