Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TMC Discussions
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > ThemeMaking Competition > Thememaking Challenge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
p.snp

@jasnasto .............

could u pls make participants as two group based on their winng trophy as like RC ................unsure.gif coz here winning chance for begnners (like me) is less than -0.00000000001 blink.gif wacko.gif blink.gif wacko.gif

TMC is very hard and need more time to make theme as compared with other 2 challenge ......... participate without winning expectation will make boring ...... sad.gif
PG001
QUOTE (p.snp @ Sep 1 2009, 03:32 PM) *
@jasnasto .............

could u pls make participants as two group based on their winng trophy as like RC ................unsure.gif coz here winning chance for begnners (like me) is less than -0.00000000001 blink.gif wacko.gif blink.gif wacko.gif

TMC is very hard and need more time to make theme as compared with other 2 challenge ......... participate without winning expectation will make boring ...... sad.gif

i 100% agree With P.snp On This
I Also Thaught Of Entering This Week
But Later Thought I Will Not Cause The Time Utilised On It Can Go
In Vain Cause There's No Chance Of Winning

AND A big congrats to all the winner's
_anuj_
QUOTE (PG001 @ Sep 1 2009, 12:44 PM) *
@jasnasto .............

I understand what you guys are saying but imo winning is not that important, its the taking part , learning from other themers, talking to the rest of the guys here and lets not forget having fun happy.gif if other themers here did not enter the competition because of no chance of winning there would be very few participants For me personally I have seen a dramatic differnce in my themes from the first competion to the recent one and that is more important to me that i have learned from each experience. I have to say well done to m9 team who run the competition so well and to the themers who bring us good advice and encouragment smile.gif
Atalantos
@jasnasto .............

Hm as I said in the previous week... when I started entering here, it was TMC 170, you must have a look what I was against with link
there were "worst" tho laugh.gif

never gave up and just because I wanted to be like those themers (still trying), to be a great designer (still trying) and the most of all... "to have fun" (I'm still having) thumbsup.gif

no mater with who you will be against with, your biggest competitor is your self wink.gif (I don't remember who said that)

keep on theming, it will come the "desirable" pod in no time, you will see!!!

grouphug.gif

byebye.gif
your_mother
@jasnasto .............

I agree with Atatalantos and anuj in this matter. Also I'm absolutly against a voting system like RC. I think the results are wrong in the end, 'cause it's not the best who's gonna win, it's the best of the choices given when voting. And, also if winning's not all (I'm participating since a pretty long time and almost never win...), it's still a competition and I'd like to know where I stand in it.
ArthurWill
My previous post.
QUOTE (Arthurwill)
@PG001 @p.snp
Thank you for your suggestion. We did think about that sometime ago ... but postpone the idea due to lack of manpower. We will discuss about this again and see what we can do. I can understand very well what you guys are feeling competing with some of the best themers in the world.

@_anuj_ @Atalantos @your_mother
Right, I heard you guys & girls. And I'm so glad to hear those words. Learn, practice, open to critics, keep going, have fun ... those are exactly the spirit of TMC. They are still alive!! WOW. But I think we can't deny that not everybody is like that, and it is true that looking at those entries is a little scary to those who just started theming. They didn't see great themer's 1st theme, they see only what these themers can do now.

Everything is in drawing board at the moment. So if you have any suggestions, voice it out please. We want to hear from you.
ArthurWill
Some of my ideas:
- have a showcase thread (1st TMC entry & latest TMC entry to the date we compile the thread) so new themers can see themselves how everyone starts from zero then slowly become a great themer
- once every month / 2 months we host a Beginner TMC for those who are new or haven't won any trophy in theming competition before, then have pro themers to help them out

Open for discussions.
dragon2590
ok guys i have sumthing to say too ^^

ya it is a gud i dea to split the groups so there is a chance for the new themers to win

but to be a gud themer or a gud designer ( not to say i am ) we need to compete with the great theme-rs so v can be the same to ^^

this is my very first theme hahahaha

Week 155

to be honest u new theme-rs are 10 times better then i was when i was new T.T i su@# T.T

u guys are almost there so keep working hard u all will get there soon ^^ clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
Sourav_Kumar
i also would like to add something...........
If we split into two groups then some middle themers (like me unsure.gif ) will also get shifted to group b, and we will have better chance of winning.......
but as you can see we don't want that at all......as we have tasted the spirit and fun of competitions and understood that improvement will automatically lead to success.....
moreover it's not that winning chances reduces with increase of participants.......as you can see in this week there are 5 winners as the variety of voting increases with more participants......
that's all.....
_anuj_
To be Honest im not really in favour of splitting the group, but as AW suggestested maybe its possible to hold a beginners competion every few months and have the experienced themers offer advice and feedback, naturally people want to win competitions, but there are no shortcuts to the podium, i think the journey is more important than the destination, one of the best ways to learn is to study other themers work,and lets say the group was split how would we learn from each other., and i think its a good idea to display themers first and recent themes to show how we all started out in Tmc( just dont show my first theme its terrible laugh.gif )
sam1374
When i started taking part in theme comp...i was like big 0....its only after u keep making themes u get better.
rhtz
couldn't keep myself away from this discussion unsure.gif.. ..so here are few things.. ..
@all who wants the split:: assume the managers and admins decide to split the contest, now will you be satisfied by winning against the ones who are at the same level as you are or winning against the best themers after all the hard will be more satisfactory?..? its your call.. ..
I feel competing with the best brings out the best in you.. ..and why is winning so important?..? try to enjoy what you do, work hard and look at all the previous and current work of the good themers and try to learn from those, sooner or later you will get the result.. ..and as anuj said, the journey is more important than the destination.. ..I still wish I could participate with Jasna, Zjurina, BBT, Patrick, Dr_megabyte, Augustborn99, Maampia, Zleepy, Mrklan [and the list goes on] all in the same competition sad.gif.. ..

@AW:: hosting TMC for beginners once every 2 months sounds nice [only if I can participate too laugh.gif] .. ..
and we have a TMC Hall of Fame and individual themers showcase thread, so I dont think another showcase thread would be necessary.. ..
your_mother
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Sep 2 2009, 03:27 AM) *
Some of my ideas:
- have a showcase thread (1st TMC entry & latest TMC entry to the date we compile the thread) so new themers can see themselves how everyone starts from zero then slowly become a great themer
- once every month / 2 months we host a Beginner TMC for those who are new or haven't won any trophy in theming competition before, then have pro themers to help them out

Open for discussions.

I like that idea!
shalu2173
QUOTE (rhtz @ Sep 2 2009, 12:53 PM) *
couldn't keep myself away from this discussion unsure.gif .. ..so here are few things.. ..
@all who wants the split:: assume the managers and admins decide to split the contest, now will you be satisfied by winning against the ones who are at the same level as you are or winning against the best themers after all the hard will be more satisfactory?..? its your call.. ..
I feel competing with the best brings out the best in you.. ..and why is winning so important?..? try to enjoy what you do, work hard and look at all the previous and current work of the good themers and try to learn from those, sooner or later you will get the result.. ..and as anuj said, the journey is more important than the destination.. ..I still wish I could participate with Jasna, Zjurina, BBT, Patrick, Dr_megabyte, Augustborn99, Maampia, Zleepy, Mrklan [and the list goes on] all in the same competition sad.gif .. ..

@AW:: hosting TMC for beginners once every 2 months sounds nice [only if I can participate too laugh.gif ] .. ..
and we have a TMC Hall of Fame and individual themers showcase thread, so I dont think another showcase thread would be necessary.. ..

Totally agree with @RHTZ
@AW it is a great idea.Can be worked upon.
krakit
i Agree with All of You.
But Really, Winning isn't that Important.
i mean, whats the Use of Winning a Competition where You are Counted in a Starters Row
and You know the Fact, that Someone is Better than You. That Winning Trophy wont Count
in anyway at All, While You are Aware of the Professional Themers.
But, i even Agree with the Fact, that Your Trying to Explain. If We are Grouped, then we would
participate more Often, because of the Ray of Hope Alive in Us of Winning. Otherwise some may
Loose Hope and Never Return DisHeartedly.
But Trust me, if You want to be Better in Theme Making. All You need is a Very Kreativ Mind and
Basic Editing Software Skills. If You don't have Effects in Your Software, then You can Always Try
to kreat it with Your Observation Skills. Trust me on this one. You just need to Visualise What does a
Particular Effect ShowCases and How it Reacts. Then just Concentrate on All the Aspects. Thats it.
You will get it.
i have Experienced it. Trust me.
keep smiling
CrazEric
I’m not a TMC participant but I always follow the competition and I have an opinion about this …
and once I have an opinion it’s hard to shut me up – even with an axe laugh.gif

I think you should consider looking at things the other way around.
Instead of starting a beginners competition … start an advanced competition happy.gif

Let the beginners, Rising Themers and Gifted Themers compete in the normal TMC.
But once you’re a Certified Themer or Legendary Themer you are only allowed to participate in the Advanced themer competition.
That way beginners can still get plenty of help from Rising and Gifted themers without having to compete against Certified and Legendary themers.

And of course an advanced competition will be easier for the competition managers to handle since they can pretty much take care of themselves (except for the vote counts, etc.). If there are not enough certified and legendary themers you can of course set different criteria for entrance to the advanced competition. Maybe by invitation only or something unsure.gif

Well that’s my thoughts on this … hope you don’t mind notworthy.gif

findgirl45
only one vote so bye bye TMC forever
ArthurWill
QUOTE (findgirl45 @ Sep 15 2009, 04:06 PM) *

Did you take a look at how Atalantos, angelnaina & hungnc started in TMC? If I'm not mistaken, they haven't got more votes than you when started too. See what they become today? Votes & winning will come to those who continue tuning their theming skill. You will be one of them one day too if you continue working. My 2 cents. grouphug.gif
angelnaina
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Sep 15 2009, 01:45 PM) *

Did you take a look at how Atalantos, angelnaina & hungnc started in TMC? If I'm not mistaken, they haven't got more votes than you when started too. See what they become today? Votes & winning will come to those who continue tuning their theming skill. You will be one of them one day too if you continue working. My 2 cents. grouphug.gif

i am agree with AW. smile.gif .i more thing i waan to say sucess never comes easily..u have too work hard and some time harder and then see,sucess will b ur's.. smile.gif

hope u will too work hard to achieve ur's goal.. smile.gif
_anuj_
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Sep 15 2009, 09:15 AM) *

First of all I want to say congrats to the winners well done

and on a more serious note.......

to be honest I in part understand what find Girl has said, although i completley respect the judges votes, the winners completley deserverd the win. However I do feel I have to question the public votes.
If You look at the graph with the public votes Galmed, sinner, Krakit, pg001 and bisomar have been given 1,2,3,4 and 5 votes respectivley where as find girl nor myself have recived none from the public.

In my opinion If themes which have a number of issues and problems get votes and themes which are fairly good do not get any public votes, it makes me question the whole public voting system.

Im really sorry if I have offended anyone by bringing this up, but i just wanted to voice my opinion, though in closing i would say i wont give up entering the competition as i really enjoy them as it helps me learn.

agin im sorry if I have upset anyone that was not my intention
ArthurWill
Ok, looks like I have caused a fire again. AW is running to find a fire extinguisher ...

Let me say this, the TMC is not perfect. It had never been and it might never be. The voting is not perfect & I cannot word it any better than what Dr_Megabyte has explained. People have their own preference & no matter how professional we think we are, subconsciously our emotion affects out votes, our decision. What we can do is raise people's awareness of how this is happening & urge you to be as objective as possible during voting. Another thing is we strictly forbidden cheating (2 accounts voting for each other) & act on it. If one member continuously vote for same themer we will talk to him/her about it. Then this year, we introduced judge voting. We do these to try to be fair to everyone (but you know this, life is never 100% fair & square. Just look around you ... plenty of examples ...). Public voting might not be fair to everyone. If anyone has ideas how we can improve it, let us know. You have my ears.

What we do know & I have stressed this a lot of times now. TMC is a platform to make friends with other M9ers who share the same passion in theming, exchange ideas & feedback, improve skills, and have fun. Try to ask those who have been with TMC for some time & have the right mindset, they will tell you that TMC has enabled them to achieved 5 things mentioned above.

QUOTE (_anuj_ @ Sep 15 2009, 05:15 PM) *
I just wanted to voice my opinion, though in closing i would say i wont give up entering the competition as i really enjoy them as it helps me learn.

thumbsup.gif
krakit
i agree with You Arthur.
Anuj, i Understand Your Feelings too. But Public Voting is Something that You can't change.
There are Tons of People Voting, of whom, All have their Different Opinions regarding their
Different Tastes. You can't Really Question them Until its supposed to be a Communal Affair.
No Offence meant Anuj.
But, Yes i do agree with You here, that YOUR Theme and Sonia'z Theme was Way Better than
mine. And i really Think, You Guyz Deserved more Votes than me.
But, i am Glad Your not Mad at that. And You Enjoy Theme Making. After All thats what matters.
Enjoying the Moment, bonding together and to Think of it.
Girlz and Guyz! We are a Team. We are a Very Creative set of People who are supposed to be
Proud of Ourselves for being a Part of a Community that Offers Us Skills and Entertainment like Such.
As i always say.
You ALL are Great Themerz.
clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
grouphug.gif
ghassemoo
QUOTE (findgirl45 @ Sep 15 2009, 01:06 AM) *

This Theme Was My First Theme At TMC (TMC 189). I Had Only 3 Votes Between 7 Participants! Finaly I Won My First Podium At TMC 198 Between Only 7 Participants! whistle.gif 1.gif

You Had 1 Vote This Week But Between 18 Participants. You Are Really Good Themer. Just You Must Work More.
daisy06

ok im sorry, but have to have my say, That is a really bad attitude!

As everyone else has said , TMC is not just for winning its for learning and improving, you got one vote!
Thats not bad...at least you got that one vote, Ive seen many tmc's where ppl havent even gotten that!

be proud of your work ask for advice and opinions and DONT GIVE UP SO EASILY! I hope you dont give up
that easily in life!

As for splitting I think its a bad idea, For me personally (and im not the greatest themer) i love competing with ppl
like Naina, Shalu, Sam, Gault, mom, NVDVS1, Branislaw, BBT (i know there's soooo many more of you, your all great)
ive learnt so much from all of them! Bur its not just that, its the interaction, the support, the joking around, just the whole
atmosphere really!

So findgirl dont give up! We all have to start somwhere and to start with one vote....well you can only go up from there!

grouphug.gif
krakit
i agree with You Daisy.
Sonia, Don't Give Up soon.
Its Just Timely Matters.
You know i got 3 Votes which i never Deserved.
You got one Vote. And That kind of makes You no.1
i mean, if You look at the Positive Side.
i got 3 Votes that makes me no3 Themer. i mean that actually reflects my Skills. i am a 3rd grade Themer.
You got one Vote, which means You are no.1...
i know that sounds Stupid. But there are ways when at the Sickest situations You have an Opportunity to Learn to
be Happy. See, i just gave You the Tag of being No.1 clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
Dosen't that makes You Unique.
Come On, we are all with You Sonia.
We All Love You.
grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif
mynameisriki
i am beginner too...

i thing it is 10.gif idea to have a separate tmc for the beginers..
shaon007009
I'm Also A Beginner...........
I Think I Like To Learn More & More...........
So I Like To Participate With Great Themer Together............
gathering.gif
krakit
GUYZ can we Talk about SONY ERRICSON THEME Competition as a Singular thing Here.
Because for me, it gets Difficult to Compare an SE theme with a Symbian Theme. And After all,
there is a Contest held for the Symbian based phone then Don't You guys think that, SE should also
have some Respect here. NO OFFENCE to SYmbian. But, maybe we can have a Seperate Forum and
Contest Where You are Allowed to Compete with both Themes and One for only SE as there is one for Symbian.
Please Comment Your Views. surrender.gif
liapireas
Hello everybody!!!
I personally like the things the way they are.TMC is a hard and difficult competition but I like a rough challenge, than an easy one with more chances of getting a trothy! (winning isn't everything you know!)
TMC for me is where I can compete with great themers that I admire and I want to be like them.It makes me wants to work even harder when I have opposite of me excellent themers like zjurina, atalantos, jasnasto etc .......
Just watch the others work, take example from them, have the right stuff to work(such as the right photoshop brushes and styles....) and try to improve for yourself not for getting a gold medal!!!
Don't shoot me is just my hubble opinion...
(Can we try to improve the voting system a little bit?)
rhtz
QUOTE (liapireas @ Oct 19 2009, 03:22 PM) *
(Can we try to improve the voting system a little bit?)

If you have any idea, please share smile.gif.. ..
bd_tongi
Yes,i also Agree with All
rakeshsoni1980
helo give a chnace for participat , i dont know how can participate any one know tell me how can i participate grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif 1.gif
mirzatayyub
i Agree with All of You.
But Really, Winning isn't that Important.
i mean, whats the Use of Winning a Competition where You are Counted in a Starters Row
and You know the Fact, that Someone is Better than You. That Winning Trophy wont Count
in anyway at All, While You are Aware of the Professional Themers.
But, i even Agree with the Fact, that Your Trying to Explain. If We are Grouped, then we would
participate more Often, because of the Ray of Hope Alive in Us of Winning. Otherwise some may
Loose Hope and Never Return DisHeartedly.
But Trust me, if You want to be Better in Theme Making. All You need is a Very Kreativ Mind and
Basic Editing Software Skills. If You don't have Effects in Your Software, then You can Always Try
to kreat it with Your Observation Skills. Trust me on this one. You just need to Visualise What does a
Particular Effect ShowCases and How it Reacts. Then just Concentrate on All the Aspects. Thats it.
You will get it.
i have Experienced it. Trust me.
keep smiling [font="Arial Black"][/font]
_Abi_
yea AlL u righT........

if you have No talenT to wiN then go to your Mamma .......

but i thinK if you worK harD then onE daY come of you sucesS.......
dat nobodY can steaL ur dat day...............!!!
its a worD for alL who thinK we are not able to wiN.....................?
vivingreat
QUOTE (rhtz @ Sep 2 2009, 12:53 PM)
couldn't keep myself away from this discussion .. ..so here are few things.. ..
I feel competing with the best brings out the best in you.. ..and why is winning so important?..? try to enjoy what you do, work hard and look at all the previous and current work of the good themers and try to learn from those, sooner or later you will get the result.. ..and as anuj said, the journey is more important than the destination.. ..I still wish I could participate with Jasna, Zjurina, BBT, Patrick, Dr_megabyte, Augustborn99, Maampia, Zleepy, Mrklan [and the list goes on] all in the same competition .. ..

@AW:: hosting TMC for beginners once every 2 months sounds nice [only if I can participate too ] .. ..

Totally agree with @RHTZ
@AW it is a great idea.Can be worked upon.
Cyber_Spirit
I posted this on WINNERS ANOUNCED WEEK 146

I think i know what topmanner wants to tell you.

This contests are always won by the same few people so we not so good themers have nothing to look here for.
There are always few people that get all the votes and throphies. I am not saying they do not deserve it, but on contrary they do deserve it,
because they really make great entries that we all love.

So i am suggesting that maybe for beginers without certain "great skills" in thememaking, that are starting to learn how to create themes,
there should be separate contest where they would get ranks and then would be able to join the competition with "pro's".

That question/suggestion requiers restructuracting throphie case and winning awards, some may think it's unjust because separating ones from the others, so it's areally big question???

But this sistem could also make Mobile9 one of the most desirable mobile sites to attend and join the community because of advancing through ranks to the very top!

This is just my opinion on how to make people feel good and succesful when they create something and get some credit for it

Fell free to comment and say what you think
noahsarc
QUOTE (Cyber_Spirit @ Mar 9 2010, 11:37 AM) *

This contests are always won by the same few people so we not so good themers have nothing to look here for.
There are always few people that get all the votes and throphies. I am not saying they do not deserve it, but on contrary they do deserve it,

So i am suggesting that maybe for beginers without certain "great skills" in thememaking, that are starting to learn how to create themes,
there should be separate contest where they would get ranks and then would be able to join the competition with "pro's".

That question/suggestion requiers restructuracting throphie case and winning awards, some may think it's unjust because separating ones from the others, so it's areally big question???

But this sistem could also make Mobile9 one of the most desirable mobile sites to attend and join the community because of advancing through ranks to the very top!

This is just my opinion on how to make people feel good and succesful when they create something and get some credit for it

+100

I totally agree with what he is saying, i too was thinking about this but was hesitating as I'm just new to this community. But its true that we beginners can't compete at all with all those professionals, take my case only i don't even know a little bit of photoshop work, after joining this community i started to learn how it works, even i didn't knew how to merge two pics, then NAINA de told me how to do, so not only me i think many here face some same problems like me.

So i too think there should be another competition for beginners, then when you admins think they can be promoted, you should promote them and let them compete with the professionals.
asthegr8
QUOTE (asthegr8 @ Mar 9 2010, 09:11 AM) *
very disappointed but anyway congrats to steff and sam

QUOTE (angelnaina @ Mar 9 2010, 09:28 AM) *
QUOTE (asthegr8 @ Mar 9 2010, 09:41 PM) *

why you are disappointed..i dn't understand.. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Cyber_Spirit @ Mar 9 2010, 10:29 AM) *
Nania & ArthurWill(Thanks for seeing improvement smile.gif )

agrre with Cyber spirit cause I feel here we always get only 1 point . you can see that I am improving alot in my skills . I am not saying that now i am perfect but when i create my first theme its really bed . but you can see that my last few theme like rainbow , red ferrari is not so bad but I am still getting 1 point same as the first one gold flower so I just want to quit from here . with my best memories and few learning experience byebye.gif byebye.gif byebye.gif byebye.gif byebye.gif
shaon007009
QUOTE (Cyber_Spirit @ Mar 9 2010, 11:37 PM) *

I Just don't know you read this or not.... http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?showtopic=64741 If Not Please Read It... All Is Here What I Think... I Wanna Only Learn More.. Who's Don't Wanna Win... Take My Example... In My 1st Ever TMC I Didn't Get Any Vote.. But Last Time I Got 34 Votes... That Means If I Made A Better One I Really Can Run With The Same Track That The Great Themers Are Running... And All I Made Today This All For TMC.. The Great Themer Are Really Much More Helpful... For Their Help I'm Here Today.... I Don't Say That I Became A Great Themer But I Can Say That I'm Not The Beginner Too..... So I'm OK With What Is Going On.... grouphug.gif

@ noahsarc... I Was Same To You.. I Started Work With PS After Joining TMC.. Many People Here Helped Me To Improve.... So How You Can Think It's Just A Contest That You've To Win.... You Can Say That It's A Interesting Class And Our Friends Are Our Teacher... I'm Competing With Them For Last 11 Times.. There Was All Professional Themer... I Never Won... But I Learned A Lot... And I'm Too Happy Fighting And Learning With Them... laugh.gif
p.snp
QUOTE (asthegr8 @ Mar 10 2010, 07:39 AM) *

agrre with Cyber spirit cause I feel here we always get only 1 point . you can see that I am improving alot in my skills . I am not saying that now i am perfect but when i create my first theme its really bed . but you can see that my last few theme like rainbow , red ferrari is not so bad but I am still getting 1 point same as the first one gold flower so I just want to quit from here . with my best memories and few learning experience byebye.gif byebye.gif byebye.gif byebye.gif byebye.gif

QUOTE (topmanner1 @ Mar 9 2010, 08:45 PM) *
I must say one thing, this voting system hasn't been giving me more than one vote and I think someone is Voting me every time for my entry. I thank him for showing some respect. laugh.gif

This doesn't mean any disrespect to others, What I say is I don't deserve the last position that I am always put in. smile.gif thumbsup.gif

Congrats to the Winners

ha.ha... laugh.gif i know that wht u say abt ...... that was the fact i leave TMC before past weeks ago..... i had tell my opinion abt "publishing result in TMC "

http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?...65144&st=45

but i didn't get any responds frm any TMC manager ... weightlift.gif ( i hope this time will get a reply... ) .i don't want to change voting system here.... but i think it is better that change the system of publishing result like RC or WPC.... coz everyone can understand their progress..... And increase number of votes with increasing no.of entries....(7/30 not good i think ..... )
p.snp
QUOTE (Cyber_Spirit @ Mar 9 2010, 10:59 PM) *

That question/suggestion requiers restructuracting throphie case and winning awards, some may think it's unjust because separating ones from the others, so it's areally big question??? unsure.gif

This is just my opinion on how to make people feel good and succesful when they create something and get some credit for it smile.gif

just check this................

http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?showtopic=64741
p.snp
@TMc manager .....

could u pls change the system of publishing result as like WPC and RC ................ notworthy.gif notworthy.gif coz we all can understand step by step prograss .... notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

And could u pls increase no.of votes per no.of entries....... notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

noahsarc
QUOTE (shaon007009 @ Mar 9 2010, 07:40 PM) *
QUOTE (Cyber_Spirit @ Mar 9 2010, 11:37 PM) *

I Just don't know you read this or not.... http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?showtopic=64741 If Not Please Read It... All Is Here What I Think... I Wanna Only Learn More.. Who's Don't Wanna Win... Take My Example... In My 1st Ever TMC I Didn't Get Any Vote.. But Last Time I Got 34 Votes... That Means If I Made A Better One I Really Can Run With The Same Track That The Great Themers Are Running... And All I Made Today This All For TMC.. The Great Themer Are Really Much More Helpful... For Their Help I'm Here Today.... I Don't Say That I Became A Great Themer But I Can Say That I'm Not The Beginner Too..... So I'm OK With What Is Going On.... grouphug.gif

@ noahsarc... I Was Same To You.. I Started Work With PS After Joining TMC.. Many People Here Helped Me To Improve.... So How You Can Think It's Just A Contest That You've To Win.... You Can Say That It's A Interesting Class And Our Friends Are Our Teacher... I'm Competing With Them For Last 11 Times.. There Was All Professional Themer... I Never Won... But I Learned A Lot... And I'm Too Happy Fighting And Learning With Them... laugh.gif

I guess you didn't get my point, my point is when you are in class 1 and you have to appear for a Gk test with a class 10 student will you ever be able to compete?
Okai let me give you another example, suppose you want to become a good cricketer and want to join your national cricket team, you can't join that team by just joining any cricket coaching center, first you have to learn there, then you have to play and compete with people of your own group i.e. beginners, when you perform good then you are promoted to senior groups, and soo on goes till you finally join the national team.

My point is first we should compete against people of our caliber and when the JUDGES think `that he has improved a lot then he should be promoted to next level to compete against the next level people. I have seen many people are really disheartened by the results they are getting always just 1 point after making such a good theme. In this manner there moral will go down day by day because they try there best to make a theme and when they don't get there desired result, then surely they gonna back off from the next time.

And in this manner only few themers will be left in this community only.

p.snp
nice point noahsarc bro.......... thumbsup.gif agreee with u ............. thumbsup.gif
shaon007009
QUOTE (noahsarc @ Mar 10 2010, 11:33 AM) *
I guess you didn't get my point, my point is when you are in class 1 and you have to appear for a Gk test with a class 10 student will you ever be able to compete?
Okai let me give you another example, suppose you want to become a good cricketer and want to join your national cricket team, you can't join that team by just joining any cricket coaching center, first you have to learn there, then you have to play and compete with people of your own group i.e. beginners, when you perform good then you are promoted to senior groups, and soo on goes till you finally join the national team.

My point is first we should compete against people of our caliber and when the JUDGES think `that he has improved a lot then he should be promoted to next level to compete against the next level people. I have seen many people are really disheartened by the results they are getting always just 1 point after making such a good theme. In this manner there moral will go down day by day because they try there best to make a theme and when they don't get there desired result, then surely they gonna back off from the next time.

Very Nice Point... All Should Support You... But I Still Don't Agree... Yap The People Who Gets 1 Point Each Time They Must Disheartened... But They Shouldn't Give Up.... In My Case I Can Hardly Remember That I Got 2 or more overall Votes... I'm Still Going On.. Someday I'll Have More Votes... I Just Think That I Can Learn More....
In Cricket Club There Are Talented Coach... They Teach The Learner... If It Separate You Will Not Get Good Coach From The Beginner Or Like Us Who Is Still Learning... Or If You Think This Is OK.. Than You Have To Take A Big Time To Be A Good Themer... And There Is A Point Of Leveling People.. That Case People Will Divided In Five Group I Guess.. The Beginner, The Rising Themer, The Gifted themer, The Certified Themer And Finally Legendary Themer.. So There Will Be More Than Two Contest In My Opinion... So I Don't Think It's A Good Idea..... grouphug.gif
noahsarc
QUOTE (shaon007009 @ Mar 10 2010, 01:36 AM) *
QUOTE (noahsarc @ Mar 10 2010, 11:33 AM) *

In Cricket Club There Are Talented Coach... They Teach The Learner... If It Separate You Will Not Get Good Coach From The Beginner Or Like Us Who Is Still Learning... Or If You Think This Is OK.. Than You Have To Take A Big Time To Be A Good Themer... And There Is A Point Of Leveling People.. That Case People Will Divided In Five Group I Guess.. The Beginner, The Rising Themer, The Gifted themer, The Certified Themer And Finally Legendary Themer.. So There Will Be More Than Two Contest In My Opinion... So I Don't Think It's A Good Idea..... grouphug.gif

Well in this case also you can take help from professionals themer's, i hope they will come up with a good mind and comments on your previews and will guide you how to make it better and even they will teach you anything that you don't know.

But if the pro themers don't fell like commenting on beginners theme as we are separated then that will be really very bad cooperation and participation.
In that case i have nothing to say as it fully depends on the pros whether they want to help us or not.
asthegr8
Well its a endless issue with no result because all are not be satisfied but I just want one thing that the judges should comment on each and every theme and they tell us about our plus and minuses and what the reasons are that they choose winners theme as winner and not our's .
I also think that we should run a number system by our respected judges from 1-100 and they marked our theme between them. With this system we can easily understand our mistakes and also we can see our progress . And our TMC or STC not so boring for beginners .
Please every themer should give comment that they like my idea or not . byebye.gif byebye.gif byebye.gif
asthegr8
QUOTE (p.snp @ Mar 9 2010, 10:27 PM) *
QUOTE (asthegr8 @ Mar 10 2010, 07:39 AM) *

QUOTE (topmanner1 @ Mar 9 2010, 08:45 PM) *
I must say one thing, this voting system hasn't been giving me more than one vote and I think someone is Voting me every time for my entry. I thank him for showing some respect. laugh.gif

This doesn't mean any disrespect to others, What I say is I don't deserve the last position that I am always put in. smile.gif thumbsup.gif

Congrats to the Winners

ha.ha... laugh.gif i know that wht u say abt ...... that was the fact i leave TMC before past weeks ago..... i had tell my opinion abt "publishing result in TMC "

http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?...65144&st=45

but i didn't get any responds frm any TMC manager ... weightlift.gif ( i hope this time will get a reply... ) .i don't want to change voting system here.... but i think it is better that change the system of publishing result like RC or WPC.... coz everyone can understand their progress..... And increase number of votes with increasing no.of entries....(7/30 not good i think ..... )

Well its a endless issue with no result because all are not be satisfied but I just want one thing that the judges should comment on each and every theme and they tell us about our plus and minuses and what the reasons are that they choose winners theme as winner and not our's .
I also think that we should run a number system by our respected judges from 1-100 and they marked our theme between them. With this system we can easily understand our mistakes and also we can see our progress . And our TMC or STC not so boring for beginners .
Please every themer should give comment that they like my idea or not . byebye.gif byebye.gif byebye.gif
thabull
just a question........
who's to say the progress of a new themer? the different judges each week? the different sum of participants and voters each week?
each one of us has his/her own criteria of what makes a theme "good"
some of us pay more attention to the softkeys, others to the clocks and various elements, some to the walls, some to readability, some to intergration.......
can anybody give me some real objective criteria?

people, art is art. u can't measure it. there is no kg, meters, inches, seconds or hours that we can compare.....

i agree that perhaps the judges should comment all the entries regardless of their votes. but this is also perhaps drive us crazyv (based on the various "sensitivities" of each judge as i explained before).....
i totally refuse to start creating themes based on a judge's suggestion. i'm explaining......

e.g. i have use a digi clock and i got as a comment from a judge "this didn't fit the theme very well". what should i do? each time this person is a judge, i won't use that clock because he/she doesn't like it and i won't get the vote?
I TOTALLY REFUSE TO DO THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here we testify each time our inspiration, our view of the world around us, OURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not what others would want us to be !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (at least this is what we SHOULD do......)

i said it before in a similar issue in STC and i say it again.....
we r all here to communicate people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to make new friends from all over the world, to make riends with different cultures, different ways of living. this is how I see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree with mom!!!!!!!! it's getting boring each week to read the same things. instead of complaining about votes, judges and medals just try to work a bit harder on your themes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEMES is the main issue of these contests and not the medals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
asthegr8
QUOTE (thabull @ Mar 10 2010, 05:58 AM) *
just a question........
who's to say the progress of a new themer? the different judges each week? the different sum of participants and voters each week?
each one of us has his/her own criteria of what makes a theme "good"
some of us pay more attention to the softkeys, others to the clocks and various elements, some to the walls, some to readability, some to intergration.......
can anybody give me some real objective criteria?

people, art is art. u can't measure it. there is no kg, meters, inches, seconds or hours that we can compare.....

i agree that perhaps the judges should comment all the entries regardless of their votes. but this is also perhaps drive us crazyv (based on the various "sensitivities" of each judge as i explained before).....
i totally refuse to start creating themes based on a judge's suggestion. i'm explaining......

e.g. i have use a digi clock and i got as a comment from a judge "this didn't fit the theme very well". what should i do? each time this person is a judge, i won't use that clock because he/she doesn't like it and i won't get the vote?
I TOTALLY REFUSE TO DO THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here we testify each time our inspiration, our view of the world around us, OURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not what others would want us to be !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (at least this is what we SHOULD do......)

i said it before in a similar issue in STC and i say it again.....
we r all here to communicate people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to make new friends from all over the world, to make riends with different cultures, different ways of living. this is how I see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree with mom!!!!!!!! it's getting boring each week to read the same things. instead of complaining about votes, judges and medals just try to work a bit harder on your themes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEMES is the main issue of these contests and not the medals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

only one question to thabull then how will the beginners know about that they are going in right way or not when they always got 1 point ??????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.