Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Symbian Theme Contest 41 - Famous Person
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > ThemeMaking Competition > Symbian Theme Contest
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
ArthurWill
What do we do this week? It's a topic suggested by Amir aka Saraamir in last week's voting thread. It's kinda nice so let's make it this week's topic!

Topic: Famous Person
Description: Any famous person will do. Singer (Lady Gaga, Shakira, Usher ...), actor/actress (Brat Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Robert Patterson ...), band (Linkin Park, Metallica ...), talk show host (Oprah Winfrey, David Letterman ...), leaders (Barack Obama, Gandhi ...), sports (David Beckham, Michael Jordan ...) etc.

If you are new, please read & understand the updated Rules and Guidelines for this contest

A final entries thread will be opened shortly where you place your finalized theme previews. Once posted in final entries, you cannot alter them at all. Deadline for final entries will be Monday, 27th September, 0300 GMT.

In this thread you can post your work in progress to receive comments and suggestions from others and also give your comments on others work too.

If you have any other question, feel free to post them here and we will try to help. If you know themers (S60, Series 40, UIQ) who might be interested in joining us for some fun, please tell them & provide them with a link to this thread. Thank you for helping to keep STC alive.

Let's make this a blast!

1. thabull
2. swt_capri
3. bd_tongi
4. Longhairsteff
5. arbri135
6. krish_nank
7. vahid_68
8. saraamir
9. gemini7010
10. dwiaguspriyanto
11. shubhamahajan21
12. Branislaw
13. BENnGWEN
14. abps
15. your name here
16. ?
17. ?
18. ?
19. ?
20. ?
thabull
this topic reminds me of something...... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif it was my first topic joining STC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! back then i used nicole kidman and i got 0 votes laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif (i guess it was because of the theme and not because of nicole.... tongue.gif tongue.gif )

@AW... just a clarification in order not to have "arguments" later... r we talking about real people? and if i choose a singer can i use the cover of one of his/her work?

(i guess the answers are "yes" and "no", but it's better to make it clear.....)
swt_capri
i m in
bd_tongi
i am in.

can i use my country's Famous Person wall
sscob1
Nice topic smile.gif
swt_capri
here is my fav personality

bd_tongi
QUOTE (swt_capri @ Sep 14 2010, 06:41 PM) *

My too..
ArthurWill
QUOTE (thabull @ Sep 14 2010, 06:34 PM) *
this topic reminds me of something...... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif it was my first topic joining STC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! back then i used nicole kidman and i got 0 votes laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif (i guess it was because of the theme and not because of nicole.... tongue.gif tongue.gif )

Sure nothing to do with Nicole. She is always above of all others in terms of height. Hahaha.

QUOTE (thabull @ Sep 14 2010, 06:34 PM) *
@AW... just a clarification in order not to have "arguments" later... r we talking about real people? and if i choose a singer can i use the cover of one of his/her work?

(i guess the answers are "yes" and "no", but it's better to make it clear.....)

We are talking about portrait. It can be a poster of something but the person has to be in there. Let say Nicole, you can use any of her movie poster but she has to be in there and she should be the main subject. So you are in huh? Come on, I know you get excited about the special meaning of this topic, so I am taking you in. THIS IS AN ORDER. laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (swt_capri @ Sep 14 2010, 08:41 PM) *

Absolutely. thumbsup.gif Glad to have you joining us again. So we are going to see a Princess Diana theme? unsure.gif

QUOTE (sscob1 @ Sep 14 2010, 08:10 PM) *
Nice topic smile.gif

Thanks SS! Joining us this time? Missing you there. sad.gif

QUOTE (bd_tongi @ Sep 14 2010, 06:58 PM) *
can i use my country's Famous Person wall

Yes you can. Just make sure you put his/her name on your theme preview so all of us get to learn more about him/her. smile.gif
swt_capri

QUOTE (swt_capri @ Sep 14 2010, 08:41 PM) *

Absolutely. thumbsup.gif Glad to have you joining us again. So we are going to see a Princess Diana theme? unsure.gif

yes dear
Longhairsteff
Hi! all byebye.gif

It's been a while surrender.gif and i thinks it's time to open up carbide again

You can put my name in the list Pat...

Is thabull listed as a famous person haha :D

See you soon
ArthurWill
@swt_capri
Nice! clap.gif clap.gif Looking forward to your theme. I only get to know the Princess of Wales after the tragedy. But after that I go dug as many story about her as I can ... getting to know the story of the people's princess. smile.gif

@LHS
Oh god, hey there LHS! A celebrity of STC & M9 is back!! Excited excited excited. Looking forward! Unfortunately, thabull is not famous enough to be considered a celebrity yet. Hahaha, but if you really want you can consider a small boyish girl named AW. I think she fits the topic's criteria. laugh.gif laugh.gif You know I am JK. tongue.gif
arbri135
WooooW this contest just started and it got tough for me only when i saw the names on the List

I guess i am In....If you don't mind happy.gif

EDIT Thabull bro this time i will do my best
ArthurWill
@arbri135
Well if you can pull off the stuff you pulled off in TMC then your presence on the list also add some nerves to others too. devil2.gif You are in!
zeinabnaderian
hi m in n this is the wallpaper m gonna use
thabull
QUOTE (Longhairsteff @ Sep 14 2010, 07:31 PM) *
Hi! all byebye.gif

It's been a while surrender.gif and i thinks it's time to open up carbide again

You can put my name in the list Pat...

Is thabull listed as a famous person haha :D

See you soon

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif so happy to c u again Steff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't even imagine of what u r going to present us, but i can't also wait to see it mate!!!!!!!!
i'm so glad u r back, even one of my choises (your avatar...) is now off..... laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (arbri135 @ Sep 14 2010, 08:04 PM) *
WooooW this contest just started and it got tough for me only when i saw the names on the List

I guess i am In....If you don't mind happy.gif

EDIT Thabull bro this time i will do my best

as far as i can c, u always do your best arbri!!!!!!!!!!! and as Pat said, u have nothing to "fear".... thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
swt_capri
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Sep 14 2010, 10:44 AM) *
@swt_capri
Nice! clap.gif clap.gif Looking forward to your theme. I only get to know the Princess of Wales after the tragedy. But after that I go dug as many story about her as I can ... getting to know the story of the people's princess. smile.gif

@LHS
Oh god, hey there LHS! A celebrity of STC & M9 is back!! Excited excited excited. Looking forward! Unfortunately, thabull is not famous enough to be considered a celebrity yet. Hahaha, but if you really want you can consider a small boyish girl named AW. I think she fits the topic's criteria. laugh.gif laugh.gif You know I am JK. tongue.gif

i didnot know about her much but i like her as a princess and as a nice human being this is too much for me any thing else i didnot want to know she ia a princess of hearts
krish_nank
I am in too...... weightlift.gif
bd_tongi
My Wall

sheikh mujibur rahman
vahid_68
i'm in
saraamir
nice themeeeee tongue.gif laugh.gif im in too. wow.gif
gemini7010
i'm in too rolleyes.gif smile.gif
gemini7010
i thought about to use this wall whistle.gif
what you think about it? punk.gif
bd_tongi
QUOTE (gemini7010 @ Sep 15 2010, 08:54 PM) *
i thought about to use this wall whistle.gif
what you think about it? punk.gif

cooooooooooooooool
swt_capri
here is my try plz tell me how it is

bd_tongi
QUOTE (swt_capri @ Sep 16 2010, 09:18 PM) *

Love it clap.gif
swt_capri
QUOTE (bd_tongi @ Sep 16 2010, 08:55 AM) *
QUOTE (swt_capri @ Sep 16 2010, 09:18 PM) *

Love it clap.gif

thnx
_anuj_
QUOTE (swt_capri @ Sep 16 2010, 04:18 PM) *

Very impressive start clap.gif ....just a small problem with readability at the corners of the outer softkeys.......looking forward to the rest
chetancx
@gemini7010
really cool wall. You should go on now and concentrate on other things.
@swt_capri
the current theme is nice.
I think you can get more attractive wall (i mean with some effects )
thabull
QUOTE (_anuj_ @ Sep 16 2010, 07:41 PM) *

Very impressive start clap.gif ....just a small problem with readability at the corners of the outer softkeys.......looking forward to the rest

hehehehehehehehehehe... once more i agree with u anuj..... u just manage to say it first... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
@Samina very good.... anuj is right about visibility. try to use a darker grey in this area instead of this very light gray wich makes the white text almost invisible... wink.gif
swt_capri
QUOTE (thabull @ Sep 16 2010, 12:05 PM) *
QUOTE (_anuj_ @ Sep 16 2010, 07:41 PM) *

hehehehehehehehehehe... once more i agree with u anuj..... u just manage to say it first... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
@Samina very good.... anuj is right about visibility. try to use a darker grey in this area instead of this very light gray wich makes the white text almost invisible... wink.gif

ok i will change thnx for comment
shubhamahajan21
Hi friends...! byebye.gif

I am in....
shubhamahajan21
Can I use animated image?

Is this image fits to topic?

ArthurWill
@shubhamahajan21
Yes you can use animated ones. Just so all of us know, who is that in the wallpaper? Can we have the full name?
gemini7010
and here's my start punk.gif

bd_tongi
@shubhamahajan21... nice wall
@gemini7010... gr8 start
saraamir
hi evey one. here is preview. how is it?

Click on image too DL
thabull
QUOTE (gemini7010 @ Sep 17 2010, 11:49 AM) *
and here's my start punk.gif

clap.gif clap.gif waiting for the rest Sue.....

QUOTE (saraamir @ Sep 17 2010, 09:22 PM) *

very well exectuted theme amir!!!!!!!!!!!!! downloading to check right away!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't like upper softkeys in general, but i guess u used it for readability issues.... it's a good touch for the theme!!!!!!!!
bd_tongi
QUOTE (saraamir @ Sep 18 2010, 12:22 AM) *

Click on image too DL

Gr8 start clap.gif
dwiaguspriyanto
i m in
arbri135
QUOTE (thabull @ Sep 17 2010, 12:36 PM) *
very well exectuted theme amir!!!!!!!!!!!!! downloading to check right away!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't like upper softkeys in general, but i guess u used it for readability issues.... it's a good touch for the theme!!!!!!!!

Me neither unsure.gif
shubhamahajan21
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Sep 17 2010, 01:19 PM) *
Just so all of us know, who is that in the wallpaper? Can we have the full name?

There name is Shivaji Bhosle.

If you want to know more about them then click below...!
Shivaji Maharaj
shubhamahajan21
@ Saraamir and gemini :- Great theme...! 10.gif 10.gif 10.gif
shubhamahajan21
Guys here is my start...!

Click here to download=>Link
meh_bah
Hi every body
nice topic
I am in
ArthurWill
Wow, learned about some famous figure unknown to me. Awesome!

@saraamir
Nice color! Fitting icon set too! clapping.gif Just wanna ask one thing = the curve in big highlights (in the Personalisation screen) is slight pixelated. Is that intended? If so, it's fine for me too, just wanna make sure it's not a miss.

@dwiaguspriyanto @meh_bah
Lovely! Glad to have you two. Looking forward seeing what you come up with. smile.gif

@shubhamahajan21
You are fast! Make sure you create a full preview consisting of roughly 75% of all screens else we won't be able to put you in for voting. Here is an example preview.

@all
Surprisingly, no one is making a Megan Fox theme? When I saw the topic, I thought "alright so we are going to see Megan Fox everywhere". tongue.gif

thabull
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Sep 20 2010, 11:03 AM) *
@all
Surprisingly, no one is making a Megan Fox theme? When I saw the topic, I thought "alright so we are going to see Megan Fox everywhere". tongue.gif

she is hot!!!!!!!!!!! isn't she?
bd_tongi
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Sep 20 2010, 02:03 PM) *
@all

Sexy
shubhamahajan21
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Sep 20 2010, 01:33 PM) *
Wow, learned about some famous figure unknown to me. Awesome!

@shubhamahajan21
You are fast! Make sure you create a full preview consisting of roughly 75% of all screens else we won't be able to put you in for voting. Here is an example preview.

@ArthurWill-
Thank you for appreciating....! clap.gif
This time I will take care of my preview...!
zeinabnaderian

QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Sep 20 2010, 11:03 AM) *
@all

no way she's ugly
Branislaw
Hello friends...count me in!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.