Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Signal Strength Enhancer?
mobile9 Forum > Mobile Phone > Polls
katandlew
Hi,

I have the Nokia N97.

I am not fully impressed with it, the phone keeps reverting to factory settings at any point it chooses, it crashed at least once a day nad the battery lasts for a maximum of 4 hours when programmes like facebook or e-mail are running.

Even more annoying than that is the fact that my signal strength is now awfully low, pretty much no matter where I go.

Can anyone tell me if there is anything I can download or do to enhance the strength. I am at my wits end and am thinking of reverting back to the N85 instead or even back to Sony Ericsson which did not have any of these problems.

Anyone who can help would be an angel.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
vegeta_sa
there realy is no way of incresing signal sttrength exept for making sure that your hands dont cover the internal arieal.
as for the phone crashing, try updating the firm ware.
katandlew
QUOTE (vegeta_sa @ Sep 16 2009, 03:22 AM) *
there realy is no way of incresing signal sttrength exept for making sure that your hands dont cover the internal arieal.

Thank you. I wil try that.
vegeta_sa
Also this is an old code, for setting your signal higer on Nokia phones i am not sure if it works on the n97 i doubt it will work though as the phone setting is normally defualted to higest signal unless some one has been messing with your phone:

*#3370#

this either activates or deactivates EFR (Enhanced Full Rate Codec), to see if it is on basically if it is off batery life is 30% longer but signal is crappy and if its onn Vice versa.
Lovingraza93
U cann,t increase ur signal strength except changing connection
aleckingdom
You can't do it. Except if you stand on the field and you can make your signal strength become best!
arbri135
thanks
asharushar2
QUOTE (vegeta_sa @ Sep 16 2009, 03:52 PM) *

vegeta is right byebye.gif
saraluna
no u can`t
muhib_shah
you cant do it
muhib_shah
there is no way to increase signal strength
Pratyush_gamer
Actually signal strength can be reset with your operater
glisser
actually, there is a such thing, depending on what your needs are. you can purchase an enhancer, but they are designed to enhance your signal for a certain area (example: you get a weak signal in your office).

here, you can check out what i mean at this site.
Nokia accessory- phone signal booster
Pratyush_gamer
There no way of incresing signal strength or either make sure that you have original body of your mobile...(If u buyed a new one)
madho_1
QUOTE (Pratyush_gamer @ Apr 21 2010, 08:23 PM) *
There no way of incresing signal strength or either make sure that you have original body of your mobile...(If u buyed a new one)

i agree with him

chrysis1995
Its programmed...you can't
chander23
it depends upon service provider
kochaji
In code less phones i can do that but not in a mobile
bd_tongi
wallbash.gif
Kabuto_1995
wub.gif
BENnGWEN
Signal strength is totally dependable on your location & the tower of the service provider's location near u. So, can't change! crybaby.gif crybaby.gif
CLEOPATTRA
no sorry dear
eliasjan
QUOTE (katandlew @ Sep 16 2009, 01:29 PM) *
Hi,

I have the Nokia N97.

I am not fully impressed with it, the phone keeps reverting to factory settings at any point it chooses, it crashed at least once a day nad the battery lasts for a maximum of 4 hours when programmes like facebook or e-mail are running.

Even more annoying than that is the fact that my signal strength is now awfully low, pretty much no matter where I go.

Can anyone tell me if there is anything I can download or do to enhance the strength. I am at my wits end and am thinking of reverting back to the N85 instead or even back to Sony Ericsson which did not have any of these problems.

Anyone who can help would be an angel.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

When I Bought My Phone The Battery Only Work For 6 Hours Then I Bought A Kung-Fu-Lo Battery And Charger And Now Its Working great About Signal And Crashing Update Your Phone Firmware With Nokia Software Updater
thewrench
you cant do anything about it
sumitneel
i think there isnt any way to increase your phone signal strength by tour own.only you can do is to change the area.may be the area catches low signal.and for phone crashing update your phones firmware or take it to nokia care
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.