Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Symbian Theme Contest 74 - Grammy Award
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > ThemeMaking Competition > Symbian Theme Contest
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
aliciawwp
The topic for the following 2 weeks would be Grammy Award ! Grammy Award is one of the biggest music ceremonies and Grammy Award 2012 will be held on Sunday, 12 February 2012. Who will be the winners for these Honorable awards and who is your favorite artist? Create a winning theme for your favorite artist and/or album. Check out the Grammy Award Nominees for your theme! Hope you guys enjoy this! cheers.gif

Topic: Grammy Award
Description: No restriction. Anything related to Grammy Award would be fine.

If you are new, please read & understand the updated Rules and Guidelines for this contest.

A final entries thread will be opened shortly where you place your finalized theme previews. Once posted in final entries, you cannot alter them at all. Deadline for final entries will be Monday, 13th February 2012, 0300 GMT.

In this thread you can post your work in progress to receive comments and suggestions from others and also give your comments on others work too.

If you have any other question, feel free to post them here and we will try to help. If you know themers (S60, Series 40, UIQ) who might be interested in joining us for some fun, please tell them & provide them with a link to this thread. Thank you for helping to keep STC alive.

CODE
http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?showforum=88

Confirmed Participants:
1. RandyMabius
2. san-sagar
3. soumyadeepbshn
4. noahdcruz
5. abhijeetsvr
6. Rohitcstrike
7. mkraj25
8. princeabid708
9. jolansky
10. Aleena143
11. mangotango7
12. kazjin
13. _Daniel_02
14. Nilaplayboy
15. protsenko2006
16. Challenge to the winner! Add me in! =)

Happy theming! byebye.gif
RandyMabius
Oh grammy, lv to hear it. I'll try sumtin' interesting
san-sagar
i realy dont know Grammy Award tongue.gif ... but i look further ,,,, put me in ..! clap.gif
danger1000volt
Hey alicia, what is the result of last stc 73, robotics...
aliciawwp
QUOTE (danger1000volt @ Feb 1 2012, 12:14 AM) *
Hey alicia, what is the result of last stc 73, robotics...

The winners are here. smile.gif
soumyadeepbshn
well , honestly I was expecting a valentine's day topic , but this one is also cool . byebye.gif
aliciawwp
QUOTE (soumyadeepbshn @ Feb 1 2012, 05:49 PM) *
well , honestly I was expecting a valentine's day topic , but this one is also cool . byebye.gif

I was thinking to do the valentine's day topic too. But since TMC also doing it, so i'll just skip this topic this year and try something different! laugh.gif
Is this mean you are in this contest too? smile.gif I've added you to the list. laugh.gif
noahdcruz
Wow .. This topic is my type..... Adele is my fav... Have already created Adele theme last month.... Lets see if i can find any new Adele wallpapers..... smile.gif

Thankyou Alicia... smile.gif
aliciawwp
QUOTE (noahdcruz @ Feb 2 2012, 03:48 PM) *
Wow .. This topic is my type..... Adele is my fav... Have already created Adele theme last month.... Lets see if i can find any new Adele wallpapers..... smile.gif

Thankyou Alicia... smile.gif

She is one of my favorites too! Love her voice. 10.gif I hope she will be the biggest winner in Grammy. smile.gif Can't wait to see your new work! thumbsup.gif
soumyadeepbshn
QUOTE (aliciawwp @ Feb 2 2012, 11:54 AM) *
I was thinking to do the valentine's day topic too. But since TMC also doing it, so i'll just skip this topic this year and try something different! laugh.gif
Is this mean you are in this contest too? smile.gif I've added you to the list. laugh.gif

Hmmm , I was also thinking the same but on the other hand TMC & STC both had "New year" topic this year . tongue.gif
thanks 4 adding my name , I'm gonna participate..... weightlift.gif

@ Nohad , glad 2 see u here bro . waiting 4 ur masterpiece . byebye.gif
aliciawwp
QUOTE (soumyadeepbshn @ Feb 2 2012, 05:58 PM) *
Hmmm , I was also thinking the same but on the other hand TMC & STC both had "New year" topic this year . tongue.gif
thanks 4 adding my name , I'm gonna participate..... weightlift.gif

Hmm.. I didn't realize about that.. Next time I will check TMC first so that you guys won't feel boring of doing same topic. laugh.gif
Anyway, good luck to you for your TMC, it's gonna be a tough competition! There are so many awesome themers participating! This is so great! clap.gif
RandyMabius
Hello soumy bro, hope u r 'ving a happy smile.gif theming, i've recently aimed on s^3 theme,

its so complicate, i don't know what should i do, even i don't know which format is better and each element's resolution. Help me out.
And i've a request to you
Can u plz provide me a project of any of ur existing theme. I'm sure and promise u that i wouldn't copy any of ur elements, i jst want to know the resolutions and design used.
Or
jst give me the sets of elements in a .rar achive, so that i can know very well.

Hoping in ur reply.
soumyadeepbshn
QUOTE (RandyMabius @ Feb 2 2012, 08:38 PM) *
Hello soumy bro, hope u r 'ving a happy smile.gif theming, i've recently aimed on s^3 theme,

its so complicate, i don't know what should i do, even i don't know which format is better and each element's resolution. Help me out.
And i've a request to you
Can u plz provide me a project of any of ur existing theme. I'm sure and promise u that i wouldn't copy any of ur elements, i jst want to know the resolutions and design used.
Or
jst give me the sets of elements in a .rar achive, so that i can know very well.

Hoping in ur reply.

I replied it on ur profile , hope all that will b helpful 2 u , happy theming thumbsup.gif byebye.gif
Rohitcstrike
Different & Interesting topic . gathering.gif clap.gif walkman.gif
I have seen the last 53rd grammy award.And interesting Nominees for 54th grammy award.I will try wub.gif
mkraj25
dear alicia count me innnnnnnn smile.gif
i am quite a metal fan. so i will make a theme on "Metallica", 6 times Grammy award winner band & my favourute smile.gif
princeabid708
hi alicia hello ..
add me in ... m a fan of bruno mars ill make a theme on it
byebye.gif

thank u...
jolansky
what a timing!!!i just made one fo Katy Perry!!!!!!hoping to have one again for this contest!!!thankssss for the invite Alicia!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aliciawwp
@mkraj25, Metal Rock! punk.gif
@princeabid708, welcome aboard! clap.gif
@jolansky, you are welcome! smile.gif
jolansky
alicia...thankss dear!

whew!!!i see some great c3 themers on board!!!!!yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
abhijeetsvr
Thanks Alicia for adding me in happy.gif
A very interesting topic indeed thumbsup.gif
RandyMabius
Somebody plz help me out.

When i create, and working on s^3, i save the templates on workspace folder throug carbide.ui. And when i browse through folder, i can't see my work,

and again, when the carbide is close and then open, i click on existing theme, there was no file, i tried serveral times but useless. Scob says something about key, bt i din't have the two file to create a key,
plz help me, my works are no more.
RandyMabius
Guys, i'll describe my steps

my pc is protected by kaspersky2012 antivirus, so i've to run carbide.ui 3.4 in safe mode.

Then i select the default workspace folder.. Then click on 'Create' and select 's^3' with default elements.

I modified all elements by svg and click
file>save all.
I save it as Randy.tdf, but my project didn't show in the folder,

then i close carbide and open it again, and select open an existing theme, i browse in workspace folder but the folder was empty.

Where are my works gone, didn't carbide don't save it. I'm sad of it

someone plz hurry to help
soumyadeepbshn
@ Jolly , so glad 2 know that u r participating this time . wub.gif wub.gif

@ Prince & Abhi welcome to STC dear friends . wub.gif wub.gif

@ Randy , try to open carbide in " administrative mode " . smile.gif byebye.gif
RandyMabius
QUOTE (soumyadeepbshn @ Feb 4 2012, 03:32 AM) *
@ Randy , try to open carbide in " administrative mode " . smile.gif byebye.gif

mine is window7 and it is in administrative, ie, user mode.
soumyadeepbshn
@ Randy , right click on the carbide icon on ur desktop & then click "run as administrator " .
princeabid708
now where shud i post the preview and theme //?????
soumyadeepbshn
@ Prince , post your full preview here & upload ur theme in m9 gallery thumbsup.gif
princeabid708
thanks thumbsup.gif
mkraj25
Welcome prince abid smile.gif . Princeabid is a good Themer & one of the quickest Learner ever i see. he is a true m9er. he needs to modify & correct some of his skills. so i & dear alicia invited him. so guys feel free to say whats wrong & what to be needed to improve his work as well as mine. welcome abroad abid. Hope you always with us in STC. & do not loose hope whatever it is. we got to see themers badges from you, so you have to work hard smile.gif

& welcome Abhi too smile.gif
mkraj25
@ Abid: 1. 1st make an account in imageshack.com
2. make a theme preview covering 75 % of your Phone
3. save your preview in .png format. while saving an image use " save for web & devices". then png 24 format, do not click in “interlaced option”
4. in imageshack login & use “media Upload”. Then select your preview. Leave add tags blank. “image resize: Do not Resize” & “ Level thumb Option: No”
Then upload.
5. when uploading finished many link will appear. Copy the direct link option There.
6. upload your theme. In description area put the STC/TMC codes given for gallery purpose.
7. Come to Community. Then in add reply option There is a “image Link Option”. Paste the link saved in the step 5. & in Link option give the link of your theme.
8. Then reply to forum. You can check the post you want to preview in “Preview Post” option lying beside the “add reply” option. This particularly Helpful while posting on “Final Entry Thread”.
Thanks to dear Admin “Arthurwill” for Helping & sorting me this at The beginning of my 1st STC.
mkraj25
METALLICA

GAllery Link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
soumyadeepbshn
@ Raj , really useful information for new participants , many wonderful talents hides for the confusion of participating in contests .
the introduction 4 Prince is also goes same for Abhi , I really appreciate his work , he is a fantastic s60v5 themer . looking forward 2 see their works in STC . thumbsup.gif

@ Alicia , I really wanna say this that u r doing a terrific job as a STC manager , keep it up . We really love 2 have u for a long time in STC .

EDIT :
Raj , extra ordinary work bro , simply amazing theme , really love the touch of gold . 10.gif 10.gif 10.gif wow.gif wow.gif

RandyMabius
Thanks soumy bro, my carbide starts working well, bt lately i discover that i've to create more than 2500 elements, thats make me more dull.
san-sagar
QUOTE (RandyMabius @ Feb 4 2012, 02:47 PM) *
Guys, i'll describe my steps

my pc is protected by kaspersky2012 antivirus, so i've to run carbide.ui 3.4 in safe mode.

Then i select the default workspace folder.. Then click on 'Create' and select 's^3' with default elements.

I modified all elements by svg and click
file>save all.
I save it as Randy.tdf, but my project didn't show in the folder,

then i close carbide and open it again, and select open an existing theme, i browse in workspace folder but the folder was empty.

Where are my works gone, didn't carbide don't save it. I'm sad of it

someone plz hurry to help

i have also kaspersky2012 antivirus .... tongue.gif

if you already save your work .... then open carbide .... !
!
carbide automatecally .... open your theme ... which you working before ......!

no need to open an existing theme .....!

It is impossible ..... carbide always show all elements in workspace folder .... ! just click on workspace option after opening carbide ... thumbsup.gif
soumyadeepbshn
QUOTE (RandyMabius @ Feb 4 2012, 08:08 PM) *
Thanks soumy bro, my carbide starts working well, bt lately i discover that i've to create more than 2500 elements, thats make me more dull.

Glad 2 know that the problem has been solved , u don't need 2 rush 2 create all the elements , u can also use others shared elements by acknowledging them . But try to use only clocks & icons by others & try 2 create other elements by urself . One more thing I want 2 suggest u, as u r new , in s60v5 or s^3 theming never use .png elements ( I'm not talking about the wally , though u can also create & use svg wally but itz quite tough to make 100% svg theme in beginning) . May b we can design .png elements but believe me it looks horrible when we install it in s60v5 or s^3 devices . thumbsup.gif
abhijeetsvr
Thankyou very much Soumya & Mkraj for ur warm welcome
I am almost done with the theme
Btw, should I post my theme preview through fast reply option?
Galina53
@mkraj25, very nice theme!!!Very much it is pleasant to me. clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
soumyadeepbshn
@ Abhi u can use fast reply or add reply any option u want , upload ur preview on any image hosting site & paste the image code here . thumbsup.gif

@ Galina , glad 2 see u back again dear Galina . wub.gif
jolansky
thankss soumy dear!!!!!! wub.gif

mk!!!!!fast but fantastic!!!!!superb,,,esp the keys!!!!!!!!!!! clapping.gif wow.gif wow.gif
RandyMabius
One more thing soumy, (plz don't think i'm over asking)
what format should i use for ringtone.?
soumyadeepbshn
QUOTE (RandyMabius @ Feb 5 2012, 07:49 AM) *
One more thing soumy, (plz don't think i'm over asking)
what format should i use for ringtone.?

I told u that never hesitate to ask anything , though ringtone isn't an important part of theming but u can use wav , mp3 or amr format . thumbsup.gif
Aleena143
awesome entries so far,

i think i'll too participate,add me dear alicia.

and love ths different topic. but im really far away frm music.

and as soumya bro said alicia u really doing great dear..we wish u to be here always.
san-sagar
QUOTE (abhijeetsvr @ Feb 5 2012, 01:22 AM) *
Thankyou very much Soumya & Mkraj for ur warm welcome
I am almost done with the theme
Btw, should I post my theme preview through fast reply option?

you can post preview through fast reply option ..just add your image(preview) url in this tab. smile.gif

@raj --- awesome work bro ..icons and other work is perfect ..bhai clap.gif
princeabid708
how to post preview here?????
princeabid708
san-sagar
QUOTE (princeabid708 @ Feb 5 2012, 04:43 PM) *

as i already told in upper rply about ..prewiew ....!

plz post more prewiew ...!

nt nice theme .... clap.gif ..looking fantastic.... clap.gif
princeabid708
thanks ...

more preview means ???
soumyadeepbshn
@ Prince , more preview means u need to capture more screenshots of ur theme on ur device , at least around 12 -15 . u can see Raj's theme full preview . thumbsup.gif
btw , awesome theme , I love it . wow.gif 10.gif
abhijeetsvr
My try byebye.gif happy.gif

For download click Here>>
abhijeetsvr
Thank you to all m9ers wub.gif
Soumyadeep, san-sagar, mkraj25 for all the help.... rolleyes.gif
Also Thanks to Alicia for inviting me on stc wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.