Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Challenge 70 - Icons
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > Design Challenge
anulubi
Welcome to DC 70
Icons : For Mobile Themes

Topic: 25 Icons for Mobile Themes (S60/S40/iPhone/Android/Blackberry etc.)

Description:This week we will be making 25 icons for Mobile themes.

Make the following 25 icons:-
1.SMS
2.Browser
3.Contacts
4.Phone
5.Recorder
6.Theme
7.Clock
8.Calculator
9.Note
10.Map
11.Weather
12.Camera
13.Photos
14.Music
15.Settings
16.App Store
17.Backup
18.Document
19.Mail
20.Calender
21.Youtube
22.Video Editor
23.FM Radio
24.Stock
25.Facebook/Google+/Twitter/StumbleUpon or any other Social Media Icon

If you are using Photoshop you can use Custom Shapes or Brushes to make your icons (or make them from scratch).
I want to see 2 psd files from those of you who use Photoshop.
You can download some shapes provided by your_mother in the previous icon challenge here

If you are using Adobe Illustrator you can make your icons by scratch work (draw).
I want to see 2 AI files from those of you who use Adobe Illustrator .

For those who don't use Photoshop or dont want to show a psd you can download a set of 45 png images here to work with.
You can resize, mix & match them in any way you want. I will not accept any other shapes from those of you who use programs other than Photoshop.
If you use only shapes from these 45 png's I'm giving you, then you don't have to show any psd files (even if you used Photoshop to finish making your icons).

Icon size: not bigger than 512px

Resources: If you dont have Photoshop you can use this set of png shapes to make your icons: Download
Here is a collection of Photoshop custom icon shapes that Eric has collected for You Download (this is a Photoshop csh file)
Also you can download more from : http://www.shapes4free.com/

For some inspiration you can look at these icon packs: Link
you can also browse the Icon galleries here on M9 for ideas/inspiration: Link

You will post the following in the Entry Thread:

1. All your icons on one preview (maximum width is 800px)
(you will have to resize them to fit the preview)

2. 2 layered file ( a psd or xcf or AI file) for at least 2 of the icons
(if you used only the resource shapes provided you can skip this)

3. Gallery Link
(please add DC 70 to your icons name when uploading)

How to add icons to the gallery:

Upload
Don’t know device
Themes
Icons
(you need to resize your preview to 500x500px and place the 25 icons in a zip folder first)

This topic will be open for 2 weeks until Sunday 20 Jan at 18:00 GMT.

All Mobile9 members are welcome to join the DC and earn this badge:

simply by completing 15 challenges. No winning required!

Confirmed Participants:
1.anulubi
3.jolansky
4.jimitjaishwal
5.akshayjokes
6.Galina53
7.Rahulanant83
10.Add me in!i like to make icons!! wow.gif
jolansky
wow,,mobile icons once again!!!! i am also in! wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif

heres the banner for this week smile.gif

CODE
[url=http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?s=0&showtopic=99266][img]http://www.dumpyourphoto.com/files7/190903/KjGpn8O.jpg[/img][/url]
jolansky
hmnnn, seems like everyone's still having new year's holidays!!!!! wallbash.gif wallbash.gif
jimitjaishwal
wow,this is my favoraite topic...plz add me in.. thumbs_up.gif 10.gif laugh.gif
anulubi
jolly yes i think so, all we have to do is just wait for'em laugh.gif

akshay you can use it, but you must make your icons with this shapes : http://www.mediafire.com/?dbbppcsxahoh4up
...according to this rule -

For those who don't use Photoshop or dont want to show a psd you can download a set of 45 png images here to work with.
You can resize, mix & match them in any way you want. I will [b]not accept any other shapes from those of you who use programs other than Photoshop.
If you use only shapes from these 45 png's I'm giving you, then you don't have to show any psd files (even if you used Photoshop to finish making your icons).
Rahulanant83
sample-

icon-

Original
anulubi
QUOTE (Rahulanant83 @ Jan 11 2013, 04:22 PM) *
sample-

icon-

Original

originals are not allowed in this week..you must make icons by yourself..read #1 post carefully..
Rahulanant83
QUOTE (anulubi @ Jan 11 2013, 05:50 AM) *
QUOTE (Rahulanant83 @ Jan 11 2013, 04:22 PM) *
sample-

icon-

Original

originals are not allowed in this week..you must make icons by yourself..read #1 post carefully..

Anu i m not using any original that is icon wallpaper link !
*plz check the link that is only 1 wallpaper by which i create icon!
I not using any mixing here
*I Think My Time In Dc Going Poor!
*Very sorry anu!!!!!

Both in mdc and dc! Sorry
anulubi
rahul if you created this wallpaper, you need to upload its psd.. because, as per rule of this week, if you create the icons by yourself(without using this set : http://www.mediafire.com/?dbbppcsxahoh4up), you must show the icon's psd (atleast 1 icon's)
Rahulanant83
No problem anu i will give you all psd !
Rahulanant83
***Sorry but in the list of 25 icons there is 2 weather icons are present on number-11 and number-23 so 1 icon is missing here plz tell me what is that? .**
anulubi
rahul sorry for the trouble bro.. Its fm radio.. smile.gif
jolansky
nice try there Rahul bro,,,but still waiting for your psd...

meantine,,now working on my set,,,this is my start... thumbsup.gif

anulubi
jolly wow!!!!! marvelous work dear!!!!!superb icons!!! 10.gif wow.gif

i just started mine smile.gif
jolansky
anu,,,wowwww,,,,loooks pretty awesome icon set,,,fantabulous! 10.gif 10.gif wow.gif
Galina53
QUOTE (jolansky @ Jan 9 2013, 10:59 AM) *
hmnnn, seems like everyone's still having new year's holidays!!!!! wallbash.gif wallbash.gif

No,Jolly! Matter is not in holidays, and in restriction. I do icons in Adobe Illustrator .Forms in a format PNG do not approach for me.

maybe we allow icons made in AI so we can include you,,,just save the icons there in png format and submit here an ,.AI file,,,what do you think anu bro? unsure.gif unsure.gif but we understand galina dear smile.gif

sorry i used the edit button here tongue.gif ohmy.gif
Rahulanant83
@Anu AND Jeeya- wow Excellent work so far lov it
@galina- welcome dear!
anulubi
galina we understood that dear.. smile.gif
actually i did not know about, such files like AI..
if i knew it already, i'd have change the description at first..and would ask for AI file too smile.gif ..
thanks jolly..thats good idea..
i'll change the description now..i know its little late, but anyway i'll change it smile.gif
Galina53
QUOTE (anulubi @ Jan 15 2013, 12:37 AM) *
if i knew it already, i'd have change the description at first..and would ask for AI file too smile.gif ..
i'll change the description now..i know its little late, but anyway i'll change it smile.gif

You can look at a format AI only in Adobe Illustrator. Certainly, icons will be in a format PNG. But I am am confused also with the sizes in the task. These icons will be intended for what devices?

To do 25 icons for 60 series of sense is not present. For their theme it is necessary 700. In the fortieth series absolutely other set of icons. How many and what icons necessary for other devices I do not know.

To do icons that they anywhere could not be used it is useless work...
anulubi
QUOTE (Galina53 @ Jan 14 2013, 06:07 PM) *
QUOTE (anulubi @ Jan 15 2013, 12:37 AM) *

You can look at a format AI only in Adobe Illustrator. Certainly, icons will be in a format PNG. But I am am confused also with the sizes in the task. These icons will be intended for what devices?

To do 25 icons for 60 series of sense is not present. For their theme it is necessary 700. In the fortieth series absolutely other set of icons. How many and what icons necessary for other devices I do not know.

To do icons that they anywhere could not be used it is useless work...

first of all i wanna tell you that i'm still new at managing, especially choosing topics..
i just picked up this topic for a change, DC is more than just making wallpapers and posters.hope you know that already.

i know above is all not for your replay, but i just want you to know that..
and secondly, the icons's size which mension in #1 post was for iphone, i must have missed that part,so excuse me..
you can make icons whichever pixel you want, also remember try to be making png in user friendly size..

and about icons for series, you just misunderstood the description, or my description just made you wrong..
i was saying in that, you could make these 25 icons, if you want, underline - ( "only if you want" ), you could make more icons..
there is no such restriction about not making more than 25 icons...

i'm sorry if i'm sound rude, its my english smile.gif wub.gif

Galina53
@ Anu!My English language is very bad and I not all understand . It is possible for me to make the complete set of icons for the fortieth series with the permission 320-240. Let they will not be in a competition, but, probably, to somebody will be necessary.
jolansky
galina...we understand you dear,,,but you are making awesome icons,,they can never be useless and besides,,many are making android themes,,,and these 25 icons are useful,,they can also be useful for series 40,,it is just a matter of resizing them, well,,it was just a suggestion for you to make icons in AI,,,so at least you can join us here,,,,as i see,,there are few participants joining with this topic,,,,at least if you join us,,,,then it will be an honor,,,,,anu bro,,i think you sound just fine and your English sounds amazing!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
Galina53
QUOTE (jolansky @ Jan 15 2013, 09:50 AM) *
galina...we understand you dear,,,but you are making awesome icons,,they can never be useless and besides,,many are making android themes,,,and these 25 icons are useful,,they can also be useful for series 40,,it is just a matter of resizing them, well,,it was just a suggestion for you to make icons in AI,,,so at least you can join us here,,,,as i see,,there are few participants joining with this topic,,,,at least if you join us,,,,then it will be an honor,,,,,anu bro,,i think you sound just fine and your English sounds amazing!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

OK,sweet Jolly. I will try to make 25 icons. smile.gif
jolansky
i will be very happy galina dear! now excited to see what you can come up from your great imagination! wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif
anulubi
galina cant wait to see your icons wow.gif wow.gif

my work is done smile.gif

Download Icons and PSDs here
AjiNryU
@anu, bravo... good execution thumbsup.gif

Aye made something... after complete i found the mistake sad.gif edges are not clear thats the prob:(
anulubi
ajin what do you mean by 'edges are not clear'?? is that stroke that you taking about? ohmy.gif
btw your icons look so cool 10.gif
Galina53
@anulubi, @AjiNryU, Exellent icons! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

My modest record. Icons are placed in that sequence, as in the task list. In archive they are signed.

Originals

Download.

@Anu! You do not listen to requests. I again searched for a code of a logo for loading of icons on a site! Why you do not place it at once?
anulubi
galina beautiful icons dear 10.gif
i didnt get you ohmy.gif
Galina53
QUOTE (anulubi @ Jan 17 2013, 04:48 AM) *
galina beautiful icons dear 10.gif
i didnt get you ohmy.gif

Many thanks,dear! I wrote about it in DC 69. We load works to site very often earlier, than you open FET. Therefore would be correct to place a code on a logo DC at the task announcement, instead of in FET.

One more question. It is written that at 15 participations in DC the participant receives a badge. Data on participations last time was updated in October. I have more than 15 participations, and no badge I have. Why?
anulubi
galina if you are talking about the gallery banner, it was the default template that eric and mom has left behind me, so i followed it, i could add it to the topic thread before opening the FET., but i thought participants can get the code from previous FETs.., however, i'll add it to the topic thread too, on next time.. smile.gif

and about the badge, you had only 13 participation when i made the HOF ... thats why you did not in the list of promoted members..but you'll get it next time for sure.. smile.gif
Galina53
QUOTE (anulubi @ Jan 17 2013, 06:08 AM) *
galina if you are talking about the gallery banner, it was the default template that eric and mom has left behind me, so i followed it, i could add it to the topic thread before opening the FET., but i thought participants can get the code from previous FETs.., however, i'll add it to the topic thread too, on next time.. smile.gif

and about the badge, you had only 13 participation when i made the HOF ... thats why you did not in the list of promoted members..but you'll get it next time for sure.. smile.gif

Thanks for the answer. I thought that this badge is added automatically. But achievements are necessary for updating. In the street 2013, and achievements for October, 2012. byebye.gif
anulubi
galina yes, its very necessary, and it also complicated to update..so i update the HOF in one or two months.. smile.gif i will update it very soon smile.gif
glad you got my poor english smile.gif
Galina53
QUOTE (anulubi @ Jan 17 2013, 06:38 AM) *
galina yes, its very necessary, and it also complicated to update..so i update the HOF in one or two months.. smile.gif i will update it very soon smile.gif
glad you got my poor english smile.gif

My English language is not better , therefore also I understand laugh.gif
AjiNryU
yes anu i remove that stroke & now i feel better smile.gif

@galina, looks pretty thumbsup.gif10.gif
@anu, first time am participate icon challange... any mistake plz let me know:wub:

psd
gallery
jolansky
[b]anu[/b],,,your icons looks fantastic...love the design! just perfect! 10.gif 10.gif 10.gif

galina,,i knew you could givee us one amazing entry,,your icons look gorgeous!!! 10.gif 10.gif 10.gif

ajin,,they looks fabulous dear!!!love it! 10.gif

i finished mine wub.gif wub.gif

PSD

download
irshadshalu
I cant download the basic icons from mediafire sad.gif . Please upload it in mobile9 as icon .
jolansky
irshad,,create an account so you can download and upload files from mediafire,,,icons are already uploaded in m9 as zip file,,,just click the download button thumbsup.gif
AjiNryU
@jola, wow!!!! stunning work.... 10.gif Thanks.
irshadshalu
My entry
Black shine icons

download
psd in zip
irshadshalu
Hey . Anu bro , add me in the list . My entry is above . smile.gif
Galina53
Voted. Very small quantity of works. sad.gif
anulubi
QUOTE (Galina53 @ Jan 20 2013, 11:56 PM) *

yes dear..and i'm VERY sad about it sad.gif
Galina53
QUOTE (anulubi @ Jan 21 2013, 08:20 AM) *
QUOTE (Galina53 @ Jan 20 2013, 11:56 PM) *

yes dear..and i'm VERY sad about it sad.gif

Probably, difficult the task. I observe that the number of participants on all branches was very much reduced, except WPC. Earlier was such количестов beautiful themes. Beginners with very weak works now participate and do not want learns to do better. Competitions become not interesting. sad.gif
irshadshalu
I voted . But nothing happen . I am voting for first time . Please tell me what happens . smile.gif
@galina53 yes . When i joined here . The competetion arena was full of entries . But the no of entries and quality have reduced so much .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.