Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reincarnation Or Life After Death
mobile9 Forum > Beyond Mobile > Lounge
Pages: 1, 2
kewlone
Hey geniuses byebye.gif could you help me unsure.gif i hate speeches and my teacher will continue to torture me by making me speak over and over again but this time its persuasive speech unsure.gif and guess what topic did i pick , life after death vs reincarnation laugh.gif i got lost after selecting this topic, honestly i dont have any idea on both of them. i know Indian's believe in Karma and reincarnation. so please could you all guide me again.

i am doing a survey so kindly give honest opinion smile.gif

If you have chosen yes to life after death please state why?

and if you have chosen Yes to reincarnation please tell briefly why?

please dont spam here! or give unnecessary suggestions/opinions, all information you provide will help me decide to select material for my speech!
liapireas
Nice one Enna !!! Tough b*tch ...... er teacher, I have to think about it and come back later .....
BianChi007
No for both from my side, i do not believe in such hypothetical beliefs.
LordOfLightning
No i don't believe
Gatosuso
I'd love to help you, but first of all I must know what do you mean with "life after death", since reincarnation involves "souls" and some kind of life after death too... Do you mean becoming a ghost or something like that? unsure.gif
mohib-rameen
From my side, yes
After death, on the judgement day all the death ppl will alive again and than the Second life will start.
for great ppl there is a heaven and for bad there would be hell
and i am 101 % sure yes there is a life after death.
rohan89devil
I do believe in life after death. I think that there is energy in a living body and when it dies, the energy is transfered into another form and so on, following the "Law of Conservation of Energy". I'm not sure about whether one is able to live a life after death, but I feel that life and death are like links of an endless chain

...but...

I'm a little skeptic about reincarnations, ghosts and other stuffs like that.

Hope this helped smile.gif
mohib-rameen
about reincarnations no there is no reincarnations . and i believe on that, when a person dies, the soul just came out from a body and went up , it never transfer to a new body or came with anew body born,. and about ghost yes there are ghost.. even i have faced many times. the soul or spirit is moving around, we can feel it.
kevin159
Here is some Scientific reason. may be help you.
Gatosuso
Well, there's no scientific evidence on either sense so it's all about personal choices.

In some cultures reincarnation is previous to that "life after death"... I mean, reincarnation is said to be a way to reach perfection, your spirit tries to reach it by the so-called "Wheel of reincarnations" (I don't recall how many times you can reincarnate, I think it was 9 but I'm not sure). Once you've completed the Wheel your soul is ready to reach the "Nirvana" ("heaven" for christians, "Valhalla" for vikings... every culture has a name for it). So you don't reincarnate forever, you finally end the wheel and reach what I think you're calling "life after death"... so reincarnation and the Judgement are the ways to reach that "second life", and so reincarnation is linked to life after death.

Anyway, all these theories are ancient ways of explaining all those things people didn't understand, and science tends to explain it all by energies and by the existence of more than 3 dimensions. There are still lots of things that can't be explained, and I'm happy with that since a little "magic" is still surviving and we really need it.

Knowledge stole my faith and I'd really love to believe in all those things. So that's why I don't believe in either option, and why I'd love to.
DJ-FANATIC
thumbsup.gif kewlone my dear, I will write. yes and no, and why because, because no one has demonstrated what is true.but how was I to think as a potential donor(giver) of the soul, I'd rather wrote that the tower,only that we are not aware of this . But the second reason that the tower in it, is our nature ,we have such a thing as imitation of generations whether consciously or not .(small example clap.gif . I ask someone why you love this kind of music, and he replies that just likes her but I can not answer why)(because the alien soul, not abolished by these sounds, or to be excited about any sound) laugh.gif ,So this new spirit must come from our planet. I think that really good perfect and pure souls disappear somewhere else is simply taken away certainly not on our planet , and the rest remains on the planet and are in the form of reincarnation to the new owner to clean it .and these are really bad in the form of animals , would have experienced what it means to helplessness , and after death would come later on in the new body with good energy .(in my opinion it is said that the animals are free ,and in my opinion is a journey in loneliness ,but the sea is not anything about it ).......gets called in dying do not feel the pain of the soul ... only the body.So the body is more our own . being born as we agree not fully conscious that we will take care of the body. we get from the older souls, that is, from parents who deserve to create a new body.... and souls get.so it has some significance...........Strangely, I am soul and I can not be sure notworthy.gif I hope I helped you somehow, I kiss and greet. Martin wink.gif
shaon007009
No for both from my side too... thumbsup.gif
Bratvany
I believe in a life after death (4 Vampires) tongue.gif
kewlone
QUOTE (mohib-rameen @ Apr 4 2011, 06:17 AM) *
From my side, yes
After death, on the judgement day all the death ppl will alive again and than the Second life will start.

thank you Moh wub.gif wub.gif
could you give some details on it unsure.gif in support to your answer!
QUOTE (rohan89devil @ Apr 4 2011, 06:36 AM) *
I do believe in life after death. I think that there is energy in a living body and when it dies, the energy is transfered into another form and so on, following the "Law of Conservation of Energy". I'm not sure about whether one is able to live a life after death, but I feel that life and death are like links of an endless chain

...but...

I'm a little skeptic about reincarnations, ghosts and other stuffs like that.

Hope this helped smile.gif

any topic for support unsure.gif

Thank You All for your feedback thumbsup.gif
rohan89devil
QUOTE (kewlone @ Apr 4 2011, 06:45 AM) *

Didn't get you??? unsure.gif
idias_1
Muslims believe Life after Death but not Reincarnation thumbsup.gif
dukhi1990
QUOTE (idias_1 @ Apr 4 2011, 07:15 AM) *
Muslims believe Life after Death but not Reincarnation thumbsup.gif

I don't know that Muslims believe that life after death. It's not my concern to make a war here. Just my belief.
Both NO for my side. grouphug.gif
primavera77
Girl friend, U choose fascinating topic...
I would like to read your research when u finish it...
I belive in life after death and riencarnation too...
I would like to copy the answer of Carlos, because he explain it in such a clear beautiful way....
I think we are energy Or u can call it soul, that each time dress another clothes and this clothes is our body.
I have no prove for it, but i belive in god and i have never see him.( so i have no prove for it too)
I read a lot of books about it, and right now i'm reading spiritied by Rebecca Rosen.
I'll try to find u the books name ( try to find the english name of it)
May be it can help u.
And i'm going to think about it ....if i'll have some brilliant idea i will write u again.
Good luck sweetie wub.gif
primavera77
QUOTE (Gatosuso @ Apr 4 2011, 02:20 PM) *
Well, there's no scientific evidence on either sense so it's all about personal choices.

In some cultures reincarnation is previous to that "life after death"... I mean, reincarnation is said to be a way to reach perfection, your spirit tries to reach it by the so-called "Wheel of reincarnations" (I don't recall how many times you can reincarnate, I think it was 9 but I'm not sure). Once you've completed the Wheel your soul is ready to reach the "Nirvana" ("heaven" for christians, "Valhalla" for vikings... every culture has a name for it). So you don't reincarnate forever, you finally end the wheel and reach what I think you're calling "life after death"... so reincarnation and the Judgement are the ways to reach that "second life", and so reincarnation is linked to life after death.

Anyway, all these theories are ancient ways of explaining all those things people didn't understand, and science tends to explain it all by energies and by the existence of more than 3 dimensions. There are still lots of things that can't be explained, and I'm happy with that since a little "magic" is still surviving and we really need it.

Knowledge stole my faith and I'd really love to believe in all those things. So that's why I don't believe in either option, and why I'd love to.

Carlos, this what we call "Parole sante" I read and reread what u wrote.....I love it.
and happy to see u wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
thabull
first of all i'd like to thank u Enna for once again giving some important "food" to my brain....
well lets c waht we've got here... the eternal issue of devine and how it's expressed when it comes to life and death..... my beliefs are a bit strange. in general my answers to your questions are both "yes". they mix with each other, but they r "yes"....
reading the previous posts, i recon the christian way talking about the Judgement Day (where John's Apocalypse tells us all about) and the (forgive me if i'm wong in the origin) the buddist way of reincarnation (with karma etc....)
if u read careful all the opinions (from people that they believe that something is happening after death) u will realize that all say the same thing in it's raw form by giving to the same noun a different name.... the main point is once again "good" and "bad" (or "evil"....) it's yin yan (to add china in our converation too).
all civilazations and relegions since the beginning of time are in their main points similar....
somebody is talking about "good" people going to "heaven" and bad people going to "hell". somebody else says that good perfect souls leave our planet and the rest stay here for a second chance (even 3rd, 4th, 5th......). does it mean that earth is the "hell"?
your question is strictly connected with life.... and being born..... in fact it's all about the meaning of life..... (even monty Python didn't give a straight answer to that....)
perhaps we exist as a "substance" and sometime we get in flesh and blood in order to achieve the trasformation in a "substance" of a superior for than the one we came for.....
perhaps we originally exist as stardust and we try (through our presence in earth-hell") to become the substance, part of of the superior being or power or whatever anybody wants to call.....
perhaps we are in fact an "allien" form and our presence with human (or animal) form in earth-prison is our doing the time for crimes we have done. whne we find redemption in our eart bodies for our crimes we go back......
in any case, religious or fiction, we hang around in earth (or will be hanging around in the christian teaching) till we get good enough to move to a better place. thinking of this i understand that earth is not a so good place to be......

or all these are thoughts generated by "priests" since the first presence of man in earth, in order for the masses to be controled by the few? cause it's very convenient for the few to use "a higher being" preferably holly, or a final destination that in order to be achieved people must be "good"?

anyhow...... the truth is out there.......

p.s. completing moheeb's comment..... christianity say (in free translation) that when the judgement day comes all human, living and dead, will be judged. the righteous will go to heaven and the evil will go to hell. still everybody will die (with the meaning we use this word today), cause there is no way to be judged if u r alive. heaven and hell are places were souls or energy live.....
till today every human has died except one.... Elias.... he has drawn up to heaven. he will come back in earth during the anticrist rein, when he will also die... (we said that in judgement day everybody must be dead).....

p.s. 1 Rohan talked about the "Law of Conservation of Energy"..... he forgets though about entropy...... and that when energy is transformed it never can be transformed 100% to a single another form. there are always losses (usually in thermal energy). so a question comes to my mind (cause i like rohan's theory)..... what happens to that amount of energy that remains after a transform? and considering that population of earth is constantly rising, where does this energy comes from? (since the "law" says that no energy is lost and no energy is produced from "nothing")
just some "food" for your mind too.... wink.gif wink.gif
casro
QUOTE (mohib-rameen @ Apr 4 2011, 02:17 PM) *
From my side, yes

I totally Agree With U.
povilius
I believe in "Reincarnation" because i have heard some stories about hypnosis, positive scientific tests, kids which knows so much about particular(unknown) dead person (or place where they have been living in their previous life...also the feel of -Déjà vu- (*meaning "already seen" as in "I've seen this all before").
But i don't believe in "life after death"(haven't heard any realistic facts about that)
topmanner1
I believe in life after death and reincarnation,this is my personal view.I hope the following information helps you in some way enna,good luck for your speech.thumbsup.gif

Life After Death
According to Hinduism theory the body is made up of five elements, known as mahabhutas. These are earth, fire, water, air and ether. After the death of a person, elements of the gross body merges into the gross elements of the earth, which are basically the earth, fire, water and air, while the subtle bodies (Jiva constituting prana, manas and vignana ) go to the subtle or ethereal worlds along with the soul. After exhausting karma in each of these planes and shedding the respective bodies there, the soul returns again to earth with a few memories and samskaras of the life to undergo further evolution.

Heaven and hell are just two worlds, which are not necessarily the only places to which human beings go after death. Heavenly or Hell existence is not permanent. It is the karma which is the ultimate deciding factor and it is through karma a person moves in the labyrinth of worlds, till he or she is permanently released into the highest abode of God.

Reincarnation
Coming to reincarnation a soul reincarnates again and again on earth till it becomes perfect and reunites with it Source. During this process the soul enters into many bodies, assumes many forms and passes through many births and deaths. This concept is summarily described in the following verse of the Bhagavad gita:

"Just as a man discards worn out clothes and puts on new clothes, the soul discards worn out bodies and wears new ones."

A human being has to live many lives and under go many experiences before it attains perfection and becomes one with the Divine. The Hindu theory of creation suggests that creation begins when the individual souls becomes separated from the undifferentiated One. It continues as the evolution of life and consciousness in matter progresses. During this process some of souls journey back to God through the transformation of matter in which they were hidden. The remaining souls continue their existence and rejoin him in the end, not through transformation but through a process of great destruction. Thus the great cycle of creation, stretching over millions of years, comes to its logical end.

Depending upon the merits of the previous deeds, a being may evolve into higher life forms or regress temporarily into a lower life form. However, due to some peculiar circumstances, if an individual takes birth as a lower life form, he can still reverse the process. He can change his present actions and establish a basis for his forward movement again.

That the theory of reincarnation is not a mere theory, but an actual fact is being now established beyond reasonable doubt. Many instances have now come to light where individuals were able to recollect their past lives through a process of regression or by other means. The theory still baffles many, while many others refuse to acknowledge it because of intense prejudice.
rohan89devil
omg!!! wow.gif

You guys have given such amazing descriptions clapping.gif10.gif

Although I stick to my belief, I'd still like to append some stuff smile.gif

Here are some teachings of The Bhagvad Gita that are related to life after death and reincarnation smile.gif

"Na jayate mriyate va kadachin
Nayam bhootva bhavati va na bhuyaha,
Ajo nityaha shashwatoyam purano
Na hanyate hanyamane shareerey"

Chapter 2 : Quote 20

It means that "The Soul is never born nor it dies. It never takes birth, it never did, it never will. It is unborn and has been in the world since a long time. It does not die with the termination(death) of the body."

"Vasansi jirnani yatha vihaya
Navin gruhati naroparani,
tatha sharirani vihaya jirnanya-nyani
Samyati navin dehi"

Chapter 2 : Quote 22

"Just the way we, humans, reject our old clothes and take up new clothes, the same way, the soul rejects the old and useless body and takes up a new and a better body."

"Nainam chindanti shastrani, nainam dahati pawakaha.
Na chainam cledayantyapo na shoshayati marutaha"

Chapter 2 : Quote 23

"The soul can never be destroyed by weapons nor can it be burnt by fire. Neither can it be dissolved in water nor can it be sucked-in by the air."

Gatosuso
Carlos, this what we call "Parole sante" I read and reread what u wrote.....I love it.
and happy to see u

I'm glad to see you liked my answer, and I'm very happy to see u too!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

p.s. 1 Rohan talked about the "Law of Conservation of Energy"..... he forgets though about entropy...... and that when energy is transformed it never can be transformed 100% to a single another form. there are always losses (usually in thermal energy). so a question comes to my mind (cause i like rohan's theory)..... what happens to that amount of energy that remains after a transform? and considering that population of earth is constantly rising, where does this energy comes from? (since the "law" says that no energy is lost and no energy is produced from "nothing")
just some "food" for your mind too....

That's a very good point. The Earth's population have been always increasing. If energy is supposed to remain constant, that means that there's a "Soul factory" somewhere creating new souls from other kinds of energy (otherwise there would be more people than souls), or maybe in the beginning a lot of spare souls were made, and they're waiting for their time to come to Earth stored like bullets in a gun. I'm not convinced by either of my own explanations so I'll give up on this one laugh.giflaugh.gif

I believe in "Reincarnation" because i have heard some stories about hypnosis, positive scientific tests, kids which knows so much about particular(unknown) dead person (or place where they have been living in their previous life...also the feel of -Déjà vu- (*meaning "already seen" as in "I've seen this all before").

Yes, I've seen those documentaries too and I must admit I'm puzzled by them. I can explain a lot of these "phenomena" via physics or chemistry (déjà vu is a chemical malfunction in the brain that makes it feel like the incoming info isn't new, so you have that "already seen" feeling), but I haven't found an explanation for regressions.

I'm starting to think that maybe things are just as they seem, and our physical rules can't apply on things we aren't ready to understand. blink.gif
We must bear in mind that we are just humans with a cartesian mind, educated in old rules of cause and effect and surrounded by things we can't even see. I think there are things that can't be explained with our limited minds and narrow way of thinking, and life would be very boring if there was an explanation to all mysteries...
rohan89devil
QUOTE (thabull @ Apr 4 2011, 07:47 AM) *

Great thoughts Alex clapping.gif Now this one is a great point to ponder on thumbsup.gif

By the way I did not forget about entropy, I just felt lazy and didn't mention it laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Hmmm...to think about it, and its just my thought, they say that people had heightened senses in the olden times and there are stories of deities having supernatural powers, for example, the Greek gods, Indian gods and other mythological figures. I think that with the increase in population, the powers got distributed among the living beings and now we have reached a point where nobody possesses any such powers because it has been diluted with the colossal census.

Now that I've re-read what I've written, it sounds loony laugh.gif
mohib-rameen
Enna i think this will help you lot.
Life after death According to Islam
Muslims believe that the present life is a trial in preparation for the next realm of existence. When a Muslim dies, he or she is washed and wrapped in a clean, white cloth (usually by a family member) and buried after a special prayer, preferably the same day. Muslims consider this a final service that they can do for their relatives and an opportunity to remember that their own existence here on earth is brief.

The question of whether there is life after death does not fall under the jurisdiction of science, as science is concerned only with classification and analysis of sense data. Moreover, man has been busy with scientific inquiries and research, in the modern sense of the term, only for the last few centuries, while he has been familiar with the concept of life after death since time immemorial.
All the Prophets of God called their people to worship God and to believe in life after death. They laid so much emphasis on the belief in life after death that even a slight doubt in it meant denying God and made all other beliefs meaningless.

The very fact that all the Prophets of God have dealt with this metaphysical question of life after death so confidently and so uniformly - the gap between their ages in some cases, being thousands of years - goes to prove that the source of their knowledge of life after death as proclaimed by them all, was the same, i.e. Divine revelation.

We also know that these Prophets of God were greatly opposed by their people, mainly on the issue of life after death, as their people thought it impossible. But in spite of opposition, the Prophets won many sincere followers.

Surely God will raise all the dead. But God has His own plan of things. A day will come when the whole universe will be destroyed and then the dead will be resurrected to stand before God. That day will be the beginning of a life that will never end, and on that day every person will be rewarded by God according to his or her good or evil deeds.

The explanation that the Quran gives about the necessity of life after death is what the moral consciousness of man demands. Actually, if there is no life after death, the very belief in God becomes meaningless or even if one believes in God, it would be n unjust and indifferent God, having once created man and now not being concerned with his fate.

Surely, God is just. He will punish the tyrants, whose crimes are beyond count - having tortured and killed hundreds or thousands of innocent people, created great corruption in society, enslaved numerous persons to serve their whims, etc., because man has a very short life span in this world and because numerous individuals are affected by one’s actions, adequate punishments and rewards are not possible in this life. The Quran very emphatically states that the Day of Judgment must come and that God will decide the fate of each soul according to his or her record of deeds:

But those who disbelieve say, “The Hour (i.e. the Day of Judgment) will not come to us.” Say, “Yes, by my Lord, it will surely come to you. [God is] the Knower of the unseen.” Not absent from Him is an atom’s weight within the heavens or within the earth or [what is] smaller than that or greater, except that it is in a clear register - That He may reward those who believe and do righteous deeds. Those will have forgiveness and noble provision. But those who strive against Our verses [seeking] to cause failure (i.e. to undermine their credibility) - for them will be a painful punishment of foul nature.
(Quran, 34:3-5)

The Day of Resurrection will be the Day when God’s attributes of Justice and Mercy will be in full manifestation. God will shower His mercy on those who suffered for His sake in the worldly life, believing that an eternal bliss was awaiting them. But those who abused the bounties of God, caring nothing for the life to come, will be in the most miserable state. Drawing a comparison between them, the Quran says:

Then is he whom We have promised a good promise which he will meet [i.e. obtain] like he for whom We provided enjoyment of worldly life [but] then he is, on the Day of Resurrection, among those presented [for punishment in Hell]?
(Quran, 28:61)

The Quran also states that this worldly life is a preparation for the eternal life after death. But those who deny it become slaves of their passions and desires, making fun of virtuous and God-conscious persons.

Such persons realize their folly only at the time of their death and wish to be given a further chance in the world but in vain. Their miserable state at the time of death, and the horror of the Day of Judgment, and the eternal bliss guaranteed to the sincere believers are very clearly and beautifully mentioned in the following verses of the Quran:

[For such is the state of the disbelievers], until, when death comes to one of them, he says, “My Lord, send me back that I might do righteousness in that which I left behind (i.e. in that which I neglected).” No! It is only a word he is saying; and behind them is a barrier until the Day they are resurrected. So when the Horn is blown, no relationship will there be among them that Day, nor will they ask about one another. And those whose scales are heavy [with good deeds] - it is they who are the successful. But those whose scales are light - those are the ones who have lost their souls, [being] in Hell, abiding eternally. The Fire will sear their faces, and they therein will have taut smiles (i.e. their lips having been contracted by scorching until the teeth are exposed).
(Quran, 23:99-104)

God states in the Quran about the events of the Day of Judgment:

Then when the Horn is blown with one blast, and the earth and the mountains are lifted and leveled with one blow [i.e. stroke] - Then on that Day, the Occurrence [i.e. Resurrection] will occur, And the heaven will split [open], for that Day it is infirm (i.e. weak, enfeebled and unstable). And the angels are at its edges. And there will bear the Throne of your Lord above them, that Day, eight [of them]. That Day, you will be exhibited [for judgment]; not hidden among you is anything concealed (i.e. any person or any secret you might attempt to conceal). So as for he who is given his record in his right hand, he will say, “Here, read my record! Indeed, I was certain that I would be meeting my account.” So he will be in a pleasant life - In an elevated Garden, Its [fruit] to be picked hanging near. [They will be told], “Eat and drink in satisfaction for what you put forth (i.e. literally, advanced in anticipation of reward in the Hereafter) in the days past.” But as for he who is given his record in his left hand, he will say, “Oh, I wish I had not been given my record, and had not known what is my account. I wish it [i.e. my death] had been the decisive one (i.e. ending life rather than being the gateway to eternal life). My wealth has not availed me. Gone from me is my authority.” [God will say], “Seize him and shackle him. Then into Hellfire drive him. Then into a chain whose length is seventy cubits insert him.” Indeed, he did not used to believe in God, the Most Great.
(Quran, 69:13-33)

there are very convincing reasons to believe in life after death:

1) All the Prophets of God have called their people to believe in it.

2) Whenever a human society is built on the basis of this belief, it has been the most ideal and peaceful society, free of social and moral evils.

3) History bears witness that whenever this belief is rejected collectively by a group of people in spite of the repeated warning of the Prophet, the group as a whole has been punished by God even in this world.

4) Moral, aesthetic and rational faculties of man endorse the possibility of the life after death.

5) God’s attributes of Justice and Mercy have no meaning if there is no life after death.

thump_rockstar
Hey there Kewly byebye.gif Well here is a summary of what wud i say:

Link1

Link2
kewlone
OMGosh you guys are awesome wow.gif

@ Alex i know you vented out a bit today laugh.gif wow.gif perfect i can add it in my speech thumbsup.gif one para wouldnt hurt laugh.gif

@ Mohib , thanks a million BF wow.gif thats super awesome thumbsup.gif

@ Topmanner WOW its simply perfect job thumbsup.gif

@ Rohan >>> a quick question are there more than one versions of Gita in your religion unsure.gif thats amazing piece of info!

@ Carlos thanks for giving a different aspect of it and also that i can include it in my speech thumbsup.gif

@ Orietta thank you gf wub.gif

@ Thump you are amazing , thank you wub.gif

@ povy thank you buds , is there any link to the proof unsure.gif i want to study more before i speak thumbsup.gif

Thank you all for helping me find my way wow.gif i couldnt even write specific purpose but now i am very confident that i got alot to share , all becoz of you guys notworthy.gif

it sounds supernatural isnt it Rohan laugh.gif but i have to share this with you all, in my medical class (surgical terminology) while doing neurology our professor said that near death ,due to chemical imbalance or neurons not working the person starts hallucinating, this is medical or scientific reason , but she said her mom (right before her death) told her that she is seeing god and pointing at him too. another girl from the class told when her grandma was dying saw a soul/spirit in the room too few minutes after that she died. also my great grandma before she died said she got food from an angel and that the food was from heaven surrender.gif we all thought that its hallucination but all these incidents are similar in nature , as i was reading Bible , Koran all have it about life after death and the angels involved unsure.gif

so somehow i feel personally that it does point out to a life after the Earth/Universe ends , not just one life , its that correct unsure.gif
X-Woman
Hi dear,

Well i dont believe in such beliefs!
I respect others idea, but i dont think that we die and have a soul. We are made of matter and die as a matter!
wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif
jaimebautista09
yes
yes
jolansky
i am not a Hindu but i believe both in reincarnation and/or life after death

though i am not in a position to explain this

in my opinion,,,both terms are similar

According to the Hindu religious and philosophical concepts, man is composed of two fundamental principles opposed to each other per nature: one spiritual, the soul (atman), and the other material, the body (sarira). The atman is eternal, immutable, not born, not created, indestructible; instead, the body is temporal, created, mutable, destructible. The union between atman and body is not essential, but is accidental It is a type of imprisonment or a penalty which the atman has to undergo due to avidya and karma, to which it is associated from all eternity. Avidya and karma are two basic presuppositions of Hinduism. They have no beginning because they did not have a beginning. It is therefore a truth that transcends every intellectual explanation.

The nature of birth, that is, the condition of the body to which the atman gets united, depends on karma. Karma (Pali, Kamma, Tib., las; Chin., yeh or yin-k1lo; Jpn., go or inga), based on the Sanskrit verbal root he, signifies action, every sort of action, whether good or bad, meritorious or non-meritorious, religious or worldly; here, however, karma signifies the moral debit of the actions which one has done. Every action inevitably produces its own fruit (phala), and the subject (actor) has necessarily to experience all the consequences of his own actions. A person's behavior leads irrevocably to an appropriate reward or punishment commensurate with that behavior.6 It is the inevitable law of retribution or the law of karma. It is the law of cause and effect applied to the life of every individual, law according to which every one gathers the fruit of what one has sowed or undergoes the effect of his own actions.

The effects of all the actions which a person does cannot be experienced (lived) during one single existence, because while the subject (actor) experiences the fruit of some act, does other actions in the meantime, and therefore gains new fruits which have to be exper~enced. From this fact is deduced that the atman (soul) has to be reborn repeatedly. So it is believed that the soul from all eternity is undergoing birth and rebirth due to this inviolable law of karma. Thus is born the doctrine of the transfiguration of the soul. It is a corollary of the doctrine of karma.

......quoted.......
technokid1974
I am Christian Orthodox and my belief is as Jesus teach us do good on this earth as the teachings of God say to do we will
be awarded when the time will come to leave this fake world and go to heaven but 4 the bad evil people on this world there reword will be hell
burn in fire for ever even the evil the devil him self when the time of judgement time comes they them self will burn in hell for ever and ever...

i cant see how we come on this earth 4 no reason coz if there was no reason no point on doing good just party get drunk sex just have fun till
we die but knowing there is something waiting 4 us after our time comes to leave this place so by this makes us do good but its as shame people
think this world is the glory so they kill steel greed power and forget that the evil side is playing games with there heads so they lose out and go to hell
and never see the beautiful place in heaven...

so my answer is BIG yes i truly believe in Life After Death......
christina86
I never really came to think about life after death or reincarnation, but I don't really believe in them, so it 's a no for both questions.
Defil3d
Life after death, yes. I do believe in a couple theories. Firstly, in a religious sense, I believe you will either go to Heaven or Hell, depending on your walk with God, or how much you sin. My other theory is, when you die, your soul is "free", and is now able to roam, or explore the Earth, and the Universe as far as it goes. With this theory, I believe that you will be able to communicate and cooperate with other "freed souls". - Getting back to the religious part, I also think that living down here on Earth in flesh and blood, is training and preparing us for what will be next, after death.

Reincarnation, although I'm not as too believed in this, I do rather think it could be possible. What I think is, when you die, you will start a new life, with what you were wanting the most with, out of your previous life. I'll explain this better. Say right now, you wish you were smarter, or better looking, or more witty, or rich, well that is what you will get in your next life, or maybe not, it could turn out to be the total opposite of what you were wanting, like Karma. When I was young, I had the thought of, when you die, you get to pick what you want to be next.. another person, or an animal, or reptile, whatever you wanted. But that is most likely not the case.
akrmony
QUOTE (rohan89devil @ Apr 4 2011, 06:20 PM) *
QUOTE (kewlone @ Apr 4 2011, 06:45 AM) *

Didn't get you??? unsure.gif

Hi kewlone...a firm NO from my side.
jaimebautista09
why? wallbash.gif
rohan89devil
QUOTE (kewlone @ Apr 4 2011, 12:41 PM) *
@ Rohan >>> a quick question are there more than one versions of Gita in your religion unsure.gif thats amazing piece of info!

The Gita is originally in Sanskrit and has no versions as such. Its just that people have interpreted it in different ways and in different languages. Gita is actually the conversation between Krishna and Arjuna before the battle of Mahabharata. According to the Mahabharata, before the battle, Arjuna was feeling terrible about fighting his own family. So, Krishna gave him the teachings about life and death and these teachings are the ones given in the Gita. smile.gif

QUOTE (kewlone @ Apr 4 2011, 12:41 PM) *
it sounds supernatural isnt it Rohan laugh.gif but i have to share this with you all, in my medical class (surgical terminology) while doing neurology our professor said that near death ,due to chemical imbalance or neurons not working the person starts hallucinating, this is medical or scientific reason , but she said her mom (right before her death) told her that she is seeing god and pointing at him too. another girl from the class told when her grandma was dying saw a soul/spirit in the room too few minutes after that she died. also my great grandma before she died said she got food from an angel and that the food was from heaven surrender.gif we all thought that its hallucination but all these incidents are similar in nature , as i was reading Bible , Koran all have it about life after death and the angels involved unsure.gif

so somehow i feel personally that it does point out to a life after the Earth/Universe ends , not just one life , its that correct unsure.gif

Even I've heard about such instances smile.gif Some say they see bright light, some say that they can see god extend his hand towards them etc.

I too do believe that something mystical happens when a person dies smile.gif

My grandparents, both maternal and paternal, died in their sleeps, peacefully So I don't know what they saw smile.gif
rohan89devil
QUOTE (thabull @ Apr 4 2011, 06:47 AM) *

I thought about it a lot and I think I've come to a great scientific conclusion thumbsup.gif

"The Food Chain"

The energy keeps on getting transferred through out the food chain thumbsup.gif

Now let's elaborate this a bit...

Let's say a human being dies, the energy it had gets distributed among the plants, the microorganisms and other beings as well. With time, they give birth to off-springs, i.e., fruits from plants/trees give birth to another seedling of the same type and microorganisms keep on multiplying continuously. Now, these are consumed by some other living being and so on...

And the question of the population explosion can be answered by the fact that as the human population is rising, the animals and trees are continuously decreasing due to the cutting of the forests and various other ways hence it is a counterbalancing act of nature.

CLEOPATTRA
don't suport such beliefs...don't blame others if they wanna believe it.................

THIS AND NOW IS ALL YOU GOT. rockon.gif
manola2
well... two times yes from me smile.gif
i dont know why...i cant explain it..i just WANT to believe that our life will not over like a game on pc wink.gifsmile.gif
and what is a real faith? its belief in something you cant see, nor explain..without proofs:)
thabull
QUOTE (rohan89devil @ Apr 4 2011, 07:14 PM) *
By the way I did not forget about entropy, I just felt lazy and didn't mention it laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (mohib-rameen @ Apr 4 2011, 08:03 PM) *
there are very convincing reasons to believe in life after death:

1) All the Prophets of God have called their people to believe in it.

2) Whenever a human society is built on the basis of this belief, it has been the most ideal and peaceful society, free of social and moral evils.

3) History bears witness that whenever this belief is rejected collectively by a group of people in spite of the repeated warning of the Prophet, the group as a whole has been punished by God even in this world.

4) Moral, aesthetic and rational faculties of man endorse the possibility of the life after death.

5) God’s attributes of Justice and Mercy have no meaning if there is no life after death.

with all the respect mo, (cause we r entering religion issues here and i really don't want to be disrespectful to any religion) some thoughts.....
first of all, i hope that u know how many similarities Koran and the Bible have (i mean the two religions). sometimes, i feel that the only difference is that they give to the supreme being a different name... (but this is another discussion). so i'd like to say some thoughts on your conincing reasons.....
all the reason u gave are included to the 5th one.if u believe in god, u believe in life after death...... there is no explanation, there can be no explanation in this.....
we r just talking here about our beliefs....... and belief has nothing to do with proof
as for the others i have many reasonable answers (like if i don't believe in koran or bible who tells me that the prophets are right and i can name u many great crimes that society did in the name of religion)

QUOTE (rohan89devil @ Apr 5 2011, 07:51 AM) *
QUOTE (thabull @ Apr 4 2011, 06:47 AM) *
p.s. 1 Rohan talked about the "Law of Conservation of Energy"..... just some "food" for your mind too.... wink.gif wink.gif

I thought about it a lot and I think I've come to a great scientific conclusion thumbsup.gif

"The Food Chain"

The energy keeps on getting transferred through out the food chain thumbsup.gif

Now let's elaborate this a bit...

Let's say a human being dies, the energy it had gets distributed among the plants, the microorganisms and other beings as well. With time, they give birth to off-springs, i.e., fruits from plants/trees give birth to another seedling of the same type and microorganisms keep on multiplying continuously. Now, these are consumed by some other living being and so on...

And the question of the population explosion can be answered by the fact that as the human population is rising, the animals and trees are continuously decreasing due to the cutting of the forests and various other ways hence it is a counterbalancing act of nature.

i also thought of that rohan...... and i must say that i agree in the general idea. but we have to include there all elements of this planet (why do we consider plants as part of the energy?) energy is the soul, the material body... everything. in your example u r talking only about the material. i am talking about the souls. so the souls of the animals (taht are getting fewer) transforms to soul in a human form and vise versa.
soul is a unique quantity that distributes or can be distributed itself? (i mean that 1 human will make 1 animal or from i human can be many animals?) and if the 2nd is right does the amount of soul-energy included to a body is related to the size of the body? meaning that 1 human creates 1.000.000 ants and we need 1.000.000.000 ants to create an elephant?
also what happens to the human body that turns to ashes? don't we loose the energy from the material there?
food chain theory in good for the material part, but our main issue here is the spiritual.....
i'm sure u'll come back on that....
i will too... (cause i'm a hurry right now and wrote the first thoughts came to mu mind.....)
KingArian
first one, YES
second, NO

rohan89devil
QUOTE (thabull @ Apr 5 2011, 01:54 AM) *
i also thought of that rohan...... and i must say that i agree in the general idea. but we have to include there all elements of this planet (why do we consider plants as part of the energy?) energy is the soul, the material body... everything. in your example u r talking only about the material. i am talking about the souls. so the souls of the animals (taht are getting fewer) transforms to soul in a human form and vise versa.
soul is a unique quantity that distributes or can be distributed itself? (i mean that 1 human will make 1 animal or from i human can be many animals?) and if the 2nd is right does the amount of soul-energy included to a body is related to the size of the body? meaning that 1 human creates 1.000.000 ants and we need 1.000.000.000 ants to create an elephant?
also what happens to the human body that turns to ashes? don't we loose the energy from the material there?
food chain theory in good for the material part, but our main issue here is the spiritual.....
i'm sure u'll come back on that....
i will too... (cause i'm a hurry right now and wrote the first thoughts came to mu mind.....)

Well...first of all, I think that plants and trees do have souls in them since they do respire, grow and die the same way the other living beings do. Most of us do not think of them as living because they do not move or bleed or speak or have any visible organs etc. They too are made up of cells, just the way we are. Hence, I believe that plants are living and hence have souls. smile.gif

Secondly, I was talking in terms of the number of souls laugh.gif Let us assume that there are about 100 souls in the world (just an assumption laugh.gif tongue.gif ). Now, distribute these 100 souls among the total number of species possible. Here's a pie chart of it to help in illustrating the point more clearly.

Now, consider this, the humans start to mate in excess and produce their younglings at a higher rate than as compared to the death rate, hence, needing more land to live and consuming more food. To live, they cut down the forests hence, many animals and plants/trees die due to this. Also, the humans consume trees and plants for wood, food and other necessities and also consume the animals for food, leather etc. Now if we take a look at the pie chart, it will look something like this :-

Hence, the number of souls are still 100 but the ratio among the various species has changed. smile.gif

Now imagine this in real life scenario, there must be trillions of species in total i.e. trillions of souls. Now, the records say that the total human population on earth is approximately 6.8 billion which was approximately 1 billion during the 1800s(again according to the records). Also, if you take a look at the fact that how many species are now extinct.

Hence, the number of souls is still the same. Just the number of species have changed(either increased or decreased) thumbsup.gif
srimunnamunna
QUOTE (topmanner1 @ Apr 4 2011, 08:09 AM) *
I believe in life after death and reincarnation,this is my personal view.I hope the following information helps you in some way enna,good luck for your speech.thumbsup.gif

Life After Death
According to Hinduism theory the body is made up of five elements, known as mahabhutas. These are earth, fire, water, air and ether. After the death of a person, elements of the gross body merges into the gross elements of the earth, which are basically the earth, fire, water and air, while the subtle bodies (Jiva constituting prana, manas and vignana ) go to the subtle or ethereal worlds along with the soul. After exhausting karma in each of these planes and shedding the respective bodies there, the soul returns again to earth with a few memories and samskaras of the life to undergo further evolution.

Heaven and hell are just two worlds, which are not necessarily the only places to which human beings go after death. Heavenly or Hell existence is not permanent. It is the karma which is the ultimate deciding factor and it is through karma a person moves in the labyrinth of worlds, till he or she is permanently released into the highest abode of God.

Reincarnation
Coming to reincarnation a soul reincarnates again and again on earth till it becomes perfect and reunites with it Source. During this process the soul enters into many bodies, assumes many forms and passes through many births and deaths. This concept is summarily described in the following verse of the Bhagavad gita:

"Just as a man discards worn out clothes and puts on new clothes, the soul discards worn out bodies and wears new ones."

A human being has to live many lives and under go many experiences before it attains perfection and becomes one with the Divine. The Hindu theory of creation suggests that creation begins when the individual souls becomes separated from the undifferentiated One. It continues as the evolution of life and consciousness in matter progresses. During this process some of souls journey back to God through the transformation of matter in which they were hidden. The remaining souls continue their existence and rejoin him in the end, not through transformation but through a process of great destruction. Thus the great cycle of creation, stretching over millions of years, comes to its logical end.

Depending upon the merits of the previous deeds, a being may evolve into higher life forms or regress temporarily into a lower life form. However, due to some peculiar circumstances, if an individual takes birth as a lower life form, he can still reverse the process. He can change his present actions and establish a basis for his forward movement again.

That the theory of reincarnation is not a mere theory, but an actual fact is being now established beyond reasonable doubt. Many instances have now come to light where individuals were able to recollect their past lives through a process of regression or by other means. The theory still baffles many, while many others refuse to acknowledge it because of intense prejudice.

what raj said is true words thumbsup.gif
thump_rockstar
@Kewly-Owing to the sensitive nature of the topic, I guess you should just give the link to this forum to your beloved teacher and let him/her do an analysis on his/her own laugh.gif
rohan89devil
Look at the present results laugh.gif

Life after death

Yes:No - 21:12

Reincarnation

Yes:No - 12:21

haha.gif tongue.gif
kewlone
@ Thump hahahahahaha laugh.gif i am taking the shot of the voting to present it in power point presentation , also i will add what i had said in Taj Mahal Speech thumbsup.gif
Gatosuso
Just a few thoughts...

I've seen reports of those near-death experiences (tunnel vision, the sight of beloved dead relatives, etc). and most of them are easily explained by the increasing lack of oxygen in the brain cortex (anoxia). Under these circumstances the eyes lose the peripheral vision and the brain loses it's chemical balance. As a result, some chemical reactions go wrong and you have no control over your memories, feelings and senses. That's why christians (i. e.) tend to see heaven and angels, while people educated in other religions see other things under those same circumstances. If there were something real to be seen, everybody would see the same, isn't it?

About the "Food chain" idea and it's further development, I must admit I thought of it too, but applied to energy only laugh.giflaugh.gif However, I gave up soon since I realised I was blindly assuming that every single living thing on Earth had a soul, and actually I don't even know if I have one for sure. The same thing happened to the idea applied only to "matter" and the material world. The total amount of "matter" remains constant in a controlled environment, I mean for example in a sealed laboratory. In the real world the universe is constantly adding new mass to the Earth (cosmic dust, meteors, etc) so our first premise is false and there's no point on going forward since we can't say for sure if the universe follow our little rules too...

One more thing... Isn't reincarnation a way to reach perfection (or some kind of reward)? I mean, isn't reincarnation a way to reach eternal life after death? I think believing in reincarnation implies believing in life after death.

BTW I'm not trying to create problems here... just trying to think out loud and share my thoughts. Maybe you can help me with them and reach some conclusions!
kewlone
exactly thats what we studied in terminology class , but i believe where medical or science fails , Nature/God takes His Place thumbsup.gif some things are not explained and cant be understood!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.