Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gphone Vs Iphone, Which Is Better?
mobile9 Forum > Mobile Phone > Polls
Pages: 1, 2
Wheresleep
As iPhone is the most talked about smart phone on the planet and it has won millions of hearts of users by his multi-touch screen and other powerful/beautiful design. Of course, iPhone has brought so much money for Apple.
On 23rd, Sep 2008 Google released G1 and claimed that they will have a share of the big market of smart phone.
So, which is better about iPhone and G1? That maybe asked by many people who want to buy a new phone. Here I will give some of opinion about G1 and iPhone.
I will compare these two phones in three aspects, hardware, software, and their performance as a media player.

Part 1: Hardware.
1. The price and storage memory
First, the price and storage memory is what I concern most, for iPhone $199 8GB, $299 16GB, for G1 $179 1GB. When you see this you will say G1 is $20 lower than iPhone but G1 is only 1GB and you will pay another $40 for an 8GB SD Card. So I think iPhone win in this round.
2. Appearance
iPhone is 133 grams/4.7 ounces and G1 is 158 grams/5.57 ounces. G1 is taller while iPhone is thinner (G1: 117.7*55.7*17.1, iPhone: 115.5*62.1*12.3).
3. Mobile Network
For mobile Network, they both have Quad Band GSM/EDGE UMTS, but G1 uses T-Mobile-only US 3G and iPhone uses AT&T-only US 3G.
4. Touch screen and input
About touch screen display, iPhone has Multi-touch 3.5 480*320 163 ppi, but G1 does not support mulit-touch. And in input aspect, G1 uses keyboard, Trackball, 6 buttons and touch screen, while iPhone has home button and multi touch screen.
5. Expansion
In expansion ports, G1 uses SD, ExtUSB(USB+audio) but iPhone has headphone, Dock connector (USB+ audio, video, remote). They have the same wireless WiFi 820.11b/g Limited Bluetooth 2.0 EDR.
6. Others
G1 has GPS and fixed focus 3.2 MP camera, iPhone has fixed focus 2 MP camera and GPS.

About hardware, the two phones perform almost the same and the only big difference is the iPhone uses multi-touch screen and G1’s camera is better than iPhone. And iPhone has a 1400Ah battery with 300 hours standby time but G1 only has a 1150Ah battery with 5 hours talk time and 130 standby.

Part 2: Software.
iPhone and G1 are both using Webkit as their browser engine. In media playback aspect, iPhone supports music, audiobook, video, streaming, downloads and rental, while for G1, only music playback. G1 has Android Market as its third party software store while iPhone has iPhone app store. G1’s platform is Modified Java development and iPhone uses Cocoa Touch.

Part 3: Their performance as media player.
G1 supports H.264, 3GPP, MPEG4, Codec 3GP video and MP3、AAC、AAC+、WMA、MPEG4、WAV、MIDI、REAL、AUDIO、OGG audio formats.
iPhone supports AAC,Protected AAC,MP3,MP3 VBR,Audible (formats 1, 2, 3), Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV audio formats and H.264 (up to 1.5Mbps), MPEG-4 (up to 2.5Mbps) 640*480, 30fps, AAC-LC (up to 160 Kbps), 48kHz dimensional sound .m4v, .mp4 and .mov format.

Amazon MP3 Store allows you to download 6 million songs without the DRM protection, 89 cents per song. It is similar with the Apple iPhone, you need to pay for the video and audio sources on the Apple store. But how to get free sources for your G1.

For iPhone and G1 you can buy songs and videos from store, which is really expensive, and you can also make songs and videos for your iPhone and G1 by yourself, you just need to convert your DVDs and videos to mp4 format and then you can put them easily to your iPhone and G1.
warmday123
Thank you for your support. I will share more useful information here.
warmday123
thank you for everybody's share.
LIVELYBUNNY9
I have a question: How can I convert my video in a shorter time?
ssivic
Soimply use WMM ( Windows movie maker) And after words convert it back to mp4 format, and transfer to you phone
niyajiala
good job and nice guide.
niyajiala
thanks for the share
niyajiala
hope you will like it.
djfreecko
QUOTE (Wheresleep @ Feb 13 2009, 05:33 PM) *
As iPhone is the most talked about smart phone on the planet and it has won millions of hearts of users by his multi-touch screen and other powerful/beautiful design. Of course, iPhone has brought so much money for Apple.
On 23rd, Sep 2008 Google released G1 and claimed that they will have a share of the big market of smart phone.
So, which is better about iPhone and G1? That maybe asked by many people who want to buy a new phone. Here I will give some of opinion about G1 and iPhone.
I will compare these two phones in three aspects, hardware, software, and their performance as a media player.

First, the price and storage memory is what I concern most, for iPhone $199 8GB, $299 16GB, for G1 $179 1GB. When you see this you will say G1 is $20 lower than iPhone but G1 is only 1GB and you will pay another $40 for an 8GB SD Card. So I think iPhone win in this round.
2. Appearance
iPhone is 133 grams/4.7 ounces and G1 is 158 grams/5.57 ounces. G1 is taller while iPhone is thinner (G1: 117.7*55.7*17.1, iPhone: 115.5*62.1*12.3).
3. Mobile Network
For mobile Network, they both have Quad Band GSM/EDGE UMTS, but G1 uses T-Mobile-only US 3G and iPhone uses AT&T-only US 3G.
About touch screen display, iPhone has Multi-touch 3.5 480*320 163 ppi, but G1 does not support mulit-touch. And in input aspect, G1 uses keyboard, Trackball, 6 buttons and touch screen, while iPhone has home button and multi touch screen.
5. Expansion
In expansion ports, G1 uses SD, ExtUSB(USB+audio) but iPhone has headphone, Dock connector (USB+ audio, video, remote). They have the same wireless WiFi 820.11b/g Limited Bluetooth 2.0 EDR.
6. Others
G1 has GPS and fixed focus 3.2 MP camera, iPhone has fixed focus 2 MP camera and GPS.

About hardware, the two phones perform almost the same and the only big difference is the iPhone uses multi-touch screen and G1’s camera is better than iPhone. And iPhone has a 1400Ah battery with 300 hours standby time but G1 only has a 1150Ah battery with 5 hours talk time and 130 standby.

iPhone and G1 are both using Webkit as their browser engine. In media playback aspect, iPhone supports music, audiobook, video, streaming, downloads and rental, while for G1, only music playback. G1 has Android Market as its third party software store while iPhone has iPhone app store. G1’s platform is Modified Java development and iPhone uses Cocoa Touch.

G1 supports H.264, 3GPP, MPEG4, Codec 3GP video and MP3、AAC、AAC+、WMA、MPEG4、WAV、MIDI、REAL、AUDIO、OGG audio formats.
iPhone supports AAC,Protected AAC,MP3,MP3 VBR,Audible (formats 1, 2, 3), Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV audio formats and H.264 (up to 1.5Mbps), MPEG-4 (up to 2.5Mbps) 640*480, 30fps, AAC-LC (up to 160 Kbps), 48kHz dimensional sound .m4v, .mp4 and .mov format.

Amazon MP3 Store allows you to download 6 million songs without the DRM protection, 89 cents per song. It is similar with the Apple iPhone, you need to pay for the video and audio sources on the Apple store. But how to get free sources for your G1.

For iPhone and G1 you can buy songs and videos from store, which is really expensive, and you can also make songs and videos for your iPhone and G1 by yourself, you just need to convert your DVDs and videos to mp4 format and then you can put them easily to your iPhone and G1.

Finally whose d winner according to U" tongue.gif
niyajiala
The best converter
niyajiala
custom makes all things easy.
warmday123
Have you ever heard DVD ripper? It is a practical tool to put dvd on all kinds of portable players, such as PSP, iPod Classic, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPhone (3G), iPhone, Zune, Zune 2, Blackberry, Nokia, Creative Zen, Sony Walkman, iRiver PMP, Archos, PS3, Apple TV, Xbox, iPAQ, Pocket PC, Mobile Phone, etc.
Fortunately, I come across a website which show a lot of dvd tools, for example Aiseesoft DVD Ripper Aiseesoft DVD Ripper for Mac
For other video tools:http://www.aiseesoft.com/
tiker

Make my own ringtone for my iPhone i use Aiseesoft iPhone Ringtone Maker

if you are a Mac user:
try this iPhone Ringtone Maker for Mac
elaginn
thanx for info!
I think iPhone wins!!!
elaginn
Great tips! Thanks! cheers.gif rockon.gif
milesukaoma
QUOTE (Wheresleep @ Feb 13 2009, 06:03 AM) *

2. Appearance
3. Mobile Network
5. Expansion
6. Others

Lol!!!! well lets see where your wrong in so many ways g1 has the exact same screen as the iphone i have multi touch on my g1?? but yes it dosnt support it out of the box but if you are not completly ingnorant it is an very easy mod to acheive it is also said that the g1 dosent supported video,streming, downloads and rentals, when infact it does all this.... you can stream from music from pandora imeem via apps and from all the sites the iphone can and oh yea that right.. the g1 comes with youtube!! but i guess that no streaming.... for audiobooks that why there is the android market, and all you have to do is long hold and you can download ANYTHING and more than you can on the iphone.. you did seem to leave out some other stuff. like the fact that you can make your own wifi network via the g1 data connection install a full running desktop via terminal on phone. watch television, all while being connected to the google cloud... if your gonna be a iphone fan boy do you research you intentionally made the g1 look like the lesser of the two give credit where credit is due
elaginn
thumbsup.gif
Benny2478
I don't have either so I really can't judge.

I do have an iPod touch 2G though and with the same OS as an iPhone it really rocks!

Can you play genesis, snes, gba, nes, turbo graphx16 and ps1 games on the G1?

Cause you can on an iPhone.
rollfresh
iPhone is a nice phone you just get stuck with bad service.
billy825
Iphone
Cleanclick
i found a really nice M2TS Video Converter. it is really powerful that can convert M2TS to AVI, MP4, WMV, 3GP and all the popular video formats. It also natively supports converting MTS, TS, TOD, MOD and more. Aiseesoft M2TS Converter can efficiently convert all audios to AAC, AC3, MP3, M4A, MP2, OGG, WAV, WMA and more, or extract audio from M2TS, TS and others to those audio formats.
it is really fast and can do many video editing works, such as trim, crop, merge and so on.
AzizGFX
QUOTE (Cleanclick @ Jul 31 2009, 01:08 AM) *
i found a really nice M2TS Video Converter. it is really powerful that can convert M2TS to AVI, MP4, WMV, 3GP and all the popular video formats. It also natively supports converting MTS, TS, TOD, MOD and more. Aiseesoft M2TS Converter can efficiently convert all audios to AAC, AC3, MP3, M4A, MP2, OGG, WAV, WMA and more, or extract audio from M2TS, TS and others to those audio formats.
it is really fast and can do many video editing works, such as trim, crop, merge and so on.

spam.gif offtopic.gif dots.gif ban.gif thumbdown.gif sleep.gif dry.gif

Ontopic:
I vote goes to iPhone, original and powerful
rizwanak47
I can't chose one of the i ike to buy both of them .
aleckingdom
iphone! iphone! happy.gif laugh.gif
bluebutterfly11
Iphone is better in my option smile.gif
aurica_0291
QUOTE (bluebutterfly11 @ Oct 13 2009, 03:23 AM) *
Iphone is better in my option smile.gif

I think most of us will agree that iphone is still one of the best phones out there despite so many new mobile phones that are released. People just can't get enough of it, must be because it's so intriguing I really don't know. Since I myself is an iphone user I think the best part of having an iphone is the thousands of cool apps you can get with it. Besides, I've had this phone that i bought from Timtechs for over a year now and it never gave me a problem so I just love it notworthy.gif
topmanner1
G1.
arbri135
i voted for iphone 3g and 3gs
arbri135
who voted for gphones
asharushar2
Thanks for information clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
asharushar2
Iphone is great byebye.gif
saraluna
i phone thumbsup.gif
FXrubi_P
iphone for sure
bd_tongi
Thanx for information
justbe3112
IPhone 10.gif
lostlyrics

samsung s8000 jet making even acceptable hd videos 10.8 mm thin. 800x480 hitec display
glisser
of course the iphone... just wish the service providers were more widespread over here!
Gatosuso
I prefer the iPhone. It's very funny to work with it!
Pratyush_gamer
I phone is best in my opinion..............
Babban20
Iphone
GYGY-M
Iphone clap.gif
bd_tongi
Iphone
_Abi_
thnaxx for the information.

and iphn. is the best............... clap.gif
willka
ooh..

thanx for info!!

i thing, iPhone win this duel!
bloodydug
PALM PRE clap.gif
BENnGWEN
Iphone punk.gif
chetancx
confused........................
dUNoWnMe
iPhone
dUNoWnMe
iPhone
sonyd
Iphone is better, I don't Know G1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.