Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Symbian Theme Contest 31 - Disney Cartoon
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > ThemeMaking Competition > Symbian Theme Contest
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
ArthurWill
Hey ya STC folks! This week we are going the opposite direction. showoff.gif A couple of you asked for this topic. So this time we are making something cute, so cute that people will want to play your precious phone. wub.gif Ready for the ride? Read on!

Topic: Disney Cartoon
Who doesn't know the magic kingdom? Many of us watch Disney cartoon when we were young. Chances are some of you still enjoy it today. So make a theme based on any of the cartoon show produced by Disney. Only one entry per cartoon show. So for example, only one person can make Winnie the Pooh. Once taken nobody can make Winnie the Pooh theme. Let us know which cartoon show you will be doing when you enroll. First come first serve basis. Be quick!

If you are new, please read & understand the updated Rules and Guidelines for this contest

A final entries thread will be opened shortly where you place your finalized theme previews. Once posted in final entries, you cannot alter them at all. Deadline for final entries will be Monday, April 26th, 0300 GMT.

In this thread you can post your work in progress to receive comments and suggestions from others and also give your comments on others work too.

If you have any other question, feel free to post them here and we will try to help. If you know themers (S60, Series 40, UIQ) who might be interested in joining us for some fun, please tell them & provide them with a link to this thread. Thank you for helping to keep STC alive.

Enjoy!

Confirmed participants so far:
1. deepasree - Mickey Mouse
2. sam1374 - Donald Duck
3. Poupi - Winnie the Pooh
4. sonyd - Goofy
5. bd_tongi - Aladdin
6. ghassemoo - Wall-E
7. thabull - Tinkerbell
8. _Abi_ - Tarzan
9. swt_capri - Robin Hood
10. mohib-rameen - Beauty and the Beast
11. laciad - Bambi
12. x360factor - Little Mermaid
13. Branislaw - Lion King
14. moonlightmyfire - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
15. primavera77 - Pinocchio
16. travis354 - Toy Story
17. pmash - Pocahontas
18. your name & the cartoon show you will do
19. ?
20. ?
deepasree
Oh lovely topic... Certainly i am in... please count me AW...

I making the theme

"micky&minnie"
sam1374
I am in too....with my Fav Donald Duck
ArthurWill
Alright, so the classic Mickey Mouse show is now taken. clap.gif Nice to have you again, @deepasree. thumbsup.gif
Poupi
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif This is my topic!!!!!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif WINNIE THE POOH is my choice of course....!!!!!! I'm iiiiiinnnnnnn!!!!!!! wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif mf_type.gif
sonyd
count me in with Goooofffffyyyyyyyyyyyy(Goofy)
_Abi_
im in...................pooh...............
thabull
i am in too......

if goofy belongs to mickey mouse show and it's taken, i will do tweety.....
just let me know which one of the two.....
swt_capri
count me in well didnot hav any thing in mind but i like disney princess and tom jerry

i will choose between of them
Branislaw
@ thabull, swt capri

I think Tweety and Tom & Jerry are from Warner Bros not from Disney... unsure.gif
Branislaw
I find this list of Disney animated characters

source:Wikipedia

I hope this help you guys and girls... byebye.gif
thabull
QUOTE (Branislaw @ Apr 13 2010, 02:16 PM) *
@ thabull, swt capri

I think Tweety and Tom & Jerry are from Warner Bros not from Disney... unsure.gif

so i'm left with Goofy........this is definitely WD and taken from "A Goofy Movie" wikipedia: A Goofy Movie
swt_capri
@branislaw thnx for info i will not choose tom and jerry choose another charecter
Branislaw
@ thabull

Yes Alex, Goofy is WD character but I think sonyd already choose this character for his theme (we can not choose same characters)...
ArthurWill
@_Abi_
So sorry matey, Poupi chose Winnie the Pooh before you ... maybe choose another Disney cartoon show? Here is a big list to choose from.

@thabull
Opsie, sonyd caught Goofy 1st. He is under post moderation so you might not have seen his post before. Pick something else? Fast!!

@swt_capri
Be quick. If you want princess please let me know the show now else later someone pick it up.

@Branislaw
Thanks matey for helping around. Looks like you know Disney or cartoon pretty well. thumbsup.gif Joining us this week?

@all
Toy Story, Finding Nemo, 101 Dalmatians, Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Bambi, Lion King, Tarzan, Lilo & Stitch, Wall E, Mermaid and a lot more ... choose one and you are good to go. Be quick! thumbsup.gif
swt_capri
which one is good

Branislaw
@ AW

I don`t know Pat...I have some personal problems so I`m not much in theming these days and weeks... sad.gif
bd_tongi
I am in with Aladdin
thabull
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Apr 13 2010, 03:24 PM) *
@thabull
Opsie, sonyd caught Goofy 1st. He is under post moderation so you might not have seen his post before. Pick something else? Fast!!

i was going to tell u that when i first posted nobody has picked Goofy. i had seen poupi's post, i saw Abi's post but the one in the middle..... it just wasn't there....... and even if it was earlier than poupi's it's next in the line.....
strange things happen.......

...... "post moderation" imho doesn't mean that i make a post today, it appears tomorrow and counts for today. it counts by the time it's allowed to the thread..... (imho again....)
i also think that sonyd didn't give us the show that Goofy belongs. and goofy belongs mainly to Micky Mouse Show, which is taken by deepasree. on the other hand i mentioned goofy's show...... (and that's why i was late for my choise. it was to easy for my to say "Goofy" right after deepasree's post....

but this thread is yours and u make the rules u want...... wink.gif wink.gif

so i guess i'll have to come up with something else..... laugh.gif laugh.gif
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Branislaw... thanx mate... i know that we can't pick not only the same character, but the same show too... but c above what happened....

@ tongi i hope this time u give some credit to the people who shared their stuff.... wink.gif
ArthurWill
QUOTE (thabull @ Apr 13 2010, 11:04 PM) *
...... "post moderation" imho doesn't mean that i make a post today, it appears tomorrow and counts for today. it counts by the time it's allowed to the thread..... (imho again....)
i also think that sonyd didn't give us the show that Goofy belongs. and goofy belongs mainly to Micky Mouse Show, which is taken by deepasree. on the other hand i mentioned goofy's show...... (and that's why i was late for my choise. it was to easy for my to say "Goofy" right after deepasree's post....

but this thread is yours and u make the rules u want...... wink.gif wink.gif

It says first come first serve in the topic description. Post moderation simply means the person can post but all his/her posts won't be visible to public until admin approval. I agree, it complicates such topic. But would you also agree that first come first serve means according to time line? As much power I have, I won't be able to change the post date & time. I am not Sonyd, so I don't know & I won't make any assumption whether he knows Goofy show or not cause it's not an issue this time, the topic doesn't specify the need for participant to provide a link to show. So all in all, he gets Goofy. Sorry Alex. Since you are able to come up with that "do you still want your fingers" gimmick, I am sure with the creative juice & humor you have you won't have problem finding another Disney cartoon that is not taken and make a brilliant theme out of it. smile.gif

@swt_capri
Ops, three wallpapers also look awesome for a theme. Hard to choose one ... wacko.gif

@Branislaw
Right. No problem Brani, hope you get some fresh air soon. That's the most important. notworthy.gif
deepasree
I think that, this time contest have one of the most difficult topic in stc...
ghassemoo
I want to start making symbian themes. So I'm in with Wall-E.
thabull
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Apr 13 2010, 06:32 PM) *
QUOTE (thabull @ Apr 13 2010, 11:04 PM) *

It says ........... a brilliant theme out of it. smile.gif

the point is that it's the second time that i spent my time in vain without being my fault..........

as u c, i have already told u that i'll find something else (and i would do that even if sonyd himself would say to me that i could make goofy....). so u don't have to explain yourself to me....... wink.gif

a simple "sorry. my mistake" would be enough...... we all have our real lives and u know very well that our time is very valuable to be wasted.... wink.gif
ArthurWill
@deepasree
I see. A little challenge is good maybe? I try to use different topic style so to make STC a little more exciting. smile.gif

@ghassemoo
Wow, can't wait. Welcome to STC, ghasse. clap.gif

@thabull
You gave your point of view earlier, so I thought I am bound to give my explanation as well. Anyway, those who know me know that if I am wrong or if our team is wrong I usually admit & apologise. I simply don't see it this way this time. It's fine, I won't explain any further, like you said, our time is very valuable to be wasted.
thabull
is tinkerbell taken? i think it's WD (i'm not that good with who belond to whom with all these funny characters..... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif )
liapireas
QUOTE (thabull @ Apr 14 2010, 08:53 AM) *
is tinkerbell taken? i think it's WD (i'm not that good with who belond to whom with all these funny characters..... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif )

Tinkerbell Alex ? clap.gif
It's nice to hear that you are getting to know your feminine side !!!!! laugh.gif
(No offense of course ! bash.gif )
I love Tinkie too .... cheers.gif
ArthurWill
QUOTE (thabull @ Apr 14 2010, 03:53 PM) *

Tinkerbell is available & it is Disney fairies. You are good to go! It's good to back to a smooth stuff after the scary colored phone guard series. tongue.gif Looking forward to your theme. smile.gif
elkztur
funny topic for making theme, lots of disney characters, enjoy this topic thumbsup.gif
thabull
QUOTE (liapireas @ Apr 14 2010, 11:39 AM) *
QUOTE (thabull @ Apr 14 2010, 08:53 AM) *
is tinkerbell taken? i think it's WD (i'm not that good with who belond to whom with all these funny characters..... )

Tinkerbell Alex ? clap.gif
It's nice to hear that you are getting to know your feminine side !!!!! laugh.gif
(No offense of course ! bash.gif )
I love Tinkie too .... cheers.gif

QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Apr 14 2010, 11:41 AM) *
QUOTE (thabull @ Apr 14 2010, 03:53 PM) *

Tinkerbell is available & it is Disney fairies. You are good to go! It's good to back to a smooth stuff after the scary colored phone guard series. tongue.gif Looking forward to your theme. smile.gif

devil2.gif devil2.gif devil2.gif devil2.gif devil2.gif devil2.gif devil2.gif i guess u don't know me very well after all.........

ArthurWill
@thabull
Hahahaha, I think I don't. Is that a hint that you are going to do a hardcore tinkerbell theme? unsure.gif Come on, don't keep the secret to yourself. You say you are here to share (in your theming thread). devil2.gif
_Abi_
no problm.......... AW.............

Im in wth ...................... Taran............ the gungle.Boy....

aaaAaaaaAaaaaAaa.........laugh.gifpunk.gif
thabull
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Apr 14 2010, 12:52 PM) *
@thabull
Hahahaha, I think I don't. Is that a hint that you are going to do a hardcore tinkerbell theme? unsure.gif Come on, don't keep the secret to yourself. You say you are here to share (in your theming thread). devil2.gif

we'll c..... i really don't know yet.... but still i got someting in my mind...... wink.gif
swt_capri
@aw count me in woth robin wood
handikap
nice topic!! 10.gif
_Abi_
i gonna become jungle BOy to make my themez..........

bette:rifle:
ArthurWill
@swt @Abi
Nice to have you girl & guy this week. Looking forward seeing your preview. weightlift.gif
mohib-rameen
nice

i will try with belle from the disney show >"beauty and the beast"
ArthurWill
@mohib-rameen
Great, nice to have you joining us again. Looking forward to it. smile.gif Beauty and the Beast, along with Mermaid were my earliest cartoon show. thumbsup.gif
mohib-rameen
AW . just a quetion
may i use this image
http://fav.me/d1q3gx9
moonlightmyfire
i'm in with disney princess
swt_capri
here it is my first try plz comment how it is and tell me how am i improve these softkeys

deepasree
QUOTE (swt_capri @ Apr 16 2010, 12:03 AM) *
here it is my first try plz comment how it is and tell me how am i improve these softkeys

i dont think that these are matching... Can you try other colors swt..?
swt_capri
QUOTE (deepasree @ Apr 15 2010, 12:03 PM) *
QUOTE (swt_capri @ Apr 16 2010, 12:03 AM) *

i dont think that these are matching... Can you try other colors swt..?

i will try weightlift.gif
thabull
QUOTE (swt_capri @ Apr 15 2010, 09:33 PM) *

on the other hand i think they match cause i c u used the colors of the clothes. but imho u could try the light purple as a touch in your softkeys cause everything look to dark.... of course it's just mho...... wink.gif
ArthurWill
@mohib-rameen Nop you can't. You have to choose a cartoon picture, not a human representation of the character. smile.gif

@moonlightmyfire Glad you have you joining us again after all the while. You won't be able to pick Disney Princess because it comprises of a couple of Disney shows in there - Snow White, Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin etc, some of which already being picked up by other STCers. If you want you can choose Snow White OR Cinderella OR Sleeping Beauty OR The Little Mermaid OR Pocahontas OR Mulan OR The Princess and the Frog. thumbsup.gif
_Abi_
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Apr 14 2010, 06:52 PM) *
@swt @Abi
Nice to have you girl & guy this week. Looking forward seeing your preview. weightlift.gif

i,ll try my best.............showoff.gif
laciad
AW I want to try with BAMBI

Can I?

I saw that this theme it's not taken.
_Abi_
QUOTE (laciad @ Apr 16 2010, 02:00 PM) *
AW I want to try with BAMBI

Can I?

I saw that this theme it's not taken.

yea you can..
heheee....laugh.gif sorry laciad
laciad

Thanks Abi for that but I prefer the AW answer

smile.gif
swt_capri
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.