Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winners Announced!
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > ThemeMaking Competition > Symbian Theme Contest
ArthurWill
Welcome to the Voting Thread of Symbian Theme Contest 40

Please read and understand the Rules & Guidelines to get the clear picture about voting. You have to put your top 7 votes in the order of

1. 7 points
2. 6 points
3. 5 points
4. 4 points
5. 3 points
6. 2 points
7. 1 point

Topic: Transport
Description: Any OBJECT that is related to the movement of people from one location to another. For example: Road (car, bike, bus ...), railway (train), air (airplane), space (rocket, space shuttle ...), water (boat, ship ...).

Please take into consideration whether an entry fits the topic & restriction when you vote. Also, please be fair in your voting. Vote for the best theme entries in your eyes, remember you are what you vote. Although the votes are not visible to the public we do monitor them and we might decide not to consider your vote if we notice clear patterns that you are voting for friends, or exchange for votes. You want your efforts to be rewarded so please make sure other's efforts are rewarded as well.

This thread will close on 14th August, 0400 GMT.

Good luck to all and I hope you enjoy the week! Seems like it has been a great week so please vote wisely and make it one of the best week in STC history! grouphug.gif
ArthurWill
saraamir

bd_tongi

atik09

gemini7010

swt_capri

ankur_shah88

krish_nank

_anuj_

Wait Graphics

Branislaw

BENnGWEN

zeinabnaderian

Alamin007

Waiting bar

chetancx

Rafique_muc

primavera77

deepasree
BENnGWEN
Voted.
Yoyocell
Voted.
krish_nank
Voted.
Alamin007
Voted.
deepasree
Voted.
thabull
Voted.
chetancx
Voted.
saraamir
Voted.

theme: favorite artist
bd_tongi
Voted.
arbri135
Voted!!!!!!
_anuj_
Voted.
Branislaw
Voted.
swt_capri
Voted.
gemini7010
Voted.
primavera77
Voted.
atik09
Voted.
zeinabnaderian
Voted.
ankur_shah88
Voted.
pingallery
Voted.
handikap
Voted.
Rafique_muc
Voted.
moonlightmyfire
Voted.
Bishop_Bacon
bd_tongi
Your wallpaper could be more exciting. The car looks a bit lost on the black area – a fancier background would've been nice. Overall clean and good to use theme with a nice, matching icon set. I like especially the digital and analogue clock which fit the „racy car“ subject very well.

Branislaw
Background image suffers a bit from distortion and the submenue images would be better with the famous half-transparent black layer to increase the legibility of the texts. Keep in mind the smaller Series 60 phones with just a 2.0 inch screen – the submenu texts on them are tiny and users will be thankful for a good contrast between text and background image. Other than that, it's a nice clean theme with appealing „glow“ effects in the softkey and icons.

_anuj_
Nice details on the softkeys and statusbar – on the List/Grid Highlights and Forms I think, the dotted rims are too much and make the theme look crowded. As for the List Highlights and Forms, it can be a good solution to make just one of the long sides dotted (the upper or bottom one). I would've made submenu backgrounds a bit darker or the Grid/List Highlights lighter to make the Highlights stand out better. Elegant black icons fit the theme very well. Generally I think you have a good feeling for the Series 40 user interface in the meantime and if you don't step in the „too much details“ trap, many users will be happy with your themes.

krish_nank
When seeing this on my phone I was pleased how complete this theme is – no default blue or white elements – yessss. smile.gif [Nit-picking mode on] On the pop-ups, you used the same text colour (black) for available* and non-available items**, when highlighted, which is a bit irritating as you can't really distinguish which item is actually available and which not. I'd chosen e.g. light grey for the non-available item. [Nit-picking mode off] Other than that, good overall usabilty, good distinction between selected and non-selected items in lists and forms, good colour consistency. Nice touch that you used different pics for grid/list/calendar background respectively. Well-matching icon set. And a nice screensaver. More, please.
*Font colors >> Selected Font >>Popup-list Item Selected Font Colour
**Popup List >> Unavailable Selected Font Colour

Alamin007
Just tested this on my phone – very promising in design/details but with a colour problem. While the wallpaper image looks good, the submenues imho suffers from just too many colours. Imho the red of icons, statusbar and Grid/List Highlights „bites“ with the purple/pink of the background images and grid texts. If icons, statusbar and Grid/List Highlights would be purple/pink too (or the other way round), the theme would look more consistent and „cleaned-up“. In the submenues, I would've added some black transparency to ensure the legibility of all texts. All in all I think you're on a good way regarding appealing theme design and as for the combination of colours I'm optimistic, too as colour sense is something that can be trained and developed. Hey – and nice screensaver – I had to smile spontaneously when it suddenly came up. smile.gif

primavera77
S60 5th Edition users must be happy browsing your gallery as you never seem to bore them. Always coming up with new ideas for elements, using new button styles, combining different icons, clock styles... and always with an eye on good usability. Did you use .svg elements all over the theme? If yes, then hats off, must be a good load of work. (Ok, even if not, I'm still impressed by the perseverance of 5th Edition themers).

saraamir
Tested this on the emulator – nice colour combo, cool car image and good usability in all submenues. Is relatively simple in design but at the same time, that simplicity is it which imho puts it ahead of other themes in the competition whose usability suffers from detail/colour overkill.
ArthurWill
Heya STC people! It was a week where a lot of you went extra miles in terms of creativity. I didn't expect to see such a great mix of wallpaper selection. We have modern transportation (cars/motorbikes), vintage (horse), interesting transportation (air balloon), both land & water transportation. wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif I hope you have had fun exploring!

You must be waiting waiting and waiting for the results? So here it comes. Who make it to the podium? The fight is pretty tight in front!

primavera77 106 points

Saraamir 86 points

Branislaw 77 points

Toothy Awards (given to those who have never won a trophy in STC OR haven't been awarded Gifted/Certified/Legendary Themer)
1st: gemini7010 66 points
2nd: bd_tongi 48 points
3rd: swt_capri 37 points

Results

That's all for now! Thank you for joining us this week. Don't forget to check next week's contest! Hope to see you with us again. ^.^
grouphug.gif

P/S: This thread for congratulating winners only. Any other discussions please use the feedback/suggestion thread.
deepasree
Congrats winners...
Branislaw
Congrats to primavera77, saraamir, gemini, bd_tongi, swt_capri, and of course to all participants...great themes guys and girls...I`m really surprised with this bronze...I didn`t expected it so thanks to everyone who votes for me.... byebye.gif
Yoyocell
Congrats To primavera77, saraamir, Branislaw,gemini, bd_tongi, swt_capri, and to all Participants clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif Good job Patricia wink.gif
thabull
congrats Prima, amir and Branislaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome themes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
congrats also to the toothies gemini, swt capri and tongi for whom i think it's the first!!!!!!!!!!!!! well done mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there were to many awesome themes in this journey which unfortunately didn't get a "medal" cause there r only 3 of them..... but the got the madal of participating in this awesome contest making it so beautiful with their inspiration, ideas and talent!!!!!
well done people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
_anuj_
Very well done To primavera77, saraamir, Branislaw,gemini, bd_tongi, swt_capri, clap.gif

everyone made great themes clap.gif
bd_tongi
Congrats winners and thanx all for vote for me.
handikap
Congrats to winners
krish_nank
[quote name='Bishop_Bacon' date='Sep 13 2010, 12:40 PM' post='754188'

krish_nank
When seeing this on my phone I was pleased how complete this theme is – no default blue or white elements – yessss. smile.gif [Nit-picking mode on] On the pop-ups, you used the same text colour (black) for available* and non-available items**, when highlighted, which is a bit irritating as you can't really distinguish which item is actually available and which not. I'd chosen e.g. light grey for the non-available item. [Nit-picking mode off] Other than that, good overall usabilty, good distinction between selected and non-selected items in lists and forms, good colour consistency. Nice touch that you used different pics for grid/list/calendar background respectively. Well-matching icon set. And a nice screensaver. More, please.
*Font colors >> Selected Font >>Popup-list Item Selected Font Colour
**Popup List >> Unavailable Selected Font Colour

Hi BB thank you for the deep preview about the theme... this makes me perfect professional. The problem is i don't use Nokia handset now a day's. I am fond of doing themes for S40 series Nokia h/s which i don't want to leave. When i test it on Emulator i miss guided i think.
ankur_shah88
congrats to winners grouphug.gif
zeinabnaderian
congragulations 2 all the winners n the toothies
Bishop_Bacon
Congratulations to all winners clap.gif And merci to all who participated, making STC such a pleasant comp to watch.
primavera77
Congratulation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Saraamir, branislow, toothy.

Thanks my friends, thanks for liking my themes.
It make me so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

BB, thanks smile.gif
Yes , i love to change to try new style of images and elements.
Kind of challenge between me and me....
And yes, BB, my theme is full svg.
It is hard work, but i love the result.
Colours and brilliant of svg had nothing to compare with png.
So once u do svg..it is is impossible to return back.
thanksssssssssssssss wub.gif
saraamir
wow first congrats all winners clap.gif wow.gif
im so happy about my silver. thank u all my friends wub.gif
gemini7010
my congrats to all 10.gif clap.gif 10.gif
and thanks to all who have voted for my Theme
BENnGWEN
I want to THANK that ONE person who only voted for me, no matter even its for the 7th vote, but ATLEAST ONE PERSON VOTED FOR ME!! THANKS to him like Heaven.... GOD BLESS YOU!! notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
vahid_68
nice
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.