Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: M9 Interviews The Super Busy Atalantos
mobile9 Forum > Site Related > Introductions & Regional Groups > M9ers Interview
ArthurWill
Atalantos is a very popular M9er, an awesome community cheerleader and a man who never failed to create a big smile on others' face with his humor. He is also a Certified Themer, Certified Designer, and created amazing themes, wallpapers & ringtones that have been downloaded close to 7 million times worldwide. Nowadays he is pretty busy so we are really happy to have him in this interview. Want to know how he got the nickname - "someone who has no talent at all", why he started making themes, why he makes winning mixes etc? Read on!

Howdy and a round of applause to you, Mano, for winning yet another gold trophy in TMC last week. So glad to be able to catch you up and do an interview with you.
Howdy AW and M9ers!!!
I’m truly honored to be here, in this interview.

Can you introduce yourself to those who don't already know you? And why Atalantos?
Well, my real name is Manouso and by short is Mano
I’m from Hellas – Greece as you all can see at my profile info
Atalantos haha… 1st of all I have to explain what does Atalantos means in Greek. Atalantos is the one who has no talent at all, so "Atalantos" in English means "Untalented" "Ungifted"
I used to be a DJ and my nick name back then was DJ Manos, but a friend started to call me Atalanto ironically chair.gif … and I get used to it wacko.gif laugh.gif

How did you start making themes and why it continues to be something you enjoy doing 3 years on?
When I bought my beloved SE W900i, I wanted to make it look different, to make it unique… so I Google it and found the M9 Galleries full of amazing themes for my phone punk.gif
Then I said... hmm I want to do that also!!!
I downloaded the Theme Creator, took some lessons from the M9 tutorials and since then I’m addicted…
I can’t really express my feelings when someone looks at my phone and says "How did you do it?" "Where did you find it?"..... Em… I made it!!!
I will continue to produce themes and shear them with all of you as long I can.

When you first started, which themers inspired you the most?
Oh… I will never forget these amazing themes from
TermiteMusic with Yin-Yang Dragon and Little Dragon
Patrick_Lippe with Aqua Graphite, AlienLand and Subtle
Rantanplan with Wind of Emotion
Baby_oink with tekken – Yoshimitsu
Zjurina with 2001_A Space Odyssey
Azumoru with Plasma Vortex, LifeLine and Black & White panels
Jasnasto with Vista Ultimate, Burning Desire and Demon of Fire
dr_megabyte with Atom, Alienware, Butterfly, Tribal, Blue Waves… this would be endless by dr
but the one which grab my attention and said ‘I want to make themes like this one’ crybaby.gif was by Sedma with Gold

Like others, you started with making basic themes but these days you are able to produce themes that consistently making it to podium in TMC, received many many favourites & downloads. How did you achieve that?
Well that's because I’ve learn how to use Photoshop CS and how to make themes laugh.gif tongue.gif
I have said it before in TMC… you have to be patience of what you are doing and always studying what everybody else is doing haha devil2.gif
Just keep your theming style functional and readable, that will do... and soon enough it will be recognizable.

3 of your top favourite themes (your own themes) so far?

My favorite 3

FL Studio

Silver Dragon

214 TMC entry Pirates

Till this date Mano is one of the only two M9er who has won gold trophy in all 3 competitions. So lets dig a little more into that.

Besides making themes you also participated in RC & WPC. How did that come from?

Well TMC and WPC have one thing in common, Photoshop CS!!!
It’s very obvious to take part in both competitions when you use the same tool wink.gif
Now, as for RC… as I said, I used to be a DJ, so, one part of my self belongs to music

We used to see you everyday in M9 (& I miss that a lot) but you recently got a new job. How has it been?
I miss M9 too crybaby.gif
I’m trying to manage my time so that I can be more active but, my job has unpredictable situations that require a lot of time at any time
But I’m really enjoying my new job and particular my business trips devil2.gif

Besides theming, what else do you enjoy doing when you have free time?
When I have my nerves … I play some music with my CDJ’s ...a couple of hours will do laugh.gif
When I’m bored … I’m grabbing my bicycle for a ride!!!
When I’m happy… I go out with my friends, playing Tekken
When I feel creative... I’m making themes, manipulating photos, editing videos…
When I want to calm down, I watch a movie, listen to an internet radio and basically not thinking of my job at all laugh.gif

It's soooo good talking to you today. Thank you for your time! If there's anything you'd like to add, go ahead.
The pleasure is mine AW
In all these 3 years I’ve been here, I only have one regret dry.gif
Why I didn’t Google M9 earlier crybaby.gif
Seriously, M9 is a very special place for me, I had and I’m having fun in here whenever I login!!!
The M9 admin team is awesome and very helpful
M9 community has a family feeling and that’s making it so unique, for me at least laugh.gif tongue.gif
Overall I’m feeling very happy.gif when I know that there are almost 7 million people in all over the world, having my themes, wallpapers, ringtones and videos on their phones!!!

you M9 for the amazing years that past and to those that they will come grouphug.gif

Thank you Mano. I'm so touched by what you say about M9 & the community. We are very fortunate & honoured to have a member like you too. notworthy.gif
ssivic
Wow, very cool!!! clapping.gif I also want to thank you Mano for all those Porsche themes you made for me that I am still using smile.gif
boxieblue
coool! nice interview!
jasnasto
clap.gifclap.gif both for AW and Atalantos...great interview with nice collection of interesting smilies... thumbsup.gif
vegeta_sa
great intevier thumbsup.gif

Atalaanto=no talent laugh.gif that is definatly not true when it comes to his m9 career
shalu2173
Wow Great interview with Atalantos..Nice to know more about you Mano besides your theming skills..May I know what is the opposite of ATALANTOS ??? Ur Alien theme is my all time favorite !!

Great interview Arthur !!:clap:
jolansky
Amazing,,,worth emulating.You inspire!!!
Sourav_Kumar
This So awesome interview... wow.gif ..Great to know about you Mano.........
zjurina
Great interview thumbsup.gif

Thank you for mentionning me Ata notworthy.gif
It is an great honnour and pleasure for me bieng one of the people who inspired you.

Wish you even more success and improvement in theming, and the best with your new job !
sp0rtskiller03
what a nice interview.. i lyk reading interviews.. so who's next??? cant wait for it.
elaginn
Great interview!!! clapping.gif But why so short??? crybaby.gif Its better than reading a book. wow.gif Thanks AW. thumbsup.gif
ronaldo23
Awesome interview clap.gif its good to know more about you Mano thumbsup.gif
Megalomaniac_X
YOU ARE THE BEST DJ MANOUSO notworthy.gif notworthy.gif clap.gif clap.gif thumbsup.gif
smart_angel
KOOOL!!!!!!!!!!
findgirl45
nice interview 10.gif
DANGER__SHAH
Wow it was a really nice to see Atalantos here wow.gif
nick222
Nice interview Arthurwill, as usual... thumbsup.gif
jolansky
Can't wait to see who's next in the limelight!

Hail to Atalantos!! notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
Bishop_Bacon
Highly interesting interview smile.gif Keep up the good work!
HamitShala
wow.gif What a gr8 interview wow.gif Manouso is a gr8 man wow.gif
castleboyz
Nice interview smile.gif
It's so great to know about the talented Atalantos. clap.gif thumbsup.gif
suryasparuh
cool
twintrix
I suggest to create new badge - "M9 Journalist" wink.gif great interview Arthur, you are gifted at it, good luck thumbsup.gif
_anuj_
wonderful interview, really enjoyed reading this so much your themes are so so good, well done clap.gif
pantoflica
Mano wub.gif is one of my all-time-favorite m9ers - great to see this interview with him. Last year he made me theme for my phone (for me only - with my name wow.gif ) and i still have that one on it and not planning to change it ever wub.gif
Once again- thank you notworthy.gif
rhtz
Ata wow.gif.. ..it's great to know more about you and awesome interview AW clapping.gif.. ..
Miss_angel
YAY YAY !!! hip hip hoooray!!!!!!!!!!
just fabulous..... 10.gif 10.gif 10.gif 10.gif clap.gif
bestest interview by AW ......nice to hear from Atalantos
Atalantos
all for your nice words notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

I'm really wow.gif with this!!!

Thank you AW notworthy.gif

Thank you M9 grouphug.gif
thump_rockstar
I have always enjoyed watching Ata's creations, may it be wally's,themes or ringtones, one of the best all round talents in grouphug.gif clap.gif clap.gif It was really great knowing u more bro smile.gif Superb interview AW 10.gif
ghassemoo
So Amazing Interview. I Really Enjoyed to Reading This. Thank You AW. thumbsup.gif

This Interview Could Be Better with One Photo from Mano. rolleyes.gif
Atalantos
QUOTE (thump_rockstar @ Oct 6 2009, 09:20 PM) *
I have always enjoyed watching Ata's creations, may it be wally's,themes or ringtones, one of the best all round talents in grouphug.gif clap.gif clap.gif It was really great knowing u more bro smile.gif Superb interview AW 10.gif

Thanx Thumpy notworthy.gif

QUOTE (ghassemoo @ Oct 12 2009, 01:51 PM) *
So Amazing Interview. I Really Enjoyed to Reading This. Thank You AW. thumbsup.gif

haha.gif... tongue.gif
thump_rockstar
QUOTE (ghassemoo @ Oct 12 2009, 04:21 PM) *

Well actually you bring out a good point there 10.gif
How about all those who get interviewed share one of their photo with us too wow.gif

CrazEric
Nice interview I enjoyed it thumbsup.gif

… and don’t fall for it mate! Unless you already have photos on Facebook or something happy.gif
Rather give them a description of yourself tongue.gif

thump_rockstar
QUOTE (CrazEric @ Oct 13 2009, 09:32 PM) *

… and don’t fall for it mate! Unless you already have photos on Facebook or something happy.gif

bash.gif Rofl laugh.gif
Atalantos
QUOTE (CrazEric @ Oct 13 2009, 07:02 PM) *
Nice interview I enjoyed it thumbsup.gif

well... unsure.gif I... I don't use facebook thumbdown.gif

I'm kind of an old school internet user, which doesn't leave too much personal info to the net laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif
antonis1978
Wraios Manouso wow.gif thumbsup.gif
muhib_shah
amazing interview
Yoyocell
Great...bro
kochaji
Nice one again
Aeronitor
amazing interview clap.gif
wrecked_life
Wow wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.