Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: M9 Interviews The Theming Queen, Jasnasto
mobile9 Forum > Site Related > Introductions & Regional Groups > M9ers Interview
Pages: 1, 2
ArthurWill
Today, I'm happy to present you my first ever interview with a M9er. Who is she?
- a long time M9er
- one of the three Legendary Themer
- one of the three with the Contest Sage award (participated in 100 contests & won in 50 contests)
- a good friend

I'm sure a lot of you know who she is by now. So why wait any longer? Here we go!

Hello Jasna, can you introduce yourself to M9ers who don't already know you?
My name is Jasna, I live in Belgrade, Serbia. I believe that here at M9 people mostly recognize me as a themer and TMC manager. How do M9ers really see me apart from these things, you should better ask them.

In addition to the two roles mentioned above, some themers see you as their theming mentor who is always ready help them to improve. Perhaps tell us how you found M9 and what makes you stay.
I googled it way back in 2004, while searching for a site which offers some nice themes for my good old SE Z600. Since then, I downloaded loads of various stuff from the gallery and learned a lot about Photoshop, CG (Computer Graphics) and theming . But what's the most valuable are the people I've met during all these years, with couple of them I became very close.

Why get into theming? When you first started, which themer(s) helped you the most?

Being a very meticulous person, at some point I was not quite happy with all the elements in downloaded themes and therefore I decided to try making them by myself. I had a very basic knowledge of Photoshop at that time, so those first themes of mine were not that good, but learning is long and hard work. I'm the person who almost never asks others to show or tell me how to do something, but prefer to observe, investigate and practice things by my very own, only because that's the way I learn the best. In this case, the most helpful and inspiring were my participation in TMC and themes made by august, beano, maampia, elton, simon, etc.

Can you briefly describe the process of making a theme? Do you start with a nice wallpaper or something else?
Choosing or making a nice, quality and usable wallpaper is very important and I usually spend a lot of time doing that. Sometimes the image is simply calling me, but more often I mix and manipulate images to get what I want. Simultaneously I start projecting in my head the basic concept of the future theme, but the final look is decided step by step while working on it. After the standby and navigation images are completed, I start working on the bars and frames, if any. The popup screens, inputs are usually the last on the list, yet not less important. As for details, they are added, removed and changed many times through the process, some of them are final touch on a completed theme.

You have created 666 themes. Of all those, can you list 3 themes that you like the most?
Well, that’s really a very hard decision, but let’s say it could be these 3:

1. I Am A Monster
This theme was such a fun to make, I enjoyed every part of it. Creating the animation and the inputs was certainly the most interesting.

2. Sweet Lips
I’m really proud of this one overall, from the standby which is made from the plain B&W photo, through the patterns and colouring, to the very last tiny detail.

3. Heavenly Children
Nothing much to say about this theme, I just like it a lot, especially the assonance of the 2 main colours.

Wow, the three themes you mentioned are all eye candy! My personal favourite is the Heavenly Children, a theme I use on my Sony Ericsson K700 every now and then when I had the phone. Can you share some theming tips with those who want to make smashing themes like yours?
Hmmm... improving your skills by learning from the tutorials, observing the work of recognized themers and joining the competitions are the first steps. Along with that it’s also very important not to give up easily and to keep on practising (as long as you enjoy making themes of course). Don’t rush with your work, take your time, experiment with some new stuff, always having in mind that you theme has to be user friendly, meaning that the readability is the absolute prerogative. If it’s followed with the attractive standby and the functional navigation, has good contrast, colouring and readability, nice and original barwork and details, you’re on the right path. I have to add that artistic talent has its role as well, it’s great if you have it...

What are the phones you have had so far? Which is the one you're currently using?

Starting from 2004, I used SEZ600, SEK750, SEW850, and currently, believe it or not, Nokia 7610 Supernova, which is my very first Nokia phone.

It's pretty surprising for someone like you to have a Nokia phone. Those beautiful Series 40 themes must have played a part in your decision to get a compatible phone to play with. Now the last question for the day - off internet, what do you enjoyed doing?

I don’t have much time for the hobbies, most of my spare time I spent with my family and friends, watch movies or favourite TV programs, I even grab a book from time to time... I’m also big water polo fan, so certain hours are spent on the pools, cheering up for my favourite teams and players.

-------------

I'm thankful to Jasna for her time & effort. I hope you enjoyed the interview as much as I do, get to know Jasna a little more, and learn some tips from a theming queen.
sp0rtskiller03
great details.. at jasna, can u give me some tutorial links that are helpful in theming.. like graphics, etc..
vegeta_sa
WOW i realy like this interview its great.
Nice to know more about you Jasna thumbsup.gif
shalu2173
It's really nice to read about U Jasna. U r my mentor and I know many of us admire u . I just love ur skills on theming and got to know u little more through TMC. The positivity that flows from you and the way u handle everything makes me admire u always.U a legendary person in every sense of word. U know why I say u this.smile.gif

The "Sweet Lips" theme is my all time fav.u are such a great help to everyone here and i think It's this the right place to thank u once again for all the help u have extended to me and others and the time u have invested with me. 10.gif grouphug.gif
It's a really a great effort from M9 admins to honor our legends and seniors and giving us a oppurtunity to know them little more better. It's such a unique thing. Hats of to u M9 grouphug.gif
christina86
I really enjoyed reading this interview. 10.gif Great questions and answers.
rhtz
great interview.. ..really enjoyed reading it and nice to know more about the theming queen smile.gif.. ..
thump_rockstar
Really good Interview thumbsup.gif Was really nice knowing about you Jasna smile.gif
ronaldo23
Great interview, thumbsup.gif its nice to know more about you Jasna smile.gif
see-iNO
clapping.gif awesome interview smile.gif
elaginn
Awesome interview... Better than reading a book! wow.gif
Nice to know that there are so many talented people here on this planet and mobile9 gives the opportunity to express themselves, and I think Jasna is doing a stunning job! thumbsup.gif
clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gifA huge round of applause to Jasna! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
jasnasto
@AW
Thank you and M9 for choosing me for this very first interview... it was a pleasure talking to you and I really enjoyed answering your questions...

@sportskiller, vegeta_sa, Shalu, christina, rhtz, thump_rockstar, ronaldo, see-INO, elaginn
I appreciate the time you took to go through this interview, good to know that you liked it as well... and many thanx for all these nice and praising words, you certainly manage to place a very big smile on my face...

@sportskiller
I'm not visiting these tutorial link these days, but the one that was the most helpful at some point was Good-Tutorials...

@Shalu
I don't know why, but your words always have some kind of soothing effect on me, thanx for all the support and love...
Sourav_Kumar
It's an great interview......great to know about legendary themer.......
lonelyboyiran
great questions and answers . . . . . . so happy to know more about legendary themer, jasna
_anuj_
It was so good to read ur interview Jasna, its nice to know how you started out in theming xxx smile.gif
kashif85
wow Great Answer and Questions .................... Realy nice Interview........... interesting
srimunnamunna
superb question and answers clapping.gif really its a great decision to interview like this thumbsup.gif
jasnasto
@Sourav, lonelyboy, anuj, kashif & srimunnamunna
Many thanx to everyone, I'm glad you find it interesting...
Happyyesh
It was really admirable that how you have started your long journey of theming with a little knowledge about theming and all. clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif I like your way of giving LIFE to a theme just by making it with your own creativity grouphug.gif 10.gif I'm always get inspired by Great themes created by great themers Which was the only source of my theming knowledge grouphug.gif
THANKS JASANA FOR SHARING YOUR GREAT EXPERIENCE ABOUT THEMING AND ACHIEVEMENTS WITH US notworthy.gif notworthy.gif byebye.gif
sp0rtskiller03
@AW - i suggest BB to be the next to be interviewed.
jasnasto
QUOTE (Happyyesh @ Aug 9 2009, 07:55 PM) *
It was really admirable that how you have started your long journey of theming with a little knowledge about theming and all. clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif I like your way of giving LIFE to a theme just by making it with your own creativity grouphug.gif 10.gif I'm always get inspired by Great themes created by great themers Which was the only source of my theming knowledge grouphug.gif
THANKS JASANA FOR SHARING YOUR GREAT EXPERIENCE ABOUT THEMING AND ACHIEVEMENTS WITH US notworthy.gif notworthy.gif byebye.gif

And I like your way of expressing things... thanx for all these nice words, Happyyesh...
Benny2478
Excellent interview! clapping.gif

Loved reading it! wub.gif

I'm glad to know more about Jasna and the process of theming. You really are an inspiration. thumbs_up.gif

Can't wait for more great interviews with ArthurWill! byebye.gif
HamitShala
Nice interview smile.gif
vinnieza
Good read thumbsup.gif. Mini M9 biography of one of the the most talented members on mobile9 smile.gif
maampia
You're brilliant, Jasna! It amazes me how you clearly put your thoughts into words. No wonder you're a great teacher and an inspiration to all of us.

Keep up the great work!!! 10.gif
AzizGFX
interesting smile.gif
cute_heart
Good Interview , Am really happy to knowing about you Jasna ,
heshambassel
that's a really good interview from you Aw to the best themer on m9 and really it was an interesting interview clap.gif clap.gif

waiting 4 ur next interview Aw thumbsup.gif
elaginn
when's the next one??? wow.gif
Bishop_Bacon
Nice interview, it's quite interesting to read about your way of theming smile.gif And looking at your "Favourite 3" calls up some good memories.
Megalomaniac_X
No One Can Interview The Great Legendary Jasnastro So Well Then The Professional Admin The Legendary Arthurwill.It Is A New Discovery,A New Vision To Tell Us How Legandary Jasnastro Started Her Career And How She Worked And What Was In Mind smile.gif .
PS:Hope To See More Legendary Work by Legendary Madam Jasnastro clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif And Mind Blowing Interviews By Madam Admin Arthurwill thumbsup.gif
x360factor
AWESOME INTERVIEW....HOPE TO SEE MORE INTERVIEW FROM ADMIN Arthurwill.....REALLY INSPIRING AND HELPFULL..KUDOS rockon.gif
jasnasto
@Benny, HamitShala, Vince, Pia, Aziz, cute_heart, heshambassel, BB, Megalomaniac & & 360factor

Thanx you all for taking your time to read the interview and comment... I appreciate your praising words a lot, tho I think some of you were too sweet and exaggerated a bit...
technokid1974
it was so nice 2 read this interview and get 2 know bit of jasnasto as well coz she is
1 amazzing member/person and a legend themer wow.gif
aleckingdom
Awesome interview!!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
boxieblue
wonderful. i totally enjoyed the three themes, and i didn't even make them! just looked at them laugh.gif
topmanner1
That is a great interview.Nice to know about jasnasto.
saraluna
great interview
muhib_shah
clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif good interview 10.gif
vikky999
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Aug 7 2009, 02:38 AM) *
Today, I'm happy to present you my first ever interview with a M9er. Who is she?
- a long time M9er
- one of the three Legendary Themer
- one of the three with the Contest Sage award (participated in 100 contests & won in 50 contests)
- a good friend

I'm sure a lot of you know who she is by now. So why wait any longer? Here we go!

Hello Jasna, can you introduce yourself to M9ers who don't already know you?
My name is Jasna, I live in Belgrade, Serbia. I believe that here at M9 people mostly recognize me as a themer and TMC manager. How do M9ers really see me apart from these things, you should better ask them.

In addition to the two roles mentioned above, some themers see you as their theming mentor who is always ready help them to improve. Perhaps tell us how you found M9 and what makes you stay.
I googled it way back in 2004, while searching for a site which offers some nice themes for my good old SE Z600. Since then, I downloaded loads of various stuff from the gallery and learned a lot about Photoshop, CG (Computer Graphics) and theming . But what's the most valuable are the people I've met during all these years, with couple of them I became very close.

Why get into theming? When you first started, which themer(s) helped you the most?

Being a very meticulous person, at some point I was not quite happy with all the elements in downloaded themes and therefore I decided to try making them by myself. I had a very basic knowledge of Photoshop at that time, so those first themes of mine were not that good, but learning is long and hard work. I'm the person who almost never asks others to show or tell me how to do something, but prefer to observe, investigate and practice things by my very own, only because that's the way I learn the best. In this case, the most helpful and inspiring were my participation in TMC and themes made by august, beano, maampia, elton, simon, etc.

Can you briefly describe the process of making a theme? Do you start with a nice wallpaper or something else?
Choosing or making a nice, quality and usable wallpaper is very important and I usually spend a lot of time doing that. Sometimes the image is simply calling me, but more often I mix and manipulate images to get what I want. Simultaneously I start projecting in my head the basic concept of the future theme, but the final look is decided step by step while working on it. After the standby and navigation images are completed, I start working on the bars and frames, if any. The popup screens, inputs are usually the last on the list, yet not less important. As for details, they are added, removed and changed many times through the process, some of them are final touch on a completed theme.

You have created 666 themes. Of all those, can you list 3 themes that you like the most?
Well, that’s really a very hard decision, but let’s say it could be these 3:

1. I Am A Monster
This theme was such a fun to make, I enjoyed every part of it. Creating the animation and the inputs was certainly the most interesting.

2. Sweet Lips
I’m really proud of this one overall, from the standby which is made from the plain B&W photo, through the patterns and colouring, to the very last tiny detail.

3. Heavenly Children
Nothing much to say about this theme, I just like it a lot, especially the assonance of the 2 main colours.

Wow, the three themes you mentioned are all eye candy! My personal favourite is the Heavenly Children, a theme I use on my Sony Ericsson K700 every now and then when I had the phone. Can you share some theming tips with those who want to make smashing themes like yours?
Hmmm... improving your skills by learning from the tutorials, observing the work of recognized themers and joining the competitions are the first steps. Along with that it’s also very important not to give up easily and to keep on practising (as long as you enjoy making themes of course). Don’t rush with your work, take your time, experiment with some new stuff, always having in mind that you theme has to be user friendly, meaning that the readability is the absolute prerogative. If it’s followed with the attractive standby and the functional navigation, has good contrast, colouring and readability, nice and original barwork and details, you’re on the right path. I have to add that artistic talent has its role as well, it’s great if you have it...

What are the phones you have had so far? Which is the one you're currently using?

Starting from 2004, I used SEZ600, SEK750, SEW850, and currently, believe it or not, Nokia 7610 Supernova, which is my very first Nokia phone.

It's pretty surprising for someone like you to have a Nokia phone. Those beautiful Series 40 themes must have played a part in your decision to get a compatible phone to play with. Now the last question for the day - off internet, what do you enjoyed doing?

I don’t have much time for the hobbies, most of my spare time I spent with my family and friends, watch movies or favourite TV programs, I even grab a book from time to time... I’m also big water polo fan, so certain hours are spent on the pools, cheering up for my favourite teams and players.

-------------

I'm thankful to Jasna for her time & effort. I hope you enjoyed the interview as much as I do, get to know Jasna a little more, and learn some tips from a theming queen.

great interview......
i like it..
i also in making theme.....
imsagi
wow great interview of legend
noahsarc
Wow i never knew about her, but after watching this I'm sure i missed a really talented person.
novchanthol
Really nice i like her so much , she has 666 completed work , 100 entry challeng , 50 won challeng , and get Legendary wow.gif wub.gif very great from her 10.gif Jasna !
kochaji
Great
bd_tongi
Really good Interview
Adj1993
Wonderful work by her smile.gif
krish_nank
Very inspiring life style Jasna...... , Its not so easy being here around making themes..i have seen many loosing patience and vacating the place due to pressure of doing the best .I appretiate your patience and hard work notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
deepasree
Great interview...
KingArian
Fantastic Interview.... congrats to dear Jasna clap.gif
Unknowndevice
Congratz!!! Jasma
adolfhardik
fantastic interview jasna ,

glad to know more about one of the best themer of m9 . . ..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.