First to introduce some shortcut keys, I often use to create my wallies is Photoshop!
Here they are....
Adobe Photoshop Keyboard Shortcuts for windows!
This is for the beginners to save your time!
Shortcut keys Action Edit Menu shortcuts
Ctrl+Z To undo/redo the last changes
Alt+Ctrl+Z Go to one step backward
Shift+Ctrl+Z Go to one step forward
Ctrl+X or F2 Used to cut the selected area
Ctrl+C or F3 Used to copy the selected area
Ctrl+V or F4 Used to Paste the copied value Image Menu shortcuts
Ctrl+L To adjust the color levels
Alt+Shift+Ctrl+L To adjust the auto Contrast
Ctrl+B Used to adjust the Color and Tone balance
Ctrl+U Used to adjust the Hue/Saturation
Ctrl+Alt+X Used to Extract the selected area
Ctrl+I Used to Invert Layer Menu Shortcuts
Ctrl+N Used to insert new Layer
Ctrl+J Used to move Layer via copy
Ctrl+Shift+J Used to move Layer via cut
Ctrl+G To create the Group of layers
Shift+Ctrl+G To create the ungroup of layers
Ctrl+E Used to Merge the Layers
Ctrl+Shift+E Used to Merge Visible Select Menu Shortcuts
Ctrl+A Used to select all
Ctrl+D Used to deselect all
Alt+Ctrl+A Used to select all layers
Shift+Ctrl+D Used to reselect Filter Menu Shortcuts
Alt+Ctrl+X Used to extract the selected image
Shift+Ctrl+X Used to Liquify the selected image
Alt+Shift+Ctrl+X To create the Pattern Preview
Ctrl+F Used to view the last Filter Filter Menu Shortcuts
Ctrl++ or Ctrl+= Used to apply Zoom in
Ctrl(+)------ Used to apply Zoom out
Ctrl+0 Used to view as Fit on screen
Ctrl+R Used to display the Rulers
F9 Used to display the Actions panel
F5 Used to display the Brushes panel
F6 Used to display the Color panelIn Detail
1. Caps Lock switches your cursor to Plus sign for precision, while working with painting or editing tools.
2. To draw a straight line, click where you want the line to start, then go to the point where you want the line to end, hold Shift and Click.
3. Holding Ctrl will change you current tool to Move Tool, temporarily.
4. Holding Spacebar will change you current tool to Hand Tool, temporarily.
5. Holding Alt will change you current tool to Eyedropper Tool, temporarily if you are working with a painting tool.
6. Ctrl + Alt + Click and drag the image, it will create a duplication of the current image image or selection and make an overlay on top.
7. If you hold down Alt while using Burn or Dodge Tool, it switches the tool functions in between them.
8. When you are done typing with any text tool, press Ctrl+Enter, Photoshop will understand you are done.
9. Alt + Mouse Scroll changes the zoom level
10. While using Magnetic Lasso Tool, pressing Delete button will remove the previous anchor point.
11. While working with Zoom Tool, Ctrl + Spacebar = zooms in, Alt + Spacebar = zooms out.
12. Eyedropper Tool to captures foreground color, hold Alt and click, it will capture the color for background.
13. When drawing a line with Measure Tool, if you hold Alt and draw another line from the end of the first line, it will also measure the angle.
14. When using Marquee Tools, hold down Alt and it will make the click point as the center point of the selection.When using Brush Tool, or other Paint Tools, pressing the numbers on the numeral pad will alter the transparency. ([4=40%] or [press 4 then 5 will get 45%])
15. Hold Shift and press “+” or “-” it will change the layer and painting modes:
N = Normal
I = Dissolve
M = Multiply
S = Screen
O = Overlay
F = Soft Light
H = Hard Light
D = Color Dodge
B = Color Burn
K = Darken
G = Lighten
E = Difference
X = Exclusion
U = Hue
T = Saturation
C = Color
Y = Luminosity
Q = Behind 1
L = Threshold 2
R = Clear 3
W = Shadow 4
V = Midtones 4
Z = Highlights 4
16. When you double click the gray background area, the “Open” command will run. (Works when no file is opened)
17. Double clicking on the title of any panel will minimize or maximize it.
18. All “Cancel” buttons in every Photoshop windows and tables, will be transformed into a “Reset” button by just holding Alt.
19. Pressing Tab will hide toolbar and panels, while Shift + Tab will only hide panels. This is one the most used trick in Photoshop.
20. Let’s have some fun, wanna change the grey background color outside the opened file, select Paint Bucket tool, hold shift and click. Voila! (works only when a file is opened)
21. Open a file and press F button, it switches among the 3 different screen modes so you can easily choose the best workspace for your current task.
22. Ctrl + Backspace and Alt + Backspace will fill in the whole image area with foreground color or background colors.
23. Pressing Shift + Backspace will pop-up the option window, Alt + Shift + Backspace and Ctrl + Shift + Backspace, will fill the image with foreground or background color but will not change the values in of the areas of alpha.
24. Ctrl+J makes a duplicate layer.
25. Ctrl + D to deselect everything, and Ctrl+Shift+D to reselect what you deselected.
26. You can show or hide a path by pressing Ctrl+shift+H
27. Pressing Ctrl+Tab allows you to toggles between opened image files.
28. Alt drag a step from a serial action can copy it to another action.
29. If you want to import an object from Illustrator to Photoshop, just Copy and Paste. Photoshop will ask you whether to import it as a vector or bitmap.
30. Double clicking the Hand Tool will provide you the largest full image preview possible.
31. Double clicking the Zoom Tool sets the zoom level to 100%.
32. Pressing X will swap the foreground and background colors.
33. Pressing D will reset the foreground and background colors to default (mostly Black and White)
34. Ctrl+Shift+N opens the new layer with a dialog box, Ctrl+Shift+Alt+N creates a new layer, no questions asked.
35. Ctrl+E Merges Layers