Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: M9 Interviews The Queen Of Whip, Pantoflica
mobile9 Forum > Site Related > Introductions & Regional Groups > M9ers Interview
Pages: 1, 2
ArthurWill
She is probably the only person in M9 to have soooooo many badges in her profile. Junior Admin, RC Manager, Legendary DJ, Certified Designer, Contest Sage, Community Superstar, Gallery MVP, Site Contributor - 8 badges in total! A while ago, she jokingly asked if we'll change our profile design soon, cause she is running out of place for those badges.

Yup, I think lots of you already know who I am talking about - the one & only Pantoflica, aka Jasmina.

Hello Jasmina! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to do an interview with you.
Hi to you too and to all m9ers who is reading this interview wink.gif

All of us know who you are - RC Manager, RC/WPC Queen, Contest Sage, M9 Admin ... what about giving us a brief intro to the Pantoflica that we don't know?
I didn't know I am all that??! unsure.gif
My name is Jasmina (even i think most of people in here already knows that), I am physical therapist running my own business - small massage salon (BTW.. did i say i hate my boss? lol). I love animals, have lots of pets and i don't eat meat. I can't imagine my life without music. Most of my free time over the day I spend on Mobile9 or entertaining my neighbours with my singing in the bathroom.

You are a massage therapist & a vegetarian? Now that's really something I don't know before. What about the story behind the name Pantoflica?
I guess you all expected some "dirty" secret under that name but I am going to disappoint you tongue.gif
Actually that nickname was used by my sister on some gaming site. When she got bored of playing she told me I can use her account. So I did. When I was signing up in Mobile9 i didn't have any idea what to pick so I used that one. As far as I know it doesn't mean anything at all. Boring, huh? laugh.gif

Well, not boring at all. We probably expect more superheroine type backstage story. But hey, things don't have to be always so complicated!
How did you find M9? And what makes you stay in this community for soooo long? 3 years!

I remember I bought new Sony Ericsson phone ... and wanted to get some new themes for it. So I used Google and here I am! I did find themes but also - which is more important - great friends in here wub.gif And they are the reason why you all can't get rid of me hehehe vampire.gif

The place you make your name is RC. How did you get your start? Did you ever imagine such a great success in there?
Not at all. When I saw RC thread for the first time.. I was kinda attracted to try but was also afraid that people could laugh at my work. So far as I remember I was checking it every week but was afraid to join. Finally one day I told myself: C'mon.. what can happen? So what if they laugh? .... Of course, none laughed and all people in there were extremely nice and supportive to me.

I think if you ask the same people now, they will be extremely glad that back then they didn't laugh or do anything naughty. devil2.gif haha.gif Continuing on RC ... it has been years since you started managing RC. How did you become the manager? What makes it to special that you're willing to spend time & effort managing it every week?
When Raz (previous RC manager) announced that he has to quit, I applied for that job. To be honest - more for the fun. I didn't expect I will get it because I was "newbie" at that time. As far as I remember I think Sven and Raz picked me because ... well ... have no idea why laugh.gif

Why I like RC? Because of the people who are the most supportive and nicer then anywhere in Mobile9. Because I love music and I really enjoy listen to every single mix people are posting there. Even the "worst" mixes are worth to listen because someone put time and effort to make it and we have to respect that.

I have to agree with you that people in RC are some of the friendliest M9ers I have ever met & everyone seems to know each other's real name! That is very rare!

Well, the interview won't be complete without taking about the whip.gif. How did it become your trademark in M9?

laugh.gif Oh my I knew you gonna ask this question! To tell you the truth - it's kinda Raz's fault. When I became RC Manager he told me:"You have to be tough to them sometimes or they won't listen to you and they won't respect you". So ... first time someone didn't do what I asked - I used it. And what happened? Looks like guys in there liked to get whip.gif from time to time. If you don't believe me - ask thumpy! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Your tools of trade in:
- creating ringtones

Audacity, Acoustica Mixcraft

- designing wallpapers
Photoshop

Can you walk us through the step by step process of creating all those brilliant mixes? Or you would like to keep it as top industrial secret?
laugh.gif No secret. The most important thing in my opinion is to use the music you like. If you use songs you don't like - you can't like what happens out of it.
So.. pick tracks, find parts which "suits" to each other (especially if you are new in mixing, don't mix hip hop with hardcore techno). I like when mix sounds like one song. So, you have to work with transitions: take care they are smooth and "invisible".

So.. have patience. It won' t happen at first try.

And if you are entering RC with your mix - don't think about the trophy you will/can/want to win. You have to enjoy mixing and have fun while you doing that.

3 most memorable ringtones in your entire collection? Why?
My first one - http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/304402/ Egypt remix. Why? Coz its my first "baby" smile.gif
http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/628608/ High Fly RC Week 99 - I really enjoyed making this one. And looks like people did too - it has over 250 000 downloads. More than any of my mixes ever.
http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/653987/ 5 Starts Variety - that mix made me so much trouble because we had to use 5 particular songs. But when challenge is tougher - the feeling is better when you can make it. thumbsup.gif

3 favourite wallpapers you have created so far? Why?
Because Armin Van Buuren is one of my favorite DJ

My first wally ever made from the scratch... using only brushes

This one takes me days to make it! Made out of over 30 images... sheeesh! gotta love it wink.gif

These days many M9ers find their inspiration from you. When you first started, who inspire/help you the most?
First person ever who contact me because of my ringtones was Antonis. He asked me to join MOS. After that I met more and more people with same passion for music. There is also one person who had patience to teach me how to mix (by giving me advices through headphones and Skype), who was always around when i needed and that's Goran aka Technokid. I am really grateful to him because of that. wub.gif

Some advices for anyone who wants to achieve success in RC?
Have patience. Enjoy the music. Have fun while you mixing. Mix a lot! Not just for RC. Practice will make you better. And what's most important: listen to the advices from people who wants to help.

Yeah and also: if you are entering RC - do it FOR FUN ONLY. Not for the trophies. Because.. if you don't expect anything but fun - there will be no disappointment if you don't win... even if you think you deserved it. And remember: if you didn't win, it doesn't have to be because people didn't like what you made!

I agree! It's the same with any other competitions we host here in M9. It's more about fun than winning. If winning is the only thing people want, they will suffer a slow & painful journey.

A place we must visit in your country, Croatia?

My country is beautiful and there are so many places i could suggest you to visit. So.. lets make it shorter - check this screensaver/wallpaper I made with few of the images of Croatia... and see by yourself.

That's all we have for you this time! We hope you enjoy the little chat we had with Jasmina.

grouphug.gif
derber
wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif It's really great to know more about Jasmina the whip.gif er wow.gif wow.gif laugh.gif
Great interview clapping.gif Thanks a lot Jasmina sister and dear Patricia wub.gif wub.gif
Yoyocell
wow wow.gif nice interview pat...smile.gif clap.gif

Good job Jas...smile.gif
novchanthol
Now i've to know the history of her, so good to be!
sp0rtskiller03
yehey another interview.. i love it. love the reading.. nice interview with Jas.. learned something from her.
ronaldo23
Great interview once again clap.gif great to know more about Jas smile.gif
pantoflica
QUOTE (ronaldo23 @ Jun 8 2010, 06:07 PM) *

whip.gif Shooo!!! Stop spending your free time on reading this and start mixing!

tongue.gif laugh.gif wink.gif
ronaldo23
QUOTE (pantoflica @ Jun 8 2010, 06:10 PM) *

whip.gif Shooo!!! Stop spending your free time on reading this and start mixing!

laugh.gif You caught me huh tongue.gif .. ok ok im going wink.gif
christina86
wow.gif What a great interview clapping.gif clapping.gif I really enjoyed reading it. wub.gif wub.gif
jeator
Great interview Jasmina and Patricia wow.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif
chander23
Great, my wishes to jasmina
ghassemoo
@AW... Nice interview Pat.
@Jasmina... That's great to know more about you.
novchanthol
Yes she's lovely one! wub.gif
idias_1
Great interview to the person i most respect and admire in M9 Pantoflica sis clapping.gif thumbsup.gif wub.gif

Really enjoy reading it wub.gif

Great work AW clapping.gif thumbsup.gif
CrazEric
Nice interview AW ... it's been a while since you've done one! rolleyes.gif

Great to know more about you Jas, but ...
I've always wanted to ask about your family:
You once mentioned your daughter ... so just how many little Jasmina's are running around in the world? tongue.gif
And I know life happens but when are you going to join us in the WPC again? dry.gif
cute_heart
It's really great to know more about Jasmina grouphug.gif
Great interview clap.gif
povilius
Thank you so much girls, for this interview.It was so interesting to me to read it & to know those things abt Jas i was interested to know long time ago. clapping.gif clapping.gif wub.gif 10.gif
thump_rockstar
Great to know more about one of the best all round talents in M9 clap.gif Great job with the interview AW 10.gif
@Jas.- I think its about time you switch to the username Whippoflica tongue.gif wink.gif laugh.gif
Adj1993
wow.gif nice interview laugh.gif
noahsarc
Now all i can say is that she is a real super star, full of energy and love and funny talks.
HamitShala
Its great to know more about Jasmina wub.gif

She is one of our best friends here ! 10.gif

Great job ! thumbsup.gif 10.gif
ArthurWill
QUOTE (thump_rockstar @ Jun 18 2010, 01:39 PM) *
@Jas.- I think its about time you switch to the username Whippoflica tongue.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif That's actually a pretty good name!
hardeepsinghheera87
gr8 intro jas clap.gif clap.gif
nice to know all abt u n ur favt salon boss laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
but AW forget to ask about her sig showoff.gif showoff.gif
why she have a deadly weapon in her hand whip.gif whip.gif
novchanthol
Yeah ! What will be next ? Jasmina your name like flower Jasmin wub.gif
p.snp
@jaz .... why u don't mention abt ur family ?? and how much time u spend in m9 daily ?????????surrender.gif

@aw.. please add some more in next interview , like ....abt family ,food ,culture,hobbies,dislike ...

Expect a interview with CE bro soon......... thumbsup.gif
bd_tongi
It's really great to know more about Jasmina
injamul_ahmed
wow.gif It's wonerful. Good to know more about Jas... love ya sis wub.gifwub.gif
Nice to meet u !!!
shaon007009
This is really great to know about Jasmina Sis.. After joining M9 I had no chance to know about her...
This made me really curious about her.. And I read it thoroughly.. I love her answer about contest.. " Join for fun only"...
This is really very much inspiring... Thank you very much... notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

And many thanks to AW for this cool interview... notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
rohan89devil
Hey!!!
Just stumbled across this interview... amazing smile.gif clap.gif
really nice to know you Jas smile.gif
so when is the second installment of the interview coming??? gathering.gif
laugh.gif
happy.gif

P.S.- By the way love the trademark [ whip.gif ]
reed31
great interview ... clapping.gif
really enjoy to read it... clap.gif wub.gif
kewlone
i wish i knew this before , Jas i need a massage laugh.gif laugh.gif wow.gif and i was enjoying this interview so much as i was reading about my favorite personality on M9 thumbsup.gif yeah i never told that to anybody wow.gif and yeah so good to know more about you , if your boss read this interview , what would be his reaction laugh.gif wohooooo wow.gif
pantoflica
@ all who found time to read this interview

Thanks on nice words wub.gif wub.gif

@ kewlone

Only massage i give in here is the one with the whip.gif .... so in case you want one - stand in line behind thumpy and rony tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
PS: my boss hates me the same way i hate her tongue.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

@ all who are wondering about my age and family

I am 67 years old, i have 2 kids, 7 grandchildren, and one more on the way. I play bingo every weekend in local pub, i drink beer and i snore when i sleep. I collect needlepoints and stamps and i have rheuma in my right shoulder.
Hope all this information will be useful for you somehow. laugh.gif laugh.gif wink.gif
CrazEric
QUOTE (pantoflica @ Jul 20 2010, 01:27 PM) *
@ all who are wondering about my age and family

I am 67 years old, i have 2 kids, 7 grandchildren, and one more on the way. I play bingo every weekend in local pub, i drink beer and i snore when i sleep. I collect needlepoints and stamps and i have rheuma in my right shoulder.
Hope all this information will be useful for you somehow. laugh.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

OMG for a moment there I thought you were Boxie
c2d22
me too enjoyed reading it wow
Are you really 67 years
pantoflica
you should know more about us - women.. we always lie about the age. I am a bit older but dont tell anyone tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

wink.gif

whip.gif Eric! Do not talk about my ex husband in here! tongue.gif laugh.gif
boxieblue
cool interview smile.gif
sscob1
Nice interview smile.gif
kochaji
Good to hear her Secrets of Success smile.gif
AMDOMINATOR
This Was One Cool Interview And Such A Pleasure To Read wub.gif And Of course It Is Really Inspiring wub.gif
Hey Jas Thank You For Sharing All Your Secrets With Us. It Is Truly An Honor smile.gif
Adj1993
Wow laugh.gif is this really true ??
demoni-1
QUOTE (novchanthol @ Jun 8 2010, 08:23 AM) *
Now i've to know the history of her, so good to be!

demoni-1
QUOTE (pantoflica @ Jun 8 2010, 02:10 PM) *

demoni-1
QUOTE (demoni-1 @ Sep 24 2010, 08:58 AM) *
QUOTE (pantoflica @ Jun 8 2010, 02:10 PM) *

liapireas
Really cool interview for one of the nicest M9 member I ever knew !!!!!
Jasmina you rock , I really loved learning more about you ...
BENnGWEN
Really glad to know all these & Thanks for sharing this wid us!
BlackJooker
All Friends :Hi.....How Are You?
Plz Help Me???
Defil3d
Anyone know where Jas is unsure.gif Or if anything has happened to her? unsure.gif Really miss her here sad.gif Can't even get her to respond on MSN messenger crybaby.gif

Come back Jas! crybaby.gifcrybaby.gifcrybaby.gif
derber
I believe it's close to one year that she's not around unsure.gif sad.gif
sonsyworld
QUOTE (jeator @ Jun 9 2010, 10:52 PM) *
Great interview Jasmina and Patricia wow.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif

Nice stuff and it's cool
jinxslave
wub.gif great interview byebye.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.