Full Version: Challenge 32 - Themes
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > Design Challenge
Pages: 1, 2, 3
CrazEric
Welcome to DC 32

Themes

Topic: Tarot Card Themes

Description:

Make a theme for any mobile phone of your choice using one of the 22 Major cards from a "standard" tarot deck.
The 22 major cards are known by different names but here is a list of the more commenly used names:
The Magician, The High Priestess, The Empress, The Emperor, The Hierophant (aka The Pope/ High Priest),
The Lovers, The Chariot, Strength, The Hermit, Wheel of Fortune,
Justice, The Hanged Man, Death, Temperance, The Devil, The Tower,
The Star, The Moon, The Sun, Judgement, The World, and The Fool.
You can also use one of the 56 minor cards but it might be more difficult to find good wallpapers for them. Here is a list of them: Link

Try to use an actual tarot card as your wallpaper - they often have the name of the card on them, but you can crop out the name and use only the image.
Most tarot decks these days are made in a fantasy style but there are lots of other types available:
anime cards, rock-n-roll cards, dragon cards, gothic cards, animal cards even Simpsons cards ...
so have a good look around the web before you decide on a wallpaper.

This topic will be open for 2 weeks until Sunday 13 November at 18:00 GMT.

All Mobile9 members are welcome to join the DC and earn this badge

simply by completing 20 challenges. No winning required!

Confirmed Participants
- your_mother
- magicas1
- anulubi
- Aleena143
- tinca2
- liapireas
- ek4design
- sp0rtskiller03
- soumyadeepbshn
- mohamedali05
- gemini7010
- imsagi
- nazarenko
- taghytotty
- malytopol
- I have seen the future and my name will appear here! wow.gif
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
CrazEric
And here's the ad for this week:

CODE
[url=http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?s=0&showtopic=79416][img]http://i43.tinypic.com/fk07ch.jpg[/img][/url]

your_mother
Awesome!! Tarot Cards have such wonderful designs!! I'm in for sure! thumbsup.gif
magicas1
I am in great topic
CrazEric
QUOTE (your_mother @ Oct 30 2011, 08:16 PM) *
Awesome!! Tarot Cards have such wonderful designs!! I'm in for sure! thumbsup.gif

Great then you can ad all the participants this week since I'm going to be busy for these 2 weeks before exams start tongue.gif
your_mother
QUOTE (CrazEric @ Oct 30 2011, 07:21 PM) *
QUOTE (your_mother @ Oct 30 2011, 08:16 PM) *

Great then you can ad all the participants this week since I'm going to be busy for these 2 weeks before exams start tongue.gif

Well, it starts to be winter here, so I really don't mind hanging around at home and checking DC... happy.gif
anulubi
theme comp again! put me in.. wow.gif
Aleena143
great add me too eric,but i dnt know anything about cards..well i ve to read more about it now.haha.
tinca2
Im also in clap.gif clap.gif
liapireas
AMAZING topic mom and Eric !!! (I'm so jealous , I never thought of it us an TMC topic !)
And since it's a 2 weeks topic I'm IN !
CrazEric
All names added - great to have you in for this challenge clap.gif

QUOTE (your_mother @ Oct 30 2011, 08:25 PM) *
Well, it starts to be winter here, so I really don't mind hanging around at home and checking DC... happy.gif

Ohhh I'm so glad to hear that - thanks thumbs_up.gif

QUOTE (Aleena143 @ Oct 30 2011, 09:50 PM) *
great add me too eric,but i dnt know anything about cards..well i ve to read more about it now.haha.

I dont think anybody knows much about them laugh.gif

QUOTE (liapireas @ Oct 30 2011, 11:29 PM) *
AMAZING topic mom and Eric !!! (I'm so jealous , I never thought of it us an TMC topic !)
And since it's a 2 weeks topic I'm IN !

you cant think of everything ... otherwise what will we do?!! tongue.gif
ek4design
unsure.gif To be honest im not good in mobile theming cuz of shortage of resources..!! i will surf alooooot of tutorial sites for this one tongue.gif
Bottom line... count me too Eric and i will do my best thumbsup.gif i will ask Lia (TMC manager) for HELP tongue.gif
sp0rtskiller03
and then i realize i should join DC. hehehehe.
liapireas
QUOTE (ek4design @ Oct 31 2011, 11:46 AM) *
i will ask Lia (TMC manager) for HELP tongue.gif

Why should I help you my poor child ?????? whistle.gif I'm kidding, you are free to ask me anything !!!! happy.gif tongue.gif
soumyadeepbshn
Ahhhhh theming , Love it . clap.gif clap.gif

@Eric , Kindly add me in byebye.gif

My start :

mohamedali05
Nice topic clapping.gif wow.gif plz add me too and sorry for missing last DC,had a lot of work sad.gif
CrazEric
QUOTE (soumyadeepbshn @ Oct 31 2011, 09:39 PM) *
Ahhhhh theming , Love it . clap.gif clap.gif

@Eric , Kindly add me in byebye.gif

My start :

Added thumbsup.gif
and I see you went with The Devil tarot card! laugh.gif
sorry - been having some "woman troubles" lately tongue.gif
but seriously - great start 10.gif

QUOTE (mohamedali05 @ Oct 31 2011, 09:55 PM) *
Nice topic clapping.gif wow.gif plz add me too and sorry for missing last DC,had a lot of work sad.gif

Great -added thumbsup.gif
your_mother
I will be working with this image:

magicas1
@ soumya great start

@ mother wow cool rabbit

this is what I am working with

CrazEric
Just a some quick comments ... I want to count votes before I have to go out again

QUOTE (your_mother @ Nov 1 2011, 02:53 PM) *
I will be working with this image:

Nice choice - I thought you'd go with a Celtic tarot set but this has a good feel thumbsup.gif
ps. I also really like the Fool card in this design

QUOTE (magicas1 @ Nov 1 2011, 06:27 PM) *
@ soumya great start

@ mother wow cool rabbit

this is what I am working with

Very nice M - the subtle animation looks wonderful clap.gif

I thought I'd share my favorite set of Tarot cards with you all ... they are called the Deviant Moon Tarot
here's an example of 4 cards: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wm7d2S8L2-c/TL3F...iantMoon024.jpg
because tarot cards are so long and narrow this set wont work well for most themes - I'm just sharing because I love them wink.gif
anuragsins1991
so eric can i use it on my theme
CrazEric
QUOTE (anuragsins1991 @ Nov 1 2011, 07:05 PM) *
so eric can i use it on my theme

yes of course ... if I can add your name to the list of participants tongue.gif
ek4design
Theming is not a joke as i though sad.gif i started working on my theme around 9 AM and i think i just finished and its already 3:25 AM next day...
Well i have chosen the Death Card (No. 13) dont ask why tongue.gif and the original image was this:

and after a long surf for theme's resources i came up with this theme & i call it "Tarot Death Card 13" here are some ScreenSnaps directly from my mobile:

I hope everyone like it and ofcourse i will wait for ur feedbacks on it wink.gif

P.S.: sorry i have not time now for scaling them to smaller previews cuz i have to sleep and wake up for work withen 4hrs only tongue.gif
sksahoozzz
@Eric Can I UseTHIS Image
CrazEric
QUOTE (ek4design @ Nov 2 2011, 02:28 AM) *
P.S.: sorry i have not time now for scaling them to smaller previews cuz i have to sleep and wake up for work withen 4hrs only tongue.gif

I know that feeling laugh.gif I don't know much about theming but it looks good to me thumbsup.gif
I wonder if you can change the icons to something darker or less colorful?

QUOTE (sksahoozzz @ Nov 2 2011, 03:03 AM) *
@Eric Can I UseTHIS Image

Yes that would look good thumbsup.gif
Aleena143
awesome starts by all...

can anybody tell me where should i found ths kinda big cards..bcos all i get is very small...i searched a lot.pls if an can.
Aleena143
awesome starts by all...

can anybody tell me where should i found ths kinda big cards..bcos all i get is very small...i searched a lot.pls if an can.
Aleena143
[b]oh sorry for triple post,slow connection./b]
magicas1
@ aleena deviantart is good with big ones

@ek4design good wait for soumya to give advice

@eric thanks
soumyadeepbshn
@Mom , great card chosen . clap.gif

@ Magi , fantastic start , waiting for the rest . wow.gif

@ Sk , Superb choice of card . clapping.gif

@Emad , yes u r right bro theming is really not a joke , Sometimes I have 2 install my themes near about 15-16 times just for checking the elements & it takes 4-5 days ( even more ) to complete a theme . U really did a great job . 10.gif if u want to change the icons darker or less colorful like Eric said use Adobe illustrator ( May b u know that) . A little suggestion from me if u don't mind ,

1. make the active background a little darker

2. If u want TPI uid let me know , as I can see some icons aren't changed ( maps , location )

3. I guess we would really like to see the default album instead of a movie album . tongue.gif

4. Try to use other elements as Most of the elements r from tehkblack theme templet ( but itz not a crime )

(That's all I can say from 5 previews) .

Kindly do not mind , itz only my opinion , the main thing is ur way to represent ur theme . waiting for the rest of ur preview. thumbsup.gif

@Aleena , hey sis , u can search on Deviantart . smile.gif
ek4design
QUOTE (soumyadeepbshn @ Nov 2 2011, 01:47 AM) *
@Emad , yes u r right bro theming is really not a joke , Sometimes I have 2 install my themes near about 15-16 times just for checking the elements & it takes 4-5 days ( even more ) to complete a theme . U really did a great job . 10.gif if u want to change the icons darker or less colorful like Eric said use Adobe illustrator ( May b u know that) . A little suggestion from me if u don't mind ,

1. make the active background a little darker
2. If u want TPI uid let me know , as I can see some icons aren't changed ( maps , location )
3. I guess we would really like to see the default album instead of a movie album . tongue.gif
4. Try to use other elements as Most of the elements r from tehkblack theme templet ( but itz not a crime )
(That's all I can say from 5 previews) .

Kindly do not mind , itz only my opinion , the main thing is ur way to represent ur theme . waiting for the rest of ur preview. thumbsup.gif

Thank you soooo much Soumy, the basic theme is as u said is from "tehkblack theme templet" but i changed the Clock, Buttons and Icons and some other details which is exhausting & takes long time just to pack & install on mobile to preview and change again wallbash.gif i will make the Active BG darker as u suggest. i dont have a nice default album for my player can u suggest me any angel_not.gif ... one last question... WHAT IS TPI & HOW CAN I CHANGE "Maps & Locations" and other Third party apps icons...?!?
Eric to make the icons darker i need Adobe Illustrator (edit SVG files) and just thinking about installing it will make my PC crash tongue.gif i will try to find anther set of darker icons tongue.gif
Magic thanks... and as u saw Soumy was not easy on me tongue.gif laugh.gif... THANK YOU ALL wub.gif
gemini7010
soumyadeepbshn great start clap.gif
your_mother wonderful card wow.gif
magicas1 beautiful start clapping.gif
ek4design great start thumbsup.gif

and im in too, i go with this card, hope its okay, if yes this is my start smile.gif

anuragsins1991
can anyone suggest any way to make themes without carbide for nokia
soumyadeepbshn
@Gem , thank a lot dear Gem . about ur theme - fantastic start , love the barwork .

@ Anurag , which version of Nokia theme u wanna make ? if it is s60v5 , u can make it with online theme maker without carbide ( but as far I know the onl9 theme making sites use only png elements & icons which is not so good for s60v5 theming . )

@ Emad , glad u find my opinion helpful bro . here is ur answers of ur questions .

1. default album : u can use any music icon from ur theme icon pack or any svg music element picture as ur default music .

2. TPI = Third party icon , carbide do not have all the default icons like phone switch , accessory setup , maps etc. u have 2 add them manually . give me some time I'll PM the uid s & process to u .

3. if AI ( adobe illustrator ) is crashing in ur PC , u can colorize the icon with carbide default color changer if u want .
your_mother
Soumya
Nice start! I also like your choice of image! clap.gif Also thank you for being so helpful for other members, I wouldn't know the first thing about this kind of themes.

Magicas
Good start! Looking forward to see more!

ek4design
Absolutly love your choice of image!!! clap.gif I think you have enough suggestions from Eric & Soumya already, so I will not comment more at the moment. Looking forward to your final theme, tho!!

Sksahoozzz
Nice wally!!

Aleena
Yep, same suggestion here. Take a look at deviantart!

Gemini
Great start! 10.gif Love the ornaments you added!

And here's my start:

CrazEric
QUOTE (gemini7010 @ Nov 2 2011, 12:29 PM) *
and im in too, i go with this card, hope its okay, if yes this is my start smile.gif

Beautiful work!! 10.gif 10.gif

QUOTE (your_mother @ Nov 2 2011, 04:55 PM) *
And here's my start:

Wonderful so far! 10.gif 10.gif Is that for the Aino phone?

Now I'm saying a little prayer - hoping I can finally manage to post a reply dry.gif

imsagi
@eric aaaaaaaaaaaaaa hello
@ek ur 1st attempt is awesome
i am also here to help you but i see soumya is guiding you
CrazEric
QUOTE (imsagi @ Nov 3 2011, 01:53 AM) *
@eric aaaaaaaaaaaaaa hello
@ek ur 1st attempt is awesome
i am also here to help you but i see soumya is guiding you

Ahhhh good then I add your name to the participants list clap.gif
nazarenko
'soumyadeepbshn' clap.gif nice!
'your_mother' super start! clap.gif
'magicas1' excellent clap.gif
'ek4design' wow! very cool! clap.gif
'gemini7010' wonderdul start! clap.gif
anulubi
soumya superb start bro,beautiful wally wow.gif wow.gif
mom excellent start dear..as usual wow.gif wow.gif
magic very intreasting dear,,love it wow.gif wow.gif
EK amazing start bro,,love it wow.gif wow.gif
gemini super start sis! very beautiful wallp wow.gif wow.gif
----
here's my theme smile.gif
Gallery Link

CrazEric
Nice to see you here nazarenko - are you joining us this week? grouphug.gif

QUOTE (anulubi @ Nov 3 2011, 09:26 PM) *
here's my theme smile.gif
Gallery Link

That looks awesome anu - wonderful work wow.gif 10.gif

I hope everyone has a wallpaper by now? unsure.gif
nazarenko
QUOTE (CrazEric @ Nov 3 2011, 09:48 PM) *

yes, I with you! weightlift.gif weightlift.gif weightlift.gif
nazarenko
excuse me! double post! wub.gif

Anu, great work! very like! 10.gif 10.gif 10.gif
CrazEric
QUOTE (nazarenko @ Nov 3 2011, 10:13 PM) *
QUOTE (CrazEric @ Nov 3 2011, 09:48 PM) *

yes, I with you! weightlift.gif weightlift.gif weightlift.gif

Great! clap.gif
imsagi
QUOTE (CrazEric @ Nov 3 2011, 01:48 PM) *

eric i don't have any awesome kind of wallpaper help me i love to participate but if i get some cool wallpaper
taghytotty
WoOoW ..Whts going here ??? .. wht an awesome damn inspiring topic .. Mom ,anuuuuuuuuuuuuuu , soumya ..

amazinggggggggggg themes ..
CrazEric
QUOTE (imsagi @ Nov 4 2011, 02:48 AM) *
QUOTE (CrazEric @ Nov 3 2011, 01:48 PM) *

eric i don't have any awesome kind of wallpaper help me i love to participate but if i get some cool wallpaper

Ok I'm running late (again) this morning - will help tonight.
What size wallpaper are you looking for? Any specific card you want to use Magician, Empress, Death etc....?

Some nice girly cards would be the Oracle of Shadows & Light cards. It's not the traditional tarot but it's still classified as tarot cards so I'll accept them.
You can see some examples in this blog (entry for 27 Nov.)
http://innerwhisperscouk.blogspot.com/2010...01_archive.html
click on card for big view

QUOTE (taghytotty @ Nov 4 2011, 02:52 AM) *
WoOoW ..Whts going here ??? .. wht an awesome damn inspiring topic .. Mom ,anuuuuuuuuuuuuuu , soumya ..

amazinggggggggggg themes ..

ooooh great then it sounds like I must add you to the list clap.gif
your_mother
Anulubi
Wow!! Beautiful work!! I must add that to my favorites right away!! 10.gif
CrazEric
Okay some tarot ideas for those who still need wallpapers ...
you can check this site has a nice long list of the different card available
if you see something you like then we can search for cards by the name and artist

http://moonraventarot.com/tarot_decks_a-n

continues here
http://moonraventarot.com/tarot_decks_o-z

+ Some nice steampunk cards (no text) if you want to have a look

http://steampunktarot.files.wordpress.com/...een_of_cups.jpg

http://steampunktarot.files.wordpress.com/...en_of_wands.jpg

http://steampunktarot.files.wordpress.com/...f_pentacles.jpg

http://steampunktarot.files.wordpress.com/.../11/the_sun.jpg

http://steampunktarot.files.wordpress.com/...10/strength.jpg

Aleena143
wow eric ths is awesome..i too was searching a lot but didnt get one,..

i think i'll use ten of wands steampunk card.

thanks eric.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.