Hi, I'm a bit of a newbie to themes, and although far from PC illiterate I'm having problems loading a pre-made theme onto my M600i. The approach so far:
- M600i fimware updated to the latest level as of yesterday.
- A .utz theme downloaded onto my PC (XP Home).
- Theme loaded into SE Theme Creator and Theme creator set for M600.
- Attempted to upload using BT, but BT has been less than stable of late. Have followed the instructions "How to connect" for BT. Set up Serial Ports as instructed, both in and out. Noted the com port and tried to connect. Failed.
- Tried 2 BT devices, using both generic and loaded device drivers.
- Dropped the firewall (McAfee) but still no connection.
- Tried the same with USB connection, phone set to both file transfer and phone mode. Did this by noting the com port in the phone/modem info via control panel.
- The phone doesn't show as "SE Device 00xx USB WMC Data Modem" as per instructions but as "SE M600 USB Modem". Have tried to locate WMC drivers via the net but this leads to a dead end.
- For both BT and USB tried every port available from drop down list in Theme Creator upload dialogue. Also dropped the firewall for USB.
- PC and M600i can communicate via PC Suite via USB, both from laptop and desktop.
- Have tried this approach using both laptop and desktop (XP Pro).
- Have accessed the M600i C:/ and D:/ via PC Suite to locate the Theme file, which I understand is under System on C:/ but can't see it.
- Event tried demo version of Epoc PC File manager, but this does not list the M600i and I thing only works for UIQ2 not UIQ3? Have tried accessing use P800 model but no joy. Can't find what I think is version for UIQ3.
- I've searched high and low for solutions including opening the theme file in notebook and locating the url for the download, with objective of direct downlod to M600i, but can't locate reference to URL.
- The 4 standard themes are available on the M600i for configuring and workl fine.
So guys, does anyone have any advise?