mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > Ringtone Challenge
Pages: 1, 2
christina86
+++++

Make a mix using reggae songs.

Theme pick: manola2 and hazza-1

Current CET Time

WARNING - IMPORTANT!!! READ THIS

1.If you post your mix and lately decide to change it - then use EDIT! Do not upload another mix or make a new post. If you do so, your entry won't be added to the voting booth
2. If you decide to post originals later - edit your first post with mix and add them there. We WILL NOT accept originals which aren't posted along with the mix.
3. If you post links for test mixes - please add them in quote tags.
4. Don't post again links of your edited mixes or any participant's. It 's enough to just inform that you have edited it. Everybody knows where to find them.

Everything you need to know can be found at the rules

If you don't know how to mix - you can also check our Tutorials for the beginners

If you need any help or advice about mixing or you need help regarding your RC mix - please post in HERE thumbsup.gif

All helpful links with songs for this week you can post in our thread HERE thumbsup.gif

THIS BANNER HAS TO BE POSTED IN YOUR RC MIX:

All you have to do is copy and paste this code:

CODE
[url=http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?s=0&showforum=108][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/4681/rcbanner.gif[/img][/url]

In case you don't post it - your mix will be disqualified.

You can pick a different colour for your banner by using one of the codes posted here

Have fun in mixing - please - PARTICIPATE !!! notworthy.gif

Enjoy the music! walkman.gif
Bratvany
Great theme...i love Ragga wow.gif wub.gif wub.gif wow.gif
manola2
wooow!!!!! wow.gif wow.gif
thank you christy for picking my theme!!! notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
i LOVE reggae!!!! wub.gif this time no matter what i have to find some time to make something smile.gif
paran0ia
I am not fond of reggae! sleep.gif dry.gif And i know very few tracks or artists! Can someone post some track lists in here!
Aeronitor
What is Reggae ? Explain it to me laugh.gif wacko.gif
and Give some Tracks Example if possible unsure.gif
paran0ia
QUOTE (Aeronitor @ Apr 30 2012, 04:33 PM) *
What is Reggae ? Explain it to me laugh.gif wacko.gif
and Give some Tracks Example if possible unsure.gif

As far as i know, Reggae is a music genre originating from jamaican and carribean backdrop!
It comprises of an offbeat pattern of drums, bass, piano, guitar!
I know a very few Reggae artists.. Bob Marley, Slu Dunbar, Peter Tosh!

The rest I have to google! tongue.gif

@Christy
Can i use remixes or fusions?
I searched and saw Dub and Reggaeton are the sub genres of Reggae! Can we use Dub and Reggaeton Tracks?

nimesh_kum
Great Topic wow.gif Like it...
I'm not a big fan of this type of music but try to make something for this topic. Below sharing what i've found about "Reggae" music:

"Reggae" Background:-
Around 1960, in the slums of Kingston Jamaica, where the local bands were playing a musical mixture of American R&B, Caribbean, and pan-African sounds, drummers began to emphasize the afterbeat, the 2nd and 4th beats (4/4 time) in unison with the piano and guitar while the bass played walking quarter notes. The musicians called the sound "Upside-down R&B". It soon became known as "Ska". As time passed Ska slowed the beat, lost it's brass sound and morphed into "Rocksteady", performed with fewer musicians and using more harmony vocals. Around 1968 the influences of Rastafari and Africanism along with political and social unrest in Jamaica gave birth to "Reggae", with a slower, stripped-down, less "Pop-like" sound often with accents added on the 3rd beat. Today the term "Reggae" applies broadly to all the Jamaican born music that contains the original afterbeat rhythm.

Check it out List Of Exclusive New Reggae Songs
paran0ia
Thanks a lot nim! this will help! smile.gif smile.gif
christina86
QUOTE (paran0ia @ Apr 30 2012, 09:29 AM) *
@Christy
Can i use remixes or fusions?
I searched and saw Dub and Reggaeton are the sub genres of Reggae! Can we use Dub and Reggaeton Tracks?[/i]

Yep, but the main music style should be reggae

@vanessa
Got this message at 4shared

In case someone doesn't have an account won't be able to listen or download it.
Bratvany
Damn ohmy.gif
kevin159
Beautiful theme smile.gif
Aeronitor
Thanks Nim & Atri laugh.gif
justbe3112
Cool theme pick Christy 10.gif
Thanks joanna wub.gif n hazza smile.gif for suggesting the topic thumbsup.gif

@Vansis
Cool mix sweety wub.gif wow.gif

@Lord
Great beats walkman.gif
kewlone
Hey guys byebye.gif just came to visit y'all i hear some nice beats in here clapping.gif just a small announcement from me: that i am retiring from RC unsure.gif i will definitely comment on your mixes once my semester is over! and ya i will be around to help in mixing thread wub.gif have fun guys byebye.gif love y'all wub.gif
Aeronitor
No Enna crybaby.gif Please don't leave RC sad.gif I'll miss You Dear wub.gif Your are permanently Retiring or what ?
kewlone
yeah permanently retiring from RC but as i said i will keep visiting but cannot participate smile.gif please no more comments on this thumbsup.gif
nimesh_kum
Respect your decision Enna thumbsup.gif but a small request to you please don't leave RC coz really miss you a lot dear. sad.gif

hunky_guy
great choice Christy !!! wow.gif wub.gif tnx for suggesting joanna!! smile.gif wub.gif
@Christy
we can also use " reggae pop " ?!? unsure.gif
@Enna
why u wanna leave RC ?! sad.gif surrender.gif we will miss u dear !!! unsure.gif sad.gif
kewlone
thanks boys, as i said i will be around notworthy.gif

@ hunky, unless you have restrictions on not using other genres surrender.gif it would be under remixes if i am not wrong unsure.gif

comeon guys get to work weightlift.gif will comment on your mixes soon wow.gif
Aeronitor
That's Not a Big Problem Enna for Leaving RC wacko.gif , Anyway its Your Decision unsure.gif
paran0ia
Is there any difference between reggaeton and reggae? I cant seem to find any track of my liking this week! sad.gif sad.gif

PS: Does 'Boombastic' fall under reggae?
christina86
We had reggae week some years ago at RC. Check the entries to get some ideas. http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?showtopic=65370
Here are some reggae song titles, the links aren't working though but I assume you can google them
Aeronitor
@Christy - i found a song of Lady Gaga Named Paparazzi is the genre of the track is Reggae ? Link
and What about Hardstyle Reggae ? Its allowed ?

EDIT -

@ALL -
Those who have problem in uploading Ringtones Try this
i have same problem some hours ago and now i found a way to upload Follow these Steps -
1. Save your mix with a Different Bit rate
2. so the file size will be different from your previous uploads
3. Try To Upload Your Mix !
4. i've tried and now it doesn't say "You have uploaded this file previously View it"
Hope it works smile.gif
murphy222
reggae songs clap.gif oh gr8 theme 10.gif
tongue.gif i don't know nothing about reggae ! surrender.gif
i'm in weightlift.gif
paran0ia
Does this fit the topic? unsure.gif

Bratvany
@ Aero...cool song & great RMX wub.gif wub.gif It has a touch of reggae in it..but this is the first time that i'm totally unsure if it's reggae or not laugh.gif
Aeronitor
@vany - didn't posted any mix yet laugh.gif he is "Atri" Not "Aero" haha.gif
Bratvany
QUOTE (Aeronitor @ May 3 2012, 11:07 AM) *
@vany - didn't posted any mix yet laugh.gif he is "Atri" Not "Aero" haha.gif

Oops..i'm getting old surrender.gif laugh.gif
paran0ia
Aero:

My personal opinion is that when a particular genre is given as the topic for that particular week, we must stick to that genre only!
Mixing other styles does not quite Sync the other specific genre (which is 'reggae' in this case)

I second vany, ur mix is more like techno, electronic house, hardstyle! But Reggae is our call for this week! tongue.gif

I didnt mean to offend you in any way! Its just my personal opinion!

smile.gif Peace for One Love! smile.gif
Aeronitor
OK let Christy Decide it wink.gif
@Vany - laugh.gif Do you also think that my mix is not Reggae or if it is only 1% in reggae then it would stick to the topic or not unsure.gif
Bratvany
QUOTE (Aeronitor @ May 3 2012, 11:38 AM) *
OK let Christy Decide it wink.gif
@Vany - laugh.gif Do you also think that my mix is not Reggae or if it is only 1% in reggae then it would stick to the topic or not unsure.gif

In my opinion less than 1% Reggae bro..but we'll see what Christina says wink.gif

However...ur mix sounds awesome,well done bro 10.gif
Aeronitor
@Murphy - Welcome To RC Family !! with your Nice first entry clapping.gif You have to Write the Name of the Singer/Artist on Your Originals
@Vany - Thanks My Dear smile.gif OK Let Christy Take a final Decision happy.gif
murphy222
@Aeronitor
notworthy.gif thank you
and its not my 1st RC entry surrender.gif
christina86
@aero
Nope, Paparazzi isn't reggae.
Would like to hear original reggae or something very close to it.
Sorry, can't accept your entry sad.gif

@atri
Sorry, don't think it does sad.gif
Bratvany
Chrissy..is my mix accepted ?? unsure.gif Joanna says Reggaeton has nothing to do with Reggae...
christina86
Yep, it 's alright. As it 's something very close to reggae I 'm fine with it.
Bratvany
OK..thanks wink.gif
idias_1
Hi there .... byebye.gif

Great mixes so far .. clapping.gif

My version of Reggae .... wow.gif

Out Of Space Da RMX

Originals .....

1. Max Romeo - Chase the devil ( Samuel cz dubstep rmx )1

2. Max Romeo - Chase the devil ( Samuel cz dubstep rmx )2

3. Max Romeo - Chase the devil ( Samuel cz dubstep rmx )3

4. Sound effect

5. Sound effect

Enjoy .. walkman.gif ( even if it sound teribble .. tongue.gif )

Thanks for your time .. winkiss.gif
paran0ia
Christy, How 'bout this? Is this anywhere close to reggae? unsure.gif

christina86
@atri
Yep, that one is alright thumbsup.gif
Aeronitor
Mix Updated ! Christy Please Check it Click Here
manola2
aero.. if reggaeton is allowed why not this wink.gif laugh.gif great mix thumbsup.gif afterall you have there some reggae beats..

murphy.. welcome back clapping.gif fantastic reggae 10.gif

kevin.. woow!! clapping.gif 10.gif

idy... as i said..ska genre is much more similar to reggae than reggaeton.. i LOVE it!!! clapping.gif 10.gif

Atri.. so..you mixed both of them laugh.gif reggae and reggaeton laugh.gif great work thumbsup.gif
paran0ia
QUOTE (manola2 @ May 4 2012, 10:36 PM) *
Atri.. so..you mixed both of them laugh.gif reggae and reggaeton laugh.gif great work thumbsup.gif

I dont know which part is reggae or which is reggaeton! just found the tracks, downloaded them and played round with audacity! smile.gif laugh.gif
Glad you liked it tho! smile.gif
Aeronitor
@Jo - Thanks Dear wub.gif , i'm Agree with Atri, even i don't know about Reggae and Reggaeton laugh.gif
@Atri - Very Nice Mix Brother clapping.gif
@Kevin - Love Akon's Voice in it (i don't know Akon does Reggae laugh.gif ) clapping.gif
@idy - Nice Dubstep Mix Bro clapping.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.