Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Avoid Blueish Tinge In Series 40 Theme Screenshot
mobile9 Forum > ThemeMaking > Chat, Tutorials & Resources > Tutorials
Bishop_Bacon
"In my graphic editor, the theme elements look ok, but when I import them to Carbide UI, they always get an ugly blueish (resp. magenta/pink) tinge and I can't take proper screenshots of my theme."

After being asked by several S40 themers, here the solution to that harmless, but nasty problem (the tinge only shows up in Carbide UI and won't appear on the phone):

The trick is not to directly open a theme element in your graphic editor via right-clicking the element and selecting the "Edit Image in Bitmap Editor" command:

but instead by saving the respective theme elements in PNG format and importing them via "Select File...". :

Then the tinge won't appear.

Alternatively, you can use an emulator to take screenshots of your Series 40 themes. (I don't take screenshots from Carbide and rather rely on the 5th Edition Feature Pack 1 emulator instead.) The emulator shows your themes like they will appear on the phone. No tinge.

Love,
BB
arbri135
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
eliasjan
QUOTE (Bishop_Bacon @ Jun 13 2009, 09:41 PM) *
"In my graphic editor, the theme elements look ok, but when I import them to Carbide UI, they always get an ugly blueish (resp. magenta/pink) tinge and I can't take proper screenshots of my theme."

After being asked by several S40 themers, here the solution to that harmless, but nasty problem (the tinge only shows up in Carbide UI and won't appear on the phone):

The trick is not to directly open a theme element in your graphic editor via right-clicking the element and selecting the "Edit Image in Bitmap Editor" command:

but instead by saving the respective theme elements in PNG format and importing them via "Select File...". :

Then the tinge won't appear.

Alternatively, you can use an emulator to take screenshots of your Series 40 themes. (I don't take screenshots from Carbide and rather rely on the 5th Edition Feature Pack 1 emulator instead.) The emulator shows your themes like they will appear on the phone. No tinge.

Love,
BB

Thanks byebye.gif clap.gif
sugato_maity
gr8 grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif
akhilnn
thnx clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
sscob1
Thanks BB
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.