Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winners Announced!
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > ThemeMaking Competition > Symbian Theme Contest
ArthurWill
Welcome to the Voting Thread of Symbian Theme Contest 29

Please read and understand the Rules & Guidelines to get the clear picture about voting. You have to put your top 5 votes in the order of

1. 5 points
2. 4 points
3. 3 points
4. 2 points
5. 1 point

Topic: Automobile
Description: Make a theme based on any car that is either coming soon or already on the market. Concept car is NOT allowed.

Please take into consideration whether an entry fits the topic & restriction when you vote.

This thread will close on 30th March 2010 0400 GMT.

Good luck to all and glad to have you in this competition this week! grouphug.gif
ArthurWill
findgirl45

laciad

sam1374

bd_tongi

noahsarc

Screen Saver

Progress Bar

elkztur

thabull

temptation213

Branislaw

primavera77

_Abi_

swt_capri

frenk-64

Longhairsteff

moonlightmyfire

supertonic *you won't find supertonic's entry in gallery yet because of upload problem. We are working on it.
sam1374
Voted.
findgirl45
Voted.
liapireas
Voted.
noahsarc
Voted.
noahsarc
voted
swt_capri
Voted.
primavera77
Voted.
thabull
it's time for ThaBull voting. so it's time for what i call feedback, but some of u may call it "bad news" laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

1. findgirl very nice Sonia!!!!!!!!!!!! as i told Sam in his s40 days, it would be better if your showed us your calendar in the monthly view....

2. laciad very strong wall laura!!!!!!!!!! but very colorful for my taste. imho u could have avoided using this red....

3. Sam a second Babe (it's how we call BMWs in greece) in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!! i liked the way you handled the feedback u recieved clap.gif clap.gif but there's more... (didn't want to post them in the thread yesterday, so i give it now. i don't think these 2 points are because the difference of the models and that's why i show them to you in order to take care of them..... if these are ok in your theme, just ignore my comment....

A. did u forget to add the landscape softkeys? (if u didn't, then it causes visibility problems for your signal and battery bars....)

as u can also c your wall is stretched in landscape and doesn't look that nice.....

B. when u use a white copy/paste highlight like this u get problems (in messaging) like this....

just check them in your phone to c if i'm right and have them in mind..... wink.gif

4. tongi very nice 5th edition theme tongi!!!!!!!!!!!!! imho your blue should be 86,145,180 (light) or 0,50,150 (dark) like the blue in your Mustung. i also don't c where the red fits in your theme (u could have used the 2 blues or a white ot light gray like the stripes..... wink.gif )

5. noahsarc u got visibility issues mate. i have a problem seeing your highlights (and my eyesight is pretty good... laugh.gif ) and the black text in your dark calendar is not a very good idea....

6. elkztur your Jag roars (or meaws...) nicely mate.... but i don't c the connection of your "menu" wall with the theme and imho u could have use a more matching red in your texts....

7. ThaBull........

8. temptation very well structured theme!!!!!!!!!!!!! checked it in my phone and got no comments for u tempt (that's good as u understand laugh.gif laugh.gif )

9. Branislaw i c u r specialized in B&W walls with red touch!!!!!!!!!! thumbsup.gif it's your 3rd contest with this style (of course new elements), will it be the 3rd medal? just take care of these 2 things.....

A. i know that the invisible copy/paste highlight is your style, but it's bad for usibility of the theme

B. did u forget the arrow black of u made it this way? anyway this also bad for usibility

C. your wall also strecthed and looses it's beauty in landscape mode

and take care of your preview (u show us the appl. screen two times. Nos 2 & 9) insted of that u could add some other screen.... (just a suggestion... ) wink.gif

10. Primavera i just love your analog clock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Abi there r readability issues with your second wall (the BMW logo).....

12. swt capri can't say much except that it's an amazing theme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. frenk i'm becoming a fun or your work frenk!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome Lambo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Steff do u expect me to comment this? thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif (even though your digi clock didn't feel nice.... perhaps the "mirror" in it....)

15. Moonlightmyfire got so tired writting your nick, that i can say nothing more than excellent work. i had my concerns about the wall u have chosen, but u managed to get a great theme out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. supertonic nice theme mate, but u got to present to us at least 75% of the available screens (have u read the rules?) the 11 screens u have presented is less than 50%......
and a suggestion..... the .gif u used is very impressive for a theme preview, but makes our lives difficult in order to check your theme.......
Branislaw
Voted.
shadowthemes
Voted.
laciad
Voted.
moonlightmyfire
Voted.
pingallery
Voted.
Poupi
Voted.
temptation213
Voted.
Supertonic
Voted.
frenk-64
Voted.
bd_tongi
Voted.
Longhairsteff
Voted.
ArthurWill
This week, 16 participants joined the fun & created some of the best automobile themes available. So who managed to grab the podium finish? Here we go weightlift.gif All the points are super close to each other!

thabull 52 points

primavera77 48 points

Longhairsteff 44 points

Results

Notes:
- Sam1374 & frenk-64 got the close call this time
- _Abi_, elkztur didn't vote

That's all for now! Thank you for joining us this week and we hope you have enjoyed the game & the process of learning. Don't forget to check next week's topic! byebye.gif
findgirl45
congrats to winners clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
swt_capri
congrats to winners
Yoyocell
congrats to all winners and all participated clapping.gif clap.gif
noahsarc
congrats to all, sad i didnt get a single vote ...any ways my first symbian theme and i don't have a symbian phone to chk my theme even.
pingallery
Congratulations to all winners:

thabull clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif primavera77 clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif Longhairsteff clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif
Branislaw
Congrats to the winners: Thabull, Primavera77 and Longhairsteff... 10.gif great themes...
bd_tongi
congrats to winners clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif
sam1374
Congrats thabull,primavera,LHS...well done mates... clap.gif
Thanks to everyone who liked my work.
Gr8 work AW... notworthy.gif

Thabull...just wanted to tell u mate...your theme was gr8 but i cant use it....u can see y.

for my phone i see my highlighted test as below..

as far as landscape is concerned, i'll take a note of it.
Poupi
To the winners!!!!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif Thabull your cute Beetle was always my favorite car (i love HERBIE)!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
My dear primavera please....pimp my ride!!!!!! wow.gif laugh.gif clapping.gif
Steff i think the time has come... Join us to s60v5 world!!!!! 10.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif
Beautiful cars my friends by all of you!!!!! 10.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
thabull
thank u people for honoring my theme once again. this gives me the power to continue trying improving my skills

a big congratulation to primavera and Steff

also i want to congratualte all the participants (old ones and new comers) for their contribution in STC

thank u guys

@AW i big THANKS to u too for making this running......
thabull
QUOTE (sam1374 @ Mar 30 2010, 12:36 PM) *
Congrats thabull,primavera,LHS...well done mates... clap.gif
Thanks to everyone who liked my work.
Gr8 work AW... notworthy.gif

Thabull...just wanted to tell u mate...your theme was gr8 but i cant use it....u can see y.

as far as landscape is concerned, i'll take a note of it.

i tried to work this... u know it, cause u already saw it.... but it seems that i did half of the work..... i'm trying to work my themes in both modes so everybody will be satisfied. so can u please tell me (show me a screen) which is this element so next time u will be able to use my theme in your phone? (u can pm me in order not to load this thread.....)

as far as the copy/paste highlight is concerned, i already told u that u know how it looks in your phone. u didn't have to answer my in this since there's no need to do anything about it..... i just let u know what i c in my phone (like u do) in order to know and try to fix those things (like i'm trying to do)

thanks for the feedback mate... i'm waiting for your help in order to improve myself wink.gif

sp0rtskiller03
@thabull - now.. urs truly is the best theme..hehehehehe
primavera77
Congratulation dear Thabull, dear Steff.
I'm honored to be with u 2 guys on the podio wub.gif
It is wow have 2 cavaliers like u tongue.gif

Thankxxxxxxxxxxxxxx all of u who voted and likes my theme.
It make me so happy clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Ok, dear friends, now we can just take our cars and go to take a good cappuccino...
Thabull....hope u have a heavy leg on the pedal.....
if not u'll arrive late...
u know, Lamb, Ferrari, Bmw etc..... laugh.gif laugh.gif

byebye.gif byebye.gif byebye.gif

laciad
Congratulation for all the winners here.

thabull
QUOTE (primavera77 @ Mar 30 2010, 02:43 PM) *
Ok, dear friends, now we can just take our cars and go to take a good cappuccino...

my small Beetle will be in time... after all it's Herbie's cousin.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
moonlightmyfire
Congrats to the winners clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif
Congrats Thabull,very nice theme..I have installed in my nokia e61i, it's great 10.gif 10.gif and thanks for your nice comment smile.gif
Primavera wow.gif wow.gif I'm happy for your result, you deserve even more clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
Steff,wonderful, I really like the color combination clapping.gif clapping.gif
shadowthemes
Congrats to winners clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
mixalis96b
Congrats to the winners: Thabull, Primavera77 and Longhairsteff 10.gif Great themes by all wub.gif
primavera77
QUOTE (thabull @ Mar 30 2010, 02:32 PM) *
QUOTE (primavera77 @ Mar 30 2010, 02:43 PM) *

my small Beetle will be in time... after all it's Herbie's cousin.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

u are right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
temptation213
Congrats to all winners ,specially Thabull!
Longhairsteff
Congrats to thabull and primavera...well deserved winners clap.gif clap.gif

Thanks all for so nice comments and for those who cast their vote on me...Thanks!!!

QUOTE (Poupi @ Mar 30 2010, 11:30 AM) *
Steff i think the time has come... Join us to s60v5 world!!!!! 10.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif

I will...sometime this year... surrender.gif smile.gif
ArthurWill
QUOTE (Longhairsteff @ Mar 31 2010, 12:26 AM) *
I will...sometime this year... surrender.gif smile.gif

You sure? Now I will keep my Nokia 5800XM for a bit longer. The thought of wearing an LHS theme on it is just wow.gif wow.gif

QUOTE (thabull @ Mar 30 2010, 05:38 PM) *
@AW i big THANKS to u too for making this running......

Cheers Alex, my pleasure to see folks enjoying yourself & chucking out better and better themes. thumbsup.gif
ghassemoo
Congrats to Thabull, Primavera and Steff.
Supertonic
QUOTE (thabull @ Mar 29 2010, 01:39 AM) *
16. supertonic nice theme mate, but u got to present to us at least 75% of the available screens (have u read the rules?) the 11 screens u have presented is less than 50%......
and a suggestion..... the .gif u used is very impressive for a theme preview, but makes our lives difficult in order to check your theme.......

I send my preview per pm to the admin to show. I didn't know that he use it also for the final entry. I had read the rules and i have another preview (not animated) where more as 75% would be shown.

It's also curious that my theme becomes 2 points and another theme with same style of backgrounds much more, because the other theme use also my created backgrounds with another car.
thabull
QUOTE (Supertonic @ Mar 30 2010, 10:11 PM) *
I send my preview per pm to the admin to show. I didn't know that he use it also for the final entry. I had read the rules and i have another preview (not animated) where more as 75% would be shown.

that was a misunderstanding as i understand. so from this u learned that u post by yourself the preview in the fianl thread... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif (i understand of course u had problems with uploading your theme.....) i guess next time everything will be ok... thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

It's also curious that my theme becomes 2 points and another theme with same style of backgrounds much more, because the other theme use also my created backgrounds with another car.

i don't understand what r u trying to say here..... u mean that two themes with black backgrounds got different number of votes?
may i remind u that this is a theme and not a wallpaper contest. it's the general "feeling" we get from a theme that leads everybody to voting. the choise and use of another icon pack, or another coloring (that supports the theme) really makes a difference.... when i created my theme i had two versions the one with the yellow highlights (as u c it) and one with light green.... two totally different themes......

just check STC 22 - B & W where all of the contestants had to use the same image in a black and white theme...... with your way of thinking everybody should get the same votes....., but no.... we had winners there because everybody added his/her own personal touch in their themes
and this is the big secret my friend. it very easy for somebody to take one of the "platform" .tdf from the internet and just add a wallpaper...... this will be a "perfect" theme, but without character..... adding our personal touch makes the difference....
i'm saying all these because i think u got potential as a themer and i don't want u to c things in a wrong way
unless u were talking about something else and i saw your comment in a "wrong" way..... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
swt_capri
QUOTE (thabull @ Mar 30 2010, 02:30 PM) *

that was a misunderstanding as i understand. so from this u learned that u post by yourself the preview in the fianl thread... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif (i understand of course u had problems with uploading your theme.....) i guess next time everything will be ok... thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

i don't understand what r u trying to say here..... u mean that two themes with black backgrounds got different number of votes?
may i remind u that this is a theme and not a wallpaper contest. it's the general "feeling" we get from a theme that leads everybody to voting. the choise and use of another icon pack, or another coloring (that supports the theme) really makes a difference.... when i created my theme i had two versions the one with the yellow highlights (as u c it) and one with light green.... two totally different themes......

just check STC 22 - B & W where all of the contestants had to use the same image in a black and white theme...... with your way of thinking everybody should get the same votes....., but no.... we had winners there because everybody added his/her own personal touch in their themes
and this is the big secret my friend. it very easy for somebody to take one of the "platform" .tdf from the internet and just add a wallpaper...... this will be a "perfect" theme, but without character..... adding our personal touch makes the difference....
i'm saying all these because i think u got potential as a themer and i don't want u to c things in a wrong way
unless u were talking about something else and i saw your comment in a "wrong" way..... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

if any one remember i already said thabull will be win the contest
Supertonic
@thabull

If all themer should use the same wall then is all clear. When the contest called Car's then must the wallpaper the important thing and then the other elements. But i think this the wrong place/ thread to discuss these things, because somtimes is a look out of m9 helpfully to know more of persons also of used theme elements.
So if you want to talk/ discuss more can we do this per pm.
liapireas
Congratulations Alex, Steff and Orietta !!!!!!!!!!!! clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.