Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tutorials / Creative Tips
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > Wallpaper Competition
Pages: 1, 2, 3
mohib-rameen
Its time to Improve your Skills, You May Post Your Tutorial in Wpc - Chill Zone and after approval , we shall move it here in this Thread. You can make a Tutorial for any Software you use for graphic manipulation Photoshop, Gimp etc thumbsup.gif , The Tutorial must include images with written instructions thumbsup.gif Thanks for your contribution and help wub.gif It will assist our friends to learn more about the softwares and Improve their skills in Wpc !

How to Make A Shadow
1. open adobe photoshop
2.creat a new page with any resolution (i am going with 640 X 480 thumbsup.gif )
3.now open an image for the background.

4. Now add any man, woman or any character image to it.
i am going with the girl image smile.gif

5. Now select the girl layer, right click on and duplicate the layer

6. Select the duplicated layer.
7.Go to image>>> Adjustments>>>>>Exposure .
8.Make the exposure value to -20.00.
so it will be look like below.

9.Selct the duplicate layer by presst Ctrl+T , than made the position of the shadow in any angle.

10. Now got to Filter >>>>>> Blur >>>>> Motion Blur.
11. Give the value as like this.
-Angel = 0
- Disttance = 20.
it would be like this

12. Now make the capacity to 50%.
and it would be look like this.

13.thats it..

this is just the simple way hot to make a shadow..
AMDOMINATOR
How To Create A Black And White Sketch

This Is The Stock I Used

mohib-rameen
Well Here is a small tutorial about how to make a signature smile.gif

Just follow these steps !

1. Open PS
2. Create a new Document with the dimention 600 x 300 with Transparent Background.
3. When you created the new document than selec Rounded rectangular tool .

4. and creat a shape like this.

5. Now go double click on the layer and go to blending option .
for this i am using some pattern, you can use any pattern or gradient ovely smile.gif.
in pattern, select your fav pattern,
than apply this.
blend mode Luminosty
Opacity 100
Scale 33

6... and the result is like this

7... now select your fav character, like cars, food, anime, any thing you like, i am going for a 3D girl thumbsup.gif

8......Bring your character to the main document and place it any where you like like this

9....Double Click on the character layer and go to Blending option
10.....click on Drop shadow] and give the give the values, i will go for the followin
[b]Distance
= 5
Spread = 3
Size = 5

11...... Now make two small boxes as we have done in Step 4 and 5 .

12.....At last you have to write your name, gallery, profile etc..

.And here is your signature. smile.gif

Also you can add any thing.
kewlone
Creative Tips lightbulb.gif

When it comes to designing a wallpaper, there are myriad ways one could use to achieve a desired result. Our WPC designers use techniques they are most confident as well as comfortable with, which is great because it’s always useful to peek into the workflow of our colleagues and learn new design approaches. So share your techniques and tricks which you have learned from your experiences.
The host of this thread is Srimunna aka Sri/munna. I hope you will enjoy sharing your thoughts, experiences about Designing, kindly keep this thread neat, not for chatting purposes smile.gif thanks wub.gif

Aleena143
Well, thanks enna and munna bhai to invite me to share my techniques.

ths is really great thread and i think it will be useful for everyone.

and i wish that ths thread get success.

And i'll share my tips and techniques one by one.

san-sagar
Great idia .... munna bhai . . . . thanks for invite me .

i am not too good in but i will share my small idia with you all surely . byebye.gif

Galina53
Great idea, but my English does not give possibility to share the knowledge. sad.gif
vinothvardha
nice thread we can learn much about designing... laugh.gif
manjuraja
WOW! A fantastic thread to learn and make others learn! Sri I will be always with in all means regarding this thread! wub.gif wub.gif
srimunnamunna
enna - thanks for your quick response to open this new thread
aleena - we need your tips maha, u r great at everything i saw your suggestions from past few weeks so i got this idea asked enna about this so i should say thanks for your 1st.
sagar - no matter sagar just we want your hand in this thread.
galina - it's doesn't matter dear even am not perfect in english, i will wait for your tips
vino - thank u & be waiting for tips bro.
sar - it's ok.
raja - it will be my pleasure to share with you naanba, i will be waiting for your tips.
mohamedali05
Great thread wow.gifwow.gif Thanks enna & Sri notworthy.gif
kewlone
I'm glad to see your response guys wub.gif and hope you will add some nice tips and tricks that will help everyone to learn new stuff notworthy.gif

I will share my tips too for animation smile.gif

manjuraja
First to introduce some shortcut keys, I often use to create my wallies is Photoshop! thumbsup.gif

Here they are....

Adobe Photoshop Keyboard Shortcuts for windows!

This is for the beginners to save your time!
thumbsup.gif

Shortcut keys Action

Edit Menu shortcuts

Ctrl+Z To undo/redo the last changes

Alt+Ctrl+Z Go to one step backward

Shift+Ctrl+Z Go to one step forward

Ctrl+X or F2 Used to cut the selected area

Ctrl+C or F3 Used to copy the selected area

Ctrl+V or F4 Used to Paste the copied value

Image Menu shortcuts

Ctrl+L To adjust the color levels

Alt+Shift+Ctrl+L To adjust the auto Contrast

Ctrl+B Used to adjust the Color and Tone balance

Ctrl+U Used to adjust the Hue/Saturation

Ctrl+Alt+X Used to Extract the selected area

Ctrl+I Used to Invert

Layer Menu Shortcuts

Ctrl+N Used to insert new Layer

Ctrl+J Used to move Layer via copy

Ctrl+Shift+J Used to move Layer via cut

Ctrl+G To create the Group of layers

Shift+Ctrl+G To create the ungroup of layers

Ctrl+E Used to Merge the Layers

Ctrl+Shift+E Used to Merge Visible

Select Menu Shortcuts

Ctrl+A Used to select all

Ctrl+D Used to deselect all

Alt+Ctrl+A Used to select all layers

Shift+Ctrl+D Used to reselect

Filter Menu Shortcuts

Alt+Ctrl+X Used to extract the selected image

Shift+Ctrl+X Used to Liquify the selected image

Alt+Shift+Ctrl+X To create the Pattern Preview

Ctrl+F Used to view the last Filter

Filter Menu Shortcuts

Ctrl++ or Ctrl+= Used to apply Zoom in

Ctrl(+)------ Used to apply Zoom out

Ctrl+0 Used to view as Fit on screen

Ctrl+R Used to display the Rulers

F9 Used to display the Actions panel

F5 Used to display the Brushes panel

F6 Used to display the Color panel

In Detail

1. Caps Lock switches your cursor to Plus sign for precision, while working with painting or editing tools.

2. To draw a straight line, click where you want the line to start, then go to the point where you want the line to end, hold Shift and Click.

3. Holding Ctrl will change you current tool to Move Tool, temporarily.

4. Holding Spacebar will change you current tool to Hand Tool, temporarily.

5. Holding Alt will change you current tool to Eyedropper Tool, temporarily if you are working with a painting tool.

6. Ctrl + Alt + Click and drag the image, it will create a duplication of the current image image or selection and make an overlay on top.

7. If you hold down Alt while using Burn or Dodge Tool, it switches the tool functions in between them.

8. When you are done typing with any text tool, press Ctrl+Enter, Photoshop will understand you are done.

9. Alt + Mouse Scroll changes the zoom level

10. While using Magnetic Lasso Tool, pressing Delete button will remove the previous anchor point.

11. While working with Zoom Tool, Ctrl + Spacebar = zooms in, Alt + Spacebar = zooms out.

12. Eyedropper Tool to captures foreground color, hold Alt and click, it will capture the color for background.

13. When drawing a line with Measure Tool, if you hold Alt and draw another line from the end of the first line, it will also measure the angle.

14. When using Marquee Tools, hold down Alt and it will make the click point as the center point of the selection.When using Brush Tool, or other Paint Tools, pressing the numbers on the numeral pad will alter the transparency. ([4=40%] or [press 4 then 5 will get 45%])

15. Hold Shift and press “+” or “-” it will change the layer and painting modes:

N = Normal
I = Dissolve
M = Multiply
S = Screen
O = Overlay
F = Soft Light
H = Hard Light
D = Color Dodge
B = Color Burn
K = Darken
G = Lighten
E = Difference
X = Exclusion
U = Hue
T = Saturation
C = Color
Y = Luminosity
Q = Behind 1
L = Threshold 2
R = Clear 3
W = Shadow 4
V = Midtones 4
Z = Highlights 4

16. When you double click the gray background area, the “Open” command will run. (Works when no file is opened)

17. Double clicking on the title of any panel will minimize or maximize it.

18. All “Cancel” buttons in every Photoshop windows and tables, will be transformed into a “Reset” button by just holding Alt.

19. Pressing Tab will hide toolbar and panels, while Shift + Tab will only hide panels. This is one the most used trick in Photoshop.

20. Let’s have some fun, wanna change the grey background color outside the opened file, select Paint Bucket tool, hold shift and click. Voila! (works only when a file is opened)

21. Open a file and press F button, it switches among the 3 different screen modes so you can easily choose the best workspace for your current task.

22. Ctrl + Backspace and Alt + Backspace will fill in the whole image area with foreground color or background colors.

23. Pressing Shift + Backspace will pop-up the option window, Alt + Shift + Backspace and Ctrl + Shift + Backspace, will fill the image with foreground or background color but will not change the values in of the areas of alpha.

24. Ctrl+J makes a duplicate layer.

25. Ctrl + D to deselect everything, and Ctrl+Shift+D to reselect what you deselected.

26. You can show or hide a path by pressing Ctrl+shift+H

27. Pressing Ctrl+Tab allows you to toggles between opened image files.

28. Alt drag a step from a serial action can copy it to another action.

29. If you want to import an object from Illustrator to Photoshop, just Copy and Paste. Photoshop will ask you whether to import it as a vector or bitmap.

30. Double clicking the Hand Tool will provide you the largest full image preview possible.

31. Double clicking the Zoom Tool sets the zoom level to 100%.

32. Pressing X will swap the foreground and background colors.

33. Pressing D will reset the foreground and background colors to default (mostly Black and White)

34. Ctrl+Shift+N opens the new layer with a dialog box, Ctrl+Shift+Alt+N creates a new layer, no questions asked.

35. Ctrl+E Merges Layers
kewlone
Magnificent Job Manju clap.gif clap.gif
Aleena143
@ munna bhai: thanks .i'll try to give whatever i know and i love to.

@ manju bro wow so many shortcut keys,awesome bro.

@ Enna thankyou so much dear for ths wonderful thread,i too was thinking to write a tutorial on animation,many peoples asking me to teach animation,shall i add it here.i ve to prepare for it.

now i just add some tip.

which ths week soumya bro had some lil problem in his wally,

how to tackle with blurry picture.

First thing dnt use cut tool instead use layermask .

2.Use sharp tool in that blury area.

3. u can also make a duplicate layer of that blurry area to make it lil darker.

4.Or paint that blurry area alone in a new layer and change the blending options..

ths r the things i'll do with blurry areas.
anuragsins1991
very useful tips sis and good thread enna and all u guys make it successful
srimunnamunna
manjuraj - awesome tips for shortcuts you have explained it superbly, thanks for the quick tips naanba.
aleena - those tips about blur is superb maha looking forward for animation tips from you
enna - i am looking forward for animation tips.
san-sagar
@ great tips .... raja aleena ...!

i explain use layer mask -

A Layer Mask is a useful, non-destructive way of editing. They allow you to go back and edit the selection you made to a layer. It also saves you from being very annoyed if you erase a certain part of a layer and then decide later on that you want it!

To create a layer mask make a selection of what you would like to keep and click the ‘Add Layer Mask’ button.

Your selected area has been converted into a layer mask. A small thumbnail is now linked to your original layer.

To edit the layer mask click on the layer mask’s thumbnail. Now you can either paint in black or white to edit the layer. Painting in the colour black will mask the pixels in the original layer and painting in the colour white will reveal the pixels in the original layer.

Aleena143
Thanks anuraga bro,munna bhai and sagar bro.

@ sagar bro: wonderful tips about layer mask.

Layer Mask is a wonderful tool which makes our image to fix originally with the background .

and u also can select a certain point in ur image and click that layermask thumbnail ,the other parts get hide leave ur selected parts.ths is easy step.
kewlone
amazing tips Aleena and Sagar thumbsup.gif

where are the rest unsure.gif participate wisely tongue.gif
srimunnamunna
sagar - beautiful tips sagar awesome tips
mohib-rameen
Nice thread smile.gif

i think i will learn many things from you guys and if i find any tips abt designing i will share for sure smile.gif
anulubi
Oh my ohmy.gif
How come i didnt saw this thread?
I'll be back with my tricks n tips smile.gif
Aleena143
Thanks enna ,im glad u liked my tips.and happy that its useful too for others.

here my animation tutorial,

How to Create glowing Light animation .:

Like ths

Click Here

First open a image,i ve did it in 240 *320 size.

secondly create new layer, take soft brush with color white nad paint on that chimney like ths in new layer.

And change the blending option to overlay.

now,ctrl+j to copy that layer.and change the blending to overlay and reduce the opacity to 50%

so we created our layers now lets see how to animate it.

Open windows-animation.

create 3 frames.

On frame one-layer 1

second frame-layer2

third frame-layer3

and set the timing 0.3 each.

thats it.

i hope u all enjoyed ths tutorial and hope it will be useful for u all.

Create ur own glowing effect.

Thanks.
srimunnamunna
bhai - nice to see you back from hell tongue.gif don't be lazy give some tips bhai
anu - we will be waiting for your tips.
aleena - awesome animation tips dear it helps for the beginners like me, i will try to make same type of wally, keep it coming dear.
mohib-rameen
Well i am not as higher designer as you guys are.

but still i want to share some simple tips with you all.

1..... when ever you want to make a wally. just search for best quality images.
2..... always try to use a pen tool for a clear cutting.
3..... never use a blur efect on your wally, but if you want just use on theedges.
4..... always try to combine images that make scene, not only to combine any thing.
5..... when ever you want to make a wally, always work on color combination which will make your wally perfct.

these are the small tips that will help you ..... ( hope so tongue.gif )

will try to come with the next tips soon. wink.gif
srimunnamunna
bhai - that was cool tips from you it helps newbies a lot.
Aleena143
Thanks munna bhai, but no response frm others!!!

And no tips frm others too..Waiting to see any new tips.

Mohib bro, great and must know tips bro.
san-sagar
@ mohb- bhai Thats nt small tips,tht a super cool tips. . .help a newbie a lot. Thanks for sharing.

@ aleena - great tutorial dear, i will surely try something with your tutorial.
kewlone
@ Aleena Fantastic Tutorial notworthy.gif

@ Honey Bear, very useful tips wub.gif
taghytotty
WoOoOoW .. Wht an amazing thread .......

Manjuuuuu .. wow.. thnx a million ..

Sagar , Mohib ... thnx guyssss s ..

Alennaa .. sing baby sing .. keep those tutorials comming honey ..

love every tip .. 4 me i,ll be waiting 4 more ...
vinothvardha
can anyone teach me about... how to create ornamental borders for image,.... unsure.gif
Star_Santa
CREATING DECORATIVE PHOTOGRAPHIC EDGES

Tired of boring borders around your photos? Have some fun creating decorative edges for your digital images.

1. Go to the File Menu and Open the image you want to apply a decorative edge to.

Hit the D key to restore the Foreground Color to black and the Background Color to white (the defaults).

3. Double-click the Quick Mask Mode icon in the tools palette:

This will bring up the Quick Mask Options dialog box. Make sure the Selected Areas box is checked (not Masked Areas) and click OK:

Click the Q key to deselect Quick Mask Mode

4. Use the Marquee Tool in the tools palette to select an inside portion of the image.

The Marquee tool is located at the top of the tools palette. Just click once on the Marquee tool icon or hit the M key to select it. When you click and hold on the Marquee tool, notice that more tools emerge, including the Elliptical Marquee Tool which can be used to create circular or oval selections:

With the Marquee Tool selected, drag across your image while holding down the mouse button to select an inside portion of the image, and then release the mouse button. Your selection will be surrounded by flickering dashed lines (also referred to as marching ants). If you’re not happy with your selection, just click once with the mouse anywhere inside the image, the dashed lines will disappear, and try again. You should aim for something that looks like this:

5. Click on the Quick Mask Mode icon in the tools palette (or just hit the Q key). The selected area (your masked area) will turn red:

6. Now you will apply the Gaussian Blur filter to the mask. In the Filter Menu, scroll down to Blur and in the drop down menu that appears, select Gaussian Blur:

In the dialog box, set a Radius value of 5 pixels. Click OK:

Next you will apply the Diffuse filter to the mask. In the Filter Menu, scroll down to Stylize and in the drop down menu that appears, select Diffuse:

In the dialog box that appears, make sure the Mode is set to Normal. Click OK.

Notice that the edges of your mask are now a bit ragged:

8. Click on the Q key again to get out of Quick Mask Mode. The red mask becomes a selection boundary of flickering dashed lines.

9. You now want to Inverse the selection so that the selected area becomes the outer edge of the graphic that you will fill with a background color. From the Select Menu, choose Inverse.

You should get something that looks like this:

10. Delete this outer edge and fill it with a Background Color of your choice. First pick a background color that the image will blend into. For example, I wanted the image to blend into the background of this page so I chose the same color as the page’s background color (white).

Fill the selected area with your Background Color: from the Edit Menu, select Cut. You can also use the keyboard shortcut, Command X (Mac) Control X for (Windows), or just hit the Delete key.

11. Deselect to get rid of the selection boundary: go to the Select Menu and choose Deselect or use the keyboard shortcut: Command D (Mac) Control D for (Windows).

You should end up with a photographic edge that looks something like this:

You can get different photographic edges by replacing Step 7 with any of the following filter effects (you can also tinker with these settings and other filter effects to create your own decorative edges):

FILTER MENU > PIXELATE > CRYSTALLIZE
In the dialog box that appears, set the following:
CELL SIZE=5

FILTER MENU > BRUSH STROKES > SPRAYED STROKES
STROKE LENGTH: 5
SPRAY RADIUS: 5
STROKE DIRECTION: RIGHT DIAGONAL

FILTER MENU > DISTORT > RIPPLE
AMOUNT: 100%
SIZE: LARGE

FILTER MENU > DISTORT > GLASS
DISTORTION: 3
SMOOTHNESS: 3
TEXTURE: FROSTED
SCALING: 100%

Do not check the INVERT box.

FILTER MENU > TEXTURE > CRAQUELURE
CRACK SPACING: 12
CRACK DEPTH: 6
CRACK BRIGHTNESS: 9

FILTER MENU > TEXTURE > GRAIN
INTENSITY: 61
CONTRAST: 45
GRAIN TYPE: ENLARGED

FILTER MENU > BRUSH STROKES > SPATTER
SPRAY RADIUS: 4
SMOOTHNESS: 5

INTENSITY: 50
GRAIN TYPE: STIPPLED

INTENSITY: 50
GRAIN TYPE: STIPPLED

and then:

FILTER MENU > BRUSH STROKES > CROSS HATCH

STROKE LENGTH: 9
SHARPNESS: 2
STRENGTH: 2

FILTER MENU > PIXELATE > COLOR HALFTONE
MAX. RADIUS: 6
CHANNEL 1: 108
CHANNEL 2: 162
CHANNEL 3: 90
CHANNEL 4: 45

FILTER MENU > BLUR > GAUSSIAN BLUR
RADIUS=5

and then:

FILTER MENU > SKETCH > WATER PAPER

FIBER LENGTH: 10
BRIGHTNESS: 60
CONTRAST: 80

this tips is not my own it's by mural.

kewlone
WOW Dhaya you are amazing wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif thats fantastic tutorial notworthy.gif
srimunnamunna
QUOTE (Aleena143 @ Mar 5 2012, 01:43 PM) *
Thanks munna bhai, but no response frm others!!!

And no tips frm others too..Waiting to see any new tips.

i invited all wpc members but no posts from them seems to me they are busy maha.

taghy - we want some tips from u girl.
dhaya - awesome tips bro, great work.
vino - i think dhaya tips will help u lil bit, if it not lets wait for topy & anu they are good in it.
vinothvardha
waiting for that munna brother.. wink.gif
Aleena143
thanks taghy dear,waiting for ur tip too dear.

and @ star santa,great tutorials.

@ vinoth bro,i'll teach whatever i know.but im in bad health condition,my spinal hurts if i sit more.

and i think anu bro will be more greater than me in ornamental designing.Lets wait for him.

vinothvardha
ok aleena take care of ur health... wub.gif

and where is anu brother... tongue.gif wink.gif
mohib-rameen
dhaya.................... thats pretty awesome tut wow.gif

aleena.......... most of them are tooooooooooo lazy like me tongue.gif
maybe they did not have time wink.gif

srimunnamunna
vino - i will ask raj & anu to post the tips.
maha - please take care of yourself dear.
Aleena143
Ornamental design:

Open a new file ,add a new layer - Brush -ur ornamental border or any design.

Now goto blending option,add drop shadow.

Add patterns which is maybe golden grunchy.

Then add color overlay and keep the blending option to overlay.

then add some inner shadow.if u like.

then bevel and emboss.

Here is ur final result.

Hope all like ths tutorials.

guys ths is what i'll do with my ornaments...whatever im teaching here is not any proper tutorials.everything i learnt myself.So if anything wrong dnt mind.
sksahoozzz
Ohh.. My !!! how this thread out of my ... tongue.gif
So this is the secreat of high standards in WPC Now the days clap.gif
well done Guys thumbsup.gif
I will come on with some animation tips smile.gif
srimunnamunna
maha - thank u so much for those tips dear, u r awesome.
sks - we are waiting for your animation tips bro.
san-sagar
clap.gif aleena so nice tips ... !

byebye.gif anyone here .. tongue.gif
kewlone
Fantastic Tutorial Aleena clapping.gif clapping.gif

@ all we are waiting for some nice animation tips happy.gif
Aleena143
why ths thread is so silent..no other tutorials?????
Aleena143
why ths thread is so silent..no other tutorials?????
mohib-rameen
Aleena:............

As you can see all the creative desighners are out of the arena and they have no time for the tutorials and also we want some more creative tips,
hopefully we will hear from them soooon if they got any time smile.gif
manjuraja
Love to see so many animation tips notworthy.gif
manjuraja
PEN TOOL

This tutorial is specially for the beginners and those who don't have that much experience in pen tool! I tried my best to make this as simple as possible! To begin, select your images and open them separately in two files! Then only it is easy to drag and drop your images into another image.

Now, select the image you want to cut using pen tool!
Click the layer and see whether the image is rasterized! If not rasterize it by clicking the option! If you feel hard, See the next colouring/highlighting tutorial to learn how to rasterize!

Click the pen tool and select the proper settings as shown!

Click on the "Paths" icon in the Options Bar to work with paths with the Pen Tool.

Zoom the image 5 to 7 times larger so that you will feel easy to place the points properly!
With the Pen Tool selected and the Paths icon selected in the Options Bar, click once anywhere inside your image.
Don't click and drag, just click. When you do, you'll add a small square point.

Place the points around your selection. If you want to cut perfectly just hold the mouse and bend the line and continue! This will need a lot of practice! At least for 10 to 20 times until you feel comfortable! Click all around and with final point join both the ends!

After completing, right click and select

And enter the level you need!
I usually give '0' and for some images give 5,10,20 so that you will get some cloudy feathers around your selection!

Then click and select move tool to drag and drop the image to the main image!

There is an other easy choice also! Just click the 'Path' in the right side menus and select "Load path as selection" icon.

Click on the "Load path as a selection" icon in the Paths palette, or press "Ctrl+Enter" (Win) / "Command+Delete" (Mac) to convert the path into a selection.

Now drag the file to your main image! It's time to re size !

Click the 'show transform controls ' to edit the size!

Click on the lines around the image and you will get a new menu in the tool bar!Reduce W(width) and H(height) equally! Don't alter other sizes!

After everything click the tick mark at the tool bar end!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.