Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Symbian Theme Contest 37 - Sky
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > ThemeMaking Competition > Symbian Theme Contest
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ArthurWill
After a week of blazing music, this week we are going out to get some freeeeeeeeeeeeesssssh air! wow.gif

Topic:
Description: Sunrise, sunset, lightning, meteor, stars, cloud etc. Anything to do with sky is fine. No fiction, natural occurrence only.

If you are new, please read & understand the updated Rules and Guidelines for this contest

A final entries thread will be opened shortly where you place your finalized theme previews. Once posted in final entries, you cannot alter them at all. Deadline for final entries will be Monday, July 19th, 0300 GMT.

In this thread you can post your work in progress to receive comments and suggestions from others and also give your comments on others work too.

If you have any other question, feel free to post them here and we will try to help. If you know themers (S60, Series 40, UIQ) who might be interested in joining us for some fun, please tell them & provide them with a link to this thread. Thank you for helping to keep STC alive.

Let's make this a blast!

1. arbri135
2. swt_capri
3. bd_tongi
4. temptation213
5. ankur_shah88
6. _Abi_
7. krish_nank
8. pmash
9. sonyd
10. RaganorK
11. deepasree
12. Alamin007
13. chetancx
14. sam1374
15. shadowthemes
16. mohamedoco
17. your name here
18. ?
19. ?
20. ?
arbri135
Patricia i am so happy to be in
swt_capri
count me in
bd_tongi
I am in
gemini7010
cant participate for this time
im going in vacations soon
ArthurWill
@Arbril @Samina @bd_tongi
Nice to have you joining us again! clapping.gif Do show us when you have an idea what you will be working on ya. thumbsup.gif
swt_capri
here r my choices these r ok or not

temptation213
Count me in BOSS! haha.gif
ArthurWill
@swt_capri
All 3 wally are fine. smile.gif

@tempty
You are in! This is sort of your favourite topic heh? weightlift.gif
ankur_shah88
count me in.
_Abi_
count me in................................ weightlift.gif
ArthurWill
QUOTE (gemini7010 @ Jul 6 2010, 06:53 PM) *

Opsie, we will miss you Gemini. smile.gif Where are you going for vacation? For how long? unsure.gif

@ankur_shah88 @_Abi_
You two are welcome to join us again. clap.gif
temptation213
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Jul 6 2010, 04:31 PM) *
@swt_capri
All 3 wally are fine. smile.gif

@tempty
You are in! This is sort of your favourite topic heh? weightlift.gif

Yes Honey!
sonyd
I'm in OK. just one Question: Why when I Upload my Preview it's showing so bad in the Gallery Upload, at my PC it looks Great. Here the Example:Link
krish_nank
Thank you for the invitation..... haha.gif
I am glad you understood my taste madam... wub.gif

...........Count me in..........
ArthurWill
@sonyd
If I am not mistaken our gallery does scale down preview quality a little.

@krish_nank
Welcome back Krish! Yeah, I couldn't forgot your Mount Fiji theme that's why this time I invited you again. Looking forward seeing what you will come up with. thumbsup.gif
gemini7010
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Jul 6 2010, 08:04 AM) *
QUOTE (gemini7010 @ Jul 6 2010, 06:53 PM) *

Opsie, we will miss you Gemini. smile.gif Where are you going for vacation? For how long? unsure.gif

@ankur_shah88 @_Abi_
You two are welcome to join us again. clap.gif

Thank you ArthurWill, i will miss you all too, and special the participation, its always fun to be a part of it and to collect toothys...lol clap.gif
Were going to the Canari Islands, cant wait to enjoy the Sea clap.gif and we will stay there for 12 Days clap.gif
pmash
Count me in please...
ankur_shah88
here is my start.
primavera77
QUOTE (sonyd @ Jul 6 2010, 10:44 PM) *
I'm in OK. just one Question: Why when I Upload my Preview it's showing so bad in the Gallery Upload, at my PC it looks Great. Here the Example:Link

Save your preview in png.
Saving in jpg especially when themes have blue or red ellements, it come out terrible.
It's better making smaller preview, but make it in png. ( png is heavier then jpg, and M9 allowed utill one mega if i'm not mistaken)

hope it can help. byebye.gif byebye.gif byebye.gif
deepasree
I want some tutorial/help on s60v5 themes (using carbide)... Can any one help me... Please...
primavera77
QUOTE (deepasree @ Jul 7 2010, 11:08 PM) *
I want some tutorial/help on s60v5 themes (using carbide)... Can any one help me... Please...

Deepasree, which help u need? if i can be helpfull......just ask.... byebye.gif
sonyd
OK, THNX@ AW and @Primavera

AW I'm count me in , can't see my name on the list!
RaganorK
Can i participate too... if yes... well i need some good guidance as this will be my first ever competition in M9....
deepasree
Please Count me in Arthur...
elkztur
QUOTE (sonyd @ Jul 6 2010, 01:44 PM) *

convert ur prewiev .png file, dont use .jpeg
ArthurWill
QUOTE (RaganorK @ Jul 8 2010, 12:00 PM) *
Can i participate too... if yes... well i need some good guidance as this will be my first ever competition in M9....

Sure, why not? Do go through the 1st post of this thread to understand more about the topic, and also take a look at rules & guidelines about STC so you can understand a bit about the whole process. Then if you have any question feel free to ask here I am sure we will try to help as much as we can.

@deepasree
Nice to have you again deepasree!

@elkztur
Yup, saving in png will help with preview quality. Not joining this week? Not your type of topic? unsure.gif It has been a while and would be great to see your Series 40 entry again.
Alamin007
count me in...... grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif
elkztur
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Jul 8 2010, 02:20 AM) *
@elkztur
Yup, saving in png will help with preview quality. Not joining this week? Not your type of topic? unsure.gif It has been a while and would be great to see your Series 40 entry again.

thank you for your invitation arthur , i would like to join theme contest but , i have no free time making theme , because elegant highlights and icons takes so much time , maybe next week mf_type.gif
ankur_shah88
QUOTE (ankur_shah88 @ Jul 7 2010, 07:20 PM) *
here is my start.

friends is it ok?
arbri135
@Ankur_Shah it is looking good but it's the same softkeys that you have In this weeks TMC and the size of the softkeys i so big.Please try to experiment more and i am sure you'll find something beautiful
chetancx
Count me in.
ArthurWill
QUOTE (elkztur @ Jul 9 2010, 03:22 AM) *
thank you for your invitation arthur , i would like to join theme contest but , i have no free time making theme , because elegant highlights and icons takes so much time , maybe next week mf_type.gif

Sure! Hopefully we get to see you next week. thumbsup.gif

QUOTE (ankur_shah88 @ Jul 7 2010, 09:50 PM) *
here is my start.

And what phenomenon is that? Eclipse? Just wanna learn about it.
Alamin007
which one is better....

swt_capri
QUOTE (Alamin007 @ Jul 9 2010, 05:25 AM) *
which one is better....

these 2 r good
deepasree
I will try for a good wall...
ArthurWill
@deepasree
Can't see your preview? unsure.gif Also from what I can see in the gallery, your entry doesn't fit this week's topic.

Description: Sunrise, sunset, lightning, meteor, stars, cloud etc. Anything to do with sky is fine.

As far as I can see, earth has nothing to do with sky. Earth is just part of the universe. smile.gif Sorry bro, still have a lot of time to go before deadline. Maybe try using another wallpaper for the theme?

@Alamin007
Opsie, all 4 wallpapers look pretty good. So hard to pick! 1 or 4 for me. smile.gif
handikap
@Alamin,,look your wallpaper i liked 1st or 3th but I think 3th
ankur_shah88
QUOTE (arbri135 @ Jul 9 2010, 01:29 PM) *
@Ankur_Shah it is looking good but it's the same softkeys that you have In this weeks TMC and the size of the softkeys i so big.Please try to experiment more and i am sure you'll find something beautiful

yes dear arbri, i am using the same softkeys, coz i don't know how to make one, so this is the best softkeys i have tried so far, ok will try for new, can u provide any tut on softkeys?

QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Jul 9 2010, 04:23 PM) *
QUOTE (ankur_shah88 @ Jul 7 2010, 09:50 PM) *
here is my start.

And what phenomenon is that? Eclipse? Just wanna learn about it.

yes dear its eclipse, a solar eclipse occurs when the Moon passes between the Sun and the Earth, and the Moon fully or partially covers the Sun as viewed from some location on Earth

@alamin007

4th one for me. grouphug.gif

i changed the softkey, how is it now dear arbri135?

arbri135
@Ankur bro you can try these

Ghaseemooo tutorial
Tyrone's tutorial
Jefdizon's tutorial
Another one
And this one
ankur_shah88
QUOTE (arbri135 @ Jul 11 2010, 09:10 PM) *

thanks bro grouphug.gif
thabull
QUOTE (swt_capri @ Jul 6 2010, 02:09 PM) *
here r my choices these r ok or not

these 2 for me......

QUOTE (Alamin007 @ Jul 9 2010, 02:25 PM) *
which one is better....

these 2 will be easier to work with imho..... all of them are really nice

QUOTE (ankur_shah88 @ Jul 11 2010, 05:02 PM) *
@alamin007

i changed the softkey, how is it now dear arbri135?

new softkeys, but till we c the rest i don't think the colors match the theme... u got blue, dark blue (almost black) and this red-brown doesn't look that good... unless u will surpise us with a marvelous binding of colors in the rest of your theme.....
swt_capri
@thabull thnx for suggestion

here is my start plz comment

swt_capri
@thabull thnx for suggestion

thabull
QUOTE (swt_capri @ Jul 12 2010, 02:05 PM) *

personally i don't really like those "bomb" softkeys. they r very difficult to handle..... if u notice, the "go to" is out of bounds..... prhaps u could make the arc bigger....
and the color of the upper sofkey looks a bit different.... try the gradient with 140, 215, 240 and 100, 190, 230 (these r the main light blues of your wall....)

or u can use the green 115, 160 35 or the orange 255, 185, 0

these r the colors used in your wall... i think they should match better....
ExpressPrince
Hey MAM ME ALSO. Hurry up please.
mohamedoco
conut me in
ankur_shah88
QUOTE (thabull @ Jul 12 2010, 03:56 PM) *
QUOTE (ankur_shah88 @ Jul 11 2010, 05:02 PM) *

new softkeys, but till we c the rest i don't think the colors match the theme... u got blue, dark blue (almost black) and this red-brown doesn't look that good... unless u will surpise us with a marvelous binding of colors in the rest of your theme.....

ok bro, i will make some changes, i was just asking for softkeys, anyways thanks for ur advice. grouphug.gif
shadowthemes
Count me in laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.