Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Series 40 Theming Kit
mobile9 Forum > ThemeMaking > Chat, Tutorials & Resources > Tutorials
Bishop_Bacon
Hello M9ers,

today I want to offer a Nokia Series 40 theming kit I timbered.

It contains
Photoshop sketching templates
for
- Idle Screen with Active Standby
- Grid View
- Default Background Main
- Tab View
- Profile Settings Screen
- Popup
- Calendar (Month and Week View)

Some templates come with an accordant explanation sheet. You can use the templates for sketching your theme before actually importing elements into Carbide UI. The templates can help you to avoid usability issues, e.g. theme elements clashing with texts. Each text/element is placed on a separate layer so you can change their color/style quickly by adding layer effects to them. How this is done is described on the explanation sheet "Adding layer effects in Photoshop".

Additionally, I added a set of
Photoshop files for the main Series 40 theme elements

You surely know that one possibility to skin an element in Carbide UI is to directly open it in your graphic editor via right-clicking the element and selecting the "Edit Image in Bitmap Editor" command:

I rarely do that, not because it's the "worse" way of skinning or so. I just feel more comfortable with another skinning method: I create all parts in Photoshop, then save them to one folder as PNGs (or GIFs, for the Wait Graphics and Thumbnail) via Photoshop's "Save for Web" function. Then I import them via "Select File..." into Carbide UI:

I case you want to do that, too, I added empty Photoshop files for all main elements in their correct pixel size, so you can edit them and save them in PNG or GIF format. The elements are listed in order of their appearance in Carbide UI's Resources Palette.

Last but not least you'll find a
text file "Series 40 Theme Saving Info"
that informs you about the correct saving options for Series 40 3d Edition phones respectively Series 40 5th/6th Edition phones.

If you have corrections to add, or questions, let me now byebye.gif

Happy themeing!

Alternative Download in case you should have problems with the forum download
ventolinmono
Hello Bishop Bacon

Where can i have the Series 40 fonts.
Your psd is very nice but the fonts are rasterred.

Thank You
Bishop_Bacon
Hi ventolinmono,

I don't have the Nokia fonts (the fonts in the theming kit are extracted from screenshots), not sure if they're actually available somewhere.
ventolinmono
Its me again

Where can i get an application to take screenshots of my Nokia 5300?

Thanks again.
Bishop_Bacon
At the time, there's no application to take screenshots from a Series 40 phone, but you can use emulators to open your theme on the PC. (For a 5300, the Series 40 3d Edition Feature Pack 2 emulator is the correct one.)
bd_tongi
thank u
PG001
Thanks BB It Really Helped thumbsup.gif
i was getting tired of always selecting the right size for the img's
arbri135
THANK U BISHOP byebye.gif
shydevilo

It's really useful. Thanks you so much!
Kabuto_1995
Thank you bishop. You really help me.
Adj1993
QUOTE (Bishop_Bacon @ May 31 2009, 01:11 AM) *
Hello M9ers,

It contains
for
- Grid View
- Tab View
- Popup

Some templates come with an accordant explanation sheet. You can use the templates for sketching your theme before actually importing elements into Carbide UI. The templates can help you to avoid usability issues, e.g. theme elements clashing with texts. Each text/element is placed on a separate layer so you can change their color/style quickly by adding layer effects to them. How this is done is described on the explanation sheet "Adding layer effects in Photoshop".

You surely know that one possibility to skin an element in Carbide UI is to directly open it in your graphic editor via right-clicking the element and selecting the "Edit Image in Bitmap Editor" command:

I rarely do that, not because it's the "worse" way of skinning or so. I just feel more comfortable with another skinning method: I create all parts in Photoshop, then save them to one folder as PNGs (or GIFs, for the Wait Graphics and Thumbnail) via Photoshop's "Save for Web" function. Then I import them via "Select File..." into Carbide UI:

I case you want to do that, too, I added empty Photoshop files for all main elements in their correct pixel size, so you can edit them and save them in PNG or GIF format. The elements are listed in order of their appearance in Carbide UI's Resources Palette.

that informs you about the correct saving options for Series 40 3d Edition phones respectively Series 40 5th/6th Edition phones.

Happy themeing!

@bishop smile.gif thanks for sharing it . . Very informative 10.gif clap.gif thumbsup.gif laugh.gif
Alamin007
Thank you.... clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
lucianfurdui
QUOTE (Alamin007 @ Jul 23 2010, 11:19 AM) *
Thank you.... clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

thanks man clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif 10.gif
eliasjan
QUOTE (Bishop_Bacon @ May 31 2009, 12:11 AM) *
Hello M9ers,

It contains
for
- Grid View
- Tab View
- Popup

Happy themeing!

Thank You Keep It Up
Kennydante
Nice
caiso16
hey thanks for this .. :D
san-sagar
thanks ..^^^
Angelus2009
Hi Bishop!
I was wondering if maybe you have templates for the Nokia X3 Touch and Type. wink.gif
Bishop_Bacon
Sorry, no. Haven't got the accordant handset to tinker one.
Rakes_love
byebye.gif MANY MANY THANKS 10.gif notworthy.gif clap.gif notworthy.gif
sidasvandenidas
thank you, Bishop_Bacon! clap.gif
saad_bd
tnx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.