Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mobile Phones Memory Cards
mobile9 Forum > Mobile Phone > Accessories
nimicitor
can anyone give me a list of mobile phones that have cards so you can store more data on?
the type of card doesnt really matter.

thanks
1axe
I know my nec 616v can take them, and my mates Ngage thing takes them too.
chunkyvic
Sony Ericsson Z1010 and K500i do too.

Shame the K700 dosen't

Vic
Arkman
QUOTE(chunkyvic @ Dec 31 2004, 01:34 AM)

Shame the K700 dosen't

Vic
[right][snapback]90265[/snapback][/right]
The k500i doesn't take memory cards.

s700i, p910i, 6230, 6670, 7610, 6260, 6630, "Nec 616 (lol)", a1000, e398.

From the top that's what i can think of.

chunkyvic
I'm sorry Arkman, you're correct the K500i does not have memory card slot.

wallbash.gif

Vic
JediHobbes
If you use a phone spec site like gsmarena.com, they will list the card type in the phone specs. Bear in mind that the type of card DOES matter, as well as where it is placed. For example, the N-Gage sucks because you have to remove the battery to change cards. The OLD Siemens SL45 rocked, you could remove the card whilst the phone was playing MP3s and it would just stop the MP3 player. I love my old SL45:) But I digress...about the card type, it will affect the maximum storage capacity and the cost. Essentially there are only 3 types that are really used: SD, MMC and MemoryStick Duo Pro. SD is slightly more expensive then MMC, and not as commonly used. Both of them have current cards available up to 1Gb, with prototype 2Gb MMC's in testing. I haven't received anything above a 1Gb SD to test:( Sony's MemoryStick Duo Pro is a proprietary format that Sony developed. They're very sticky with it, and so it's an expensive format. To give you an idea, a 1Gb MMC costs the same as a 512Mb MemoryStick Duo, and Duo Pro is even more expensive. These are NOT cheap cards...
uzair97
man u should used a k700 it is a best phone i think coz u need a memory card in it other wise 6230 is also a good phone
Fizztastic
WAT ABOUT FOR NEC E313 CUZ DAT AINT FAIR WITH NEC 616 ONLY HAVING A CERTAIN MEMORY CARD AND I THOUGHT THAT NEC 616 AND E313 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE EXACT SAME XCEPT THAT 616 HAS BLUETOOTH HEADSET COMPATABILITY
AZNTieN
Most new Nokias have Memory Cards SE Z1010 does SE K700i or K700c doesn't

K700c is another name for K700i in China
AZNTieN
Fizztastic E313 has memory card
JediHobbes
QUOTE(AZNTieN @ Feb 28 2005, 03:00 AM)
Fizztastic E313 has memory card
[right][snapback]107385[/snapback][/right]

Fizztastic? Is that like Tastic rice??

:-P
imranahmed5

My Nokia 7610 takes the new Reduced Sized MMC (RS MMC) cards. I got given a 64MB card bundled with my phone but upgraded to a 512 (in actual fact 490 once installed :mad: ) MB card for £35.00 from Amazon.com.

So far I’ve stored 40 MP3 songs, including some big Hindi movie song files on there and loads of themes (20), screensavers, images, photos, applications and games (Soccer Manager is well wicked) and I’ve still got 358MB free, plus 5MB on my phone memory.

I would have gotten a 1GB RS MMC but it cost £120 from Mobymemory!

AZNTieN
like with my phone it uses Sony Memory Stick Duo
The Sony Memory Stick is like $30 for 128mb in australia while the duo one which is like at least half the size small is like $102 for 128mb but I found one that was made by scan disc i think and its only $89 with the extention thing the one that makes it work in Sony memory stick which is way cheaper than the sony
dLazaros
Sony Ericsson Memory stick duo pro 512 MB for my V800 costs 70 euros in Greece!!!
You guys are getting robbed.gif
chukkabharath
helllo guys. i would like to buy micro SD multimedia memory card for my nokia 6131 phone. can any body tell me which company card is best. how about the price of 1GB micro SD MMC avaiable in india.thanks in advance.
Deathzone_xen
Man, forget all about what every body said, get your self a Sony Ericsson W810i phone and you wont regret it...

It takes up to 8GB Memory stick pro duo...
I have w810i and the 8GB memory stick and i'm loving the huge space, and the phone wont get slow like some body would think... I even asked the SE company about the compatibility for the w810i and they said that it will take any kind of memory stick they will make, so you will have a shot of having a 10 or 20 GB memory stick inside your phone..... Now that's a really kick *ss phone you will have.......
djfreecko
heey howzz d performance of 2 GB micro in N5300???

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
hajka23
Hey guys I have this piece of sh.... samsung d900 and just bought micro sd memory card 1gb and it won't work,and they say it's compatible with this cellphone.When I insert the card it says memory card inserted... but when I try to open anything it says "not allowed".Help anyone???
rubg

nokia 6131 up to 2GB in microSD
mohsanfunny
QUOTE(nimicitor @ Dec 14 2004, 02:39 PM)
can anyone give me a list of mobile phones that have cards so you can store more data on?
the type of card doesnt really matter.

thanks
[right][snapback]87147[/snapback][/right]

Many Nokia Mobile Have memory card which store the data e.g. Nokia,6670,7610,6300,5300,N73,6600etc
TO find more mobiles whic have memory card visit
www.nokia.com
mohsanfunny
QUOTE(hajka23 @ Oct 24 2007, 03:07 AM)
Hey guys I have this piece of sh.... samsung d900 and just bought micro sd memory card 1gb and it won't work,and they say it's compatible with this cellphone.When I insert the card it says memory card inserted... but when I try to open anything it says "not allowed".Help anyone???
[right][snapback]427037[/snapback][/right]

So You can change ur memory card.It solve the problem.
Bitontz
QUOTE(hajka23 @ Oct 24 2007, 03:07 AM)
[right][snapback]427037[/snapback][/right]

Hey, I was curious about what you said and I checked some sites to see the compatibilities of the phone. None of them had wrote "up to ?" the card.
If it's the type of card specified in the phone's instrusctions... it should work. I saw there it has 60 or 80mb it memory. Maybe it does not suport 1gb. Try one of 512mb.
My advice.
hajka23
I tried changing the card,i even put 512 MB and it doesn't work,there is something wrong with the cellphone,but thanks for your help!
typeR_MMKK11
My mem card of 512 mb saves nothing when i put it in card reader, it says that mem card is write protected,i cant format it on my pc also.Plz solve my problem
vegeta_sa
QUOTE(typeR_MMKK11 @ Jun 17 2008, 02:20 PM)
My mem card of 512 mb saves nothing when i put it in card reader, it says that mem card is write protected,i cant format it on my pc also.Plz solve my problem
[right][snapback]501288[/snapback][/right]

if it is and Sd card?
check when you put it in the memory car reader its not clipping the lock switch, if thats not the problem, the card may be stuffed
typeR_MMKK11
QUOTE(vegeta_sa @ Jun 17 2008, 05:48 PM)
QUOTE(typeR_MMKK11 @ Jun 17 2008, 02:20 PM)
[right][snapback]501288[/snapback][/right]

if it is and Sd card?
check when you put it in the memory car reader its not clipping the lock switch, if thats not the problem, the card may be stuffed
[right][snapback]501291[/snapback][/right]

card is RS-MMC of nokia 7610 and working in fone also
OwnK850i
In my K850i i can insert M2 or MS Micro. 10.gif
Deathzone_xen
QUOTE(OwnK850i @ Jul 13 2008, 07:48 AM)
In my K850i i can insert M2 or MS Micro. 10.gif
[right][snapback]506747[/snapback][/right]

You can Use just the M2 Micro.. MicroSD is usually used by nokia Mobiles, and a coming soon Xpera phone from SonyEricsson.
but K850 uses only Micro M2 cards.
jacktech
samsung sgh i-450 takes up to 4 gb micro sd cards
Valerie08
I have Nokia Ngage and it has memory card slot.

Here are other phones I know that have memory card slots too:

Samsung i770 Saga
Samsung L170
Samsung F270 Beat
Nokia N96
Nokia N95
Nokia N82
Motorola RAZR
Sony Ericsson Z1010
Sony ericsson w580i

migoy_ghost
MEM CARD. MY FIRST MEM CARD WAS LIKE 2 GIG MICRO SD.
Gault
i've got a card. Micro SD 16 gb but i have no phone to use it in.
natarajangoutam
In my Nokia 3500 classic i can have upto 2 GB micro SD memory card. byebye.gif
tauqeerzahir
6300-upto 2gb microSd but plannning to buy better one with more suuport like n82
mohib-rameen
wink.gif
harikzena88
"In the coming years," adds Pandey, "a greater number of mobile phone accessories (including memory cards) will be supplied inbox as handset vendors recognize that to boost sales of high-end, feature-rich mobile phones and smartphones, they need to offer accessories that allow users to benefit fully from the multimedia features in those handsets." ABI Research expects the market for mobile phone accessories to grow steadily in the next five years, generating over $80 billion in revenue in 2012. The continuing innovation and further advancements in technology - coupled with the increasing desire of customers to personalize their handsets - bode well for the future of the market.
i phone 32 gb own.
Yoyocell
My nokia n81 support with 4 gb..
And my n95 support with 8gb
vaude
I have 2GB on my W610i.
Yoyocell
vaude@ you phone run or not if you use 4GB??
justbe3112
Nokia N86

U have:
- 8gb phone memory
- 8gb card memory
-----------------------------

16gb of space for serious amount of data! clap.gif
Gatosuso
OMG! You can even store a TV series in it clapping.gif laugh.gif
justbe3112
u can movies too...wink.gif
Babban20
I am currently using 8GB on my 5320xm, working great.
I am planning to buy 16GB and use it.
_Abi_
i got 8bg memory..........

NO mmc. needed..............laugh.gif
_Abi_
QUOTE (chunkyvic @ Dec 30 2004, 06:34 PM) *

Shame the K700 dosen't

Vic

yea you right....... gathering.gif
novchanthol
I suggest you use 1000G run good for phone
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.