Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Symbian Theme Contest 61 - Paradise
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > ThemeMaking Competition > Symbian Theme Contest
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
ArthurWill
Topic: Paradise
Description: Anything that is a paradise to you is fine. This is a very broad topic. We want to use this opportunity to get to know every STC people better. devil2.gif So for example:
I like to build LEGO = make a theme based on LEGO
Going to Rome is like going to paradise to me = make a theme based on Rome
You love to sunbathe in a beach = make a theme based on beach

If you are new, please read & understand the updated Rules and Guidelines for this contest.

A final entries thread will be opened shortly where you place your finalized theme previews. Once posted in final entries, you cannot alter them at all. Deadline for final entries will be Monday, 15th August, 0300 GMT.

In this thread you can post your work in progress to receive comments and suggestions from others and also give your comments on others work too.

If you have any other question, feel free to post them here and we will try to help. If you know themers (S60, Series 40, UIQ) who might be interested in joining us for some fun, please tell them & provide them with a link to this thread. Thank you for helping to keep STC alive.

CODE
http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?showforum=88

Confirmed Participants:
1. Aleena143
2. thabull
3. anulubi
4. lenhudiel
5. f_batiir
6. Tattwam
7. san-sagar
8. suyashagrawal11
9. jolansky
10. AloneBoy96
11. _Daniel_02
12. That's easy, put me in right away!!!!
13. ?
14. ?
15. ?
Aleena143
wonderful topic .i love to join.add me pls.
thabull
excellent idea Pat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
anulubi
awesome topic...count me in
lenhudiel
Amazing topic. count me in too clap.gif
f_batiir
Nice Topic,I want to participate,too. clapping.gif
-please give me a link for Theme making application for S60V5.
-after making the them,I should upload it to M9 or just post previews of it here?
Tattwam
Count me in.........
thabull
QUOTE (f_batiir @ Aug 2 2011, 06:20 PM) *
Nice Topic,I want to participate,too. clapping.gif
-please give me a link for Theme making application for S60V5.

just google for "carbide ui" editions 3.4 and 4 are ok for s60v5 themes..... carbide ui is free. u can find it in nokia forums (but if u google for it, u will probably find much more resources.....

QUOTE (f_batiir @ Aug 2 2011, 06:20 PM) *
-after making the them,I should upload it to M9 or just post previews of it here?

it is better if u post some screenshots here first. u will get some feedback that probably will be useful for finilising your theme. when u believe that your theme is ready (and before the deadline) you must upload it and post the preview (according to the rules) in the Final Thread (FT). the FT open at the start of the 2nd week of the contest duration.......

u can learn more if u click the link of "Rules and Guidelines for this contest" in the first post...... wink.gif wink.gif
san-sagar
i wanna try ........this time ........!

i cant understood topic paradise ....?

anyone explain topic mre than above....!
san-sagar
weightlift.gif hey guys also tell me that ...how to save theme from carbide ui ?

after creation ....? i tried but nothing ....i got other file ......rather than sis file ..?

anyone here .....for explain ...!

and also tell me how to give 75% preview ....like you all gives.....?

ones i trying to upload themes with more preview .....uploading fail...
thabull
QUOTE (san-sagar @ Aug 2 2011, 11:43 PM) *
weightlift.gif hey guys also tell me that ...how to save theme from carbide ui ?

after creation ....? i tried but nothing ....i got other file ......rather than sis file ..?

you have to press the buttonn that says "create a new package". .sis files are the packages of the themes.....

????????????????????? don't u know how to give 75% or the total screens? if u have an s60v2 or s60v3 or s60v5 or s^3 theme, just make at least 12 screenshots, gather them in one image and here is your preview.....

you need the full preview in here my friend..... when u upload your theme, full preview is not that needed.... but still u can "brake" the preview in 2 parts and add them in the upload...... wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

and finally what is that u don't understand about the topic... Pat couldn't have said it more clearly.......
what is like paradise for u my friend? make a theme for that.....
san-sagar
QUOTE (thabull @ Aug 3 2011, 05:06 AM) *

you have to press the buttonn that says "create a new package". .sis files are the packages of the themes.....

????????????????????? don't u know how to give 75% or the total screens? if u have an s60v2 or s60v3 or s60v5 or s^3 theme, just make at least 12 screenshots, gather them in one image and here is your preview.....

you need the full preview in here my friend..... when u upload your theme, full preview is not that needed.... but still u can "brake" the preview in 2 parts and add them in the upload...... wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

and finally what is that u don't understand about the topic... Pat couldn't have said it more clearly.......
what is like paradise for u my friend? make a theme for that.....

ok bro .thanks.....for all help .....!!!
suyashagrawal11
take me inn..................

hay can any one told that can i make theme from these type of image .given below.to participate in compitition

jolansky
such a wonderful topic again,,of course i want to be in!!!!!
AloneBoy96
Great topic.
I want to be in.........
_Daniel_02
Hey nice topic...!! 10.gif pls Add me..!! clap.gif i will try My Best..! clap.gif
san-sagar
MY THEME ...

I KNOW ITS not VERY GOOD
- 1.gif

going to upload.....!!! wht all think....!!

plz give me suggetion of modification .....!!
protsenko2006
san-sagar this should help http://symstuff.com/ http://symstuff.com/ru/signing.html

AW, very nice topic!! clapping.gif
f_batiir
Hi everybody byebye.gif This is a preview of my Theme.
It's my first experience of making a theme so please help me make it better. thumbsup.gif

@thabull: Thanks very much for your help,bro. notworthy.gif

@san-sagar:Your theme is good and it will be better if you add your Icons at it. happy.gif
anulubi
san-sagar nice start thumbsup.gif ...

f_batiir nice wall clapping.gif .....i can see the icons doesn't cut/create properly.. white borders in it isn't good so

-----------
my theme - Way to Paradise ohmy.gif

Download Link

protsenko2006
f_batiir Interesting theme!! thumbsup.gif clapping.gif

anulubi Superb!!! 10.gif 10.gif and my fav color!! wow.gif
san-sagar
anu bro ....why you put my first background.....!!!!!!!!
anulubi
QUOTE (protsenko2006 @ Aug 5 2011, 04:32 PM) *

thank you soo much dear wub.gif ..its my fav color too wub.gif

QUOTE (san-sagar @ Aug 5 2011, 11:36 PM) *

it is called unexpected choosing wally.. laugh.gif
i just google 'paradice wallpaper' then got this wally..made theme..and when i come here i saw that you are using the same picture.. smile.gif
i hope you didnt mind it..
and there is no rule that a participant canot choose the wally which already choosen.. thumbsup.gif
Aleena143
QUOTE (san-sagar @ Aug 3 2011, 06:56 PM) *
MY THEME ...

I KNOW ITS not VERY GOOD
- 1.gif
plz give me suggetion of modification .....!!

nice wally clap.gif

QUOTE (f_batiir @ Aug 5 2011, 08:48 PM) *
Hi everybody byebye.gif This is a preview of my Theme.
It's my first experience of making a theme so please help me make it better. thumbsup.gif

clap.gif clap.gifThs paradise looks so so awesome.love ths wally so much,and as anu said cut ur icons properly.

QUOTE (anulubi @ Aug 6 2011, 12:24 AM) *
my theme - Way to Paradise ohmy.gif

u finishesd it???great bro...awesome theme...love it...and i thought u'll use ur own wally which u created in wpc. clap.gif clap.gif
mangotango7
anu Nice theme!

AW count me in PLS

Here my variant of a paradise place

protsenko2006
mangotango7 So good job, Lara, like it!! 10.gif 10.gif wub.gif All elements cooljnye!! wow.gif
f_batiir
QUOTE (anulubi @ Aug 5 2011, 11:24 PM) *
nice wall clapping.gif .....i can see the icons doesn't cut/create properly.. white borders in it isn't good so

Thanks very much for you help,anu. happy.gif I just changed the icons. thumbsup.gif
Your theme is Perfect just like all you works.I really like it. 10.gif

QUOTE (Aleena143 @ Aug 6 2011, 11:49 AM) *
clap.gif clap.gifThs paradise looks so so awesome.love ths wally so much,and as anu said cut ur icons properly.

Thanks a lot, happy to see you like it. clap.gif

QUOTE (protsenko2006 @ Aug 6 2011, 03:02 AM) *
Interesting theme!! thumbsup.gif clapping.gif

Thank you, cool.gif

san-sagar
QUOTE (anulubi @ Aug 6 2011, 11:29 AM) *
QUOTE (protsenko2006 @ Aug 5 2011, 04:32 PM) *

thank you soo much dear wub.gif ..its my fav color too wub.gif

QUOTE (san-sagar @ Aug 5 2011, 11:36 PM) *

it is called unexpected choosing wally.. laugh.gif
i just google 'paradice wallpaper' then got this wally..made theme..and when i come here i saw that you are using the same picture.. smile.gif
i hope you didnt mind it..
and there is no rule that a participant canot choose the wally which already choosen.. thumbsup.gif

ok anu bro .... notworthy.gif i dont mind it .....thanks for advice i am going to change some componant of my theme like icons......!
Galina53
We say "see Paris and die..." I really want to see Paris. Just do not die and live happily ever after. And die with loved ones in one day.

My preview.

Galina53
@anulubi, very nice! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

@mangotango7, funny theme! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
thabull
QUOTE (f_batiir @ Aug 7 2011, 10:54 AM) *
Thanks very much for you help,anu. happy.gif I just changed the icons. thumbsup.gif
Here is my theme with new Icons,I'd be happy to hear your Ideas about it. gathering.gif

as i c u used the "anna" icon pack...... this pack is everywhere in the net in .svg format....
still the border cut is a problem in these icons.....
where did u to find this .png icons?

and just a suggestion.... it will be a bit better if u try to resize your sceens in 75% of the original size.... then the new dimensions will be still satisfactory and the size of the file won't be that big for the thread......

@everybody.... a general reminder..... please people when you quote or answer to posts, try to avoid "reproducing" the images posted... this makes the thread to "heavy" and very hard to load esp when there are some low connections out there or somebody uses mobile where the kb are charged..... wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif
f_batiir
QUOTE (thabull @ Aug 7 2011, 01:58 PM) *
as i c u used the "anna" icon pack...... this pack is everywhere in the net in .svg format....
I've tried the theme on my mob and there was no problem,the problem is only on the preview thumbsup.gif
Should I use my own Icons?I mean is there any problem with getting the Icons from net? unsure.gif
and just a suggestion.... it will be a bit better if u try to resize your sceens in 75% of the original size.... then the new dimensions will be still satisfactory and the size of the file won't be that big for the thread......
thanks for your suggestion,I'll resize pics when I post the final preview. thumbsup.gif
МАРГО2010
anulubi - Wonderful work! clap.gif 10.gif 10.gif

mangotango7 - Excellent theme very original, I very like! 10.gif 10.gif 10.gif

Galina53 - Excellent work, all SUPERB!!!I like! 10.gif 10.gif 10.gif
thabull
QUOTE (f_batiir @ Aug 7 2011, 01:44 PM) *
I've tried the theme on my mob and there was no problem,the problem is only on the preview thumbsup.gif
Should I use my own Icons?I mean is there any problem with getting the Icons from net? unsure.gif

u do whatever u like my friend...... wink.gif wink.gif

there is absolutely no problem getting icons from internet... most of us do that..... wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

but i was curious because "anna" icons are everywhere in the net in .svg format (which gives the best quality). your icons seem like .png... png with edges in so bad quality.. u still have time to search the net for an .svg pack..... thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

and two more suggestions......
1. why don't u make real screenshots from your phone? it will be much better wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

2. in your preview there are so many elements left default...... try to work with them a bit...... wink.gif wink.gif

@galina.... sweetheart i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! excellent work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10.gif 10.gif 10.gif (is this travis icon pack u used?)
Galina53
@МАРГО2010, thabull, thank you,my dear friends! wub.gif

@thabull, I took as a basis for icons Black_by_BlueRay.
thabull
QUOTE (Galina53 @ Aug 7 2011, 03:40 PM) *

yes..... they r really good icons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and u did an awesome work with them byebye.gif
Galina53
QUOTE (thabull @ Aug 7 2011, 07:15 AM) *
QUOTE (Galina53 @ Aug 7 2011, 03:40 PM) *

yes..... they r really good icons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and u did an awesome work with them byebye.gif

Best yet found. But a lot of work. This is the main component of the theme.
f_batiir
QUOTE (thabull @ Aug 7 2011, 04:47 PM) *
i was curious because "anna" icons are everywhere in the net in.svg format (which gives the best quality). your icons seem like.png... png with edges in so bad quality.. u still have time to search the net for an .svg pack.....

I didn't know .svg pack has a better quality.Thanks for your info thumbsup.gif ,I'm gonna find it. clapping.gif
How should I use .svg pack after downloading?
1. why don't u make real screenshots from your phone? it will be much better

I have SE Satio wich is s60v5 but it has it's own main menu.I've tried lots of screen snappers but non of them works.(when I get a shot,it's just a black screen) crybaby.gif
2. in your preview there are so many elements left default...... try to work with them a bit......

It's lots of work for my first time of theme creating wink.gif but I'll try. thumbsup.gif

Thanks for all your helps,bro. cheers.gif
thabull
QUOTE (Galina53 @ Aug 7 2011, 04:58 PM) *

hahahahahahahahahahahaha... welcome to s60 theming galina..... hang on.. you are doing an awesome work girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

QUOTE (f_batiir @ Aug 7 2011, 05:39 PM) *
I didn't know .svg pack has a better quality.Thanks for your info thumbsup.gif ,I'm gonna find it. clapping.gif
How should I use .svg pack after downloading?

as u used the .png pack..... open the .tdf file. save it in your workspace and then go to your theme, right click on "icons", "take content from", "theme list" .. and choose the theme that has the "anna" pack....

I have SE Satio wich is s60v5 but it has it's own main menu.I've tried lots of screen snappers but non of them works.(when I get a shot,it's just a black screen) crybaby.gif

did u try "best screensnap"? i think poupi had a SE Satio.. u can ask her (i know i will do it....)

2. in your preview there are so many elements left default...... try to work with them a bit......

It's lots of work for my first time of theme creating wink.gif but I'll try. thumbsup.gif

Thanks for all your helps,bro. cheers.gif

now this is not an excuse..... i know that it's a lot of work, but do u want to make a good theme? and as i already have said, u have to ask yourself:
"am i going to use that theme in my phone?"
depending on the answer u can leave the theme as it is or try to make it better...... wink.gif wink.gif
san-sagar
can i used online theme creater ...?
Galina53
QUOTE (thabull @ Aug 7 2011, 10:44 AM) *

hahahahahahahahahahahaha... welcome to s60 theming galina..... hang on.. you are doing an awesome work girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

I can not get a certificate on the phone. They are issued only to legal persons for $ 200. This is very bad. I do not trust the emulator. crybaby.gif
Viola53
QUOTE (anulubi @ Aug 5 2011, 11:54 AM) *
my theme - Way to Paradise

Very good work! I liked it! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif 10.gif

QUOTE (mangotango7 @ Aug 6 2011, 04:05 PM) *
Here my variant of a paradise place

Very original and interesting theme! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif 10.gif

QUOTE (Galina53 @ Aug 7 2011, 01:59 AM) *
We say "see Paris and die..." I really want to see Paris. Just do not die and live happily ever after. And die with loved ones in one day.

My preview.

Excellent to learn a new program! Theme is gorgeous! Well done! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif 10.gif
protsenko2006
QUOTE (san-sagar @ Aug 7 2011, 09:03 PM) *
can i used online theme creater ...?

I think that it is possible!

Galina so so good job, like it, well done dear! wub.gif 10.gif 10.gif 10.gif
Galina53
@Viola53, @protsenko2006, thank you,my dear friends! wub.gif

thabull
QUOTE (Galina53 @ Aug 7 2011, 09:06 PM) *
QUOTE (thabull @ Aug 7 2011, 10:44 AM) *

I can not get a certificate on the phone. They are issued only to legal persons for $ 200. This is very bad. I do not trust the emulator. crybaby.gif

galina.... can you install signed applications in your phone? perhaps you should go to your application manager and set the "software installation" in "all"
(perhaps the way in your phone is different than in mine, but if you go to the application manager and see the settings, you will know what i mean....)
Aleena143
@galina: wow dear..u making wave in all area..theme making,dc and wpc....its just amazing and very neat work i love the colors..and the icons so much...perfect..hope u too will soon fine ur perfect love and visit paris... clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
mangotango7
protsenko2006 Galina53 МАРГО2010 Viola53 Thanks a lot!

Galina Nice theme!

naghi63
very nice topic
please count me in

@galina very good your work

Aleena143
@mangotango: Sorry i miised ur theme..really great work..awesome creation..ur paradise is simply amazing..love it..
mangotango7
Thanks Aleena! notworthy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.