Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Symbian Theme Contest 34 - For HIM/HER
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > ThemeMaking Competition > Symbian Theme Contest
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ArthurWill
Coming back from Japan, where are we heading next? This week we are going to do something differently. Ready? Pick your glasses and read on!

Topic: For HIM/For HER
Description: If you are a male, make a theme for HER. If you are a female, make a theme for HIM. I know there are cases where girls like boyish stuff and vice versa. So we will take the majority. For example, let say I were to create a theme for this contest, I will choose LEGO. Some girls play LEGO but we know most girls have Barbie as their preferred toy. Alternatively, if I am a male and I want to join this contest. I will make a very pink theme. Some guys will wear pink color theme/shirt/accessories but we know most of them will say big NO when asked to use anything pink. If you have question about the topic, feel free to ask, I will try my best to clarify if necessary.

At the end of the contest we will have 2 sets of winners. Details to be revealed before voting starts.

If you are new, please read & understand the updated Rules and Guidelines for this contest

A final entries thread will be opened shortly where you place your finalized theme previews. Once posted in final entries, you cannot alter them at all. Deadline for final entries will be Monday, June 7th, 0300 GMT.

In this thread you can post your work in progress to receive comments and suggestions from others and also give your comments on others work too.

If you have any other question, feel free to post them here and we will try to help. If you know themers (S60, Series 40, UIQ) who might be interested in joining us for some fun, please tell them & provide them with a link to this thread. Thank you for helping to keep STC alive.

Enjoy!

Those who is joining us this week
1. findgirl45 - FOR HIM
2. swt_capri - FOR HIM
3. thabull - FOR HER
4. bd_tongi - FOR HER
5. TAZ667 - FOR HER
6. Happyyesh - FOR HER
7. Poupi - FOR HIM
8. handikap - FOR HER
9. primavera77 - FOR HIM
10. pmash - FOR HER
11. krish_nank - FOR HER
12. sp0rtskiller03 - FOR HER
13. gemini7010 - FOR HIM
14. chetancx - FOR HER
15. Alamin007 - FOR HER
16. moonlightmyfire - FOR HIM
17. your name here
18. ?
19. ?
20. ?
findgirl45
Count me in pat weightlift.gif
ArthurWill
@findgirl45
Glad to have you, Sonia! So you will be making a theme for HIM. smile.gif Any topic in mind? unsure.gif
findgirl45
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ May 25 2010, 12:55 PM) *
@findgirl45
Glad to have you, Sonia! So you will be making a theme for HIM. smile.gif Any topic in mind? unsure.gif

nothing in mind yet but i will soon post some thing laugh.gif
ArthurWill
@findgirl
Hahaha, sure. I am looking forward!
noahsarc
nice topic. liked the topic very much
swt_capri
count me in
thabull
tricky one.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif naturally i will make a theme FOR HER, but don't ask me the topic yet..... the possibilities are infinate... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

but will male contestants get male votes? and the same stands for females.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
findgirl45
QUOTE (thabull @ May 25 2010, 01:44 PM) *
naturally i will make a theme FOR HER

offcourse it's not me tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
thabull
QUOTE (findgirl45 @ May 25 2010, 10:35 AM) *
QUOTE (thabull @ May 25 2010, 01:44 PM) *
naturally i will make a theme FOR HER

offcourse it's not me tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

u can't be sure about that..... wink.gif
ArthurWill
QUOTE (thabull @ May 25 2010, 03:44 PM) *
but will male contestants get male votes? and the same stands for females.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

It depends on the mix of participants we have this week. My idea is to have male voting for themes created for HIM & females voting for themes created for HER. smile.gif
thabull
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ May 25 2010, 10:58 AM) *
QUOTE (thabull @ May 25 2010, 03:44 PM) *

It depends on the mix of participants we have this week. My idea is to have male voting for themes created for HIM & females voting for themes created for HER. smile.gif

hehehehehehe... i made this comment with a teasing spirit in my mind, but i c u r 1 step forward... (as always... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif )...
in this case, i guess we'll be having 2 sets of trophies.....
bd_tongi
I am in
swt_capri
@aw plz giv us an example for him wally

this wally is ok or i found another one

ArthurWill
QUOTE (thabull @ May 25 2010, 04:38 PM) *
hehehehehehe... i made this comment with a teasing spirit in my mind, but i c u r 1 step forward... (as always... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif )...

Hehehe, thanks! Yes, we will have 2 sets of trophies - Symbian Theme Contest 34 For Him & Symbian Theme Contest 34 For Her. And to do that we will need enough participants to begin with. So it depends on all STC folks to make this contest a successful one. smile.gif You reckon folks won't let us down will they? bash.gif devil2.gif

@swt_capri
That's a fantastic concept for someone who is making a FOR HER theme. A girl will want to use this theme which has the meaning of "she is still waiting for her partner". You are creating a FOR HIM theme, so a similar wallpaper which has a male standing there looking out of the window will be a perfect FOR HIM theme.

An example wallpaper which can be used for the FOR HIM theme, featuring a fragrance FOR MEN.

swt_capri
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ May 25 2010, 03:08 AM) *
QUOTE (thabull @ May 25 2010, 04:38 PM) *

Hehehe, thanks! Yes, we will have 2 sets of trophies - Symbian Theme Contest 34 For Him & Symbian Theme Contest 34 For Her. And to do that we will need enough participants to begin with. So it depends on all STC folks to make this contest a successful one. smile.gif You reckon folks won't let us down will they? bash.gif devil2.gif

@swt_capri
That's a fantastic concept for someone who is making a FOR HER theme. A girl will want to use this theme which has the meaning of "she is still waiting for her partner". You are creating a FOR HIM theme, so a similar wallpaper which has a male standing there looking out of the window will be a perfect FOR HIM theme.

ok got it now thnx
TAZ667
Very interesting topic AW. thumbsup.gif
Count me in. I'll make theme for her... serenade.gif
ArthurWill
@swt
Glad that you do now! thumbsup.gif

@TAZ
For some reason I always think about Tazmania when I see you. haha.gif Glad to have you joining us again, you are right, you will make a FOR HER theme. thumbsup.gif
swt_capri
here my choices plz help whihc one is best

Happyyesh
Hello AW, nice topic.. I liked it so much smile.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif
n I think it will surly allow me to make something for her angel_not.gif angel_not.gif oops.gif
so now count me in FOR HER wink.gif
handikap
@Samina İ LİKED SECOND WALLPAPER thumbsup.gif
Poupi
.............Love for him, always there for him anything for him!!!!!!!! And now a theme for HIM?!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif What can i do else for him? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Please my dear AW count me in..........For HIM of course!!!!!!!!!!! tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif clapping.gif
ArthurWill
@swt_capri
2nd wallpaper for me. smile.gif

@Happyyesh
Great! Glad to have you joining this time. Finished exam?

@handikap
Not joining us this time? unsure.gif

@Poupi
Of course you are in, newly crowned gold trophy winner. thumbsup.gif
enrique009
@Fatmirvf16
For theme Nokia S40 and Flash
handikap
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ May 25 2010, 01:02 PM) *
@handikap
Not joining us this time? unsure.gif

I join but I think ''him'' or ''her'' weightlift.gif
primavera77
aw, this is very very intersting contest tongue.gif
Can be a good subject for psicolgist experiment....
I need to make for him, thinking what can make him happy tongue.gif
and i have really short list :-))))))
Well dear thabull...i wish to see a nice pinky flower theme made by thabull, i can nearly imagine laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Maybe I need to re- read again man from mars woman from venus...

Countme in please ..Can't resist on such a topic
GREAT IDEA AW!!!!!!!!!!!
we are going to have fun gathering.gif

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
ArthurWill
QUOTE (handikap @ May 26 2010, 04:23 AM) *

Great! Since you are a male you will be creating a theme for HER. smile.gif

@primavera77
Hehehe, thanks! It sure spur some thinking. Looking forward seeing what's coming from you. thumbsup.gif
handikap
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ May 25 2010, 07:23 PM) *
QUOTE (handikap @ May 26 2010, 04:23 AM) *

Great! Since you are a male you will be creating a theme for HER. smile.gif

I thought so smile.gif
Happyyesh
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ May 26 2010, 12:32 AM) *
@Happyyesh
Great! Glad to have you joining this time. Finished exam?

Yeah!! Finished my exams and now I'm totally free in these vacations...now I can do some good jobs.
By the way this topics seems very complicated to me, as I'm so confused about what she'll like
pmash
count me in please .... of course FOR HER ...
ArthurWill
QUOTE (Happyyesh @ May 26 2010, 10:41 AM) *
Yeah!! Finished my exams and now I'm totally free in these vacations...now I can do some good jobs.
By the way this topics seems very complicated to me, as I'm so confused about what she'll like

Awesome! Basically what you need to create something for girls. For example: Barbie, Louis Vuitton/Anna Sui or any other brands for girls, or even macho man. Anything that a girl will use that a guy won't. smile.gif
bd_tongi

Is this Ok
Happyyesh
What about these two wallys

sp0rtskiller03
im a guy..hehehehehe

also if there are 2 set of winners, then there will also one for 2 sets for the non toothies and toothies. all in all 12 winners or more all in all?hehehe
krish_nank
Count me in... want to show how much i loved her.... sad.gif wub.gif wub.gif
ArthurWill
@bd_tongi
Depends on what you wanna tell with that wallpaper. If it's "Alone" those type of story then it fits the topic. thumbsup.gif

@Happyyesh
Both fit the topic! 1st is super kawaii. wub.gif

@sp0rtskiller03
It depends on the number of participants we have. smile.gif So are you taking part this time too? unsure.gif
Happyyesh
@Happyyesh
Both fit the topic! 1st is super kawaii. wub.gif

Thanks AW smile.gif
findgirl45
Hey Alex i just bought a hoodie for you cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

@AW:can i use it for Alex rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
bd_tongi
QUOTE (Happyyesh @ May 26 2010, 06:22 PM) *

For me 1st one 10.gif
thabull
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ May 25 2010, 12:08 PM) *
@swt_capri

An example wallpaper which can be used for the FOR HIM theme, featuring a fragrance FOR MEN.

i think this wall is for "HER"..... i can't imagine a man using this in his phone..... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (findgirl45 @ May 26 2010, 09:13 PM) *
Hey Alex i just bought a hoodie for you cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

@AW:can i use it for Alex rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif nice one Sonia.... and u can imagine that my fav NBA team is 76ers...... even though i was able to watch Air MJ doing his stuff.... this was approx by the time u were born.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

@primavera.... my sweet spring, someting pinky is coming, but it won't be a flower (at least not a flower as u can imagine one.... laugh.gif laugh.gif )
ArthurWill
QUOTE (thabull @ May 27 2010, 07:15 AM) *
I think this wall is for "HER"..... i can't imagine a man using this in his phone..... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Hehehe, what I wanted to say is she can use a wallpaper featuring "Ralph Lauren fragrance for men". Of course men would prefer to use the theme if it has a gorgeous model posing next to the fragrance. devil2.gif haha.gif

QUOTE (findgirl45 @ May 26 2010, 09:13 PM) *
@AW:can i use it for Alex rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Yes you can. Basketball is something that attract mainly guys. smile.gif
sp0rtskiller03
@AW - hehehehe.. i'll try my best again to join.hehe
_Abi_
QUOTE (Happyyesh @ May 26 2010, 06:22 AM) *

i like seceond one.....

but if you wana make theme then frst one is guud ...........!
Happyyesh
QUOTE (_Abi_ @ May 28 2010, 02:52 AM) *
QUOTE (Happyyesh @ May 26 2010, 06:22 AM) *

i like seceond one.....

but if you wana make theme then frst one is guud ...........!

Yeah! frst one is really gud for me too..
Thanks frnd... smile.gif
gemini7010
interesting theme
so i will join it too
swt_capri
here it is my try plz comment

_Abi_
QUOTE (swt_capri @ May 28 2010, 11:45 AM) *

i like...nice wall.and soft key............!
thabull
QUOTE (swt_capri @ May 28 2010, 08:45 PM) *

nice one samina.... it could be for both him or her.... clap.gif clap.gif very clever choice of wall!!!!!!!!
swt_capri
QUOTE (thabull @ May 28 2010, 04:38 PM) *
QUOTE (swt_capri @ May 28 2010, 08:45 PM) *

nice one samina.... it could be for both him or her.... clap.gif clap.gif very clever choice of wall!!!!!!!!

thnx alex and abi
imsagi
@samina ji very nice start
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.