Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Icons For Nokia Series 40 Theming
mobile9 Forum > ThemeMaking > Chat, Tutorials & Resources > Icons
Bishop_Bacon
Matching icons are the "soul" of a theme, aren't they? smile.gif So let's share some accordant links.

As for me, I don't want to affront any icon maker, so I will only post icons that are really free for the use in themes, web projects, etc. Generally, I think it's good to read the respective Terms Of Use before using an icon set or to drop the respective icon maker a line, when in doubt (the latter is also a good way to get in contact with nice people wink.gif )
Some icon makers require that you include a backlink to their site if you use their icons. I think that's more than fair given how much work they put in creating the respective icon set. Most icons are not meant to be modified in any way; however, a few ones are, I marked them green.

All listed icons are in .png format and have at least 48x48 pixels in size, so they won't appear too small in the phones' Grid Menu.

All icon sets are descriptive (I'm aware that one can use little animals, smurfs, bubbles, etc. as icons, but there are loads of them on the web whereas free descriptive icon sets are harder too find; so I will stick to digging up the latter ones).

All icon sets contain the 10 icons that are used for a S40 theme (sometimes with a little imagination, e.g. Chat Bubble icons can be used for "PPT", Refresh arrows or Notepad icons for "Log" – you know the deal cool.gif )

I will update the list as soon as I find more icon sets..

If you know of good icon sets for the use in S40 themes, don't hesitate to post the accordant links here, too.
Happy theming!

Weby
On Stage
Flavour Extended
Quartz Icon Pack
Simplicio
Function
Primo
Onebit Part 1 and Onebit Part 2

Sphere by Vladstudio
The Sphere icons come in blue, gold, green and black.
They may be modified, PSD files are included for this purpose.

Axialis icons
The icons may be modified. Axialis wants to be credited with both a link to their homepage and their icon download page - to do so, you can just copy this link (remove the asterisks):
[*url="http://www.axialis.com/free/icons"]Icons[/url]by the[*url="http://www.axialis.com"]Axialis Team[/url]

Just got a confirmation from webdesignerdepot.com that their
Ravenna icons are free for the use in cellphone themes, too - thank you, Walter smile.gif

The • Ginux set by Asher Abbadi is also free for non-commercial theming. Thanks, Asher smile.gif

Same goes for the Dropline Neu! icon set on Silvestre's website. Thanks, Silvestre

Go Green

Nixus
primavera77
Thanx BB, beautiful icons byebye.gif
shalu2173
Thanks @BB !! They are wonderful Icons !! thumbsup.gif
This is my Addition to your collection , A place where I download icons
http://www.iconpot.com/

asharushar2
thanks byebye.gif
Travis354

Really Nice post...Thanks BB grouphug.gif
pedi123
nice
hurricane_sss
Thank you, They are nice Icons byebye.gif
arbri135
those are cool icons

10.gif byebye.gif clap.gif
freeword
thanks BB
and i think i will will go back to S40 themes because it is have to make s60 themes ....
well at least it is hard for me and of course i need more experience to start with this kind of themes
sufie100
Super Ultra Thanks......
IVANNA01
Great post.Thakns for sharing!
saraluna
so lovely really,,thank u clapping.gif
topmanner1
Thanks a lot for the information and also for the links of icons. This is very useful for making themes. thumbsup.gif
Yoyocell
thanks BB its cool icon thumbsup.gif
_Abi_
yes cool....
nice iconz...............10.gif
Adj1993
Wonderfull smile.gif
Alamin007
thakssssssssssssssssss
novchanthol
So please give more link to icon download, i really excited with the icon.
Alamin007
gr8.thanks a lot... clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif .
bd_tongi
Nice
BENnGWEN
Cool Work Dear
sscob1
Check this site for some cool icons http://pc.de/ico/
krish_nank
Does any one have link to Omnia icon pack in PSD format.........

thanks in advance...
deepasree
thanks BB...
eliasjan
QUOTE (Bishop_Bacon @ Aug 25 2009, 11:08 PM) *
Matching icons are the "soul" of a theme, aren't they? smile.gif So let's share some accordant links.

As for me, I don't want to affront any icon maker, so I will only post icons that are really free for the use in themes, web projects, etc. Generally, I think it's good to read the respective Terms Of Use before using an icon set or to drop the respective icon maker a line, when in doubt (the latter is also a good way to get in contact with nice people wink.gif )
Some icon makers require that you include a backlink to their site if you use their icons. I think that's more than fair given how much work they put in creating the respective icon set. Most icons are not meant to be modified in any way; however, a few ones are, I marked them green.

All listed icons are in .png format and have at least 48x48 pixels in size, so they won't appear too small in the phones' Grid Menu.

All icon sets are descriptive (I'm aware that one can use little animals, smurfs, bubbles, etc. as icons, but there are loads of them on the web whereas free descriptive icon sets are harder too find; so I will stick to digging up the latter ones).

All icon sets contain the 10 icons that are used for a S40 theme (sometimes with a little imagination, e.g. Chat Bubble icons can be used for "PPT", Refresh arrows or Notepad icons for "Log" – you know the deal cool.gif )

I will update the list as soon as I find more icon sets..

If you know of good icon sets for the use in S40 themes, don't hesitate to post the accordant links here, too.
Happy theming!

Weby
On Stage
Flavour Extended
Quartz Icon Pack
Simplicio
Function
Primo
Onebit Part 1 and Onebit Part 2

Sphere by Vladstudio
The Sphere icons come in blue, gold, green and black.
They may be modified, PSD files are included for this purpose.

Axialis icons
The icons may be modified. Axialis wants to be credited with both a link to their homepage and their icon download page - to do so, you can just copy this link (remove the asterisks):
[*url="http://www.axialis.com/free/icons"]Icons[/url]by the[*url="http://www.axialis.com"]Axialis Team[/url]

Just got a confirmation from webdesignerdepot.com that their
Ravenna icons are free for the use in cellphone themes, too - thank you, Walter smile.gif

The • Ginux set by Asher Abbadi is also free for non-commercial theming. Thanks, Asher smile.gif

Same goes for the Dropline Neu! icon set on Silvestre's website. Thanks, Silvestre

Go Green

Nixus

Thank You Very Much byebye.gif
asthegr8
thanks for the share clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
sugato_maity
you are gr8
imsagi
thanksss
akhilnn
thxxxxxxxx clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
sscob1
Thanks a lot smile.gif
mohamedali05
Thanks
caiso16
hey thanks for this :D
Hazza-1
Hello to everybody! grouphug.gif
Can someone make for me a theme thaht includes a "Ovi store icon" ???
I will do everything you ask, yust make a theme for me.
it will be great if you make it with the "On stage" icons!
PLease !!!! notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif contact me if you ready to help me!

P.S. I alredy reqvested a theme in the reqvest topic, and i get it but i am not so hapy with it unsure.gif
caiso16
Rohitcstrike
nice icon packs , Thanks for sharing these 10.gif
imsagi
@Hazza-1 you can request again just recall ur request in theme request thread
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.