Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TMC Discussions
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > ThemeMaking Competition > Thememaking Challenge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
p.snp
QUOTE (primavera77 @ Aug 24 2010, 01:51 AM) *
p.snp, i understand your troubel, but if i have to make the preview less then 1 mega,this mean i have to do it in jpg, or very very small.
this mean u can't really watch the details, and u lost the real color of the theme.
But u can always watch the preview in the galery of each one page. there we are obligate to upload it in less the 1 mega.... wink.gif

i don't know, am wondering !!!!!!!! how your's file overide 1mb as am also save my preview in ".pmg ".... I think i may be due to everyone here hav add some special effectz and blending with ur preview and ..i noticed that u all are using some special background ,patterns...it maybe the other reason for increase file size....... surrender.gif

@TMC managers .....

It is my another request............... surrender.gif

pls make common resolution for preview .....here i noticed lot of diffrent resolution .........sad.gif
pls create a restriction "full preview size width 1050 x hight 1100 " ...no other resolution ..... ohmy.gif
and make second restriction ....that no other special effect or background on preview image..... use one plane colour..no additionals...coz it is not WPC ..it is TMC .......... byebye.gif

@all ............

i agreed u all ....if u couldn't reduce size below 1mb pls.......try to keep it's size atealest below 2mb or 3mb .... wallbash.gif so i can dwd it by dwd manager .... surrender.gif thank u ................ byebye.gif

(and sorry for my bad english .... wallbash.gif )
thabull
QUOTE (p.snp @ Aug 24 2010, 02:58 AM) *
@TMC managers .....

It is my another request............... surrender.gif [/b]
[/u][/size][/color]

pls make common resolution for preview .....here i noticed lot of diffrent resolution .........sad.gif
pls create a restriction "full preview size width 1050 x hight 1100 " ...no other resolution ..... ohmy.gif
and make second restriction ....that no other special effect or background on preview image..... use one plane colour..no additionals...coz it is not WPC ..it is TMC .......... byebye.gif

again u r making a small mistake... u don't take under consideration that there are various resolutions in themes... e.g. between s60 v3 and v5....... so i don't know if the size u propose would fit all..... wink.gif
and still u r asking from moderators to make this a rule...... but consider this..... in s60 some themers like to present the minimum amount of screens needed (approx 16), some others like to present the more screens they can in order for users to c exactly what they get and not a few random screens. when i look at a theme in order to vote i want to c all of the screens if possible... how can i "judge" a theme if i look only at 10 "selected" screens?

but i agree with u 100% that the themers should themselves try to make their previews with the best quality in the lowest size possible.....
e.g. when i made my first preview it was to heavy... almost 2,5 mb... but i felt that this would cause some problems..... then i found the way to "reduce" it in 1,2 - 1,5 mb keeping a good quality... but unfortunatelly can't get less... the pixels of my previews are 1000 x 2250... if i make them 1000 x 1100 as u want, then i will be presenting approx 10 screens, which is far less than the 75% asked by the rules.... wink.gif
c2d22
Now i will make the file less mb
thabull
QUOTE (c2d22 @ Aug 24 2010, 11:21 AM) *
Now i will make the file less mb

that would be good, but still try to keep a good quality in your preview.... wink.gif
shaon007009
Well I'll try plain background... My previews are very rich in size.. Sorry for that..
And of course I'll care of the quality too.. notworthy.gif
p.snp
QUOTE (shaon007009 @ Aug 24 2010, 07:34 PM) *
Well I'll try plan background... My previews are very rich in size.. Sorry for that..
And of course I'll care of the quality too.. notworthy.gif

Thank u bro ..... smile.gif i hope everyone will care abt file size .... notworthy.gif

about plan background., i think it is not useful if everyone not follow plan background... sad.gif , ithink it is not good tht add some special effects on previews bcoz of everyone is voting based on the first appearence of preview ....so it is just like cheating..... ohmy.gif .. so i think here must need a strict rule abt preview background...... thumbsup.gif

(hope everyone understand wht im saying..... again srry for my poor English ... sad.gif )

thabull
QUOTE (p.snp @ Aug 24 2010, 07:40 PM) *
about plan background., i think it is not useful if everyone not follow plan background... sad.gif , ithink it is not good tht add some special effects on previews bcoz of everyone is voting based on the first appearence of preview ....so it is just like cheating..... ohmy.gif .. so i think here must need a strict rule abt preview background...... thumbsup.gif

(hope everyone understand wht im saying..... again srry for my poor English ... sad.gif )

in general, u got a point about that... it not cheating though. distraction, perhaps.... cheating , definitely not..... u should have in mind that experinced themers don't get distracted from backgrounds.... i personally don't even c the background in a theme preview...

but when it comes to backgrounds, i think there should be some patterns that we all should follow.... but i think this is another discussion.... wink.gif
chetancx
I liked the suggestion of plain background. As thabull said it distracts the voter.
Coz. Tmc is show show your theming skill and not how beautifully you present the preview.
bybullet
i cant be totally agree with that. Of course, the theme and his screens are the most important. But the packaging is important too, its a way to show u a "special" thing, a thing that u could like. Its not another wallpaper, just a way to introduce ur theme. A kind of signature. If u buy a SE phone, u can notice that the packaging is a SE one, if u buy some Apple stuffs, its the same. So, for me, only for me maybe, the background is a way to show u the theme in a certain atmosphere, my atmosphere, my world.... and my theme wink.gif
Its like theming : often we have a good idea. A nice wall, some good bars or tabs and let's rock. But what happens often when u see the navigation screen ? always good bars or softkeys but.... where is the theme ? I can put here another wall, anything else. A theme is a story that u follow screen by screen... thats why the preview must be the introduction of this whole work
rihanna99
Where can I make my own theme?????
chetancx
people are not using mind while voting. voting is done on the basis of friendship and popularity. themes with text readability problem are getting votes
so i am not in
shubhamahajan21
QUOTE (chetancx @ Sep 7 2010, 03:21 PM) *
people are not using mind while voting. voting is done on the basis of friendship and popularity. themes with text readability problem are getting votes
so i am not in

I am agree with you....! weightlift.gif
I am also not taking part.... surrender.gif
_anuj_
QUOTE (rihanna99 @ Sep 7 2010, 01:34 AM) *
Where can I make my own theme?????

That depends on your phone, for nokia phones download carbide from forum nokia, you nned to register but its free

http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.nokia.c...Symbian_OS.html

for sony ericson download theme creator

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Mobile-Phone-...s-Creator.shtml

You can also make themes online at various sites, but i dont feel they are that good
ArthurWill
My 2 cent.

QUOTE (arbri135 @ Oct 20 2010, 12:17 AM) *
Well IMO.....Unhidden Votes would be way better......Just a suggestion

Sure no problem. Let me see ... I don't know if any of you are old enough to remember how we used to open all the votes to all. After that we changed the system cause people are complaining that opening vote cause people to know who didn't vote for them and then vote against those who didn't vote for them in next round. smile.gif And there is a reason why national election (or nearly 90% of all voting system in the world) is anonymous. smile.gif smile.gif But sure, if you can think of a way to prevent people from voting unfairly, then we are happy to propose to all to open votes. smile.gif
shaon007009
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Oct 19 2010, 10:42 PM) *
My 2 cent.

QUOTE (arbri135 @ Oct 20 2010, 12:17 AM) *

Sure no problem. Let me see ... I don't know if any of you are old enough to remember how we used to open all the votes to all. After that we changed the system cause people are complaining that opening vote cause people to know who didn't vote for them and then vote against those who didn't vote for them in next round. smile.gif And there is a reason why national election (or nearly 90% of all voting system in the world) is anonymous. smile.gif smile.gif But sure, if you can think of a way to prevent people from voting unfairly, then we are happy to propose to all to open votes. smile.gif

I don't think unhidden vote is a good idea.. May be a hidden poll can help..
Still there will be one problem that we may have ties many times.. wacko.gif
I know it's not helping.. But it just my opinion.. notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
arbri135
What about a Rate Voting System......Like we rate our themes in Gallery but the rating should be from 1-7 or from 1-10.....And which theme Gets The Highest rating will be the winner unsure.gif
ArthurWill
QUOTE (arbri135 @ Oct 20 2010, 01:03 AM) *
What about a Rate Voting System......Like we rate our themes in Gallery but the rating should be from 1-7 or from 1-10.....And which theme Gets The Highest rating will be the winner unsure.gif

How is this different to our current system - 7 points for 1st place, 6 points for 2nd, 5 for 3rd etc ... ?

QUOTE (shaon007009 @ Oct 20 2010, 12:30 AM) *
I don't think unhidden vote is a good idea.. May be a hidden poll can help..
Still there will be one problem that we may have ties many times.. wacko.gif
I know it's not helping.. But it just my opinion.. notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

Hehehehe, it's not just that, if it's a poll, means it's anonymous, then how are we going to detect people who create 2 accounts to vote for themselves? Hehehe. smile.gif It's ok, at least we are in healthy discussion with some suggestion to work on. thumbsup.gif

arbri135
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Oct 19 2010, 11:08 AM) *
QUOTE (arbri135 @ Oct 20 2010, 01:03 AM) *

How is this different to our current system - 7 points for 1st place, 6 points for 2nd, 5 for 3rd etc ... ?

I think it is alot easier process than the Voting we have Now.....For example......If you and Naina Have awesome themes and I Just can't choose which one of you two get my first place vote.....But in a rate Voting system i have the ability to Rate both of your themes with a 7 or maximum rate 10.gif

You understand.....????
kewlone
it flies over my head laugh.gif tongue.gif devil2.gif i dont know about AW whistle.gif
arbri135
QUOTE (kewlone @ Oct 19 2010, 11:20 AM) *
it flies over my head laugh.gif tongue.gif devil2.gif i dont know about AW whistle.gif

Where is AW?????
ArthurWill
QUOTE (arbri135 @ Oct 20 2010, 01:33 AM) *

Where is AW?????

Lol, I am here. But it's 1:42am and I probably a bit dizzy already. I think I get what you mean, vote by rating will have some problem = for example, if someone vote 7 (max rate) for 1 theme then 1 (min rate) for all the rest, do we count his/her vote? unsure.gif
arbri135
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Oct 19 2010, 10:50 AM) *
QUOTE (arbri135 @ Oct 20 2010, 01:33 AM) *

Where is AW?????

Lol, I am here. But it's 1:42am and I probably a bit dizzy already. I think I get what you mean, vote by rating will have some problem = for example, if someone vote 7 (max rate) for 1 theme then 1 (min rate) for all the rest, do we count his/her vote? unsure.gif

Well This Voting system is a bit simple but a bit hard.....IMO every participant or Voter will have to Rate all themes....With 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 rating
kewlone
tellin you AW make a volunteer manager for a day and they will go crazy wacko.gif not so easy imo blink.gif
arbri135
QUOTE (kewlone @ Oct 19 2010, 10:48 AM) *
tellin you AW make a volunteer manager for a day and they will go crazy wacko.gif not so easy imo blink.gif

Why Not Easy....That kind of Voting system should be without a manager Just Like we vote our themes in gallery.... smile.gif
angelnaina
Then result will be exactly same ,just like right now... unsure.gif

if 5 to 7 people high rated to single theme and again others will get less rating,then how its different from now...

only we have to count more and more ,if we have 23 participants then definitely needs a full day in counting .. wacko.gif

QUOTE (kewlone @ Oct 19 2010, 10:50 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
angelnaina
QUOTE (arbri135 @ Oct 19 2010, 11:22 PM) *

Why Not Easy....That kind of Voting system should be without a manager Just Like we vote our themes in gallery.... smile.gif

then how u know who voted to whom...????
arbri135
QUOTE (angelnaina @ Oct 19 2010, 11:57 AM) *

I have no Idea laugh.gif laugh.gif
angelnaina
QUOTE (arbri135 @ Oct 19 2010, 11:29 PM) *
QUOTE (angelnaina @ Oct 19 2010, 11:57 AM) *

I have no Idea laugh.gif laugh.gif

atleast now we can notice who is voting for friends and there is also a rule,without 30 posts you can not vote..but in that case definitely friends will rate to friends theme and situation will get worse and worse... at least now only those people are winning who deserves and their themes are better then other..but in that that theme will win who have lots of friends... ohmy.gif
arbri135
OK then.....It was Just a suggestion...It came through my mind so i thought to share it byebye.gif
angelnaina
QUOTE (arbri135 @ Oct 19 2010, 11:34 PM) *
OK then.....It was Just a suggestion...It came through my mind so i thought to share it byebye.gif

arbri its really good that you share your's thoughts and suggestions..you can say us any thing but in a healthy way ...we all are always here to help and listen every one's suggestion... smile.gif after all we all are a team and we all are fiends,then why make whole thing rude and unhappy ...tho there is always a positive way to solve any problem... thumbsup.gif
arbri135
QUOTE (angelnaina @ Oct 19 2010, 11:25 AM) *
QUOTE (arbri135 @ Oct 19 2010, 11:34 PM) *

arbri its really good that you share your's thoughts and suggestions..you can say us any thing but in a healthy way ...we all are always here to help and listen every one's suggestion... smile.gif after all we all are a team and we all are fiends,then why make whole thing rude and unhappy ...tho there is always a positive way to solve any problem... thumbsup.gif

Naina....I did not make all that discussion only for trophies....I did not even care about winning a trophy but when i saw i had 66 pts and 1st place 100 i couldn't take it.........I congratulated the winners and Headed out of Mobile9.....It was Sonia the one who was Rude and screwed up things
angelnaina
buddy i am not blaming you,but i have read your's all post and really dnt want to bring up all this things..
but i have a question from you ,you have said about friendly voting....

its mean when you won gold that was also becoz of friendly voting ,but unfortunately your all friends became now your enemys and voted for other themer..

Am i right..?
arbri135
QUOTE (angelnaina @ Oct 19 2010, 11:18 AM) *
buddy i am not blaming you,but i have read your's all post and really dnt want to bring up all this things..
but i have a question from you ,you have said about friendly voting....

its mean when you won gold that was also becoz of friendly voting ,but unfortunately your all friends became now your enemys and voted for other themer..

Am i right..?

Well You are always Right but Hey....You Know What.,,,,,My Mouth is now closed.........No more words for voting systems or things Like that,,,,,

But if someone Like Sonia get's in my way then i will definitely open my mouth and talk.....Just Thinking with which clue does she call me a Leecher??? mad.gif mad.gif
angelnaina
i just want to say plz change your thinking and always think positive..

according to all of you ,you dnt trust us but atleast you can trust your friends..

i am not saying ,according to all of you. all are winning here by friendly votes and then off course all of you too ,,for example last time you won gold,silver or bronze with friendly votes ,but next time not,its mean your friends also think you need to work hard and your entry does not deserve any podium... unsure.gif
i think now its all clear..coz your friends who voted you last time,they think this time other's work is better then you and offcourse i know you all trust your friends,,,

Am i right here too..?
arbri135
QUOTE (angelnaina @ Oct 19 2010, 11:44 AM) *
i just want to say plz change your thinking and always think positive..

according to all of you ,you dnt trust us but atleast you can trust your friends..

i am not saying ,according to all of you. all are winning here by friendly votes and then all of you too ,,for example last time you won gold,silver or bronze with friendly votes ,but next time not,its mean your friends also think you need to work hard and your entry does not deserve any podium... unsure.gif
i think now its all clear..coz your friends who voted you last time,they think this time other's work is better then you and offcourse i know you all trust your friends,,,

Am i right here too..?

thumbsup.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
kewlone
I'm ROFL on this in clinic laugh.gif you just know how to handle em Naina devil2.gif
liapireas
Yes Enna I think Naina has a full basket for all the right answers every time !!!!!! clapping.gif
kewlone
QUOTE (arbri135 @ Oct 19 2010, 12:17 PM) *

grrrrrrrrrr... no way, an open war all become enemies soon tongue.gif its better somethings are in pvt only or later i will get pm's Enna why you voted her first and not me , am i not your friend tongue.gif

P.S. Naina you can move our posts there or in discussion thread oops.gif
kewlone
laugh.gif yeah Lia i can see wink.gif

@ Naina very well said, we are mature enough to solve problems in a nice manner without yelling, or being rude wink.gif
angelnaina
Thanks @ enna & @ lia...actually i always ignore or hide rude types of posts,but people think that we are fool..but if i did this its mean i am giving them one more chance to calm down and realize their mistakes...but they think totally opposite of it.. wacko.gif

i dnt understand , most of us (including me) we had started from zero,ours friends and this community helped us in all ways ,they taught us and because these people helped us that's why we are now high ranked,and rather then giving back to this community or back to our's friends ,we are blaming that people are cheaters here ... i think those are shouting and blaming to respective peoples they need to think again ... thumbsup.gif
thabull
hehehehehehehehe... it's funny how sometimes people think they have discovered america...... and forget to look back and where have been.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

@ the women of the company..... when your mind is focused it's every easy to handle things.... and ofcourse it's very helpful when the one who listens wants to understand..... wink.gif wink.gif

but don't u think that it's pretty amazing? moderators talk is always more persuative than any of us common mortals.... hehehehehehehehehehe

btw... thanks for getting to an agreement on voting cause u saved me lots of time for writting..... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
liapireas
All of us started from zero here Naina and Alex I hope everyone understand it and stop fighting each other
Nobody is superior than the other .... it's not like we discovered America !!! (nice comment Alex !)
angelnaina
@ alex...thanx.. notworthy.gif

its a little funny,but still i want to share 1 thing with all of you,when i joined this community and uploaded many themes here,then i just saw gifted badge in some one's profile and i was shocked whole day and thought why i have not this badge,i am also a themer and uploading themes here ,tho i am making 10 themes in a day and some times 15 too.. tongue.gif tongue.gif then i went back to check that person's profile and realized,why i did not have that badge... laugh.gif laugh.gif and that time i did n't even know about TMC and did n't know the procedure too ,but from that time i decided ,i will try to make good themes and after Shallu dee introduced me in TMC... smile.gif

after joining it ,1st time i got only single vote and again i reacted and i was upset,but shallu dee encouraged me and i continued participation,i got my 1st gold after winning 13 silver and bronze..but i was happy coz i was competing with certified themers and legendary themers and i then i always thought yeah i am giving them tough competition .. but i never complained about friendly voting ,coz its my personal experience,your friends never votes for you.. tongue.gif tongue.gif because its a human nature if your friend loose the game ,it makes you sad ..but if your's friends win the game you will be double sad... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
arbri135
QUOTE (angelnaina @ Oct 20 2010, 12:26 AM) *
always thought yeah i am giving them tough competition ..

That's What Pat said to me.....and that's the only reason i am continuing making themes..... wub.gif wub.gif

But without Naina and Pat help would've Like nowhere so Thanks naina and patricia For helping me.... winkiss.gif winkiss.gif
thabull
thank u Naina & Lia notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

@everybody who may read these lines....
the "fast and the fourious" is probably a very good movie and pc game for some people, but it's definitely not a good advice when someone is working on a craft. and i personally consider theme making a craft.......

just remember... picasso wasn't born famous.... he had to prove his talent over the years..... wink.gif
shaon007009
QUOTE (angelnaina @ Oct 20 2010, 01:26 PM) *
@ alex...thanx.. notworthy.gif

its a little funny,but still i want to share 1 thing with all of you,when i joined this community and uploaded many themes here,then i just saw gifted badge in some one's profile and i was shocked whole day and thought why i have not this badge,i am also a themer and uploading themes here ,tho i am making 10 themes in a day and some times 15 too.. tongue.gif tongue.gif then i went back to check that person's profile and realized,why i did not have that badge... laugh.gif laugh.gif and that time i did n't even know about TMC and did n't know the procedure too ,but from that time i decided ,i will try to make good themes and after Shallu dee introduced me in TMC... smile.gif

after joining it ,1st time i got only single vote and again i reacted and i was upset,but shallu dee encouraged me and i continued participation,i got my 1st gold after winning 13 silver and bronze..but i was happy coz i was competing with certified themers and legendary themers and i then i always thought yeah i am giving them tough competition .. but i never complained about friendly voting ,coz its my personal experience,your friends never votes for you.. tongue.gif tongue.gif because its a human nature if your friend loose the game ,it makes you sad ..but if your's friends win the game you will be double sad... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I just missed these words.. Really encouraging.. Thanks you very much for the speech and info Deedee.. notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
your_mother
Hi guys!

I know it's not very important, but I was wondering why you hide / delete the FET when voting starts? I usually go comment and rate in the gallery when I'm voting and the FET always gave easy access to the files. I'm a bit too lazy now to visit all those peoples profiles and search for the entry. Another suggestion would be to provide the gallery-link in the Voting Thread too, to make it easier to comment the files in the gallery...

It's just a suggestion, let me know what you think...
angelnaina
QUOTE (your_mother @ Jan 11 2011, 06:17 PM) *
Hi guys!

I know it's not very important, but I was wondering why you hide / delete the FET when voting starts? I usually go comment and rate in the gallery when I'm voting and the FET always gave easy access to the files. I'm a bit too lazy now to visit all those peoples profiles and search for the entry. Another suggestion would be to provide the gallery-link in the Voting Thread too, to make it easier to comment the files in the gallery...

good suggestion.. thumbsup.gif

and from next time i will close the FET,rather then making it invisible.. smile.gif i dnt think that it is necessary to provide the gallery link in Voting Thread,coz all participants always post links in FET...so if FET (closed) will be there ,u can still have access gallery link of each entry... smile.gif
your_mother
thumbsup.gif Thank you very much! smile.gif
magicas1
QUOTE (angelnaina @ Jan 11 2011, 02:13 PM) *
QUOTE (your_mother @ Jan 11 2011, 06:17 PM) *
Hi guys!

good suggestion.. thumbsup.gif

and from next time i will close the FET,rather then making it invisible.. smile.gif i dnt think that it is necessary to provide the gallery link in Voting Thread,coz all participants always post links in FET...so if FET (closed) will be there ,u can still have access gallery link of each entry... smile.gif

thats great !!!! I do the same as mom and finding everybodys profiles takes time if they a
re not on friends list
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.