Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Banner for Halloween STC
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > ThemeMaking Competition > Symbian Theme Contest
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ArthurWill
Heya STC folks! byebye.gif

By now lots of you already know or can guess that next week we will be running the one and only Halloween STC for year 2010. wow.gif wow.gif To celebrate this special event, I would like to make a banner. Who else can make better banners than you, the super awesome M9ers? We are hoping that those of you who is interested can design one or more banners and then put up for voting. Ready to flex your design skills & give us a hand? Read on!

Deadline: Monday, 11th October, 0300 GMT
Voting: starts together with STC 42 and last for 24 hrs

Size: up to 440px wide

Where it will be used: we will ask participants to put the banner on the description part of their entries. We will also use it to start the Halloween STC topic

Stuff to include in banner:
1. Halloween STC / Halloween Symbian Theme Contest
2. 2010 / '10 (optional)
3. mobile9 / M9 (optional. But I'd be extremely happy if you will put the name of our little community up there)

Be creative, you can even put "I ♥ Halloween STC" "I Dig Halloween STC" "Proud participant of Halloween STC" ... your call!
derber
wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif Sounds sooo cool happy.gif
Would love to be a part of it if I get some time wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif happy.gif
_anuj_
i will try and make something for this as well, already started gathering some images clap.gif
findgirl45
here is my try hope it is good enough............

kashif85
@sonia nice one
sonyd
weightlift.gif Will try

480px x ???px

EDIT: Got it now.
findgirl45
QUOTE (kashif85 @ Oct 7 2010, 10:34 PM) *
@sonia nice one

thanks kashif bro notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
magicas1
Sonia great banner thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif clapping.gif I love the coulours wub.gif

Maybe I should give it a go I have never made a banner laugh.gif
bd_tongi
QUOTE (findgirl45 @ Oct 7 2010, 11:16 PM) *
here is my try hope it is good enough............

sonia sis looks gr8 clap.gif clap.gif
thump_rockstar
QUOTE (findgirl45 @ Oct 7 2010, 10:46 PM) *

Looks awesome, love the font that u used 10.gif
Branislaw
Great banner Sonia!!!! 10.gif
findgirl45
@ magicas @ shawan @ thumpy @ branislaw :thanks to all of you notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
magicas1
here is my try

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
CrazEric
Oh great banners Sonia & Magicas! wow.gif wow.gif
I was starting to think nobody was going make anything laugh.gif

Just a quick 10min try from me. Hopefully I will have more time this weekend rolleyes.gif

PS. love your sig & avatar Sonia .... ice creams ... I want them all!!! crybaby.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
_anuj_
This i what i made........a bit simple

krish_nank
QUOTE (CrazEric @ Oct 7 2010, 03:51 PM) *

Just a quick 10min try from me. Hopefully I will have more time this weekend rolleyes.gif

PS. love your sig & avatar Sonia .... ice creams ... I want them all!!! crybaby.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Simple and awesome....... smile.gif smile.gif
ArthurWill
wow.gif wow.gif Thanks for giving it a go! I keep checking this thread yesterday and was sure no one is going to turn up when I see it's still empty. Who knows after one night of sleep, woke up seeing so many Halllllloween banners! notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

@findgirl45
Nice one Sonia! Love the font and the M9 pattern ... thumbsup.gif

@sonyd
Awesome! Looking forward to your banner. smile.gif smile.gif

@magicas1
Love the copy in it! Evil need candy, STC makes you haunted. laugh.gif

@CrazEric
Yeah, if no one is doing it then my million $$ ice-cream dept is off! haha.gif Love the colors, the halloween font & the wicked 2010! notworthy.gif

@_anuj_
A nice pull off! I am not quite sure about the white Cube & M9 logo ... unsure.gif
findgirl45
QUOTE (CrazEric @ Oct 8 2010, 02:51 AM) *

@ eric :what do think about frog do u want to taste it laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif i think it is more delicious than icecreams...... tongue.gif tongue.gif

@magicas @ anuj @Eric :great banners by all of you. clap.gif clap.gif
kashif85
@CrazEric
nice banner thumbsup.gif
kewlone
WOW this is AWESOME wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif definitely trying something wink.gif

how about this one unsure.gif

BENnGWEN
@ magicas, princess, master, sonia & anuj:
10.gif wow.gif 10.gif AWESOME BANNERS 10.gif wow.gif 10.gif

Edit: What is the size by d way, 440 px by ?? unsure.gif
kewlone
400x400 or less thumbsup.gif
BENnGWEN
QUOTE (kewlone @ Oct 8 2010, 11:02 AM) *
400x400 or less thumbsup.gif

Thanks a lot Princess .... How r u?
kewlone
im great and you wub.gif

how about this one unsure.gif

thump_rockstar
Awesome banners everyone clap.gif 10.gif
@Kewly-I like the first one more but mobile9 placement needs to be worked upon a bit unsure.gif
kewlone
uhmmmm thanks Thumpy thumbsup.gif

how about now:
Mobile9 Spooky Theme Contest thumbsup.gif

or this color

Yoyocell
Nice Pic's By Everyone clapping.gif clap.gif

Well, i'll try to make something thumbsup.gif weightlift.gif weightlift.gif
thump_rockstar
@Kewly-Better than before but I think a little more adjustment is still required. Just a suggestion, the centre of the left hand side can be used or the banner be shifted proportionately a little upward and M9 be added at the bottom right corner unsure.gif
kewlone
how about now thumbsup.gif
thump_rockstar
The first color scheme is the best wink.gif And about the logo placement, keep experimenting more tongue.gif
BENnGWEN
QUOTE (kewlone @ Oct 8 2010, 11:22 AM) *
uhmmmm thanks Thumpy thumbsup.gif

how about now:
Mobile9 Spooky Theme Contest thumbsup.gif

or this color

M fine Princess, thanks for asking .... I love the 2nd one here, u can't claim better, just AWESOME ....
kewlone
ok finalize

plain texts:

straight logo with text effects:

tilted logo with text effects:

or this one with some effects thumbsup.gif

going to bed yawn.gif sleeping.gif
thump_rockstar
First one wink.gif
tinca2
Great banners for m9 clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
Im in notworthy.gif

Here is my banner:

_anuj_
Just tried another one........

magicas1
@ Eric wow.gif wow.gif 10.gif 10.gif wondeful I love the 2010 brilliant idea

@ anuj I like the first one thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

@ Enna first one love the colours and the pumpkins are scary vampire.gif

@ tinca I love it wub.gif wub.gif the bats and the cube in a totally different colour awesome work 10.gif 10.gif clap.gif clap.gif

@ Sonia ,Ben, AW,Eric
Thank you
thump_rockstar
Awesome banners everyone 10.gif

Not a STC participant but I tried something too unsure.gif

injamul_ahmed
Here's my try

Animated

I also made a Flash.. Pls Check it..
Pls Check it
CrazEric
Wow this is more like it! Great to see so many banners, but ....

... did someone move this topic out of the STC into the WPC??? blink.gif
Where are all the other people from STC? surrender.gif Sam? Alex? Steff? Kashif? and and and and ... ? surrender.gif

QUOTE (findgirl45 @ Oct 8 2010, 06:23 AM) *
@ eric :what do think about frog do u want to taste it laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif i think it is more delicious than icecreams...... tongue.gif tongue.gif

No thanks yucky.gif you can keep the frog, I just want the ice creams laugh.gif

And thanks for the comments everyone notworthy.gif
I'm not going to comment since it's really up to the participants from the STC to decide what kind of banner they want to use wink.gif

magicas1
I made an animated version too

liapireas
Wow great banners by all of you, nice idea Patricia !!! wink.gif
Monday is the deadline ? Maybe I will give it a try ....
tinca2
QUOTE (magicas1 @ Oct 8 2010, 10:26 AM) *
I made an animated version too

@magicas GREAT Banner clap.gif 10.gif
@lia you are welcome! clap.gif I wait for your banner notworthy.gif
kewlone
how about this one wink.gif

@ AW i hope idea of spooky qualifies laugh.gif or stick to Symbian unsure.gif please let me know so i can make a change wink.gif

@ Mag both the banners are cool but i like animated one thumbsup.gif

@ inju fabulous job thumbsup.gif

@ Thumpy great one thumbsup.gif

@ Eric , i want it spookier devil2.gif its cute laugh.gif where is your axe , use it come on devil2.gif

@ Anuj i dont like purple header, kind of cute vamp. make it evil laugh.gif

@ Tinca , i like your banner but change the "Happy Mobile9/STC" to something different , kind of sounds too happy laugh.gif
ArthurWill
QUOTE (CrazEric @ Oct 8 2010, 11:57 PM) *
... did someone move this topic out of the STC into the WPC??? blink.gif

You might be right, SOMEBODY must have done that. Lol, who's that? devil2.gif

QUOTE (CrazEric @ Oct 8 2010, 11:57 PM) *
Where are all the other people from STC? surrender.gif Sam? Alex? Steff? Kashif? and and and and ... ? surrender.gif

They are probably already rushing off finding Halloween wallpapers, fitting icons etc for their Halloween theme. tongue.gif tongue.gif We never know, they might show up right at the end ... but it's ok, we are all M9ers aren't we? It's nice to have such a carnival once in a while. Thanks for your awesome idea. It turns out brilliantly!

@kewlone
Spooky is fine! vampire.gif

@tinca2
Nice one! thumbsup.gif

@_anuj_
laugh.gif The Cube! Btw, is she behind the bar of the window or is she in front of it? unsure.gif

@thump_rockstar
I think the copy is awesome, spook it up ... I like it! clapping.gif Thanks for giving this little banner designing carnival a go. smile.gif smile.gif

@injamul_ahmed
Nice! Love the text effects. A very Halloween banner. thumbsup.gif

@magicas1
An electrified Halloween! haha.gif thumbsup.gif

@liapireas
Great! Looking forward to your banner, Lia. It's not my idea, I have to give the credit back to Eric. My contribution to this banner designing carnival = million $$ ice-cream, for Eric. laugh.gif laugh.gif
mohib-rameen
Wow.....so many banners....
Awesome work.........sonia, eric, enna, anuj, tinca, magicas, shad, thumpy....and else\

well was free so i also tried.....

kewlone
@ Mohib>>>omgosh wow.gif wow.gif this is awesome and cute banner
BENnGWEN
Hi Guyz! byebye.gif
I tried out something for this SPECIAL occassion ....
Here is my creation:

shubhamahajan21
Awesome work guys....! clapping.gif
I will also try to make one...!
magicas1
QUOTE (BENnGWEN @ Oct 9 2010, 12:43 PM) *
Hi Guyz! byebye.gif
I tried out something for this SPECIAL occassion ....
Here is my creation:

lovely banner and great idea wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif thumbsup.gif wow.gif wow.gif just one small sugestion try to slow the animation down a little bit the text runs so fast its hard to see it all wub.gif wub.gif
thump_rockstar
@Sonia: Very neat attempt, wonderful work with font and color selection with a good tag line clap.gif 10.gif

@Magicas: Quite spooky, wonderful animation, love the way you created the focal contrast in the centre clap.gif 10.gif

@Eric: Quite neat like any of your works, quite suggestive and all elements blend well clap.gif 10.gif

@Anuj: Love the colour story in there and the way you placed the cube is very interesting clap.gif 10.gif

@Kewly: Cool use of j-o-l with a great font and color scheme, quite spooky clap.gif 10.gif

@Tina: Quite a 'Tinca' colour scheme is what makes your wally special clap.gif 10.gif

@Shad: Nice color scheme, really spooky and great work with the flash clap.gif 10.gif

@Mohib: Great use of animation, specially in between the alphabets O and B, really spooky clap.gif 10.gif

@Ben: Good use of j-o-l and the color orange with a very cool animation clap.gif 10.gif

I hope I didn't miss anyone unsure.gif Looking fwd. to many more banners wow.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.