Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winners Announced!
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > ThemeMaking Competition > Symbian Theme Contest
ArthurWill
Welcome to the Voting Thread of Symbian Theme Contest 38

Please read and understand the Rules & Guidelines to get the clear picture about voting. You have to put your top 7 votes in the order of

1. 7 points
2. 6 points
3. 5 points
4. 4 points
5. 3 points
6. 2 points
7. 1 point

Topic: SMILE
Description: Anything that show us a smile is fine!

Please take into consideration whether an entry fits the topic & restriction when you vote. Also, please be fair in your voting. Vote for the best theme entries in your eyes, remember you are what you vote. Although the votes are not visible to the public we do monitor them and we might decide not to consider your vote if we notice clear patterns that you are voting for friends, or exchange for votes. You want your efforts to be rewarded so please make sure other's efforts are rewarded as well.

This thread will close on 3rd August, 0400 GMT.

Good luck to all and I hope you enjoy the week! Seems like it has been a great week so please vote wisely and make it one of the best week in STC history! grouphug.gif
ArthurWill
saraamir

Waiting Bar

Bishop_Bacon

bd_tongi

Asad_rider

temptation213

handikap

Rafique_muc

krish_nank

gemini7010

swt_capri

Alamin007

atik09

ankur_shah88

sam1374

findgirl45

chetancx

primavera77
Asad_rider
Voted.
sam1374
Voted..
temptation213
Voted.
findgirl45
Voted.
handikap
Voted.
elkztur
Voted.
mamamia12
voted
gemini7010
Voted.
moonlightmyfire
Voted.
swt_capri
Voted.
thabull
time for comments and suggestions...... (and don't forget... what u read is only mho...)

@ saraamir.... very good theme my friend!!!!!!! u took advantage of all the feedback u got and everything is in place!!! using a contrasted bottom softkey is a nice touch but u have to take care the landscape mode text there which has been left white and causes readability problems...

@ BB.... what can i say?... excellent softkeys, everything harmonically binded together.... this purple feels a bit strange though...

@ tongi.... i didn't like the red text to much..... but then again a "tongi" theme without beeing colorful is not a "tongi" theme.... laugh.gif : lol:

@ asad..... nice asad..... u can c that your music section needs work.....

@ temptation.... awesome theme my friend!!!!!! the borders in the highlights was a nice touch... need a bit work though imho... also i think it's time (perhaps) to try some new digi clock (just a suggestion.... it doesn't affect my voting...)

@ handikap.... very good hakan!!!!!!!!! u also took advantage of the feedback u have got!!!!!!!! imho u could have made the text a bit darker to create a more intense contrast (but this is a matter of taste.....). just 2 suggestions to make your themes even better... the first one i have already proposed in earlier STC and i repeat it here.... try to work with your walls in order not to be "stretched" in landscape mode (c screen) and second one.... if your highlights are .svg try to fix this....

doing these 2 things your themes will be technically perfect mate!!!!!!!!

@ rafique..... everything is in place, but still something is missing my friend... a small readability issue in your menu screens....

@ krish... very good krish!!!!!!!!! told u everything in forum... i like it very much

@ gemini..... lately u have used us to awesome themes Sue!!!!!!!!! i know that u wanted to use matching icons, but they r all the same.....

@ swt capri...... awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ alamin.... u managed to transform a "yellow to be" theme in orange..... didn't like it that much (u could have lighten the yellow to achieve readability if that was the reason....) technically seems a good theme!!!!!!

@ atik.... nice wall, but readability problems with the green text mate...

@ ankur.... told u everything in the forum mate!!!!!! can't wait your nest one....

@ Sam.... nothing to say Sam!!!!!!!!!! excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ findgirl...... for starter u have done an awesome work Sonia!!!!!!!! using only black and white is very difficult in s6o themes..... well done.... can't wait to c a colored theme from u!!!!!!

@ chetancx.... nice yellow theme. nice touch the animated highlight, stll u need more work in this....

@ primavera..... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
bd_tongi
Voted.
shadowthemes
Voted.
Alamin007
Voted.
krish_nank
Voted.
Rafique_muc
Voted.
atik09
Voted.
pingallery
Voted.
ankur_shah88
Voted.
primavera77
Voted.
Longhairsteff
Voted.
chetancx
Voted.
Bishop_Bacon
findgirl45
Nice experiment with the black and white – why not? „Fading“ softkeys are a nice idea, icon set matches quite well for that kind of theme. Can't test that on a phone but as I can judge from the screenshot, usability seems to be ok. One of your first attempts with Series 60 5th Edition if I read correctly - good start.

temptation213
I recommend saving your screenshots in .png format instead of .jpgs to achieve a better image quality – I was positively surprised when I tested your theme on the phone, it looks much better on the cell than the blurry screenshot suggests -way to go. Elements are well executed and look lively and pleasant; they go well together with the background image; legibility is given in all menues as far as I can see; some icons look a bit strange – I'm not sure if they're from one and the same icon set (respectively, some icons are colour-changed while most other icons are not); I would stick to one set to make the theme look consistent – on the other hand, I can imagine how difficult it must be for an S60 themer to find a REALLY complete set that covers each and every function.

primavera77
Surprise this week - another black and white theme, this time more on the black side.
Nice experiment with the white „drop shadow“ behind the calculator pane/calculator buttons/call buttons/alphanumeric keypad buttons. I wouldn't have mixed horizontal and vertical gradients in the latter to achieve a more consistent look, but in the end, that's personal taste. Icon set and analogue clock style matches wallpaper illustration quite good.

sam1374
Synergy effect: everytime I look at this theme, I smell apples. The theme in which the individual parts imho are best synchronized. „Sweet“, very harmonic colour scheme, „soft“, rounded scrollbars, „soft“, rounded Moncc icons, clock with „soft“, rounded hands... :-) And neatly executed. Clever visual extra touch: the wood texture softkeys.

krish_nank
I tested this on my phone and I can see the great effort you put in creating a functional, harmonic and complete theme. In fact it's one of the most complete themes I've seen in the last few months. You did a good job in softening the background pictures to ensure good text readability in all submenues. Nice gradients on all forms and highlights, icons match fine. Surely a theme to keep on the phone for longer, way to go.
Mini hint: In Carbide.ui, try adding a thumbnail picture of your theme (about 60x50 px) in „General > Thumbnails“, so users can see a nice preview pic in their themes list on their Series 40 phones. (Thumbnail images can't be imported via right-click and „Select File“. Instead you have to save it as a .gif to your hard drive, then Strg+C it to your clipboard and right-click „Paste“ it directly into Carbide.ui)

Alamin007
Nice softkeys and highlights with pleasant colours, also good you softened the background images in the submenues for better text legibility – you should have done that also for the calendar backgrounds - as it is now, the numbers are hard to read. Icons are nice but a imho too small – should be bigger for a better user experience. You forgot to skin the selected and unselected forms – think of them next time as they add much to your theme

Saraamir
I tried this on an S60 FP1 phone, looks quite good with that easy-on-the-eye-colour scheme, all texts are easily legible in all submenues. White/greyish softkey bar makes a nice contrast to the maroon background and is imho a good visual connection to the white icon set. One theme to keep on the phone, too.
ArthurWill
STC 38 was an awesome week! wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif

17 entries, a lot a lot of superb themes, all of you (whether participants or non-participants) were very engaging & helping each other out. I am beginning to believe we are a little bit more like a family now. It's a pretty small competition compare to others but who cares, I hope you have had a great time, learned new stuff & had plenty of fun.

So here comes the icing on the cake. Who make it to the podium? Read on!

sam1374 108 points

Bishop_bacon 91 points

primavera77 79 points

Toothy Awards (given to those who have never won a trophy in STC OR haven't been awarded Gifted/Certified/Legendary Themer)
1st: saraamir 67 points
2nd: krish_nank 53 points
3rd: swt_capri 35 points

Results

That's all for now! Thank you for joining us this week. Don't forget to check next week's contest. It's an important one, don't miss it. byebye.gif

grouphug.gif

P/S: This thread for congratulating winners only. Any other discussions please use the feedback/suggestion thread.
Asad_rider
Congratz to the winners
Alamin007
congrats to the all winners... wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif
rozhf22
Congratz to all
chetancx
Congratulations to all winner
bd_tongi
Congratulations to all winner
swt_capri
thnx for vote liking comment

Congrats to all winners
thabull
congrtas to all the winners, toothies and participants!!!!!!!!!!!!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
u made this STC a really hard contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Sam...... wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the gold shines beutifully on u mate!!!!!!!!!!!! (more than) well done!!!!!!!!!!!!

@BB..... a come back is always a come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nomatter how long u've been away, the standard awesome quality u always provide was rewarded with the silver!!!!!!!!!!!

excellent commenting clap.gif clap.gif always a tutorial for everyone notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

@Primavera....... another "come back" (even if we missed u only for a week or 2.....) rewarded with a medal!!!!!!!!!!!!

@amir, krish, samina....... well desrved boys and girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets c the next STC, where another "come back" is expected........ i hope u'll be there Steff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shadowthemes
Congratulations sam1374,Bishop_bacon ,primavera77 clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

also to Toothies saraamir,krish_nank,swt_capri clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif

Welldone all thumbsup.gif
mamamia12
wow clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
congratz to all the winner
sam: nice icons like always...congratz for ur gold! 10.gif
bishop bacon...clean and neat..love it...nice work mate clap.gif notworthy.gif
primavera: excelent! keep the good work! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

congratz to Toothies...
arbri135
Congrats to all winners clap.gif clap.gif
atik09
Congratulations to the all winners..
sam1374
Wow....i am soooo happy to share the Podium with Gr8 themers like Bishop,Primavera..... smile.gif
Thanks alot to everyone who liked my work n voted for me.... notworthy.gif
Congrats to saraamir,krish_nank,swt_capri clap.gif well done mates.
Well done all the themers....stc is improving with every competition.... clap.gif
injamul_ahmed
clap.gif Congratulations to all the Winners & Tothies winners clapping.gifclapping.gif Great Job wink.gif
handikap
Bravoo Sameer your 2nd gold s60v5 theme clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif welll done mate!!
and BB and Orietta great themers thumbsup.gif angel_not.gif
Congrats to saraamir,krish_nank,swt_capri wow.gif wow.gif

but I didnt understand ...why swt_capri? not temptation(Jalil)?
unsure.gif
krish_nank
Congratulations to all achievers..... smile.gif

@BB i admire your work and i am more inspired by your themes and thank you for the suggestions will try it on next theme.

@Thabull thank you for facilitating us on the forum to improve our work.
ankur_shah88
congrats to winners grouphug.gif
gemini7010
my congrats to everyone, well deserved
Bishop_Bacon
Nice smile.gif
Always good to see a comp with nobody getting zero points. thumbsup.gif
Silver cup looks good between all my tinted softdrink glasses that sometimes come with McDonalds menues. wink.gif
Many thanks for the votes and comments and big congrats to Sam1374 and Primavera as well as to all Toothies. clapping.gif
imsagi
congratz to all winners
ronaldo23
Congrats to all the winners clapping.gif clapping.gif and great job by AW clap.gif clap.gif
primavera77
Congratulation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sam, BB. Well deserve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toothy, CONGRATULATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanksssssssssssssss, for loving my themes and for yours vots.

In this contest i sow such beautiful themes.
I really see each time better and better themes.
I'm so happy for it......
Thanks dear thabull for your precious help wub.gif
See u in the next contest byebye.gif byebye.gif byebye.gif
kewlone
to the winners clap.gif clap.gif
Rafique_muc
Congrats to all the winners
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.