Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Symbian Theme Contest 45 - Silhouette
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > ThemeMaking Competition > Symbian Theme Contest
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
ArthurWill
It's now STC 45! Can you believe it? Just 5 more STC and we will hit the 100 weeks of competition mark. Thanks all for your support week after week. Till today, I'm extremely grateful that STC lasted for so long. notworthy.gif Alright so what we are doing this week? Something amazing that we have never done before. Yes, you hear me right. Read on!

Topic: Silhouette
Description (from Wikipedia): A silhouette is the image of a person, an object or scene consisting of the outline and a featureless interior.

If you are new, please read & understand the updated Rules and Guidelines for this contest

A final entries thread will be opened shortly where you place your finalized theme previews. Once posted in final entries, you cannot alter them at all. Deadline for final entries will be Monday, 6th December, 0300 GMT.

In this thread you can post your work in progress to receive comments and suggestions from others and also give your comments on others work too.

If you have any other question, feel free to post them here and we will try to help. If you know themers (S60, Series 40, UIQ) who might be interested in joining us for some fun, please tell them & provide them with a link to this thread. Thank you for helping to keep STC alive.

Confirmed participants:
1. krish_nank
2. swt_capri
3. AbeyAbrahamJohn (please make sure you don't vote for yourself again this time. Else you will be disqualified.)
4. Asad_rider
5. jagjit639
6. sp0rtskiller03
7. xailin
8. _anuj_
9. thabull
10. neda_a25
11. protsenko2006
12. gemini7010
13. Galina53
14. dar777ina
15. akhilgreens
16. shubhamahajan21
17. primavera77
18. sam1374
19. prnv
20. Alright, I love blackie, put me in please!
21. ?
22. ?
23. ?
ArthurWill
Just so you know ... the inspiration came from Eric! He suggested silhouette Halloween but I think the topic can be pretty interesting when it's done standalone. So I reserve it till today. Thanks Eric! You are the man. notworthy.gif
krish_nank
I am in dear......... now it has become tough winning bronze in STC43........ sad.gif mad.gif

Have to try very hard now..... flex.gif weightlift.gif showoff.gif mf_type.gif
ArthurWill
@krish_nank
Hahaha, that's the price you have to pay after graduating from toothy. Want me to remove the bronze? haha.gif Good to have you joining again, mate. Not so long ago it was BB who make me keep visiting their themes & add to fav, then we have Joelke, then Travis, then now you and Anuj. It's getting very very interesting! clap.gif
swt_capri
count me in sad.gif
ArthurWill
@swt_capri
Oh no, that's a pretty sad face, Samina. I can understand that very well. Don't have anything to say, except telling myself = we need to make this STC better & more enjoyable to all participants. It's good to see you joining again, Samina. thumbsup.gif I can't really imagine a week without seeing you. It happens before and it felt weird. It's like some part of STC is missing.
AbeyAbrahamJohn
Me too
Asad_rider
Count me in sad.gif
jagjit639
count me in
sp0rtskiller03
i'll enter so that maybe again my toothy will now end. hehehe
xailin
I am in ... smile.gif
_anuj_
I will try as well, things are busy for me lately, but a try to do a little bit every night

@AW, do you think it will be ok to use a wall that has been used in a previous stc competition, Im sure you will recgonize the image I hope to use

Hope this will be ok.......
thabull
very exciting topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@anuj...... yes u can use it..... poupi (i think) made a beautiful theme with that and i know u will too.... the rules say "not the same theme"... they don't say "not the same wall". in some stc there have been participants that used the same wally... so i don't c any problem with that... right Pat? wink.gif wink.gif

haven't seen the results yet but i guess (since i read some things here) that i will say...
@krish....... podiums raises the "responisibilty" against the theme users my friend. it's a sweet price that u will have to pay..... wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif
neda_a25
i am in smile.gif

. Being with you my vision is better and also to the many cases I will remember. I am happy I am with you along wub.gif
protsenko2006
Like topic! I am in..
ArthurWill
@_anuj_
Yes the wally is fine! Looking forward to what you will come up with. thumbsup.gif

@sp0rtskiller03
Hehehe then you have to work harder! Krish & Anuj is also looking to break into podium! devil2.gif The best is me, wakaka cause I am so excited that I will be seeing three awesome Series 40 entries again. clap.gif

@thabull
I take that very exciting comment as you are in! haha.gif

@all
If possible, do let us have a sneak peak of which wallpaper you will be working on ya. Hehe can't wait can't wait! notworthy.gif
thabull
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Nov 23 2010, 03:54 PM) *
@thabull
I take that very exciting comment as you are in! haha.gif

can't promise that... u know that i'm always in..... hehehehehehehehe... consider that in last "twin" stc i had decided not to participate cause i couldn't find any "decent" wall that i like..... and last moment i remembered that goofy wall (in which i had to work on) for this one i have something in mind but i have to check it first......
anyway... u can count me in though and we'll c..... (i'll be around anyway..... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif )
ArthurWill
@thabull
I see, there are lots of silhouette wally laying around, just that it's hard to find something that speaks the bull language laugh.gif laugh.gif But I appreciate that. Always exciting to see people putting up some not so conventional wally. thumbsup.gif

Of course you will be around! Else I need to borrow Harry's flying broom to chase you back. And you will pay for the $$$ (broom, personal accident insurance, away leaves ...) tongue.gif
gemini7010
im in too rolleyes.gif
rehankhanfanaa
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Nov 22 2010, 09:11 PM) *

this is the continuation of last post we are discussed in STC 44 Thread

Hey Arthurwill,just think about one M9 user entering the voting booth who can only view the preview images without knowing who created them.Then he/she can evaluate the work efficiently without influenced by the creator's name . If he/she want to know who created that he shoud check all entries in FET. or check the STC thread completely .

In it there is nothig like taking the credits away from the creator bcz the voting booth is exist only for two days.I am suggesting hide creators name only in voting booth. In 'STC Thread' and 'FET' the creator himself posts their entries so there is nothig like taking the credits away from the creator and no need to type their name in preview images

I also want all m9 user comments on it

***Disclaimer: I am a guy with lots of crazy ideas, and this is one of them...[smile.gif]
sp0rtskiller03
@aw - wahahaha.. i'll try something different. since my memory has been upgraded, i am now able to use carbide 3.5 and not anymore the carbide s40. so i will now explore the world of S60. hehehehe
Galina53
I am in byebye.gif
gemini7010
this is the wallpaper i will use cool.gif

thabull
QUOTE (rehankhanfanaa @ Nov 23 2010, 06:15 PM) *
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Nov 22 2010, 09:11 PM) *

this is the continuation of last post we are discussed in STC 44 Thread

Hey Arthurwill,just think about one M9 user entering the voting booth who can only view the preview images without knowing who created them.Then he/she can evaluate the work efficiently without influenced by the creator's name . If he/she want to know who created that he shoud check all entries in FET. or check the STC thread completely .

In it there is nothig like taking the credits away from the creator bcz the voting booth is exist only for two days.I am suggesting hide creators name only in voting booth. In 'STC Thread' and 'FET' the creator himself posts their entries so there is nothig like taking the credits away from the creator and no need to type their name in preview images

I also want all m9 user comments on it

***Disclaimer: I am a guy with lots of crazy ideas, and this is one of them...[smile.gif]

this is a very interesting conversation.... most of the people voting are the contestants. so i guess we r not talking about them (since following the STC thread they already know which theme is created by who....) we r talking only about people who just visit the voting booth in order to vote. lets say i'm one of the visitors. i like to test themes in my phone before i vote and that should be done by all, but this is another discussion). so i will also know who created these themes. so we r talking for even less people's votes..... AW can give us more details, but i think that in last STC there were 21 themes. lets say 30 people voted. half of these extra voters already kow the theming style from most of us. so we r talking about 4 people in the amount of 30.....
is it enough to take all that trouble?
and if e.g. i wanted my friends vote for me couldn't notify them which theme is mine so they will vote it? or my friends would already have dwnload my theme by the time of voting.... and most of the people know my previews' style..... they will also know which one is it if the want to give a "friendly vote".
for me the most important is to have fun, to vote for whichever theme we like best. please don't make me to create 2 different previews ..... wink.gif wink.gif
p.s. please Pat.... move this subject to another thread..... i really love the conversation about this issue, but here is not the place.....

QUOTE (sp0rtskiller03 @ Nov 23 2010, 06:22 PM) *
@aw - wahahaha.. i'll try something different. since my memory has been upgraded, i am now able to use carbide 3.5 and not anymore the carbide s40. so i will now explore the world of S60. hehehehe

good luck with that sporty!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it needs to much work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so what will it be? v3? v5? S^3?

QUOTE (gemini7010 @ Nov 23 2010, 07:41 PM) *

very good sue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
protsenko2006
QUOTE (thabull @ Nov 23 2010, 08:12 PM) *
for me the most important is to have fun, to vote for whichever theme we like best.

Fully agreed!!!

gemini7010, Very beautiful picture!!!!!
ArthurWill
@rehankhanfanaa
I think Alex explained the point to you already & I also replied you before - we are not prepared to make it no fun for 20 people just because of 3 people. If you want to continue this discussion please continue in the following thread. Thanks!

http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?...showtopic=62734

@gemini7010
That's one nice wally, Sue! Looking forward! thumbsup.gif

@Galina53
Great to have you again!

@sp0rtskiller03
Aha, explore S60? That would be pretty interesting.
vigneshjan24
Interesting topic.. I was first participated in STC 44 using my uncle's system. I'm very much interested to participate in 45, but now i dont have own system to do. I'm using to browse in my n70 baby only. Hope i'll get a better opportunity to make silhoutte theme.
dar777ina
QUOTE (gemini7010 @ Nov 23 2010, 11:41 AM) *

Beautiful picture. Forward! Good luck! byebye.gif
fizztone
QUOTE (gemini7010 @ Nov 23 2010, 10:41 AM) *

wow...beautiful scenery...great picture...lukin forward 4 dis theme...
_anuj_
Hi everyone this is my start, im not sure if this is final as im still experimenting, look forward to your feedback.....

xailin
_anuj_, great start !!!!!! wub.gif
gemini7010, very beautiful picture !!!!!! wow.gif
findgirl45
QUOTE (_anuj_ @ Nov 24 2010, 03:16 PM) *
Hi everyone this is my start, im not sure if this is final as im still experimenting, look forward to your feedback.....

sorry to interrupt wink.gif wink.gif nice start bro but i think remove the upper part (status) dont know what is called just remove it.it will look great.its just my opinion smile.gif smile.gif
dar777ina
QUOTE (_anuj_ @ Nov 24 2010, 02:16 AM) *

Good start! Good luck! 10.gif
_anuj_
QUOTE (findgirl45 @ Nov 24 2010, 10:34 AM) *

sorry to interrupt wink.gif wink.gif nice start bro but i think remove the upper part (status) dont know what is called just remove it.it will look great.its just my opinion smile.gif smile.gif

Thanks Sonia, I was thinking that as well, I wasnt really working for me, do you think I should just extend the image to the top of the screen?
findgirl45
QUOTE (_anuj_ @ Nov 24 2010, 04:49 PM) *

Thanks Sonia, I was thinking that as well, I wasnt really working for me, do you think I should just extend the image to the top of the screen?

in which size do u have the image ?
dar777ina
I am in... byebye.gif
_anuj_
QUOTE (findgirl45 @ Nov 24 2010, 11:00 AM) *

I have it in 360x640 so resizing is not a problem, do you think this looks better....

findgirl45
QUOTE (_anuj_ @ Nov 24 2010, 04:31 PM) *

I have it in 360x640 so resizing is not a problem, do you think this looks better....

can u send me the 360x640 one ?
shubhamahajan21
I am in..!
_anuj_
QUOTE (findgirl45 @ Nov 24 2010, 01:18 PM) *
QUOTE (_anuj_ @ Nov 24 2010, 04:31 PM) *

can u send me the 360x640 one ?

Yep of course, Its actully on my guestbook and you can get it of there............
Galina53
My start.

findgirl45
@ Anuj :u can do the same thin as poupi done with it ? sorry for disturbing ur work surrender.gif surrender.gif surrender.gif

_anuj_
QUOTE (findgirl45 @ Nov 24 2010, 01:40 PM) *
@ Anuj :u can do the same thin as poupi done with it ? sorry for disturbing ur work surrender.gif surrender.gif surrender.gif

Thats ok, yes I thought about that but I dont know how to put that shape in photoshop....can you help me?
sp0rtskiller03
@tha and AW - i think it really takes time so ill just stick first with s40. hehehehe. but i will experiment when i have time.
handikap
QUOTE (Galina53 @ Nov 24 2010, 06:44 AM) *
My start.

verry good start Galina like your screensaver!!!!!!!!!! clap.gif
findgirl45
QUOTE (_anuj_ @ Nov 24 2010, 07:55 PM) *

Thats ok, yes I thought about that but I dont know how to put that shape in photoshop....can you help me?

hi anuj bro i have experimented with ur wally and here r few results

ok just made this one

_anuj_
QUOTE (findgirl45 @ Nov 24 2010, 03:28 PM) *
QUOTE (_anuj_ @ Nov 24 2010, 07:55 PM) *

hi anuj bro i have experimented with ur wally and here r few results

They all look really great Sonia, im also experimenting a bit, hopefully by tonight I will have something definate to work on, thanks so much for all your help sis cheers.gif smile.gif
thabull
QUOTE (Galina53 @ Nov 24 2010, 03:44 PM) *
My start.

vert good galina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif can u do anything with the analog clock on top right side or this is deafault and can't be changed?

QUOTE (sp0rtskiller03 @ Nov 24 2010, 04:18 PM) *
@tha and AW - i think it really takes time so ill just stick first with s40. hehehehe. but i will experiment when i have time.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif it takes time sporty... take your time working on s60...... even your s40 themes r masterpieces mate. i know u will amaze us once again....

@hakan... r u participating in this one hakan?
sp0rtskiller03
@tha - someday when i have enough time. study first. hehehe

is this valid guys?
akhilgreens
Lets try.....this is my first time...
I am in
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.