A soft and Hard resetA Soft-reset
- the process of resetting all the settings of the phone to the factory default! No applications are deleted!A Hard-reset
is like formatting a drive! It does format the memory.
Everything that has been installed after the first use of the phone is deleted! It will recover the memory of the phone to the state you purchased it!
It is done by inputing the following code: *#7370#
The battery must be full or the charger has to be connected to the phone so that it does not run out of power and make the phone unusable
Start up in Safe Mode so no 'auto start' apps will be running:
To make sure that no memory-resident programs start when you reboot your phone,
hold down the pencil key when you turn on the phone and hold it on untill you have to enter your PIN code.
(When you have trouble booting up the phone with the MMC in it because it got corrupted for some reason, this trick will almost always let you boot up the phone so you can remove the latest installed app which might have caused the problem or if your phone is "unrepairable" you can still back up your important data before you do a format. On the main screen type
1. Code *3370# -Activate Enhanced Full Rate Codec (EFR) - Your phone uses the best sound quality but talk time is reduced my approx 5%.
#3370# -Deactivate Enhanced Full Rate Codec (EFR).
2. *#4720# -Activate Half Rate Codec - Your phone uses a lower quality sound but you should gain approx 30% more Talk Time.
*#4720# -Deactivate Half Rate Codec.
3. *#0000# -Displays your phones software version, 1st Line : Software Version, 2nd Line : software Release Date, 3rd Line : Compression Type.
4. *#9999# -Phones software version if *#0000# does not work.
5. *#06# -For checking the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI Number)
6. #pw+1234567890+1# -Provider Lock Status. (use the "*" button to obtain the "p,w" and "+" symbols).
7. #pw+1234567890+2# -Network Lock Status. (use the "*" button to obtain the "p,w" and "+" symbols).
8. #pw+1234567890+3# -Country Lock Status. (use the "*" button to obtain the "p,w" and "+" symbols)
9. #pw+1234567890+4# -SIM Card Lock Status. (use the "*" button to obtain the "p,w" and "+" symbols).
10. *#147# -(vodafone) this lets you know who called you last.
11. *#1471# -Last call (Only vodofone).
12. *#21# -Allows you to check the number that "All Calls" are diverted to.
13. *#2640# -Displays security code in use
14. *#30# -Lets you see the private number.
15. *#43# -Allows you to check the "Call Waiting" status of your phone.
16. *#61# -Allows you to check the number that "On No Reply" calls are diverted to.
17. *#62# -Allows you to check the number that "Divert If Unreachable (no service)" calls are diverted to.
18. *#67# -Allows you to check the number that "On Busy Calls" are diverted to.
19. *#67705646# -Removes operator logo on 3310 & 3330
20. *#73# -Reset phone timers and game scores.
21. *#746025625# -Displays the SIM Clock status, if your phone supports this power saving feature "SIM Clock Stop Allowed", it means you will get the best standby time possible.
22. *#7760# -Manufactures code.
23. *#7780# -Restore factory settings.
24. *#8110# -Software version for the nokia 8110.
25. *#92702689# -Displays - 1.Serial Number, 2.Date Made, 3.Purchase Date, 4.Date of last repair (0000 for no repairs), 5.Transfer User Data. To exit this mode you need to switch your phone off then on again.
26. *#94870345123456789# -Deactivate the PWM-Mem.
27. **21*number# -Turn on "All Calls" diverting to the phone number entered.
28. **61*number# -Turn on "No Reply" diverting to the phone number entered.
29. **67*number# -Turn on "On Busy" diverting to the phone number entered.
30. 12345 This is the default security phone lock code.
31. press and hold # -Lets you switch between lines.