Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Symbian Theme Contest 43 - Harry Potter
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > ThemeMaking Competition > Symbian Theme Contest
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
ArthurWill
Heya STC people! Time flies, it's now nearly November and November is all about MAGIC!

Topic: Harry Potter
Description: Anything Harry Potter is fine. For your information, the Harry Potter 7 movie is coming out early November so naturally the demand for it will be high. So if you are in the spirit of making a theme based on the upcoming movie, we have some awesome official poster for you. We have two sizes you can cropped - suitable for 320px X 320px & suitable for 640px X 640px.

If you are new, please read & understand the updated Rules and Guidelines for this contest

A final entries thread will be opened shortly where you place your finalized theme previews. Once posted in final entries, you cannot alter them at all. Deadline for final entries will be Monday, 8th November, 0300 GMT.

In this thread you can post your work in progress to receive comments and suggestions from others and also give your comments on others work too.

If you have any other question, feel free to post them here and we will try to help. If you know themers (S60, Series 40, UIQ) who might be interested in joining us for some fun, please tell them & provide them with a link to this thread. Thank you for helping to keep STC alive.

Ready to get enrolled into Hogwarts & play? Let's go!!

Question of the week (QOTW): Do you read Harry Potter novel or watch the movie? Let say you have magical skill, what would you like to do with it? Hehehe, can't wait to hear!

Confirmed participants:
1. swt_capri
2. Asad_rider
3. gemini7010
4. kallolsathi
5. jagjit639
6. sonyd
7. srimunnamunna
8. zeinabnaderian
9. sam1374
10. _anuj_
11. sp0rtskiller03
12. magicas1
13. neda_a25
14. bd_tongi
15. xailin
16. fizztone
17. siddeeqi
18. mylaraghav
19. sscob1
20. Gault
21. Branislaw
22. Galina53
23. thabull
24. enroll me into Hogwarts!
25. ?
26. ?
27. ?
swt_capri
count me in again for losing another contest

u hav a Question it is nessasary to choose only from given wallys r we use our choosen wally if we find through serching
ArthurWill
QUOTE (swt_capri @ Oct 26 2010, 05:55 PM) *
u hav a Question it is nessasary to choose only from given wallys r we use our choosen wally if we find through serching

Glad to have you joining, STC won't be the same without your participation week in week out. notworthy.gif You can use any Harry Potter wally, it doesn't have to be those given above. smile.gif smile.gif
Asad_rider
Intresting ...... Okay Count me in wink.gif
gemini7010
im in, and i will use this wall

i never watched Harry Potter so far, and i also never readed a Novel about it whistle.gif 1.gif
hm, magical skill, would be great to have it sometimes let me have it, then i can tell you what i would do with it
kallolsathi
360 * 640 px will be allowed or not?!?
jagjit639
count me in..........I WILL FIGHT TILL THE SUCCESS..smile.gif
Asad_rider
QUOTE (kallolsathi @ Oct 26 2010, 06:06 AM) *
360 * 640 px will be allowed or not?!?

Dear it dosnt matter the wallpaper resolution .... you just have to make the Symbian theme ..... either it's resolution is 360x640 or 240x320...! wink.gif
sonyd
Question of the week (QOTW): Do you read Harry Potter novel or watch the movie? Let say you have magical skill, what would you like to do with it? Hehehe, can't wait to hear!

Only the Movies, laugh.gif About Magical skill: Expecto Patronum, I would use it to kick some bad peoples whip.gif

btw I'm in.
What about this Picture, Harry Potter using Expecto Patronum
srimunnamunna
wow am in byebye.gif let me try something special laugh.gif
zeinabnaderian
hey guys m in 2 how is this?
gemini7010
i changed my mind again laugh.gif now i will use this one, or should there mentioned Harry Potter on the Wall?

sam1374
Gr8 Topic...can i make a wallpaper n use it?
ArthurWill
@gemini7010
Up to you whether you want include the wording in there or not. That scene is where new students move from Hogwarts Express to the Castle right? thumbsup.gif

@sam1374
Sure you can, Sam. smile.gif smile.gif

@zeinabnaderian
Sirius Black!! clap.gif Looking forward.
sp0rtskiller03
cool topic. this is great.
ArthurWill
@Sporty
Joining us this week? I still remember your green Harry Potter S40 theme. thumbsup.gif
_anuj_
Hi everyone, Im not sure If i will be able to complete my theme but if I do This what I will be working on, I made this lastnight using some blending techniques unsure.gif unsure.gif

ArthurWill
@_anuj_
Now I hope you can finish it cause the wallpaper looks great!! wow.gif
sscob1
Cool topic smile.gif
jagjit639
@ _anuj.......very nice wall bro...................

can anyone tell me that which software can i use to take screenshorts of my themes clearly?????????...........plzzz help
_anuj_
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Oct 27 2010, 11:17 AM) *
@_anuj_
Now I hope you can finish it cause the wallpaper looks great!! wow.gif

I hope so too Patricia....... smile.gif

QUOTE (jagjit639 @ Oct 27 2010, 11:54 AM) *

can anyone tell me that which software can i use to take screenshorts of my themes clearly?????????...........plzzz help

Hi That really depends on your theme type ....I mean if you are using Carbide you can just use a screen capture tool and the make your preview from there But carbide does not really mirror the way the theme actully looks on your phone. ......If tou are making a series 40 theme I recommend you download the appropriate sdk emulator or if its series 60 i think there is an application you install on your phone an you can capture screen images.

hope this helps you

nokia emulators
Asad_rider
QUOTE (jagjit639 @ Oct 27 2010, 03:54 AM) *

Follow The _Anuj_ For S40 themes .... butt if you want screen shots of SE themes then I think there is A software for mobile phone to take screen shots .... and if you want Symbian theme Sreen shots the Try Screensnap thumbsup.gif
sp0rtskiller03
@AW - yeah. that's the one i will enter. jowk.hehehehe i'll try to make a better one.
ArthurWill
QUOTE (sscob1 @ Oct 27 2010, 06:39 PM) *
Cool topic smile.gif

Thanks Saby! Glad you like it. notworthy.gif Joining this round?

QUOTE (sp0rtskiller03 @ Oct 27 2010, 10:54 PM) *
@AW - yeah. that's the one i will enter. jowk.hehehehe i'll try to make a better one.

Sure you will! Looking forward to what's coming. thumbsup.gif
magicas1
I am in great topic
magicas1
here is a try suggestions most welcome gathering.gif

thabull
@magicas..... looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

@jagjit.... i c u have a n95 8gb. u can use either screensnap (like asad said) or screenshot (this is what i use in my phone). both of them are symbian applications and u use them in your phone. u can firnd them (at least "screenshot") here in m9 galery in applications for your phone wink.gif wink.gif
using this applications make sure that u save your sceens in .png format to achieve better quality....
krish_nank
QUOTE (magicas1 @ Oct 27 2010, 11:27 AM) *
here is a try suggestions most welcome gathering.gif

Very quick and instant theme.... wonderfully crafted clap.gif clap.gif
swt_capri
@AW HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARTICA many many happy returns of the day sweety

thabull
QUOTE (swt_capri @ Oct 27 2010, 11:15 PM) *
@AW HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARTICA many many happy returns of the day sweety

what a pleasant surpise is that?

HB Pat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
neda_a25
HI. ا Can I also get along?
_anuj_
QUOTE (neda_a25 @ Oct 27 2010, 09:46 PM) *

Yes of course you can, welcome......pleas have a look atthe updated rules and if you have any further questions you can post them here and some one will answer them

stc updated rules
bd_tongi
I am in
xailin
im in, and i will use this wall:

neda_a25
QUOTE (_anuj_ @ Oct 28 2010, 10:37 AM) *
QUOTE (neda_a25 @ Oct 27 2010, 09:46 PM) *

Yes of course you can, welcome......pleas have a look atthe updated rules and if you have any further questions you can post them here and some one will answer them

stc updated rules

Hello and welcome Thanks.

Excuse me. Because the first time that I participate. Should not know the first preview I plan to upload or upload the entire theme, and I put the link here.

Thanks for your help.
magicas1
great wally xailin thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
fizztone
Hey i wana join 2.....
siddeeqi
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Oct 26 2010, 12:23 AM) *
Heya STC people! Time flies, it's now nearly November and November is all about MAGIC!

Topic: Harry Potter
Description: Anything Harry Potter is fine. For your information, the Harry Potter 7 movie is coming out early November so naturally the demand for it will be high. So if you are in the spirit of making a theme based on the upcoming movie, we have some awesome official poster for you. We have two sizes you can cropped - suitable for 320px X 320px & suitable for 640px X 640px.

If you are new, please read & understand the updated Rules and Guidelines for this contest

A final entries thread will be opened shortly where you place your finalized theme previews. Once posted in final entries, you cannot alter them at all. Deadline for final entries will be Monday, 8th November, 0300 GMT.

In this thread you can post your work in progress to receive comments and suggestions from others and also give your comments on others work too.

If you have any other question, feel free to post them here and we will try to help. If you know themers (S60, Series 40, UIQ) who might be interested in joining us for some fun, please tell them & provide them with a link to this thread. Thank you for helping to keep STC alive.

Ready to get enrolled into Hogwarts & play? Let's go!!

Confirmed participants:
1. swt_capri
2. Asad_rider
3. gemini7010
4. kallolsathi
5. jagjit639
6. sonyd
7. srimunnamunna
8. zeinabnaderian
9. sam1374
10. _anuj_
11. sp0rtskiller03
12. magicas1
13. neda_a25
14. bd_tongi
15. xailin
16. enroll me into Hogwarts!
17. siddeeqi
18. ?
19. ?
20. ?

c2d22
Hii
everyone i had made a video tutorial in m9 on how to make bar works like this

Click here
and download the video of 4 mb then extract it
mylaraghav
hii frnd i want to take participation here all i need to know is
here in this contest only 20 people can participate
Asad_rider
QUOTE (mylaraghav @ Oct 29 2010, 04:28 AM) *

Nop Bro i dont think so that only 20 users can participate ..... if you want to participate just Right Here Count me in... the STC manger will write your name In first post ...Hope it can help..
ArthurWill
QUOTE (mylaraghav @ Oct 29 2010, 06:28 PM) *

Asad is right about that. We don't restrict the number of participants. smile.gif You are in!

@Alex @Samina
Thanks for your lovely birthday wishes! notworthy.gif
sscob1
AW I am little busy, may be I will make a s40 theme for this STC, I am not sure till now sad.gif
fizztone
Hey what the process of participating..cuz i hv earlier said tht i wnt 2 join 2..bt i dnt hv ma name in list yet..
imsagi
@AW HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY dear sweet AW

thabull
QUOTE (fizztone @ Oct 29 2010, 05:38 PM) *
Hey what the process of participating..cuz i hv earlier said tht i wnt 2 join 2..bt i dnt hv ma name in list yet..

don't worry... your name will be added there...
but most important is your theme to be shown here.... wink.gif wink.gif and ofcourse in the final thread when it will open sometime next week....
so start theming my friend.... thumbsup.gif
mylaraghav
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Oct 29 2010, 05:17 PM) *
QUOTE (mylaraghav @ Oct 29 2010, 06:28 PM) *

Asad is right about that. We don't restrict the number of participants. smile.gif You are in!

@Alex @Samina
Thanks for your lovely birthday wishes! notworthy.gif

@asad
thanx alot bro

@'arthur
k dear i will waork on it from now
sscob1
I will make a s40 theme for this STC, I am little busy, so I just created the wally, Harry Potter 3d Please check it.

comments are welcome smile.gif
rohitcg5
I'm Joining this week....
xailin
magicas1, nice Theme!!!!!!!!!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

QUOTE (magicas1 @ Oct 28 2010, 09:31 AM) *
great wally xailin thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

thanks! notworthy.gif

sscob1, interesting to get !!!!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

That's my theme ... on the main display and the intro animation to the clock ...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.