Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Htc Desire Vs. Iphone4
mobile9 Forum > Mobile Phone > Polls
Downsie
I'm in this exact situation. One day I want the HTC Desire and the next day I want the iPhone4. unsure.gif

All the reviews and comparisons on the web match them very closely. They all say the same thing - "It's up to you. "

So, good people of M9, please decide for me.
Kabuto_1995
Iphone 4
novchanthol
Iphone 4g - smile.gif
bd_tongi
Iphone 4
lostlyrics
why an overpriced yuppie phone for people
who hang their opinion everywhere the wind blows ?

technophile people only laugh at the iphone and
its attitude of expecting customers to be stupid.
respectively disowned slaves of their insticts.

lousy software on lousy hardware is what we would
expect from the microsoft/intel mafia, but not from apple.

if you want to maintain royalty over what you bought, HTC. byebye.gif
Downsie
Thanks folks. I really appreciate your comments. I still can't make my mind up.
I think the deciding feature will probably be the camera, which is very important to me. I also need to be able to Bluetooth photos to other devices such as PCs.

They both have 5 mpixel cameras but which one is better? And do they both allow Bluetoothing? I have my doubts about the iPhone allowing this but maybe I'm wrong.
technokid1974
have a look at Samsung Galaxy S i think its 1 of the best mobiles going around and it has bluetooth 3 and some cool new stuff best screen as well...

if you need to see it in action and see specs just go to GSM Arena or see it in youtube...
Alamin007
Iphone 4 wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif
lostlyrics
QUOTE (Downsie @ Jul 30 2010, 04:03 AM) *
Thanks folks. I really appreciate your comments. I still can't make my mind up.They both have 5 mpixel cameras but which one is better?
And do they both allow Bluetoothing? I have my doubts about the iPhone allowing this but maybe I'm wrong.

smile.gif
then the htc incredible should be your choice
- iphone is just junkfood for the mindless ones laugh.gif
(you might have concluded by their quasi-religious yodle
generally unable to reason why they're parroting after tv)
proteus0291
If you are after a really good camera phone maybe you can check out Nokia N8?
lostlyrics
QUOTE (proteus0291 @ Jul 31 2010, 02:24 AM) *
If you are after a really good camera phone maybe you can check out Nokia N8?

the N8 writes a camera word indeed smile.gif

until the casio ca005 appeared it had
only the satio or the pixon as competitors

here yet the cnet photo-comparison site,
albeit regrettably far from being complete
http://reviews.cnet.com/camera-phone-comparison-gallery/

byebye.gif
Downsie
I do really want an iPhone4 but my head needs to be persuaded that the Desire isn't a better option.

Some questions remain though; particularly regarding the iPhone's restrictive Bluetooth protocols.

Can the iPhone be operated remotely via Bluetooth from from my PC? (I'm used to MyPhoneExplorer with my C905) If, as I suspect, it can't - can the HTC?

If I create an mp3 on my PC, can I Bluetooth it to an iPhone?
lostlyrics
QUOTE (Downsie @ Aug 1 2010, 02:23 PM) *
I do really want an iPhone4 but my head needs to be persuaded that the Desire isn't a better option.
Some questions remain though; particularly regarding the iPhone's restrictive Bluetooth protocols.
Can the iPhone be operated remotely via Bluetooth from from my PC? (I'm used to MyPhoneExplorer with my C905) If, as I suspect, it can't - can the HTC? If I create an mp3 on my PC, can I Bluetooth it to an iPhone?

iphone os allows bluetooth for multiplayer games
but a free file transfer was not precisely planned. tongue.gif

while for photo transfer there's a free app in the store
your mp3 handling might require iBluetooth, costing $4,
the iBluenova developer hasn't responded to os4 yet.

Downsie
Well, although the iPhone is winning the poll, no-one is saying why! All I have read is, "iPhone" ... "iPhone" ... "iPhone" ... "iPhone" .

At least the alternatives are putting an argument forward and it is quite persuasive.

The Nokia N8 looks very impressive (that 8 mpixel camera is very tempting) but I have had some bad times with Symbian and I am reluctant to repeat them - anyway, I doubt if it will be available in the UK on Vodafone (I must have Voda - it's the only one I can get a signal from in work) until Christmas. I won't wait that long.
lostlyrics
if I had to decide now, it probably would be a samsung 8500
with bluetooth 3 wink.gif the samsung-os "bada" might not be truly
the brimmer tongue.gif but for a 5 mpx, the camera is amazingly good
(videos in "hd jr" (1280x720) possible - a top mix of features at
long stand times is strong. and if you want symbian, the i8910 !
ExpressPrince
Iphone 4
Downsie
QUOTE (ExpressPrince @ Aug 7 2010, 06:11 AM) *
Iphone 4

Oh, Lordy. All this bleating. Are you all sheep? "iPhone ... iPhone ... iPhone."

Will someone PLEASE put some logical arguments forward for the iPhone instead of just saying, "iPhone" ? I want to hear your reasons, honest!
mth785
The iPhone 4 has one of the best cameras of any smartphone. It is not about the megapixels, it is about the sensor the lens and the software. Cameras aren't the strong point of the HTC devices.

Yes I'm an Apple fanboy but my phone at the moment is a Google HTC Nexus One.
blade87
I'd suggest Samsung Galaxy S.
Here's a comparison between the "all-mighty" iPhone 4 and SGS.
SGS vs iP4
Downsie
QUOTE (blade87 @ Aug 17 2010, 04:26 AM) *
I'd suggest Samsung Galaxy S.
Here's a comparison between the "all-mighty" iPhone 4 and SGS.
SGS vs iP4

That's a good review. Well worth the read. Got me thinking about the Galaxy. Now I'm well confused as to what to get! hahaha

I had a look at the Galaxy in a shop recently and I thought it felt a bit 'plasticky' but that aside, it is very shiny. Not quite as shiny as the Apple though.

About the camera - correct; it isn't all about megapixels. Ask any photographer and she/he would agree. The iPhone's camera is top notch and its video capture is the best by a country mile.
BENnGWEN
Iphone4
CLEOPATTRA
iPhone4
al-sagban
i like Htc ... coz i already have 1 tongue.gif
and i like it coz i love windows mobile as os more than any other os
eliasjan
QUOTE (Downsie @ Jul 27 2010, 08:15 PM) *
I'm in this exact situation. One day I want the HTC Desire and the next day I want the iPhone4. unsure.gif

All the reviews and comparisons on the web match them very closely. They all say the same thing - "It's up to you. "

Iphone4 Rocks
thewrench
QUOTE (eliasjan @ Jan 27 2011, 04:14 AM) *
QUOTE (Downsie @ Jul 27 2010, 08:15 PM) *

Iphone4 Rocks

I agree
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.