Full Version: Challenge 31 - Architecture
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > Design Challenge
Pages: 1, 2
your_mother
Welcome to DC 31

This weeks topic is a little different (once again)... And I shall call it

Architecture Photography

Description

Take a picture of any building and post it here. Accepted are photos of houses, bridges, towers, factories, famous landmarks (for example the Eiffel tower) and so on. The image can show the whole building or just details of it (door, windows, roof...).You have to take the picture yourself and it has to be taken especially for this contest (so none of your old holiday pics). Of course there's no way I can control that your photo is new, I will just have to trust you in that matter...

You are allowed to enhance your image with the following:

- Brightness / Contrast
- Hue / Saturation
- Vibrance
- Color Balance
- Black & White
- Shadows / Highlight
- Crop / Rotate / Resize
- Blur / Sharpen
- You may also add a frame or border to your image, as long as it doesn't hide a great deal of the picture.

Everything else is forbidden!!! So no special effects, animations, overlays etc...!
Please reduce your picture to a reasonable size for the preview!

This topic will be open for 1 week until Sunday 30 October.

All Mobile9 members are welcome to join the DC and earn this badge

simply by completing 20 challenges. No winning required!

Confirmed Participants
- peace_lover
- Aleena
- Anuragsins
- Magicas
- Manjuraja
- Asad_rider
- Anulubi
- Mohamedali
- Vinoth
- Sksahoozzz
- ek4design
- Gemini
- Tinca
your_mother
And here's the ad for this week:

CODE
[url=http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?s=0&showtopic=79297][img]http://www.dumpyourphoto.com/files3/78430/Ov10AfpNl3g.jpg[/img][/url]
peace_lover3
hi mother,
my fav topic u chose
plz count me
i love this topic
Aleena143
Really great topic mom,

i ve done my PG journalism and i had photography too in my subject.

but i dnt know i can make it ths week being homemaker i think its lil difficult for me..still i'll try to do that.

but love the topic.
clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
peace_lover3
can u explain more how to take part?
anuragsins1991
mother-- can we take a panorama shot of some metro train ??

do we need to upload to gallery,but then it wud hav to be cut??@?
CrazEric
QUOTE (peace_lover3 @ Oct 23 2011, 08:29 PM) *
can u explain more how to take part?

You can just take some pics (you can use phone camera if you dont have another digital camera) relating to architecture & post them here in this thread so people can comment and tell you what they like ... towards the end of the week she will open the Entry Thread and you can post you chosen photo there wink.gif
if there's any specific questions - feel free to ask thumbsup.gif

QUOTE (anuragsins1991 @ Oct 23 2011, 09:02 PM) *
mother-- can we take a panorama shot of some metro train ??

do we need to upload to gallery,but then it wud hav to be cut??@?

not sure about the train - but if it includes some architectural elements of the track /station I guess thats okay
uploading to the gallery would be preferred yes since "Crop / Rotate / Resize" is allowed
the gallery allows for images up to 1920x1408px so you should be able to find some size that works for you wink.gif
magicas1
I am in I have a really bad camera but will see if there is something to take a photo of
manjuraja
What a funny week!!! Add me too....
Asad_rider
wow.gif I just Love Photography !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will capture something for sure !
your_mother
Great, I will add all of you... Sorry I wasn't here earlier to answer your questions!

Anuragsins
Eric answered that right, if we can see some of the station or rails it's accepted.

peace_lover
Welcome to DC! smile.gif

Aleena
I really hope you can make it!

Everyone: It's your choice if you upload your pic to the gallery. I would strongly recommend it tho, so it's possible to add them to favorites and comment...
anulubi
that's soss cool topic..i love it so much.. pls add me in wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif
mohamedali05
Nice topic,please add me too .
vinothvardha
mother add me in......
sksahoozzz
Fantastic Topic ... thumbsup.gif
But not an easy task as it seems smile.gif
I will definitely do some different on it smile.gif
Add me in too wub.gif
your_mother
Anulubi, Mohamedali, Vinoth, Sksahoozzz
Great, I'm glad you like the topic!! Added... smile.gif

I made two pics yesterday (well, actually I made much more, but this are the ones I'm happy with)... I don't know if I will join this week, but maybe they give you some more ideas...

This is the house I live in:

And this is a bridge close to my home (the part you see when you stand under the bridge):
CrazEric
great photos mother ... love the 2nd one most such a great idea wow.gif
ek4design
Interesting topic MOM... add me too Plz... i will start hanging around and talking pictures tongue.gif laugh.gif
your_mother
QUOTE (ek4design @ Oct 26 2011, 10:00 AM) *
Interesting topic MOM... add me too Plz... i will start hanging around and talking pictures tongue.gif laugh.gif

Yes, very good!! clap.gif But be careful when taking pictures of windows, some people seem to have a problem if you take a picture of them when they are taking a shower... And it seems to be even more upsetting if it's posted online right after... sleep.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Eric
Thank you!! wub.gif
Asad_rider
@Mom I like the first one very much clap.gif clap.gif

I've also started to take the photos laugh.gif
Here is one of them laugh.gif (Not my entry)

Related to cricket.. this is located in front of Cricket stadium.
anuragsins1991
@mom--really nice both are superb,the bridge design idea is superb taking it under it really good

@asad-nice click
LeonardMabius
Hi everyone in dc, i love this topic for all coz i've a mind. Here is my design, please acknoledge it.
your_mother
QUOTE (LeonardMabius @ Oct 26 2011, 03:01 PM) *
Hi everyone in dc, i love this topic for all coz i've a mind. Here is my design, please acknoledge it.

You have to take the picture yourself, not just post one you found online!! Please read the first post of this thread and follow the rules.

Picture found here. And on several other pages...
sp0rtskiller03
unfortunately i don't have camera to capture photos. huhuhu. one day i'll buy one.

@mom - ive noticed photography is one of ur hobby these days. have seen some in ur FB account.
manjuraja
Mom -This is my photo taken in Tanjore yesterday....This is my entry!!

This is a world famous Tanjore brihadeeswara temple built by the Cholas...

Other images I took...

gemini7010
if i get time to take a pic im in too clap.gif
manjuraja
Love to see your photo Gemini..! wub.gif wub.gif
your_mother
Asad
Thank you! notworthy.gif Nice pic! clap.gif I'm not sure that can be counted as architecture, but since it's not your entry I guess it doesn't matter...

Anuragsins
Thank you very much! smile.gif

Sporty
Hehe! I don't have a camera either, I took all the pics with my phone... And yes, lately I'm taking a lot of photos. wink.gif

Manjuraja
Very nice!! clap.gif We don't have anything like that in switzerland...

Gemini
Great! Waiting for some pics of traditional farmers houses... tongue.gif
anuragsins1991
@mom it is written in fet that photohas to be max 800*800
but in gallery we can upload pics upto size 1900* so do we need to take the pic and compreaa ot to post in fet,and can be we upload bigger version in the gallery?? sad.gif
your_mother
QUOTE (anuragsins1991 @ Oct 27 2011, 05:09 PM) *
@mom it is written in fet that photohas to be max 800*800
but in gallery we can upload pics upto size 1900* so do we need to take the pic and compreaa ot to post in fet,and can be we upload bigger version in the gallery?? sad.gif

Yes, sure, you can upload it to the gallery in any size you like!! I just add this so it's easier to watch the images... smile.gif If you want you can also post a link to your image in a bigger format.
davis-art
Good topic, mom!
Unfortunately, I can't participate on this week, business trip again, sorry... wallbash.gif
Good luck to everybody! byebye.gif
magicas1
@ mother cool pics booth of them

@ manjuraja wow its great

@ i havent been able to take a photo I am in bed with flu and fever all week so I dont know if I can make it before sunday but I will try thumbsup.gif
tinca2
Wonderful topic 10.gif Please count me in notworthy.gif

@magicas I hope you feels in next days better, so you can make a pic clap.gif
your_mother
Davis
Aw, what a pitty!! I was hoping for some dark foggy pictures of you!! sad.gif

Magicas
Hope you get better soon! And if you don't just make a picture inside your house. Stairs, for example... Or the sealing over your bed... tongue.gif

Tinca
Great, looking forward to see your pic! clap.gif
liapireas
I'm not a great photographer but I love the topic , maybe I will go for a photo hunting tomorrow !!!!!!
Asad_rider

While going to college i took this shot rolleyes.gif .... This is a restaurant called "LaLQiLa". Hopefully this is my Entry clap.gif

Original
Other Shot
vinothvardha
it is one of the pic taken at bangkok smile.gif
your_mother
Lia
Waiting... wink.gif

Asad
What an interesting building! Nice pic!! clap.gif

Vinoth
Are you on holidays in Bankok right now??

Gemini
Saw your pic in the entry thread, it's beautiful!! clap.gif clap.gif

And here's another pic I took yesterday... The quality is pretty bad, but, well... whatever...

It's already saturday, where are all your photos?!?
vinothvardha
[quote name='vinothvardha' date='Oct 28 2011, 09:18 AM' post='933762']
it is one of the pic taken at bangkok smile.gif

[/quote

no mother
i took when i went for my summer holidays.... photo.gif
iam waiting to go once again.....
your_mother
QUOTE (vinothvardha @ Oct 29 2011, 03:30 PM) *

I'm very sorry, but one of the restrictions in the first post is this one:
QUOTE (your_mother @ Oct 23 2011, 07:25 PM) *
You have to take the picture yourself and it has to be taken especially for this contest (so none of your old holiday pics).

I know it's very late now to make a new one, but to be fair to everybody I will have to insist on that... surrender.gif
vinothvardha
QUOTE (your_mother @ Oct 29 2011, 06:38 AM) *
QUOTE (vinothvardha @ Oct 29 2011, 03:30 PM) *

I'm very sorry, but one of the restrictions in the first post is this one:
QUOTE (your_mother @ Oct 23 2011, 07:25 PM) *
You have to take the picture yourself and it has to be taken especially for this contest (so none of your old holiday pics).

I know it's very late now to make a new one, but to be fair to everybody I will have to insist on that... surrender.gif

ok mother i will try my best....
vinothvardha
iam ready with my new one
This is my college
this was taken yesterday...

gallery
soumyadeepbshn
@ Mom, love all of ur snaps , specially the bridge one . wow.gif wow.gif

@ MAnju , Bro I heard about this temple , great art of architecture . clapping.gif wow.gif

@ Asad , excellent snap , love the way u modified it , wow.gif clap.gif

@ Vinoth , great snap bro . clapping.gif wow.gif

My try "

This is one of the front post of a Buddha temple of Phuntsholing ( about Half an hour distance from my place ) , Honestly I didn't go there to take this picture only , I went there to spend my weekend with my family today angel_not.gif & got the idea 2 snap it & post it here . photo.gif

@ Mom , I need ur approval 2 post it in the fet as it is a weekend picture though it was taken for this competition purpose . ohmy.gif
ek4design
National Bank of Yemen - My work place

Chartered Bank was the first bank in Aden and gulf countries.
National Bank of Yemen was established in 1969, Chartered Bank was listed as a branche known today as "Queen Arwa Branch"
And i work on the first floor in the same building as a Graphics Designer wink.gif

thumbsup.gif Download from Gallery thumbsup.gif

symbiantweets
mother add me..
meenakshi temple tourist place

gallery
symbiantweets
mother say about my entry. If its ok i add final entry for this creation.. wub.gif
tinca2
I see so wonderful pics of Architecture here clap.gif

Here is my photo:

original photo of myself
another photo

Located in the heart of the vibrant city of Magdeburg since October 3rd, 2005, THE GREEN CITADEL OF MAGDEBURG is a place of peace to be enjoyed, a world of architectural novelty that is full of individuality and creativity, in harmony with nature.

At one of the worldwide latest and greatest masterpieces of architecture by Friedensreich Hundertwasser, golden globes shine atop its towers, "tree tenants" look out of "dancing windows", scents waft from the wildflower meadows on the roofs, and "feet’s melodies" carry people through the courtyards.

Hundertwasser’s "…greatest and most beautiful building…" is a paradise for everyone, inviting you not only to live, work or shop here, but also to meet, celebrate and stay the night.

notworthy.gif
anulubi
great works guys.. 10.gif wow.gif
mine smile.gif

Gallery
your_mother
Ah, finally, some entries!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Vinoth
Very good, I'm glad it worked out now! I would suggest you crop and rotate your image just a little bit. Something like that:

Soumya
Very nice! Of course this is valid as an entry! The only important thing is that you made the picture this week and for this competition...

ek4design
Great pic! And I love it, that you gave some information about it too!

Symbiantweets
That would be a great entry if it were your picture! Sadly it can be found HERE. DC worked very well for a very long time without any cheaters, please don't destroy our trust!! dry.gif And by the way, this is a very easy topic, how can you be too lazy to make a picture?!? It's really not much to ask for!

Tinca
What an awesome building!! Love the architecture of Hundertwasser!

Anulubi
Love it!! Did you play with the colors or is it originally that pink?
soumyadeepbshn
QUOTE (your_mother @ Oct 30 2011, 04:01 PM) *
Soumya
Very nice! Of course this is valid as an entry! The only important thing is that you made the picture this week and for this competition...

Thanks mom , just posted it in the fet after ur go ahead .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.