Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Symbian Theme Contest 78 - Happy Easter
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > ThemeMaking Competition > Symbian Theme Contest
Pages: 1, 2, 3
aliciawwp
Easter is coming soon on 8th April! Don't you love those colorful eggs and chubby bunnies? This time, we are going to make themes for this cheerful holiday! Let's start! cheers.gif

Topic: Happy Easter
Description: No restriction. Anything related to Easter would be fine !

If you are new, please read & understand the updated Rules and Guidelines for this contest.

A final entries thread will be opened shortly where you place your finalized theme previews. Once posted in final entries, you cannot alter them at all. Deadline for final entries will be Monday, 9th April, 0300 GMT.

In this thread you can post your work in progress to receive comments and suggestions from others and also give your comments on others work too.

If you have any other question, feel free to post them here and we will try to help. If you know themers (S60, Series 40, UIQ) who might be interested in joining us for some fun, please tell them & provide them with a link to this thread. Thank you for helping to keep STC alive.

CODE
http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?showforum=88

Here is the banner and link for STC.
CODE
[url=http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?showforum=88][img]http://www.dumpyourphoto.com/files3/85431/Kr8gCJXep.png[/img][/url]

Confirmed Participants:
1. RandyMabius
2. vinothvardha
3. Gbk668
4. danger1000volt
5. AnshuVaid
6. mangotango7
7. shusdm2
8. magicas1
9. Tridip_Deb
10. protsenko2006
11. kazjin
12. bkrm_dahal
13. porto61
14. Viola53
15. soumyadeepbshn
16. dar777ina
17. nazarenko
18. Challenge to the winner! Add me in! =)

Happy theming! byebye.gif
RandyMabius
Practically, im not sure. But typically in. smile.gif
vinothvardha
add me in alicia.... wow.gif
Gbk668
Count me in
danger1000volt
add me...
Gbk668
My Theme

Theme removed...
danger1000volt
dear alicia, you wrote danger100volt... But its danger1000volt
vinothvardha
can i use this image alicia...
jolansky
gbk, love the wally,,,,,, thumbsup.gif the white text with white background, is hardly read, can you make it black??? wink.gif
aliciawwp
@danger1000volt, oops.gif oops.gif oops.gif oops.gif sorry.....
@vinothvardha, yes, you can use the wally. smile.gif
Gbk668
QUOTE (jolansky @ Mar 30 2012, 11:16 AM) *
gbk, love the wally,,,,,, thumbsup.gif the white text with white background, is hardly read, can you make it black??? wink.gif

Thanks , and i want to tell that i have changed my entry 9made a new theme, with better wally and graphics)
Will soon show the full preview!!!
Gbk668
MY THEME

HOW IS THIS ONE !!!!

WHEN WILL THE FINAL ENTRY THREAD OPEN ?
vinothvardha
here is my start smile.gif
Gbk668
QUOTE (vinothvardha @ Mar 30 2012, 11:03 PM) *
here is my start smile.gif

Main topic HAPPY EASTER IS NOT CLEARLY VISIBLE!
AnshuVaid
I too wish to join but i m learning also..Hope i get help..I want to make make theme for nokia N8..what software i should use to download .If anyone can assist me ..i shall be very thankful.
I created one sig today for the forum but i don't know how to add it to my profile.

here it is..It is my very first try for sig..Got Inspired from signatures posted here.
vinothvardha
@gbk: thanks for ur comment friend i try to change the walley... smile.gif

@anshuvaid: for N8 themes u should download carbide which is very usefull to make s60 themes....
you can download it here...
click

select 4.3 version of carbide while downloading.... thumbsup.gif

if there is any problem dont fell shy to ask your doughts here... smile.gif

Gbk668
QUOTE (AnshuVaid @ Mar 31 2012, 02:41 AM) *
I too wish to join but i m learning also..Hope i get help..I want to make make theme for nokia N8..what software i should use to download .If anyone can assist me ..i shall be very thankful.
I created one sig today for the forum but i don't know how to add it to my profile.

here it is..It is my very first try for sig..Got Inspired from signatures posted here.

Steps to make a signature

Go to community - mobile9 Forums - then a page will open , look at the top of the page right side, my controls would be written - click on that - a page with many functions would open - select edit my signature from left side first column - then give a link to your sig if you don't have one just go to dumpyourphoto.com , dump your sig and copy and paste the link you will get from there

Like my sig's link is = http://www.dumpyourphoto.com/files3/95572/zeqjEAkLGT.png

THAT'S ALL - YOU HAVE MADE YOUR SIGNATURE

aNYTHING Else
jolansky
great work there GBK and a lot better theme!!!well done my friend!!!!

vino,,,superb start there!!

anshu,,if you want to make themes for n8,,,,you may use carbide symbian edition, it can be downloaded from forum nokia( viino has the link),,,for the elements,,you may use several programs,,photoshop, illustrator or inscape!!,,,just feel free to ask anything,pople here are very accomodating!
Galina53
@vinothvardha, I to you would advise to pick up other image.

@Gbk668, good theme. thumbsup.gif
mangotango7
Alicia add me PLS

Gbk668
alicia, when will the final entry thread open?
AnshuVaid
Thank you VinothVarda , GBK and Jolansky..Thanks a lot
I have downloaded Carbide 4.3..Just trying it now but i guess i m lost where to start and what to do .

1.What should be my wallpaper size for the theme .
2.what is the size of the lower bar where it is options and contacts ..i mean what the size of the elements used in this theme
( theme by Imsagi) and how do we put it in carbide. I use photoshop. Shall i save my files as png or jpg.

Thanks again!!
RandyMabius
Dear ansu, welcm 2 m9. 4 wlppr u should use 640x640 pixel in order to preferable to both protait n landscape, thats should be dn in aspect ration, for softkeys the size may vary from landscape to protait, so better use .svg extension, all the resolution is written in the right window. To get the exact u've 2 cmbined the 9 rectangles.
I'm not good in teachin' hope u got my hint. smile.gif
Galina53
@mangotango,Very funny theme! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

I have made such image for a theme. I hope that my theme will be ready in the near time.

Gbk668
QUOTE (Galina53 @ Mar 31 2012, 06:31 PM) *
@mangotango,Very funny theme! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

I have made such image for a theme. I hope that my theme will be ready in the near time.

You are really good at making wallpapers !!!
shusdm2
add me in!
shusdm2
imsagi
QUOTE (AnshuVaid @ Mar 30 2012, 09:01 PM) *
I have downloaded Carbide 4.3..Just trying it now but i guess i m lost where to start and what to do .

2.what is the size of the lower bar where it is options and contacts ..i mean what the size of the elements used in this theme
( theme by Imsagi) and how do we put it in carbide. I use photoshop. Shall i save my files as png or jpg.

Thanks again!!

this is another thing i made this with other style
but the size of lower bar softkeys is 180x61 for this area only when you switch to single piece element
and i have nokia n97 cellphone & i think n8 have the same size lower softkeys too

am i right jolly???
jolansky
QUOTE (imsagi @ Mar 31 2012, 04:59 PM) *
QUOTE (AnshuVaid @ Mar 30 2012, 09:01 PM) *

Thanks again!!

this is another thing i made this with other style
but the size of lower bar softkeys is 180x61 for this area only when you switch to single piece element
and i have nokia n97 cellphone & i think n8 have the same size lower softkeys too

am i right jolly???

very well said sweety!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anshu,,,if you want to get the real exact sizes of all the elements,,,go to properties,,,,switch the element from 9 piece to single element,,,the dimension will appear!!!!,,,hope you get us all right byebye.gif

lara...very exotic,,,i just love it!! 10.gif 10.gif
soumyadeepbshn
@ Ashu , Jolly & Imsagi both are right , if u making theme for s60v5 or s^3 I'm assuming that you are going to use .svg elements(because the .png elements definitely lag your device , no matter how it looks good ) , So u can also take a size of 229x231 (this is the highest element size for s60v5 or s^3 theme ) & use the element in any kind of elements ( softkey , pop ups etc...) , because .svg elements are vector graphics & It will stretch or shrink wid any kind of dimension without loosing its quality . try to work wid single piece element first , then gradually learn 2 make 9 piece element .
mangotango7
Galina and Jolly many many thanks!
jolansky
QUOTE (soumyadeepbshn @ Apr 1 2012, 03:26 AM) *
@ Ashu , Jolly & Imsagi both are right , if u making theme for s60v5 or s^3 I'm assuming that you are going to use .svg elements(because the .png elements definitely lag your device , no matter how it looks good ) , So u can also take a size of 229x231 (this is the highest element size for s60v5 or s^3 theme ) & use the element in any kind of elements ( softkey , pop ups etc...) , because .svg elements are vector graphics & It will stretch or shrink wid any kind of dimension without loosing its quality . try to work wid single piece element first , then gradually learn 2 make 9 piece element .

i agree with soumy,,,all had been said...though if you can not make svg elements,,,,you can use png or jpg( usually from photoshop),,,just folllow the correct dimension of the elements,,they will still look perfectly fine! byebye.gif byebye.gif
aliciawwp
@Gbk668, normally final entry thread will be opened on the next Monday 03:00 GMT after a new topic is announced. That's today! smile.gif

@AnshuVaid & shusdm2, welcome abroad and nice to meet you! clap.gif clap.gif
Tridip_Deb
Plz help me.... In the preview of final entry thread I must give 75% preview.... But I can only find 6 previews on Carbide UI.... Plz help me to take more screenshots.... N which app shoud I use for taking screen snap..?? Print Screen System Request button takes screen snap but in low quality....
Galina53
Hi to all! This is my preview.

Download
magicas1
@ mangotango wonderful easter theme love all of it

@ galina fantastic so sweet and lovely easter

@ alicia please add me with this theme

Tridip_Deb
Itz STC.... Can I make S40 themes..?? If S40 themes r allowed then m in.... Plz add me.... If not then dont add me....
magicas1
@ tripiddeb s 40 themes are allowed yes and in carbide there is option to see all pics so you can make screenshots all pics are not visible in emulator can be found at nokias homepage its called SDK

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/W..._40_6th_Edition

open theme with emulator it makes good screenshots
vinothvardha
@Gbk668: nice theme brother... 10.gif
@mangotango7: mind blowing theme..... 10.gif
@Galina53: amazing theme ....love all the elements much..... 10.gif
@magicas: wonderfull theme... 10.gif

Tridip_Deb
QUOTE (magicas1 @ Apr 3 2012, 07:29 AM) *
@ tripiddeb s 40 themes are allowed yes and in carbide there is option to see all pics so you can make screenshots all pics are not visible in emulator can be found at nokias homepage its called SDK

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/W..._40_6th_Edition

open theme with emulator it makes good screenshots

Thank u very much dear.... Then m in.... Is this SDK for S40 6th edition phone..??
vinothvardha
here is my theme....

Gallery
Galina53
@magicas1, Impresses.In my country, to Easter are treated with respect.
Gotha actively uses religious images in songs, religious ornaments in clothes, but all is a satirical jeer or is simple fashion and to religion no any relation has.Between the Goths and Satanists are very fine line.
You excuse me, but a Gothic theme for a light holiday of Easter it-blasphemy and mockery at feelings of those who believes in God! sad.gif

@vinothvardha, funny theme!

Thanks for comments!
mangotango7
Galina beautiful theme!
vinothvardha very nice!
magi wow.gif coooooool! very creative decision!

many thanks for comments notworthy.gif , but.... I made other theme

Galina53
@mangotango7, I like both themes. The second to me is closer on colour.
Thank you for comment!
protsenko2006
Gbk668 nice, cute theme!

Galina53 great work, simple super!!

mangotango7 I like both themes!! So beautiful!

magicas1 good work, but I think that on the feast of Easter, it is too dark.

vinothvardha Like it!

10.gif 10.gif 10.gif

Alicia add me too plz!

I used this wally

artmen79
A great contest. Topics simply gorgeous! Bravo! For every taste there is a theme!
wub.gif wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif
а всем нервным по куличу ( ссылка для получения кулича)
kazjin
Add me In
Here is My preview
RandyMabius
Can anybody tell me what software is this, that can have a preview of .svg extension

Galina53
QUOTE (RandyMabius @ Apr 4 2012, 01:45 AM) *
Can anybody tell me what software is this, that can have a preview of .svg extension

Look here.
Galina53
@kazjin, lovely theme! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

@protsenko2006, nice wally!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.