Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dust Inside Screen Cover - How Do You Eliminate It?
mobile9 Forum > Mobile Phone > Polls
macgyver1macgyver
G'day everyone.

I'm interested to know if there are any special tricks to get rid of all traces of dust when changing a phone cover. I recently replaced the cover on my phone and bought a special Carl Zeiss lens cloth to get the screen and cover dust and streak free before putting it all together. In normal situations, it looks fine, but outside in the sun, I can see heaps of dust stuck under the cover. When these phones are manufactured, somebody manages to prevent dust and seal it all up - how the hell do the rest of us do this?

Cheers

macgyver
vegeta_sa
I dont know about sealing the phone, but i use one of those compressed air keyboad cleaners to blow the dust out.
nick222
QUOTE (vegeta_sa @ Sep 10 2009, 01:45 AM) *
I dont know about sealing the phone, but i use one of those compressed air keyboad cleaners to blow the dust out.

Yeap, that's the cheapest solution... the best is to use an ionized air blower after cleaning with clean room class wipes and during assembly of the unit...
macgyver1macgyver
Cheers for your input. I've never heard of 'Keyboard cleaners', but I figure it might be like those photographer's aerosol containers with gentle brushes on it for cleaning camera equipment. I'll look into it.

All the best.
Magyver
vegeta_sa
QUOTE (macgyver1macgyver @ Sep 11 2009, 02:30 AM) *
Cheers for your input. I've never heard of 'Keyboard cleaners', but I figure it might be like those photographer's aerosol containers with gentle brushes on it for cleaning camera equipment. I'll look into it.

All the best.
Magyver

yep prety much the same thing, just dont use too much presure dont want you blowing the phone away laugh.gif
rizwanak47
Great
Lovingraza93
wow
aleckingdom
Awesome!
topmanner1
You should use screen protector.
arbri135
use screen protector clap.gif
arbri135
like topmanner said
asharushar2
i used lemination byebye.gif byebye.gif byebye.gif
asharushar2
QUOTE (arbri135 @ Dec 25 2009, 11:40 PM) *
like topmanner said

i agree byebye.gif byebye.gif byebye.gif

saraluna
i agree
bd_tongi
me too
shaon007009
QUOTE (vegeta_sa @ Sep 10 2009, 02:45 PM) *

This Is The Great Idea..... grouphug.gif
madho_1
QUOTE (asharushar2 @ Jan 9 2010, 02:12 AM) *
QUOTE (arbri135 @ Dec 25 2009, 11:40 PM) *
like topmanner said

i agree byebye.gif byebye.gif byebye.gif

me too
smartsam12329
interesting topic
proteus0291
QUOTE (smartsam12329 @ Mar 21 2010, 07:34 PM) *
interesting topic

Clean the LCD thoroughly first then apply screen protector. It prevents dust from accumulating plus it protects your screen from scratches too
Pratyush_gamer
Dude lamination is better option because it prevents your mobile from dust....
justbe3112
if u have dust inside the screen cover is because the covers are loose from frequent change of cover (clean before ) or from phone falling- some of the clips maybe broken & let the dust in, change the cover in the last case.smile.gif
glisser
your name is macgyver! isnt he supposed to know how to solve all impossible problems? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
uf168
you can clean dust from inside screen cover easily with screen protect paper .
kochaji
Wash it gently with a mild detergent laugh.gif
BENnGWEN
Have u ever tried to drop taht in a bowl of soap water!!
CLEOPATTRA
byebye.gif
eliasjan
QUOTE (macgyver1macgyver @ Sep 10 2009, 06:58 AM) *
G'day everyone.

I'm interested to know if there are any special tricks to get rid of all traces of dust when changing a phone cover. I recently replaced the cover on my phone and bought a special Carl Zeiss lens cloth to get the screen and cover dust and streak free before putting it all together. In normal situations, it looks fine, but outside in the sun, I can see heaps of dust stuck under the cover. When these phones are manufactured, somebody manages to prevent dust and seal it all up - how the hell do the rest of us do this?

Cheers

macgyver

Put It In Water
thewrench
you got it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.