Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Feedback / Suggestions
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > Design Challenge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
your_mother
Please post here whatever you feel you have to tell us to make DC a better place. We will then think about it and you'll never hear of us again. laugh.gif

No, seriously, we're quite new at all of this and we gladly hear your suggestions to improve! If you have any questions about DC you can ask them here also. Please don't post any non DC related stuff, you can spam as much as you want in the Topic Threads...
derber
Well, I love the whole concept of this new competition. It's truly amazing, especially that it contains EVERYTHING that has the smallest relationship with graphic designing.
Just wanna ask sth about the competition: Why no trophies will be earned by winning this competition? unsure.gif
Actually among the four competitions that we have now, I think specifically DC should give trophies and more points to winners and participants, as it contains big variety and probably it will be even harder than any of other competitions!
your_mother
Well, there are two reasons for not giving away any trophies:

1. It's not possible in most cases. Trophies can only be earned for files that show up in the gallery. If you create a sig for example you can't upload it to the gallery. It's a technical thing...

2. The competition should mainly be fun and not a fight for trophies. There's no reason for cheating or strange voting in that case. I personally think it's a good thing. smile.gif Competitors will still be able to earn a badge, though, so there's still something to look forward to...

Hope that answered your question!
sp0rtskiller03
no trophies, this will be great. just for those who are not into winning but enhancing and showing their skills.

now, i'm liking this thread.
sp0rtskiller03
actually this page can now be HB. the new HB, DC. coz the concept is the same. i think the HB thread can be replaced with this. there's no point i think in reviving HB since DC is like HB.
CrazEric
I'm glad you like the idea - hope to see you enter often laugh.gif
QUOTE (sp0rtskiller03 @ Dec 1 2010, 03:18 PM) *
actually this page can now be HB. the new HB, DC. coz the concept is the same. i think the HB thread can be replaced with this. there's no point i think in reviving HB since DC is like HB.

Oh I dont know about that ... we can always do with some space to showcase non-winning entries (since most topics wont be going in the gallery) or a place to show some tutorials and resources for designers. And some things can be continued or taken a step further there. People can even "practise" and learn there for difficult topics like making gifts for M9 from scratch? Well what ever you decide to do with HB - I'm sure there will be some complementary things that HB will be able to offer wink.gif
sp0rtskiller03
yeah sure i will be here mostly.

i'm just an assistant of yoyo in HB. and still don't know what to do. i'm just here to help him.
sp0rtskiller03
i just posted 3d. for my topic in request mom. what's missing in my post?
your_mother
It's very clearly stated, that you're not supposed to post comments in this thread, only Requests, that's why I hide it...
sp0rtskiller03
hmmm. i just suggested or requested for a 3D topic. that's what i meant by that.
your_mother
QUOTE (sp0rtskiller03 @ Dec 2 2010, 01:51 PM) *
hmmm. i just suggested or requested for a 3D topic. that's what i meant by that.

laugh.gif laugh.gif I'm sorry then, I thought you said point Nr. 3 would be nice... I will set it on visible again. But can you please edit your post and specify your Request? Like Eric described earlier in the thread... Thanx! Oh, and can you do that also with your other Requests, please?
luvfist
i want to suggest for final thread of DC.
Participant should post in final thread:
1.orignal pic
2.complete signature
What you think managers byebye.gif
your_mother
QUOTE (luvfist @ Dec 5 2010, 10:33 AM) *
1.orignal pic
2.complete signature

I think posting the originals doesn't make much sense in that case, 'cause so many parts of the sigs are made from scratch. The only original I used, for example, was the zombie. And I'm guessing your originals are the two heads on the side...? And if there are any questions about the origin of an entry we still have the right to ask for the psd file.

There will be contests in the future, where you will be required to post the originals, for example if we make a wallpaper competition or something, but most of our topics involve a lot of "making things from scratch", so people won't be able to show any originals.

However, this weeks winner will have to show his/her psd to everybody anyway, because the people have to be able to personalise the file for their own needs (change the user-name, avatar and so on). So I think the originals are really not necessary... smile.gif
luvfist
QUOTE (your_mother @ Dec 5 2010, 05:13 AM) *
QUOTE (luvfist @ Dec 5 2010, 10:33 AM) *
1.orignal pic
2.complete signature

I think posting the originals doesn't make much sense in that case, 'cause so many parts of the sigs are made from scratch. The only original I used, for example, was the zombie. And I'm guessing your originals are the two heads on the side...? And if there are any questions about the origin of an entry we still have the right to ask for the psd file.

There will be contests in the future, where you will be required to post the originals, for example if we make a wallpaper competition or something, but most of our topics involve a lot of "making things from scratch", so people won't be able to show any originals.

However, this weeks winner will have to show his/her psd to everybody anyway, because the people have to be able to personalise the file for their own needs (change the user-name, avatar and so on). So I think the originals are really not necessary... smile.gif

Hmm i guess you'r right mother.
CrazEric
@ luvfist - yes I dont think we need originals for a sig challenge. And it wont be fair to ask for it now in the middle of the contest. But if you or anyone else want to post the image original(s) than thats ok. If you think it can help you decide who to vote for then I dont see a problem with it. However we're not going to tell people now that they must post the originals. We'll leave it up to each individual to decide if it will benefit them or not.

luvfist
QUOTE (CrazEric @ Dec 5 2010, 06:26 AM) *
@ luvfist - yes I dont think we need originals for a sig challenge. And it wont be fair to ask for it now in the middle of the contest. But if you or anyone else want to post the image original(s) than thats ok. If you think it can help you decide who to vote for then I dont see a problem with it. However we're not going to tell people now that they must post the originals. We'll leave it up to each individual to decide if it will benefit them or not.

yes craz contest is better like this i think so there is no need of original(s) as mother said.
so i agree with both of you.
thanks for information. smile.gif
RaganorK
Well well... First congrats to CrazEric and your_mother to open up a new competition arena... I just went through the whole thread.. But felt something missing.. There is no guidelines on how to create the Designs and where.. This something which i felt strongly needed here for the freshers (like me). I dont know from where to start (and how) but i am very excited to take the participation.. I think you should take care of this as early as possible..

MAY THE DESIGN CHALLENGE CREATE HISTORY IN UPCOMING WEEKS !!!!
CrazEric
Thanks Raganork smile.gif
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "guidelines" and "where".
If you mean tutorials then no, we will definitely not have a tutorial section.
We will be doing lots of different kinds of designs and if we had to write tutorials for each type of topic first it would take years to finish. In some cases we will link to tutorials if we have them but mostly it is up to each individual to learn how to use the imaging program of their choice. The skills/techniques and software you need are the same as those used for the TMC, STC and WPC – the only difference is that we will be applying those to things that don’t fit into the M9 galleries
wink.gif
RaganorK
QUOTE (CrazEric @ Dec 7 2010, 02:04 AM) *
We will be doing lots of different kinds of designs and if we had to write tutorials for each type of topic first it would take years to finish. In some cases we will link to tutorials if we have them but mostly it is up to each individual to learn how to use the imaging program of their choice. The skills/techniques and software you need are the same as those used for the TMC, STC and WPC – the only difference is that we will be applying those to things that don’t fit into the M9 galleries
wink.gif

ya.. thats what i was asking.. a little 'tutorial' to 'from-where-to get-start'... i mean, which software to use, what things to keep in mind while creating the designs, do's and dont's, etc etc.. well at least the newcomer will get some hints to how to just kick off their mission, instead of just getting confused and searching everywhere.. (i hope you are getting what i wanna say)..
your_mother
QUOTE (RaganorK @ Dec 7 2010, 12:57 PM) *
QUOTE (CrazEric @ Dec 7 2010, 02:04 AM) *
wink.gif

ya.. thats what i was asking.. a little 'tutorial' to 'from-where-to get-start'... i mean, which software to use, what things to keep in mind while creating the designs, do's and dont's, etc etc.. well at least the newcomer will get some hints to how to just kick off their mission, instead of just getting confused and searching everywhere.. (i hope you are getting what i wanna say)..

Well, as Eric already said: "The skills/techniques and software you need are the same as those used for the TMC, STC and WPC". The most often used programms for design are Photoshop and Gimp, but it's really your choice. There are many options... As for do's and dont's that depends on the topic. I can only quote Eric agian here: "if we had to write tutorials for each type of topic first it would take years to finish". If you have no idea about Photoshop or Gimp at all it would be best to read some beginner tutorials first. Just put "Photoshop Beginner Tutorial" in Google and you will find millions of those. For more detailed information we will try to provide informations when the topic starts. And if there's a very specific question we will try to answer it ourselfes... M9 has a Tutorial Section also, HERE. And I'm sure the people of Hazard Blue would gladly answer questions regarding any Design. Other than that the internet has a ton of information about everything, so I'm sure with a bit of interest it's possible to figure the rest out. byebye.gif
RaganorK
okay.... got that... will not torture you again... tongue.gif
CrazEric
Raganork - I was reading a tutorial last night about something we will be doing in an upcoming challenge – once you’ve worked through that tut I think you should be able to master all the other types of design challenges. But more on that when we get to that specific challenge wink.gif

Everyone – we are looking for ways to make the theme and wallpaper challenges "different" from the other contests – if you have any suggestions about that please share them here smile.gif
sp0rtskiller03
i have a suggestion on how we can help in the TMC and STC.

every 2 weeks there's a topic in TMC and STC, since we make wallpapers, why don't we make a wallpapers for their idle screen depending on their topic of the week.
your_mother
QUOTE (sp0rtskiller03 @ Dec 8 2010, 04:48 PM) *
i have a suggestion on how we can help in the TMC and STC.

every 2 weeks there's a topic in TMC and STC, since we make wallpapers, why don't we make a wallpapers for their idle screen depending on their topic of the week.

I actually like the idea very much. thumbsup.gif Could make a very nice topic. I think we will wait a little while longer with making Wallpapers, we don't wanna interrupt WPC, but I can defently imagine to do that one day.
sp0rtskiller03
hehehe. glad u like my idea mom.
mylaraghav
mom and eric

dear onces one small suggestion , better dont close the entry thread as the contest ended

please give time till the voting thread expires so that we can share our thoughts the in last thread about voting , whether you have got our votes perfectly or not

like that dear
your_mother
I closed this thread because I find all the "voted" comments a little senseless. If there's somebody who didn't vote until three or four hours before the voting thread closes I will send a reminder to that person. Let's see what Eric thinks, though, if he'd like to keep the Topic Thread open until voting ended I won't object... Doesn't matter that much to me.
mylaraghav
Thanx for the reply mom notworthy.gif

Waiting for eric rolleyes.gif mf_type.gif
CrazEric
Ok I dont have a problem with keeping it open if that's what most participants would like wink.gif
So let's hear a few more comments from the other particpants ...
if most would like it to stay open then we'll leave it open in the future challenges happy.gif

wait for input from other participants ... tick-tock, tick-tock
findgirl45
ya the topic thread stay opened until the results r announced.imho
mylaraghav
thanx for mom and eric for positive response

love u guys wub.gif wub.gif

sp0rtskiller03
ok with me either to open.
rohan89devil
Should keep the previous thread open until the results are announced thumbsup.gif
your_mother
Ok, in my opinion that's enough responses on that - I really don't expect people to object here. Will keep the Thread open longer next time... smile.gif
kewlone
hey mom and Eric , could I still enter in ET as you closed the other thread ohmy.gif unsure.gif please guide surrender.gif
your_mother
Ooooops!!! Don't know how that happened, but it was an accident. Sorry! Thread is open again now...
CrazEric
Announcement: Voting by DC managers

Due to problems with the voting system we will be making an immediate change to the rules. Up to now the DC managers did not vote when taking part in an attempt to allow participants the freedom to vote without the worry that a manager will be influenced by how others vote. However this rule has proven to be ineffective when there are only a few participants.

When you vote you automatically "loose" one vote since you cannot vote for yourself. When a manager cannot vote he/she actually benefits by not "losing" that vote. By changing the rule we hope to ensure a result that will be fair to everyone.
Therefore the DC managers will now also be required to vote when taking part in a challenge. Whenever possible managers will vote before the other participants so they can’t be influenced by how the other participants voted.

If you have any concerns, problems, questions or opinions about this change in the rules please feel free to voice them here.

BENnGWEN
I don't think its required to vote BEFORE the others, come on! We all are grown up here, so, no MY TOY crybaby.gif MY TOY crybaby.gif cry here laugh.gif tongue.gif
We or rather I can atleast understand that its no influence in voting after watching other's vote, its a game and its your own instinctive judgement to decide who's entry is better than whom, so just chill and vote at your comfortable time, may be during toilet also laugh.gif tongue.gif
Love U Master & Mother wub.gif wub.gif
mylaraghav
well said eric , i am with your decision only notworthy.gif

mylaraghav
@mom and eric

even though this is unfair, i have something to tell you

when seeing all the last three voting results mom won 2 and eric won 1

as you guys are managers and legendary designers i have a small suggestion to make

"mom and eric you guys participate in the competition to show the spirit of participation

but coming in to voting results you guys get back there i mean to say
if

1. managers 78%

2. sham 65%

3. toys 50%

4. evilx 45%

then if you guys step out of it

then

1. sham

2. toys

3. evilx

4. manager

i have pointed this because, you guys are already legendary and mangers and max all the people like your work and vote

for you for sure because they look real awesome notworthy.gif

sorry if i hurt you it is just a small point ,,,

thanx for reading

CrazEric
Ben – yes I agree and I know both Mother and I won’t let ourselves be influenced by how others vote, but we have to try and create an atmosphere where new people (who don’t know us) can feel safe, secure and free to vote without feeling insecure or any kind of pressured or obligation to vote for a manager. And the second thing we must keep in mind is to create rules that will apply to any future managers also – we won’t live forever after all tongue.gif

Myla – mother and I talked about the very same thing just yesterday. But in the end we decided against it since it might lead to people voting for our entries just because it doesn’t matter (and they just want to try and kiss our uhmm "backsides") or they won’t vote for our entries because it would be like wasting a vote. But more importantly (as I was saying to Ben also) we have to keep in mind that we won’t be managing the DC forever and it won’t be fair to any future managers wink.gif
BENnGWEN
@ Eric:
But Master, when u are not given the power as admin and recognition as manager, why do u bother? tongue.gif laugh.gif
Officially, its a contest ruled by managers, isn't it? laugh.gif
So, u are also a normal participant till the time AW gives u admin badge or rather I should say giv RECOGNITION & RESPECT (the correct word) to u for the job thumbsup.gif
Hope u are not taking my words in wrong side, as I never think of insulting u, I love u very very much and more than that I respect u smile.gif
So, its one sort of insult to u by not giving u manager or admin badge thumbsup.gif
Thatz what I think atleast smile.gif
Love U Master wub.gif wub.gif
davis-art
QUOTE (CrazEric @ Jan 9 2011, 01:29 AM) *

Due to problems with the voting system we will be making an immediate change to the rules. Up to now the DC managers did not vote when taking part in an attempt to allow participants the freedom to vote without the worry that a manager will be influenced by how others vote. However this rule has proven to be ineffective when there are only a few participants.

When you vote you automatically "loose" one vote since you cannot vote for yourself. When a manager cannot vote he/she actually benefits by not "losing" that vote. By changing the rule we hope to ensure a result that will be fair to everyone.
Therefore the DC managers will now also be required to vote when taking part in a challenge. Whenever possible managers will vote before the other participants so they can’t be influenced by how the other participants voted.

If you have any concerns, problems, questions or opinions about this change in the rules please feel free to voice them here.

Okay
mylaraghav
QUOTE (CrazEric @ Jan 9 2011, 05:22 PM) *
Myla – mother and I talked about the very same thing just yesterday. But in the end we decided against it since it might lead to people voting for our entries just because it doesn’t matter (and they just want to try and kiss our uhmm "backsides") or they won’t vote for our entries because it would be like wasting a vote. But more importantly (as I was saying to Ben also) we have to keep in mind that we won’t be managing the DC forever and it won’t be fair to any future managers wink.gif

its upto you bro, i just needed give an idea

we respect your decision notworthy.gif
CrazEric
QUOTE (BENnGWEN @ Jan 9 2011, 02:23 PM) *
@ Eric:
But Master, when u are not given the power as admin and recognition as manager, why do u bother? tongue.gif laugh.gif
Officially, its a contest ruled by managers, isn't it? laugh.gif
So, u are also a normal participant till the time AW gives u admin badge or rather I should say giv RECOGNITION & RESPECT (the correct word) to u for the job thumbsup.gif
Hope u are not taking my words in wrong side, as I never think of insulting u, I love u very very much and more than that I respect u smile.gif
So, its one sort of insult to u by not giving u manager or admin badge thumbsup.gif
Thatz what I think atleast smile.gif
Love U Master wub.gif wub.gif

No there's a reason behind it - you will find out by the end of the month wink.gif
In the mean time I have given myself a managers badge
devil2.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (davis-art @ Jan 9 2011, 02:26 PM) *
Okay

Now that is a deep, well thought out and complicated response! laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (mylaraghav @ Jan 9 2011, 02:44 PM) *
its upto you bro, i just needed give an idea

we respect your decision notworthy.gif

Okay thumbsup.gif

Since there seems to be no major objection or unhappiness about the change I will consider this discussion over. Thanks for your responses.
notworthy.gif
sonyd
QUOTE (CrazEric @ Jan 8 2011, 09:29 PM) *

Next time, pleasssssssssse cut a little, I'm to lazy to readlaugh.gif
your_mother
QUOTE (CrazEric @ Jan 9 2011, 01:57 PM) *
Since there seems to be no major objection or unhappiness about the change I will consider this discussion over. Thanks for your responses. notworthy.gif

But I didn't write my opinion yet... sad.gif ........................ laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
mylaraghav
QUOTE (CrazEric @ Jan 9 2011, 01:57 PM) *
Since there seems to be no major objection or unhappiness about the change I will consider this discussion over. Thanks for your responses. notworthy.gif

you are most welcome uncle

QUOTE (your_mother @ Jan 9 2011, 09:04 PM) *
But I didn't write my opinion yet... sad.gif ........................ laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

mama waiting for reply

davis-art
QUOTE (CrazEric @ Jan 9 2011, 05:57 PM) *
QUOTE (davis-art @ Jan 9 2011, 02:26 PM) *
Okay

Now that is a deep, well thought out and complicated response! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Hahaaa... you read in my mind, Eric laugh.gif
your_mother
QUOTE (mylaraghav @ Jan 10 2011, 07:32 AM) *
mama waiting for reply

It was just a joke. Of course Eric and me talked about that before... happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.