Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carbide.ui 5.0 For Series 40 Theming Out
mobile9 Forum > ThemeMaking > Chat, Tutorials & Resources > Tutorials
Bishop_Bacon
A new version of the theming tool for Nokia Series 40 phones has been released. Carbide.ui 5.0 is now based on Eclipse 3.6 (an info which is more likely interesting for developers than for themers). However, Nokia also mini-updated the four associated plug-ins for Carbide.ui which enable theming for the four different types of Series 40 platforms

Series 40 6th Edition Simple UI
Series 40 6th Edition Compact UI
Series 40 6th Edition Lite (Entry) UI (for a bunch of new phones with a 128x160 pixel screen, e.g. C1-01, C1-02, C2-00)
Series 40 6th Edition, Feature Pack 1 Touch and Type UI (Nokia X3-02 and Nokia C3-01 so far)

so that you can now customize the "stores" icon: Download.

Still no plug-in for 320x240 landscape themes, though. sad.gif

For Series 60 themers, there's now a plug-in for Carbide.ui 3.0 ("Carbide.ui Symbian" in the download menu) which enables theming for the Nokia N8: Download.

Happy theming!
ArthurWill
Thanks for the update, BB. thumbsup.gif It looks pretty confusing ... which reminds me to take a look at our gallery of S40 themes & work it out accordingly ... ouch! But excited in a way to see more coming for S40. clap.gif
imsagi
thank you so much bb
eliasjan
QUOTE (Bishop_Bacon @ Dec 6 2010, 12:59 AM) *
A new version of the theming tool for Nokia Series 40 phones has been released. Carbide.ui 5.0 is now based on Eclipse 3.6 (an info which is more likely interesting for developers than for themers). However, Nokia also mini-updated the four associated plug-ins for Carbide.ui which enable theming for the four different types of Series 40 platforms

Series 40 6th Edition Simple UI
Series 40 6th Edition Compact UI
Series 40 6th Edition Lite (Entry) UI (for a bunch of new phones with a 128x160 pixel screen, e.g. C1-01, C1-02, C2-00)
Series 40 6th Edition, Feature Pack 1 Touch and Type UI (Nokia X3-02 and Nokia C3-01 so far)

so that you can now customize the "stores" icon: Download.

Still no plug-in for 320x240 landscape themes, though. sad.gif

For Series 60 themers, there's now a plug-in for Carbide.ui 3.0 ("Carbide.ui Symbian" in the download menu) which enables theming for the Nokia N8: Download.

Happy theming!

Does It Support S60 Theme Making?
zayedbaloch
Compact UI plug-in version 1.1 provide the option to change Stores icon in menu. But when I changed the icon and complied .nth package file and apply my Nokia C3 its still showing default stores icon. When I checked theme.xml file carbide.ui is not mention the stores script line. I think this is the bug in this latest version plug-in. And still Organizer animated grid icon also not changed. Its very unprofessional and without tested product by Nokia and Carbide.ui Team

I hope Team Carbide.ui resolve these issues in new version. smile.gif

Best Regards;
Kennydante
which carbide theme maker is best for s40th themes?
zayedbaloch
QUOTE (Kennydante @ Apr 7 2011, 12:37 AM) *
which carbide theme maker is best for s40th themes?

Carbide.ui Seires 40 Theme Edition 5.0 is the best for s40 theme. Here is the download link: http://forum.nokia.com/carbideui/
Kennydante
THANKS.
akhilnn
thnx
Kennydante
NICE TOPIC.I THINK 3.3 IS BEST. clap.gif
inakhe
thx for sharing.i do agree that carbide ui 5.0 is the best for s40 phones.
akhilnn
notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
Aleena143
Thanks.
san-sagar
Thanks for the update
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.