Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Changing Fonts On S60 Phones
mobile9 Forum > Site Related > Frequently Asked Questions > Nokia FAQs
Pages: 1, 2
marul
Yes you read the subject correctly! And its very easy too! Before I start with the tutorial, take a look at the pics below, those are the ones I tried on my phone (6600 firmware v5).

user posted image
Modern Font

user posted image
Tahoma

Also prior to installing this fonts, I suggest you install FExplorer on your phone. Ok so here goes...

Step 1. Download the fonts HERE.

Step 2. In the Zip file you will see
+ FontRemover.sis
+ tahoma.sis
+ modern.sis
+ set3v3.sis
+ mssans.sis
+ symbol.gdr
+ comic.gdr

Step 3. Then send the FontRemover.sis to your phone and install it. Once installed, launch the application and it should ask you if you want to delete font. Click on Yes and it should tell you to reboot your phone. Do NOT reboot first.

Step 4. Now send one of the font sis files, lets say modern.sis to your phone and install it to your C drive (your phone, NOT mmc). Once installed then reboot your phone.

Step 5. When it starts, you should see the default fonts replaced by the ones you have just installed.

Now I cant stress this more but you need to understand that you can only use ONE FONT at one time. If you want to use another font, you will have to go back to step 3 & 4.

As for the .gdr files, you will need to do it this way.

Step 1. Use FontRemover to remove the fonts.

Step 2. Open FExplorer and goto C:\system and create a "fonts" folder as shown below.

user posted image

Step 3. Send the .gdr file to your phone. Do not open it as it will say unknown file format.

Step 4. Find the file in your mail folders (C or E:\system\mail\00001001_S\0-9, a-f) using FExplorer.

Step 5. Copy or Cut the file and then paste it to the C:\system\fonts folder.

Step 6. Exit FExplorer and then reboot you phone.

So its that simple. In my testing, I found that some fonts like tahoma & mssans does not make much different (well atleast to me) as the modern font did. Good luck!

Update: 23/12/04.
Dont worry about losing your default font. Your original font is stored in your Z:\system\font folder, so if you decide to remove the font you have installed with font remover or by deleting d C:\system\fonts folder, its totally safe.

Update:17/01/05
Now you can create your own fonts using the fonts on your PC with this Easy GDR Convertor. Just make sure you change the .zip extension to .exe before you click on it. Sorry the program is written in Thai, so theres no tutorial for it yet.

Tutorial with permission from slurpy69 of Z e d g e.no
wintot
two thumbs up for that info marul thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
Hi there,

marul thanx for the font stuff.. but that theme interests me much... where can I download it:)))

Regards...
mr g
i think that theme is in the gallery avatar,its called windows media centre.i downloaded it from wapain.net on my phone browser.
how can I get to gallety mr q...

Sorry I dont know:)

Regards...
mr g
on the main screen of mobile9,when you click on forum,just above that it says gallery,click on that and all will be reveiled.
ok you mean that galery on mainpage... I thouhgt a galery in forum...

Thanx...

Regards...
essamshark
QUOTE(AvataR @ Dec 22 2004, 02:09 PM)
Hi there,

marul thanx for the font stuff.. but that theme interests me much... where can I download it:)))

Regards...
[right][snapback]88555[/snapback][/right]

mr g with all respect it is not the theme in the gallery,
called windows media centre !! 1.gif
So if any 1 know what this theme call?
Yep it is not there but there are some similar ones...

search for "windows" on theme page essamshark!!
essamshark
Thanks Avatar i found it and 4 u mr g i didnt sersh well last time it was there and i was blind i`m realy sorry man.
by the way the theme called windowsmediacen59.sis
lilrascal
i suppose i shld download Fexplorer version 1.11?
yep that's good stuff...!!
elton
@Marul,

I dont suppose the font colour can be changed somehow with a variation of this method can it?

laugh.gif
PeRsOn
"marul "

thank you
الشاهين
thank you
الشاهين
thank you
sidqute
QUOTE(الشا @ Jan 1 2005, 03:05 AM)
thank you
[right][snapback]90405[/snapback][/right]

but there should always be a way to swich to original fonts whats that
marul
QUOTE(elton @ Dec 30 2004, 02:21 AM)
@Marul,

I dont suppose the font colour can be changed somehow with a variation of this method can it?

laugh.gif
[right][snapback]89972[/snapback][/right]

Now wouldnt that be nice huh? But sadly we cant. surrender.gif

GladiatorXP
Top info mate.

Off to try it later.....
yam
hey guys,
do you think i can too use it on my nokia n-gage?

thx

yum
elton
do you think i can too use it on my nokia n-gage?

I would say 'Yes' smile.gif
marul
UPDATE: 24/01/05[/color]

Works on
Model & Firmware
6600 - v3.42.1, v4.09.1, v5.27.0
6630 - v2.39
7610 - v4.0437.4
N-gage v4.03 Nem-4

Doesnt work on or little effect only
Model & Firmware
7610 - v4.0424.4

So far thats the info I have. If you have tested on a model & firmware that is not listed above, please kindly post it here too. cool.gif
marul
Fonts style - Boldy.
marul
Font style - Stone.
marul
Font style - Alphabeta.
marul
Font style - Aragorn.
marul
Font style - Artistik.
marul
Font syle - schwarzwald.
Degreez
thnx for this interesting progrem
komatoznik
THE PROGRAMM IS VERY GOOD !!!!! I USE IT ON MY NOKIA 6630 it's work corect But surrender.gif surrender.gif surrender.gif
CAN ANY BODY DO .gdr file with cirilic FONT with russian leters please HELP ME :-) send it on *******@*****.****
nokia 6630 64mb v2.39.129 rm-1

Email snipped - Rules please
lim47
could it work on nokia3660 ? frimware i think is 4.something .any1 tried out ? maybe i should try this week and let ya all know

thank you for the programes is it english rite?

i heard thats in russian
elton
Should work ok,but do a backup first just in case. thumbsup.gif
Mellie75
thank you marul!!!! clap.gif

run at Nokia 6680
GladiatorXP
Thank you Marul, most interesting.
Miker
Hello guys i'm hain' a problem i took my phone today to a GSM service for a firmware update and my current version is 4.0445.0ch and the deafault language is chinesse or somethin' like that . . . and i have in english some small fonts . . . and i cannot change them is there anyother way to do it ?
Miker
Hello guys i'm hain' a problem i took my phone today to a GSM service for a firmware update and my current version is 4.0445.0ch and the deafault language is chinesse or somethin' like that . . . and i have in english some small fonts . . . and i cannot change them is there anyother way to do it ?
surge238
QUOTE(marul @ Jan 31 2005, 04:25 AM)
Font style - Stone.
[right][snapback]99333[/snapback][/right]

Wow Marul!
Please could you let me know where I can get this theme?

I would very much like to use it on my phone with the stone font that you posted.

The theme is in this picture
http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?...pe=post&id=8709

Do you have a link? Or would you be about to attach the .sis file to this forum thread?

Many thanks!
Surge.
elton
That theme is a mango theme,so its abvailable here www.mangothemes.com not free but very good. thumbsup.gif
babypink_jhoan
hi,,, can i also do this for my n0kia3230.?!
elton
Yes
babypink_jhoan
^thanks...
david beckham
thank u
Edthegooseman
Absolutely superb. Just put the modern set on my 6600 and they look great..

user posted image

user posted image

Cheers bud.. thumbsup.gif
elton
They are lovely icons. wow.gif

Shame about the terrible font you are using. tongue.gif
Bbt liked that font too,and i was on at him for ages. haha.gif
Edthegooseman
i heard that the modern ones where the best and the other two didn't make much diffrerence, i havent tried any of the others yet though but i will be doing so..Its just a shame you can't make the theme with different fonts instead of changing them on the phone, it would be awesome..
mobiletrax
Nice program. I'll try it later. I am just wondering how do you change the color of the font?
elton
You can only change the font color when creating the theme with theme studio. smile.gif
mobiletrax
thanks.
luckyboi
ive got a question.

how can i convert .GRDs to decompile to TFF

coz i want to keep DEFAULT font for the CREATE MESSAGE things.

is there any .GRD to .TFF converters?
marul
UPDATE: Link to Easy GDR Creator fixed. clap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.