Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winners Announced!
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > ThemeMaking Competition > Symbian Theme Contest
Pages: 1, 2
ArthurWill
Welcome to the Voting Thread of Symbian Theme Contest 36

Please read and understand the Rules & Guidelines to get the clear picture about voting. You have to put your top 7 votes in the order of

1. 7 points
2. 6 points
3. 5 points
4. 4 points
5. 3 points
6. 2 points
7. 1 point

Topic: Music
Restriction: No specific singer/band/celebrity.
Description: Basically, we want you to make a theme featuring anything to do with music. You can do musical instruments, typography, photos, digital artwork etc. But you cannot based your theme on any specific singer/band/celebrity.

Please take into consideration whether an entry fits the topic & restriction when you vote. Also, please be fair in your voting. Vote for the best theme entries in your eyes, remember you are what you vote. Although the votes are not visible to the public we do monitor them and we might decide not to consider your vote if we notice clear patterns that you are voting for friends, or exchange for votes. You want your efforts to be rewarded so please make sure other's efforts are rewarded as well.

This thread will close on 6th July 0400 GMT.

Good luck to all and I hope you enjoy the week! grouphug.gif
ArthurWill
bd_tongi

temptation213

ankur_shah88

c2d22

gemini7010

sam1374

Softkey

swt_capri

deepasree

Alamin007

pmash

handikap

saraamir

arbri135

sonyd

primavera77
saraamir
Voted.
arbri135
Voted.
thabull
hi my friends... sorry for not having much time available for this STC, still i managed to make some comments with my voting

don't forget that these comments express only mho.....

1. tongi..... u show good technique my friend, but your theme is very colorful in a fault way... colors have no connection to each other and that makes the theme tiring for the eye

2. temptation.... very nice theme mate. i like the notes in your softkeys, but it was too much for the highlights (made the highlight confusing). still a very good theme!!!! (u could have used a bigger preview though...)

3. ankur_shah88...... very nice wall, but u didn't avoid serious readability problems....

4. c2d22.......... same thing about readability. ofcourse with only 6 screens perhaps u will be disqualified (since u have to present at least 75% of the themes screens....)

5. gemini7010..... excellent theme!!!!!! (i would prefer the signs in the icons to be white instead of black, but still the result is awesome!!!)

6. Sam......... can't say much Sam..... a perfectly created theme. even a v5 theme, when i tested it in my n95 looked awesome!!!!!!!

7. swt capri..... at last!!!!!!! a theme worthy of your skills!!!!!!!

8. deepasree...... u chose a b&w theme.... it's very hard to handle a theme like that and u need more wprk in these colors. the high-contrasted highlight (considering the same coloring of your submenus) makes the theme confusing....

9. Alamin007..... very nice wall!!!!!!!!!! but u could have lighten it a bit for the menu screens in order to avoid vsibility issues....

10. pmash..... same thing with deepasree... in your theme i can't even see the highlights.....

11. handikap.... first of all i must say that unfortunatelly your theme is out of topic.... if u read the 1st post of AW it's very clear that the topic is music in general and not a specific artist. i usually don't comment themes that i consider out of topic, but i think u should notice and take care of somethings...
very nice preview hakan but...... at least 3 of your screens (i don't count the sceens inside phones at the top) are not needed, since u show us 4 times the same element (sreens 2,9,13,14) and 2 times the calendar (the second time is not needed imho). another suggestion is why don't u create themes for 5th edition (since you have a 5th edition phone)? creating themes for 3rd edition is very difficult for u because u can't test your creation and that causes mistakes like the following

1. the image is not right sized and u c that gray line there (if u did it on purpose, then it's not good for the theme)

2. u still forgetting the softkeys in landscape mode

3. u still do'nt change the copy/paste highlight

4. i think u missed the border there..... and that red inside the red is very confusing....

5. this one is forgotten or perhaps u created the theme for fp2 (it's good to mention that in order to know how the voters will judge the theme)

6-7. no work with these elements at all......

u could have avoided all these things if u could check your theme....
i'm waiting much more than this from u mate!!!!!!!!

12. saraamir.... a perfectly created theme!!!!!!!!!!! so simple, but intergrated!!!!!!!! no fancy elements, but so workable theme! well done amir!!!!!

13. arbri135..... tihs face reminds me of something..... hehehehehehehehehe. very good choice of wall.... but i have the same comment about the difficulty on handling a b&w theme
1. u got some problem with your highlights. i don;t know if it's because they are .png format. png is easy, but in order to get a high quality theme u need to work with svg. other wise u create a beautiful theme that lacks quality

2. choosing this black highlight makes it invisible in the calendar preview.....

14. sonyd.... i notice some trouble with the highlight in screen8 and this white bar doesn't suit the theme that much....

15. primavera77..... a perfectly created theme once again!!!!!!!!!! i just love the call number buttons!!!!!!!!
sonyd
Voted.
swt_capri
Voted.
bd_tongi
Voted.
pingallery
handikap (ich frage mich, ob das Theme vom Thema richtig gewählt wurde. Handelt es sich hierbei um einen Prominentheit) unsure.gif
handikap
Voted.
gemini7010
Voted.
pmash
Voted.
temptation213
Voted.
ankur_shah88
Voted.
primavera77
Voted.
Bishop_Bacon
Voted.
deepasree
No comments, Good luck all...
Alamin007
Voted.
swt_capri
Voted.
moonlightmyfire
Voted.
frenk-64
Voted.
ArthurWill
Voted.
ArthurWill
Quite a lot of you worked hard to come up with music themes that make people . So of all of the awesome entries we had, who make it to the podium?

primavera77 99 points (it's the queen again! )

Sam1374 82 points (the king of color this time managed to come up with something based on only 2 colors, amazing stuff! )

handikap 69 points (someone starting to make regular podium appearance. )

Toothy Awards (given to those who have never won a trophy in STC OR haven't been awarded Gifted/Certified/Legendary Themer)
1st: arbri135 50 points (his 1st participation & already got a toothy! )
2nd: temptation213 48 points (finally! You deserve it matey )
3rd: gemini7010 43 points (you are collecting toothies! Keep this up girl! )

Results

That's all for now! Thank you for joining us this week and we hope you have enjoyed the music & the eye candy. Don't forget to check next week's contest. We need you to keep this little contest alive.

grouphug.gif
swt_capri
shame on me lose again 1.gif not much hav votes
bd_tongi
wallbash.gif crybaby.gif
Cyber_Spirit
Congrats to winners
pmash
Great congrats to winners....
gemini7010
congrats to primavera77 Sam1374 handikap well deserved again clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
and also congrats to the toothys arbri135 temptation213 clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

and a BIG thanks to all who have voted for my Theme again, im very pleased

@ArthurWill hehe, yes it seems i collect them

@thabull thanks a lot for your opinion clap.gif and you has right, next time i will take more attention to such things clap.gif
its hard for me cause i dont have a possibility to check the Themes in a Phone i just have Samsung and SE Phones so im never sure how the Theme works in the Phone
temptation213
Not bad for me! tongue.gif
congrats to all winner. clapping.gif
ankur_shah88
congrats to winners. grouphug.gif
primavera77
Congratulation to Sam and Hakan.beautifull themes.
congratulation to Arbril, temptation and gemini for there toothy.

Yes, I'm again the queen of the 5th. edition. and i'm happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif
Thanks all of u who vote and like my theme.
Make me so happy.

AW, some trouble today? was intersting to see the votes..but i lost part of theme.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Dear thabull, i appriciate a lot your comments.
this is the only way to improve theming.
Normaly i'm not doing comments cause i see people are taking it in wrong way...
And they make mistake...
i learn theming through the comments of my dear friend thabull.
and i'll use this occation to give a small suggestion to all the 5th. edition themer...
Please change all the icons. i know it is a lot of work....
use the plugin for N97.
I'm not even talking about missing uid...( this is another headache at least for me...)
but the ones carbide have.
accept of deeparsee, all of u change only the visible icons. But when i'm using my phone i'm not using only the main menu
pages....
and the most beautiful theme suddenly loose his charm when u open another page and u find default nokia icons.

Good luck every body for the next contest. The topic is wow...............

handikap

1) you aren't an admin , real admin let me about my mj theme , look at the picture and read carefully again

2) you can freely make comments about my theme , but why show me my themes previews on forum , this is very silly

and very wicked

3) beside why didnt send private message about my themes mistakes?
4) this is my 4th theme, yours about 700, absuletly i have mistakes making theme because im new on carbide

5 ) you maybe a good themer but you never a good friend and good person
6) I try my n73 very very good my theme wink.gif

7)example your carbide theme

[b]I try Where all icons laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

8)
bravo Thabull you very right
9) look your theme I open and you using 298 png icons wooowwwwww!!!!!!!
http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/747290/

thnk you
ArthurWill
QUOTE (primavera77 @ Jul 6 2010, 09:03 PM) *
AW, some trouble today? was intersting to see the votes..but i lost part of theme.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

You don't only have good eyes for themes. haha.gif Yup, I forgot to remove the votes before making them visible. tongue.gif
ronaldo23
Congrats to the winners clapping.gif clapping.gif and great job by AW clap.gif clap.gif
kewlone
Congrats to the Winners clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif
Bishop_Bacon
Congrats to all winners! punk.gif
sam1374
Congrats Orietta,Handikap....well deserved... clap.gif clap.gif
Thanks alot to everyone who liked my theme n voted for me... notworthy.gif
Congrats to the Toothies Winners... clap.gif
thump_rockstar
Congrats to winners clap.gif clap.gif Well done others clapping.gif clapping.gif Great job AW 10.gif
sonyd
Great Job? nopity.gif
thabull
QUOTE (handikap @ Jul 6 2010, 05:27 PM) *

1) you aren't an admin , real admin let me about my mj theme , look at the picture and read carefully again

2) you can freely make comments about my theme , but why show me my themes previews on forum , this is very silly

and very wicked

3) beside why didnt send private message about my themes mistakes?
4) this is my 4th theme, yours about 700, absuletly i have mistakes making theme because im new on carbide

5 ) you maybe a good themer but you never a good friend and good person
6) I try my n73 very very good my theme wink.gif

7)example your carbide theme

[b]I try Where all icons laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

8)
bravo Thabull you very right
9) look your theme I open and you using 298 png icons wooowwwwww!!!!!!!
http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/747290/

thnk you

so much to tell u my dear friend hakan.....

ofcourse i'm not the admin...... but i personally think that the real admin made a mistake here... rules r rules and they r for everybody.... and as far as i can understand, pingallery told u the same thing... is she silly, wicked a bad friend and bad person? was she "good" when she gave u her wall and now she is bad?

as u noticed i posted my comments in the voting thread, where everybody could c them after they voted... i could have easily post it before the voting, but i didn't want to mess with the votes...... considering "silly" my intention for the feedback i give to be a feedback for everybody (not just u personal) to use in their themes is really kind of wicked from your side mate
and by the way, i never called anybody names in here...
i consider feedback in a forum as a community thing. the "mistakes" u did perhaps somebody else will do. so i post the feedback in the forum so everybody can use it in their themes
i wasn't born flawless. i did mistakes in my first themes too, but i learned from the feedback i was getting and the feedback i was reading for other themes.......
in fact i had to wait for 12 STCs to get my first medal... u show much better promise as a themer than me..... (or is it perhaps "friendly votes"?)

if u consider as "good" friend someone who is always sucking up, i guess i am not.on the other hand i consider a good friend someone who is honest with me and available to give me his/her opinion (good or bad) and help.
i dispise hypocrites my dear friend Hakan, liers and cheaters.......
3 "qualities" u have just shown mate, but i can accept your anger, still i can't understand it.......
u say that i should have sent u a pm.... but i have already done this......
u say that u r my friend, still u call me "silly", "wicked", "bad friend" and "bad person". may i take under your consideration that i have almost double your age and your life experience and i never called names at anybody in a flash.....
i guess u will do the same thing for everybody in here.....

and from the last example u gave, i can also understand that u can hack .sis files (i never gave this .tdf to anybody) and get all the elements u need......

thanks for your appreciation..... i guess i'm "banned" for commenting your themes.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

still, congrats for your win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thabull
congrats to the winners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

primavera.... beautifull as laways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sam..... for me, your best theme ever mate.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tested it in my n95 and was excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
handikap............ just used a whole post for u dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arbri, temptation and gemini well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arbri.... excellent job!!!!!!! if u work with your png u will get much more!!!!!!!!!
tempty..... i think u desrve more mate!!!!!!!!!!!
gemini..... u r trully a rising star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just a tip.....
swt capri........ don't give up... u show development theme by theme.....

sorry people for making u read my previous post
please let me know if u don't want me to comment your themes........ i don't want to be boring.....

ArthurWill
@all
It's the same, during voting you should see a super bold text which tells you to consider each theme against the topic. Maybe next time I need to make it EVEN BIGGER. The reason why I didn't personally filter off "offtopic" themes is because what I think is offtopic might not be seen in such a way by everybody. That's why I gave you, the participants, the right to judge and decide according to the rules in your vote. And that's what I did, I voted according to what I see fit the topic and what not.

For those who have asked at the start of the competition which wallpapers fit the topic, I usually respond to it on time. However, for those who post only the full preview after they have finished the whole theme, and to do it just 1 day before the voting starts, I won't be able to alert you about you going off topic. And this is what happened this time. If anyone have better suggestion on how the contest can be run more efficiently, I invite you to give your suggestion & to help host it. I don't mind more helpers.

About comments, please don't take it the wrong way. Everyone have their right to give their comment, and that's the way to learn together and improve. If you can't take comment, just ignore them, you don't have to response/take action on it. On the other hand, you don't have the right to stop people who genuinely want to help in a good way.

@handikap
I don't know how you interpret my comment on your profile. I said what I think - your theme doesn't fit last week's topic. And you did apologise saying that you didn't see the word not allowed. So I figure out that next time I will put a big tick and a big cross over images, to make them more visible to all so to prevent this misunderstanding from happening again.
thabull
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Jul 7 2010, 04:39 AM) *
That's why I gave you, the participants, the right to judge and decide according to the rules in your vote. And that's what I did, I voted according to what I see fit the topic and what not.

i agree with u AW. by my comments i don't blame u for accepting this theme. i know the difficulties u have to deal with, that's why i think participants should take a more energetic role in STC in some matters. and since i had no time to check themes earlier (according to the opening post to), i could't raise a "legal" issue... so i voted taking under consideration the "in/off" topic as i always do.......

keep up the good work... after all u r only human and we r all here to help u and help each other. i consider STC as home and i wish everybody would do so....
gemini7010
@thabull thanks a lot my Friend, but i think im far away from a rising Star, but sound nice to me go on with compliments 10.gif

i readed about the png problem and as you can see i use them too 1.gif so i will try to change that after the holidays clap.gif
and about the comments, im always thankfull for those who say the truth to me, cause it helps a lot to me, so your opinion is always welcome! clap.gif
primavera77
Gemini,In themes of nth. if i remember well, u can use only png. I don't think carbide accept svg.
my dear friend, u are lucky, one headach less for u laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

AW, thanks for your comment wub.gif

Dear thabull, Don't stop making comments please. I appriciate a lot that u use your free time,
trying to help other to improve theming.

Dear Hakan, comments doesn't mean criticize.
it's mean that some one want to help u to make better themes.
and there is no end to improve and improve...

have a good day all byebye.gif
gemini7010
@primaver77 wow, thats a big relief i think i couldnt handle with all this vector things
and the carbide costs enough Headache also without that anyway
Thanks for the information clap.gif
Alamin007
clap.gif clap.gif notworthy.gif congrats to the all winners. notworthy.gif clap.gif clap.gif
handikap
QUOTE (primavera77 @ Jul 7 2010, 02:43 AM) *
Dear Hakan, comments doesn't mean criticize.
it's mean that some one want to help u to make better themes.
and there is no end to improve and improve...

have a good day all byebye.gif

Orietta I understand you but you know this is my 4th theme and Thabull made more comments about my theme
i am not against to comments but i didn't like that thabull criticized me badly, it was not nice and ethic.if you noticed that thabull talked about other people's mistakes shortly..but for me..thabull commented my theme in depht. i tried my theme in my n73 phone, it was good and there was no deficiency especially in music part. if i have mistakes, i can correct them, thabull have not to write in forum.. there will be good or bad comments but they must not be flippantly. Petra commented my theme and petra can always comment . but if thabull continue to comment flippantly, there will be a discussion................
arbri135
Looks like i have to comment here.

All i have to say is that Handikap is right

Thabull should remind that we are new to Carbide and the chances to mistake are 100%.Thabull you were Like us one time and you became a good themer after tons of themes and that's how we are.THis is my first theme in Carbide and i don't really understand Carbide at all.I Just took Some BLue ray icons and then created some softkeys and other things.I did'nt understand even 1 word from your commenting for my theme mistakes.So please be patient.We have to take step by step to arrive your level.Hope you won't get nervous by this comment.Bye byebye.gif
thabull
QUOTE (handikap @ Jul 9 2010, 03:02 PM) *
Orietta I understand you but you know this is my 4th theme and Thabull made more comments about my theme
i am not against to comments but i didn't like that thabull criticized me badly, it was not nice and ethic.if you noticed that thabull talked about other people's mistakes shortly..but for me..thabull commented my theme in depht. i tried my theme in my n73 phone, it was good and there was no deficiency especially in music part. if i have mistakes, i can correct them, thabull have not to write in forum.. there will be good or bad comments but they must not be flippantly. Petra commented my theme and petra can always comment . but if thabull continue to comment flippantly, there will be a discussion................

dear hakan... have u ever thought that perhaps i have more expectations from u and that's why i refered more to your theme? and have u also thouht that u might had more "mistakes" than others?
and as far as privacy is conserned, when u expose your theme to public, then u have to accept the "bravos" and the mistakes too......
and by the way..... why don't u use your n73 to make real previous? it will be much better mate....

and something else in order not to get confused and take things personal....... i commented your theme and arbri's more cause they were the only themes i could check with my phone. there were 3 s60 v3 themes and the one was techically with no "mistakes". i can't check s40 themes and the v5 has a totally different evaluation. i can't give feedback for v5 theme from a v3 phone. but i can recognize a png file in a v5 theme........
and as far as petra is concerned, i didn't c u answering her that she is not the admin and the rest......
but never mind hakan..... i tried to help u and u don't want my help so everything is ok......
still if u need anything u know where to find me....

QUOTE (arbri135 @ Jul 9 2010, 03:14 PM) *
Looks like i have to comment here.

All i have to say is that Handikap is right

Thabull should remind that we are new to Carbide and the chances to mistake are 100%.Thabull you were Like us one time and you became a good themer after tons of themes and that's how we are.THis is my first theme in Carbide and i don't really understand Carbide at all.I Just took Some BLue ray icons and then created some softkeys and other things.I did'nt understand even 1 word from your commenting for my theme mistakes.So please be patient.We have to take step by step to arrive your level.Hope you won't get nervous by this comment.Bye byebye.gif

my dear friend arbri.... who told u that i'm not patient? i understand that u r new carbide user and as u rightly said i also was.... but if noone points out the "mistakes" or the missing elements in your themes how r u going to be better?
if everything is "bravo" and "well done" how r u going to know that your theme making skills need some work? how r u going to "arrive at my level" (i don't know which level am in, but anyway... laugh.gif laugh.gif ) if u don't get feedback?
all these things and hard work gave me the skills i have now...... but it was always someone that pointed out my mistakes or things i was missing....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.