Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winners Announced!
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > ThemeMaking Competition > Symbian Theme Contest
ArthurWill
Welcome to the Voting Thread of Symbian Theme Contest 37

Please read and understand the Rules & Guidelines to get the clear picture about voting. You have to put your top 5 votes in the order of

1. 5 points
2. 4 points
3. 3 points
4. 2 points
5. 1 point

Topic: SKY
Description: Sunrise, sunset, lightning, meteor, stars, cloud etc. Anything to do with sky is fine. No fiction, natural occurrence only.

Please take into consideration whether an entry fits the topic & restriction when you vote. Also, please be fair in your voting. Vote for the best theme entries in your eyes, remember you are what you vote. Although the votes are not visible to the public we do monitor them and we might decide not to consider your vote if we notice clear patterns that you are voting for friends, or exchange for votes. You want your efforts to be rewarded so please make sure other's efforts are rewarded as well.

This thread will close on 20th July 0400 GMT.

Good luck to all and I hope you enjoy the week! grouphug.gif
ArthurWill
bd_tongi

saraamir

waiting bar

pmash

Alamin007

sam1374

temptation213

sonyd

shadowthemes

ankur_shah88

arbri135
temptation213
Voted.
ankur_shah88
Voted.
shadowthemes
Voted.
mamamia12
voted
Alamin007
Voted.
arbri135
Voted.
ArthurWill
OMG, this is so hard to pick. Sitting here 20 mins just to pick out 1st, 2nd, 3rd. wallbash.gif What a close competition!

Comments (this is my own interpretation of your themes and it's for your reference only. Comments are based on your previews as I don't have the phones to test them on)
@bd_tongi
Hey there Shawan! I think there are too many different style of elements in your sky theme. Too many colors too. Maybe try to have a more consistent style in your next theme? I think that will help improve your theme a lot.

@saraamir
A very fresh color combination, love it! The subtle transparency looks awesome too. Texts are all readable, highlights are clear. Good effort, mate. thumbsup.gif

@pmash
I love the consistency you maintain in the Polar Lights. Also love its minimalistic look (it's not easy to make a minimal yet attractive theme). Keep this up, pmash. You have showed that you have good understanding of how good themes should look. clapping.gif

@Alamin007
I like what I see from you, I think this week you have learned something new and it's reflected in this theme, it's fairly consistent, texts are more readable than before, safe color combination ... keep this up, experiment & practice more, you will do good.

@sam1374
First, clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif. A theme that force me to charge my good old Nokia 5800XM. Love the 1px brown line, and the color combination. The Ringing volume brown gradient looks a little different to the rest of the screen. But still, a 10.gif theme. Well done, Sam!

@temptation213
Very few people can make a single color theme to look this good. clapping.gif Fitting elements, fitting icons ... probably the buttons on calculator screen are slightly out of the style you use but I am picking bone here. It's a fine fine fine theme.

@sonyd
Good improvement, Sonyd. Looking forward to your next entry. Keep working, experimenting & learning. thumbsup.gif

@shadowthemes
Another theme that get 10.gif from me. The adventurous color combination make it 11/10. Fitting elements, consistent style. notworthy.gif For S60v3 FP1 phone = the menu screen you didn't tone down the background wallpaper, intended?

@ankur_shah88
Very glad that you took Alex's advices and try to standardise your theme. You are making good progress. Maybe the softkey can be made to fit the rest of the theme better. Keep working Ankur, we will improve with more practice & experiment.

@arbri135
This is very good 2nd STC entry. clapping.gif I won't be surprise if this adds another trophy to your expanding trophy cabinet. It's nice to see you are adapting the foundation you have in SE theming to this. Keep this up!

Alright, that's about it. A big thumbs up to all who participated. notworthy.gif
saraamir
Voted.
sonyd
pmash (Good Theme)
sam1374 (Very Cool Effects, Transparent)
arbri135 (Very Strange colors,contrast is really good)
saraamir (Perfect Theme, colors,Icons,softkeys Awesome)
temptation213 (it's looking fine)
thabull
here is the way i saw your themes guys. i remind once more that everything i write expresses mho to whom wants to take it under consideration. i hoe u understand that i give more attention and feedback in my comments (not my voting) to the s60 v3 themes, cause these r the only i can test... i also can test v5 themes, but for these i can speak only for visibility and technique, but not structure issues cause it's a totaly different platform....

i'm very sad to c only 10 participants this time...... (but then again it's summertime, and vacation time for many.....)

here they come...

@ tongi... much improved my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ saraamir.... nice one mate..... only one readability problem because choosing the highlight (1) causes u the problem in (2) combining it with the text color u have chosen

@ pmash.... nice theme pmash.. didn't like your highlights though

@ alamin very nice theme, very well structured

@ Sam... told u everything in the forum mate... excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ temptation..... i'm speechless with this one mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ sonyd.... nice work dude

@ shadow.... very good shadow, but to many readability problems in real phone... take a look.....

@ ankur..... very nice try mate... very "rough" theme... imho u need a little more work with your highlights....

@ arbri..... i know u created this in a hurry mate, but looks like u got the "handicap" desease.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif u r now a "rising themer" and missing things like the following is stepping back. u know we all r waitning more things from you now... wink.gif
take a look at these.....
1. u already know the readability problem with the black text....

2. the landscape softkeys, the copy/past highlight, the waiting bar and the progress bar is what i called "handicap desease"... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

3. in the calendar your event indicator is black, so it becomes invisible

4. this white doesn't match the theme colors (if u tried to make it transparent, don't try it.... this elements doesn't support transparency....)

5. u missed this part in your tabs.. and the border in your highlight is mssing to (like handicap's last stc)

6. finally, try to do sometihng with this element.... (it's not a "mistake", but it doesn't look good...)

very good theme in it's concept, but almost half a theme mate... i hope next time u won't be such in a hurry mate wink.gif wink.gif
bd_tongi
Voted.
handikap
@Sonyd,,,very good s40 theme ..i liked bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]
@temptation ,,,,Jalil realy very very good themes your travis icon and wallpaper very compatible ,,,only don't like your ''image cropping''' I'm using faststone capture for croppin my theme and very cool program!!!!!!!!!
@Sam,,realy very good themes liked your theme,,and nice wallpaper choice ..your background and wallpaper very compatible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
@Shadow,,,your theme very good but only problem you not using black ..i liked your all elements very very good bravo!!!
@Saraamir,,,Amir very goood theme bro!! and liked your animated waiting
@Arbri,,,I read''' Lot '',,,Shaon right you using black color,,,your problem only color combination,and you make very very good theme for me!!!
sam1374
Voted.
Bishop_Bacon
Voted.
pmash
Voted.
ArthurWill
It's an interesting week. We didn't have many entries, just 10. But the quality we see is totally another story. It's also refreshing to see some STC spirit in the discussion thread too. So I am happy with how they went & I hope you have had great experience. So who make it to the top podium?

sam1374 52 points

temptation213 38 points

shadowthemes 30 points

Toothy Awards (given to those who have never won a trophy in STC OR haven't been awarded Gifted/Certified/Legendary Themer)
1st: pmash 28 points
2nd: saraamir 22 points
3rd: arbri135 20 points

Results

That's all for now! Thank you for joining us this week and we hope you have enjoyed the music & the eye candy. Don't forget to check next week's contest. It's going to be BIG SMILE!

grouphug.gif
sam1374
Wow....I am so happy to win a Gold for s60v5 theme...thanks alot for all who liked my work n voted/commented for my theme...thanks notworthy.gif
Congrats Temptation,Shadow....well done mates... clap.gif
Congrats to pmash,saraamir,arbri135.. clap.gif
kewlone
Congrats Sam, temptation and Shadow clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

ooops and congrats to Toothy winners clap.gif
temptation213
vowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I'm so happy! haha.gif
thanks every body! clapping.gif
and Congrats SAM(specially thanks for my preview) and shadow!
Congrats to pmash,saraamir,arbri135..
bd_tongi
Congrats to all
handikap
woooowwwww !!SAM BRAVO ,,YOU RİGHT YOUR FİRST S60V5 GOLD WİNNER wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif ohmy.gif
JALİL YOUR FİRSTTT SİLVER BRAVO BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif
AND SHADOW GREATTTT THEME BRO AND YOU WİNNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow.gif wow.gif clap.gif
AND TOOTHY WİNNER PMASH AMİR AND ARBRİ BRAVO GUYSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
saraamir
heeey im so happy wow.gif :wow:and congratulations sam1374, temptation213, shadowthemes clap.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif

@hakan: thank u hakan bro notworthy.gif
shadowthemes
Thank you notworthy.gif all who liked,voted and commented on my theme and made me to finish the podium with a bronze trophy laugh.gif . This was a close comp.

also congrats to sam and temptation213 .well done mates clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

also Congrats to pmash,saraamir and arbri135 clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

and congratulation to all participants clap.gif .i expected many but only few turned up sad.gif

@Arthur,@Thabull,handikap I forgot to mention about the readability problem in fp1 phone and consider fp2 as a contest entry.i tried the menu background that i used in fp2 phone for fp1 too along with the idlebar but the problem is when i test it on fp1 phone i found that idle screen and menu background idlebar in fp1 phone is same ohmy.gif which made the theme ugly.so i used the idlescreen wall for menu too for fp1 phone.but in fp2 its perfect wink.gif .Next time i will be more careful
sonyd
clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif CONGRATS MY FRIENDS, 10.gif 10.gif rockon.gif rockon.gif
TAZ667
congratulations clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
ankur_shah88
congrats to winners clap.gif clap.gif grouphug.gif

QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Jul 19 2010, 03:11 PM) *
Comments (this is my own interpretation of your themes and it's for your reference only. Comments are based on your previews as I don't have the phones to test them on)

@ankur_shah88
Very glad that you took Alex's advices and try to standardise your theme. You are making good progress. Maybe the softkey can be made to fit the rest of the theme better. Keep working Ankur, we will improve with more practice & experiment.

thanks AW, i will work hard and improve.

QUOTE (thabull @ Jul 19 2010, 06:37 PM) *
here is the way i saw your themes guys. i remind once more that everything i write expresses mho to whom wants to take it under consideration. i hoe u understand that i give more attention and feedback in my comments

@ ankur..... very nice try mate... very "rough" theme... imho u need a little more work with your highlights....

thanks bro for ur comment, i will pay more attention to highlights next time.
arbri135
THabull the day for my tribute will come soon mate you will see

as for the theme it was made in 30 minutes tongue.gif wacko.gif
imsagi
CONGRATZ TO ALL WINNERS
thabull
congratulations everybody!!!!!!!!!!

congrats to Sam, tempty and shadow for their awesome winning themes!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats to the toothies pmash, saraamir, arbri!!!!!!!!!!! excellent conceptions people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ no problem shadow as far as i'm concerned... it was very strange to me, but this explains it all... i, personally don't need just a theme to know your excellent quality as a themer byebye.gif byebye.gif

@arbri.... i know mate u were in a hurry and these things are totally explained for a 30' theme. just showed them in order not to forget them. i liked your theme very much and it's a pity not having available 5-10 minutes more to arrange these. i'm sure next time u will amaze us not only with your excellent binding of wall, colors and elements, but with the integration of your theme too thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
Alamin007
clap.gif clap.gif notworthy.gif CONGRATZ TO THE ALL WINNERS notworthy.gif clap.gif clap.gif
mamamia12
congratz to all the winners!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
well deserved pals! 10.gif 10.gif 10.gif
3 of them are my favorite!!!!!
Keep the good work!!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
ronaldo23
Congrats to all the winners clapping.gif clapping.gif and great job by AW clap.gif clap.gif
pmash
thanks a lot for the votes and comments...
and congrats to Sam, tempty , shadow , saraamir & arbri ...
novchanthol
Congratulation ! Awesome all the winners ! 10.gif
Bishop_Bacon
Congratulations to all winners. Champagne! cool.gif
deepasree
Congratulations to all winners...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.