Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: M9 Chat With Your_mother
mobile9 Forum > Site Related > Introductions & Regional Groups > M9ers Interview
Pages: 1, 2
ArthurWill
She is on steroid! Since the day we did this interview with her, she bagged her 1st ever gold trophy in TMC! Who is she? Your beloved mummy!

Congratulations, Cornelia, for bagging yet another gold trophy in WPC last week. clapping.gif It was a terrific topic. I hope your husband enjoyed it as much as we did.
He enjoyed it a lot, actually! laugh.gif

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to do this interview with you. Peeps are waiting, shall we begin?
Yep, bring it on...

Great! For those who aren’t familiar, can you please give us a bit of background on yourself?
Hmmm... what can I tell you, that isn't against the law... laugh.gif . Well, I'm a barkeeper, but lately I don't work very often anymore. Which sure is healthy for me, 'cause I drink much less then I used to. Other than that I was always interested in all kinds of arts and tried working with pretty much every material there is. Finally I got stuck with digital design. I guess that's because I suck with everything else. sleep.gif I mean something you create at the computer can't just fall apart after a few days...

Barkeeper? Can I introduce Sven (ssivic) to you? He can take all the beers for you.
You have a very unique username. I have seen people start calling you mom. So why your_mother?

That started when me and my husband were making short movies together. We called ourselves "Mother 'n' Brother Productions". Somehow that just stuck with me. And I still think it's funny if people say things like: "Your Mother made that theme". I can't remember how we had the idea for the name in the first place, tho.

I see! So how did you find M9? What makes you stay so active in this community since joining in Jan '08?
I first made a few themes for myself, but got pretty quickly bored of my own taste. So I was wondering if I could make themes for other people as well. That's when I found Mobile9. I was absolutely fascinated how many people suddenly have access to my work and that they are interested in what I'm doing. By now I can't imagine not to be part of M9 anymore. I think the biggest reason why I stay is the challenge it offers. I get motivated again and again to try out something new and learn more. I don't think I would have made any progress without all the comments of the people here. Or the examples set by the great designers in this community. And besides that I love it, that there are people from all over the world. So many different cultures and still we all get along just fine. It's interesting.

Indeed! M9 is like a big family. Looking back, Leopard is your first TMC entry. It does seem you already have good foundation in thememaking / UI designs back then. Is that true?
Well, like I said before, I made a few themes for myself. But I didn't know much about it, really. The thing is, that I'm designing flyers and such since a very long time. Also I made the web page for the bar I'm working. So maybe I had a basic knowledge of things that just don't work well...

Right, apart from learning from your own experience in designing flyers & web page, is there anyone in M9 who has had a strong influence on your work?
Phuuu.... now that is a very hard question. I could not give you a single name. Besides I really try to have my own style. But of course there are always themes and wallies I absolutely adore and I wish I'd be able to create something like that. For example:

Wallpapers
Pretty much all the wallpapers of AXR
Rhythm by CrazEric
Heaven by Kashif85

Themes
Gear Animated by Tyronne................... Love it!!!!
FireSkull by Longhairsteff
Jet by Bishop Bacon

And there would be a thousand more. Especially themes, since I'm not a very good themer anyway...

Not a good themer? Hehe, try saying that now and peeps will want to know who did you bribe to get your 1st gold in TMC. laugh.gif Your 3 favourite themes so far?

Little big Planet

Because I just love the style of that game and I think I could recreate that pretty well.

Vanity

I was always very fond of grungy stuff and I like that kinda dirty look about that theme.

Wolverine

Hmmm... I don't know why. It just looks good.... unsure.gif

Besides making themes, you also participate in WPC and have achieved huge success in there. 6 golds, 6 silvers & 2 bronzes! Can you tell us your process of creating an entry?
I usually start by searching images that fit the topic. Normally I download around ten times more images that I actually use in the end. And it's always all kinds of stuff. I don't know why but I have a very hard time planning in front. So, after downloading I open all the pics in Photoshop and just start working on it. Again, completely without any plan. In that phase I realise which things really don't work at all. Normally the idea of what I'm gonna do with the image comes while cutting it. And then I search for more images. This time with a plan... It's all very chaotic... I'm also glad nobody can see the layers I have in Photoshop. I usually don't know what is what myself... wacko.gif

Your 3 favourite wallpapers so far (those you have created)? Why?

Basketball Insects

It win only bronze in WPC, but it's my personal favorite. 'Cause it's kinda weird and still looks pretty real.

Retro Handy

I'd love to have one of those...

Tango

That one was pretty easy to make, but I think the mood and colours in it are beautiful.

Your style appears to be predominantly vintage. Why is this? You're certainly very good in this style. Will we see you experimenting other styles in the near future?
I guess I go so much for the vintage style because I like it very much myself. Besides it's easier to hide mistakes if you have a lot of dirt and unclarity in an image... smile.gif And yeah, I'm always happy to try different stuff, but lots of times I'm just not happy with the result. Will see what the future brings...

You live in a beautiful country, Switzerland. What do you enjoy doing other than designing themes & wallpapers?
Nothing. Themes and Wallpapers are my whole life. laugh.gif laugh.gif No, seriously, I spend very much time walking with my lovely little dog. I like sewing (I mainly make ugly bags, but at least they don't fall apart...) and playing PC Games and of course I go out and get stone drunk once in a while. cheers.gif

Thank you for your time, Cornelia! If there's anything you'd like to add, go ahead.

Thanx for the interview! I feel honored to get one!! And, well, I hope I didn't bore everyone.

Cheers, Cornelia!

EDIT: Additional Questions From CrazEric
How many tattoos do you have and what are they?
Allright... I have six tatoos. A dragon on the right leg, some skulls with a weird tribal on the left leg, another skull on my neck (back), a thing that I painted on my left shoulder (really don't know what it is), the number 83 between my thumb and my fingers and my back is completly covered with wings and a sword in the middle... That enough for you? laugh.gif

What is your favourite drink and how many do I have to buy you before I can take advantage of you? whistle.gif
My favorite drink is Jack Daniels and I'm pretty sure I could drink all of you under the table...

And are you happily married to Huevo or do I still have a chance? devil2.gif
I am very happily married, but with your murderous qualities I'm sure you can find a solution for that problem... evil_2.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
_anuj_
really great interview mom, it was so good to learn more about you clap.gif
castleboyz
wow.gif I'm so excited to read my Mother's M9 interview. wow.gif tongue.gif thumbsup.gif
Nice interview wink.gif thumbsup.gif
DANGER__SHAH
Well i am just passing from here and see two great ladies talking each other cool.gif
Well i don't know that my moms name is Cornelia happy.gif
I like this part cool.gif

QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Oct 15 2009, 09:11 AM) *
Great! For those who aren’t familiar, can you please give us a bit of background on yourself?
Hmmm... what can I tell you, that isn't against the law... laugh.gif . Well, I'm a barkeeper, but lately I don't work very often anymore. Which sure is healthy for me, 'cause I drink much less then I used to. Other than that I was always interested in all kinds of arts and tried working with pretty much every material there is. Finally I got stuck with digital design. I guess that's because I suck with everything else. sleep.gif I mean something you create at the computer can't just fall apart after a few days...
ghassemoo
A great interview again from AW. Thank you. notworthy.gif

It was good to learn more about you cornelia. smile.gif
angelnaina
hey great interview. wow.gif .congrats too.now i know much more about mom.. tongue.gif smile.gif
Sourav_Kumar
Great to know about you mom...... wow.gif
adonisdemon
Great Interview. Lovely insight into @Your_Mother thumbsup.gif
sp0rtskiller03
great interview from mom.. cheers.
vegeta_sa
great interview. nice to meet you mom smile.gif
ronaldo23
Great interview clap.gif its nice to know more about you mom thumbsup.gif wink.gif
your_mother
I can't believe you guys actually read that... laugh.gif Thanx a lot tho! notworthy.gif Also to AW, you really are a great interviewer!
twintrix
thanx AW for the great interview thumbsup.gif
krakit
That was Excellent. AW, You did took this Interview as a Professional. The Questions were Very Sensible and Wise. clap.gif
and MysMa, i really didn't knew that my Ma's name was "Cornelia". This name reminds me of a Queen. i don''t know Why? But You have a Beautiful name there,
i wonder Why You hid it. gathering.gif
Plus, i didn't know that You and Huevo Pa were into Movie making. Thats so like Cool. clap.gif
This Interview gave me a Lots of Reasons to be in this Community till Life. You influenced Your Little One Ma, to become One just like You. i wish i reach Your Standards someday.
Grate Interview Ma. clap.gif clap.gif
grouphug.gif
findgirl45
great interview.thanks AW for such nice interview.best wishes for future mom. wub.gif
Tyronne
Great Interview! smile.gif

Thanks to Cornelia aka your_mother for loving that gear theme of mine. clap.gif I really don't know what to say. Thanks. smile.gif
srimunnamunna
its a great interview smile.gif great to know about here thumbsup.gif
thump_rockstar
A pleasure knowing more about you Cornelia smile.gif I too believe that the Little Big Planet theme of urs is ur best work, i fell in love with it as soon as i saw it wink.gif Excellent interviewing AW clap.gif clap.gif 10.gif
liapireas
Great interview Cornelia, you have a very beautiful name by the way!!!!! byebye.gif
Branislaw
Another GREAT interview!!! grouphug.gif
CrazEric
She is a fantastic, sexy, funny, talented and intelligent woman …
and that’s just AW – don’t even get me started on Mothers qualities! wink.gif

I have a few more questions for you … like how many tattoos do you have and what are they? tongue.gif
Also: what is your favourite drink and how many do I have to buy you before I can take advantage of you? whistle.gif

But I guess it’s not appropriate for AW to ask those questions laugh.gif laugh.gif

Oh and I’m honoured that you like that wallpaper … thank you
notworthy.gif smile.gif
your_mother
QUOTE (CrazEric @ Oct 16 2009, 08:42 PM) *
She is a fantastic, sexy, funny, talented and intelligent woman …
and that’s just AW – don’t even get me started on Mothers qualities! wink.gif

Hmmm... yeah... I really prefere you don't... laugh.gif

I have a few more questions for you … like how many tattoos do you have and what are they? tongue.gif

laugh.gif Allright... I have six tatoos. A dragon on the right leg, some skulls with a weird tribal on the left leg, another skull on my neck (back), a thing that I painted on my left shoulder (really don't know what it is), the number 83 between my thumb and my fingers and my back is completly covered with wings and a sword in the middle... That enough for you? laugh.gif

Also: what is your favourite drink and how many do I have to buy you before I can take advantage of you? whistle.gif

My favorite drink is Jack Daniels and I'm pretty sure I could drink all of you under the table...

I am very happily married, but with your murderous qualities I'm sure you can find a solution for that problem... evil_2.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
rhtz
great interview by both AW and CE laugh.gif.. ..and sorry AW, CE is the best interviewer this time laugh.gif.. ..

and glad to know more about you mom smile.gif.. ..now I know where to go for free drinks when I'll visit Switzerland laugh.gif.. ..
ArthurWill
@CrazEric
Great sets of questions! clap.gif It shows you know a lot more about mom that we don't. devil2.gif

@mom
Nice! notworthy.gif I'm going to edit my interview in 1st post & include Eric's stuff in there.

@rhtz
No need to feel bad about it, I welcome this! Now I know who I would invite to interview CrazEric next time. thumbsup.gif
Longhairsteff
Great interview Mom...and thanks for liking my fireskull... notworthy.gif
CrazEric
Mother – thank you for taking the time to answer wow.gif

… and about your last answer: take a closer look at the wallpaper I made for Huevo! wink.gif
My WPC wallpapers almost always contain some kind of symbolism. Normally I would not reveal them but I will make an exception for you.
1. On the wall is an Ankh the Egyptian symbol for “eternal life” (meaning he resides in the house of eternal life)
2. He is wearing the cloak of death (indicating triumph over death)
3. He is holding the “serpent of life” (a long serpent to show a long life)
4. He is holding a sword close to (but not against) the serpents head (meaning he can decide when that life ends)
and I made it that way on purpose … so he can protect YOU from my “murderous qualities” !!! tongue.gif

QUOTE (rhtz @ Oct 17 2009, 01:31 PM) *
and glad to know more about you mom smile.gif.. ..now I know where to go for free drinks when I'll visit Switzerland laugh.gif.. ..

I'll drink to that! cheers.gif

QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Oct 17 2009, 02:28 PM) *
@CrazEric
Great sets of questions! clap.gif It shows you know a lot more about mom that we don't. devil2.gif

@mom
Nice! notworthy.gif I'm going to edit my interview in 1st post & include Eric's stuff in there.

AW – I can’t believe you added those questions to your interview!!!
I was thinking you would kick my …uhm … backside for being so rude and hijacking your great interview!
That was very nice of you ... I feel so honoured thank you

QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Oct 17 2009, 02:28 PM) *
@rhtz
No need to feel bad about it, I welcome this! Now I know who I would invite to interview CrazEric next time. thumbsup.gif

I pity the poor soul that has to interview me … luckily there are hundreds of other long time, interesting M9’ers to interview laugh.gif laugh.gif
your_mother
QUOTE (CrazEric @ Oct 17 2009, 06:37 PM) *

My WPC wallpapers almost always contain some kind of symbolism. Normally I would not reveal them but I will make an exception for you.
1. On the wall is an Ankh the Egyptian symbol for “eternal life” (meaning he resides in the house of eternal life)
2. He is wearing the cloak of death (indicating triumph over death)
3. He is holding the “serpent of life” (a long serpent to show a long life)
4. He is holding a sword close to (but not against) the serpents head (meaning he can decide when that life ends)
and I made it that way on purpose … so he can protect YOU from my “murderous qualities” !!! tongue.gif

Now that was a very very interesting explanation... yawn.gif sleeping.gif Did the little teacher in you just come out to attack?? laugh.gif

..now I know where to go for free drinks when I'll visit Switzerland laugh.gif.. ..

Yeah, sure, I'd be happy to get you some free drinks... and then make some great pics in the moment you decide to run naked through to city... and post them here... thumbsup.gif
CrazEric
QUOTE (your_mother @ Oct 18 2009, 11:59 AM) *
Now that was a very very interesting explanation... yawn.gif sleeping.gif Did the little teacher in you just come out to attack?? laugh.gif

Yes laugh.gif laugh.gif
… would you like the little teacher in me to give you detention? tongue.gif
It’s such a pity that spankings aren’t allowed *sigh*
devil2.gif laugh.gif

..now I know where to go for free drinks when I'll visit Switzerland laugh.gif.. ..

Yeah, sure, I'd be happy to get you some free drinks... and then make some great pics in the moment you decide to run naked through to city... and post them here... thumbsup.gif

I hope that is directed at rhtz ONLY ... fryguy.gif
shalu2173
A great interview again from AW. Thank you.It was really fun reading it and good to learn more about you Cornelia. smile.gif You have a zest for life !! you have always spread smiles everywhere in M9 and delighted us always with your unique work !! Good luck !! thumbsup.gif
HamitShala
Nice interview clapping.gif clapping.gif Its great to know more about your_mother thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif wink.gif
topmanner1
That is just so Great.
takigta90
really great interview mom, it was so good to learn more about you clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
azeem_89
Hey, all old M9ers ... I am new to this forum. I find this site pretty cool;
I can only tell about myself that I am a student of ACCA, belong to PAKISTAN in Asia and I love to help and tease others gathering.gif
So I am spending good time here browsing, downloading and learning many things from here...!!
bd_tongi
great interview mom
azeem_89
Now I am a beginner and is getting much better with mobile9 community and right now I am contributing to this site as a "DeeJay".. byebye.gif
adnan11thoct
great interview!...mom's name is so beautiful..ur name should have been ur sign in name
Defil3d
Awesome interview wow.gif

Mommy, you're very awesome 10.gif clap.gif
umairrockx
she is rocking and thanks for a great interview
muhib_shah
your nickname (your mother) amazed me
Kabuto_1995
Hmmm... Super mom. But i want an interview with.....

...guess who...

ArthurWill.
Adj1993
QUOTE (Kabuto_1995 @ May 14 2010, 01:20 AM) *
Hmmm... Super mom. But i want an interview with.....

...guess who...

ArthurWill.

YA kaBuTo bRo laugh.gif M aLSo WaItInG fOr that clap.gif
kewlone
Thanks Arthurwill for introducing an awsome M9 designer and themer wow.gif nice meeting ya Mummy thumbsup.gif
bd_tongi
It's really great to know more about Mom
novchanthol
Very great interview , nice to know you ! thumbsup.gif
adolfhardik
great interview by AW, CE clap.gif clap.gif

great to know about one of the best designer of M9 . . . . clap.gif
shuvashisroy
god bless you..
best of luck.
sscob1
Great interview smile.gif
sumitneel
cool interview and replies...mainly i like the last line...laugh.gif haha.gif
kransh786786
great best of luck
mohamedali05
Great interview.i love you mom.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.