A Chinese man was killed at a computer shop after the mobile phone in his chest pocket exploded, severing a major artery in his neck and leading to massive blood loss.
According to reports, the computer shop employee had likely finished charging a new replacement battery and, after putting the battery in the handset and dropping it into his shirt pocket, his phone exploded. A bang was heard and his colleague then found him lying in a pool of blood on the floor.
Cases like these have typically revolved around faulty batteries. Details about the phone and battery haven't been released. Via ~ Gizmodo
Over to you now: Do you take any precaution about this? Some say the risk can be reduced by NOT using third-party batteries and always use the original charger. What steps do you take? Not carrying your phone in your pocket?