Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nokia Lumia Phones On Windows Phone Os
mobile9 Forum > Mobile Phone > News, Releases & Rumours
RaZorC

Summary: The first Nokia Windows Phone will be available on January 11th for $50. The Lumia 710 is not as attractive as the Lumia 800, but it is still a solid smartphone for the new buyer.

It turns out that the rumor of T-Mobile announcing the Nokia Lumia 710 was spot on and today they made it offical. The Nokia Lumia 710 Windows Phone device will launch at T-Mobile stores and online starting on 11 January in the white and black models for $49.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate and two year contract.

The Nokia Lumia 710 is not as gorgeous as the Nokia Lumia 800, but it is still a very good device and is priced at the right level to appeal to a lot of new smartphone customers. I debated Larry this week on Windows Phone’s success and getting new devices from Nokia coming in at $50 is one way to reach the lower end market. I am sure we will see higher end devices from Nokia in 2012, but this is a decent start.

The Lumia 710 has the following specifications:

Qualcomm 1.4 GHz processor
3.7 inch ClearBlack WVGA (480×800 pixels) display
5 megapixel camera with 720p video capture capability
512MB RAM
8GB of internal storage
HSPA+ 14.4 Mbps download
802.11 b/g/n WiFi
Bluetooth 2.1
FM radio with RDS
A-GPS receiver
Removable 1,300 mAh battery

The unique Nokia features, such as Nokia Drive’s voice-guided offline GPS navigation and ESPN Hub are supported on the Lumia 710. This is the first official Nokia Windows Phone in the U.S. and while all of us phone enthusiasts want to see the Lumia 800 or something even better this strategy is one way for Nokia and Microsoft to reach more people. T-Mobile is the value provider and thus owning a Nokia Windows Phone can be an affordable option. The black one is attractive and I am likely going to pick one up for myself and my wife may even want to use this to replace her Nokia N8.

Kick off your day with ZDNet's daily e-mail newsletter. It's the freshest tech news and opinion, served hot. Get it.
More from “Smartphones and Cell Phones”
Top posts, devices, software and smartphone awards for 2011
Ten reasons to pick the iPhone 4S over the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon
Topics
Phone, Nokia Corp., T-Mobile, Nokia Lumia 710, Lumia 710, Telecom & Utilities, Matthew Miller

http://www.nokiawp.net

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
chinajerseys
The next undertaking, into working with a outstanding ideal the nfl power team, is always to properly play approaching deadlines and then make tradespeople when required. While the ending of year ways, NFL nhl jerseys low cost, the nfl, men and women must carry out hard final choice and even deal in the various depth gamers for the purpose of famous actors who will be able to take individuals towards the article month or year.nfl jerseys wholesale
AJISHOOMMEN
Superb sharing.......... clap.gif clap.gif
thunderrr0
1.gif nokia lumia wp7 phone sucks...
Samsung wp7 phones are better...
AFRODITTA
nice
paran0ia
Thanks for the info
Drcool2002
clap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.