Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exploding Mobile Phone Kills Chinese Man
mobile9 Forum > Mobile Phone > News, Releases & Rumours
ArthurWill
A Chinese man was killed at a computer shop after the mobile phone in his chest pocket exploded, severing a major artery in his neck and leading to massive blood loss.

According to reports, the computer shop employee had likely finished charging a new replacement battery and, after putting the battery in the handset and dropping it into his shirt pocket, his phone exploded. A bang was heard and his colleague then found him lying in a pool of blood on the floor.

Cases like these have typically revolved around faulty batteries. Details about the phone and battery haven't been released. Via ~ Gizmodo

Over to you now: Do you take any precaution about this? Some say the risk can be reduced by NOT using third-party batteries and always use the original charger. What steps do you take? Not carrying your phone in your pocket?
vegeta_sa
Chances are the batery or charger were faulty
castleboyz
Already I have heard phone explosions. They all explode because of the faulty battery. Commonly people using duplicate batteries will have to face serious injuries. However using original batteries are more safer as the manufacturers give more importance to the batteries.

Nokia have faced same problems, But they all were due to the use of duplicate batteries. Anyway Nokia have taken more care for their customer safety by putting a genuine seal on the battery. smile.gif
I don't know whether there are SonyEricsson duplicate batteries available? SE never puts a genuine sticker on their batteries. sad.gif

I think Nokia takes more care than SE in this case. thumbsup.gif
-------------
@AW-Do you know what phone was it? unsure.gif
Gault
Which phone it was? i think this happened due to a fault in the battery,overcharging,use of a different charger,, charging by un-necessary means. these are all the reasons that could lead to such things
ssivic
I always use original parts, so do all ppl I know. And never heard of such thing. unsure.gif
boxieblue
i have read about quite a few such cases....it's really scary. a phone is the last thing a guy expects to explode
castleboyz
QUOTE (Gault @ Feb 5 2009, 05:18 PM) *
Which phone it was? i think this happened due to a fault in the battery, overcharging ,use of a different charger,, charging by un-necessary means. these are all the reasons that could lead to such things


Over Charging -Nah It wont be a problem to explode. I think the phone will automatically stops charging When the battery has been fully charged.

QUOTE (Dusty-Yahoo Answers)
This has been a problem with rechargeable batteries ever since they were invented. The solution has been the advent of the so called "smart chargers". A simple way to try and explain how they work is to think of a LED diode and a current limiting resistor in shunt with the battery charger contacts. When the discharged battery is first put into the charger it has a very low internal resistance and as it charges, it's resistance rises. As it approaches full charge, the current will begin to "balance" across the two circuits. Once the battery reaches full charge and a high resistance, all the charge current flows through the LED circuit, causing it to light and indicate that the battery is charged. Leaving it in the charger will cause the charger to "trickle charge" the battery over time (as battery charge starts to disipate it will draw more current) and pretty well prevent overcharging the battery.


Anyway there are more chance for the battery to fail soon (battery life decreases).

QUOTE (itsnot-Yahoo Answers )
Lithium - Ion is bad to Overcharge and will shorten its life considerably. Also lithium ion will lose 3/4 of its total capacity within 2 1/2 years anyway no matter what.


---------
Original Quoted Posts can be found Here smile.gif
vinnieza
I always used to have my K700 on charge when I was at home. It has the longest battery life out of all the phones i had still to this day when i turn it on it will last for a long time. It even lasts longer than my K850.

However, I'm no expert in battery maintenance. There are so many different theories going around: Charging too much reduces battery life, Not fully depleting charge reduces battery life etc etc. It doesn't help when there are different types of batteries also that also change how can maintain them. If you're that worried about it just read the manual. I myself just hope for the best tongue.gif.

Scary thought of a battery exploding in your pocket though.

I use official batteries and chargers, but this is only because I use the ones that came with the product which are of course official. There was one time when i bought an unofficial charger for my ipod (as ipods do not come with mains chargers). Interestingly, it exploded within 5 minutes of putting my ipod on charge. I took it back and bought an official one. I guess it could happen with any though.
Gault
@ Cb still some phones dont have the function to stop charging when the battery is full. and there are chargers from china in which you can only charge your battery by taking it out of the phone and then placing it inside the charger and charging it by directly putting that charger in the electric switch. that was what i meant by un-necessary means of charging cuz it wont stop over-loading the battery until you take it out.

and most probably a battery leakage can cause this to happen.

a leakage may occur when the battery is exposed to direct sunlight or open flame and other hot things.
ankitdeshpande
I never carry cellphone in my shirt's pocket. always try carry it in my trousers pockets.



Whereas talking about accessories always try to purchase original ones
Gault
dat means if it explodes your bottom will be injured laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif
ankitdeshpande
see i heard some where the radiations or its waves are dangerous for heart. So better keeping our heart safer than bottom part weightlift.gif





but the chances r very very less that a cellphone blasts. it could blast because of faulty manufacturing, carelessness and duplicate accessories
Gault
QUOTE
see i heard some where the radiations or its waves are dangerous for heart. So better keeping our heart safer than bottom part weightlift.gif


you mean vibrations. when the mobile vibrates. the vibrations directly reach the heart. so that is why doctors advice not to keep your phone in you chest pocket. especially heart patients.
_SINNER_
wich killer phone was that.... fryguy.gif : ohmy.gif china phone dry.gif
natarajangoutam
These explotions were commonly because of duplicate accessories. So always buy original accessories and check its genuinous. DOn't prefer duplicate accessories because it is cheap. It can take your life.
So say no to duplicate accessories 1.gif
Buy original accessories 10.gif
neharege_007
horrible isnt it sad.gif
jodhpur_raj
Always use original Mobiles and parts and Battery
Leafjohn
Better to use original battery.
pink_sky
I always use Original battery as it give me two things 1 long battery life and Safe to use.
pink_sky
What is that ohmy.gif Admin and moderators please remove that nude images on forum it's make forum dirty thumbdown.gif
MGRomy
QUOTE (Leafjohn @ Aug 9 2012, 06:23 PM) *
Better to use original battery.

Yep...
kazjin
They all explode because of the faulty battery
uf168
QUOTE (Gault @ Feb 7 2009, 08:56 PM) *
QUOTE
see i heard some where the radiations or its waves are dangerous for heart. So better keeping our heart safer than bottom part weightlift.gif


you mean vibrations. when the mobile vibrates. the vibrations directly reach the heart. so that is why doctors advice not to keep your phone in you chest pocket. especially heart patients.



No,he means radiations(waves of antenna signal) that are can be dangerous for health specially for heart and ears.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.