Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mamaflump's SE themes
mobile9 Forum > ThemeMaking > Showcase: Sony Ericsson Themes
Pages: 1, 2
mamaflump
I have spent quite a few days extensively reading and practising, and applied the methods to my very 1st creation, ok it isnt brilliant but my daughter is very pleased with it! I have to get some design notion in my head, and colour co-ordination lol

I have gone to the K850/i section and clicked upload, and i just go round in circles, please log in to upload to this section. :-| When i go to my CP and go to upload, the K850/i section isnt there :-|

Where do i upload it to? LOL oh and here's the screen shot lol, please be gentle remember its a 1st attempt LOL. It has included scooby doo ringtone and message alert :-)

user posted image
vinnieza
It's good for a first theme smile.gif

Some points that i think would make it better:

Consistency:- The status bar on the desktop although is a new style and it is good to see you trying/learning new things. However, i think it would be better either not there or in a style that is like the rest of the theme (rounded).

Functionality:- The writing a text pane (input 1) is a bit hard to read with scuby in the background. Either blur scuby or don't use him to improve this smile.gif. Also, the softkeys make the text hard to read. What i would do here is raise the box so it falls outside the softkeys this way you can use the softkey you used in the desktop all the way through and the text is readable.

Style the whole theme:- Find a good way to make tab icons as leaving it with the default doesn't suit the theme (consistency again i guess).

Don't be put off by these comments. You don't have to listen to them but I always welcome (honest) feedback as it allows me to improve smile.gif. Also, the fact you got to this stage is good, a lot don't smile.gif.
mamaflump
vinnieza:

Thanks for your reply, and your comments :-)
Until the theme was uploaded to the phone i couldnt tell how the soft keys would look on each screen. But now i have seen it, i see you are right ;-)
I havent been put off by your comments at all :-) I shall keep practising and hopefully get better :-)

On another note, the screen where peeople put their name etc if they choose to do, where does that appear in the theme on the phone itself?

Thanks again for your input :-)
mediar
Good start! smile.gif But I am sure you can do it better. wink.gif
vinnieza
On another note, the screen where peeople put their name etc if they choose to do, where does that appear in the theme on the phone itself?

I don't think it appears anywhere on the phone unfortunately.

I missed your point about uploading. Unfortunatly there is a problem with the gallery. We are working to correct the issue. Sorry for the trouble.
mamaflump
Well i have taken the advice in and hopefully u can see i have taken it into consideration :-) , and done another theme. I am quite proud of this one, yes i know its simple, i aint to the clever stage yet LOL

Uploaded here Download here

user posted image

Aash
pretty good....but what i think you need to do is get the softkeys on all the backgrounds so it shows up everywhere not just on the first...
otherwise definate improvement on the first one well done thumbsup.gif
mamaflump
Thankyou Aash. I have tried to get them to show up on all screen, but failed to actually do it. Havent a clue what i'm doing wrong, yet they are on every screen once downloaded to the phone..

My mind boggles! lol
vinnieza
Very good. Definitely an improvement thumbsup.gif

Not sure if the desktop text can be read on the phone? However, other than that it is good to see the consistency in images and colours. As well as it being readable.

All there is to it now is to keep practising. Try new things (good-tutorials.com) and you'll be on your way to a pro with a portfolio in no time smile.gif.
ssivic
@mamaflump

Good themes! thumbsup.gif Keep them coming!! smile.gif
mamaflump
Thanks for your kind comments :-) I shall certainly be doing more of these as time permits me to do so :-)
Atalantos
QUOTE(mamaflump @ Nov 20 2008, 02:50 AM)
I have tried to get them to show up on all screen, but failed to actually do it. Havent a clue what i'm doing wrong...
[right][snapback]530278[/snapback][/right]

The "Standby Softkey" and the "Standby Statusbar" are only visible at the Standby screen.

The "Softkey Left Pressed" - "Softkey Right Pressed" - "Softkey Middle Pressed" are just an effect while pressing a key on your phone.

Try to attach them with the background in order to be visible in all areas wink.gif

For a start is very good job clapping.gif keep them coming grouphug.gif

Also you can visit here a thread opened by master zjurina, who says some theming tips for v4.6 phones thumbsup.gif
mamaflump
Try to attach them with the background in order to be visible in all areas

TUT! !! DUH me!! so simple, why is it i never think of the simple things in life! lol

Thanks Atalantos :-) I shall have a go at doing this. Got a few ideas in mind, still finding my way round photoshop too. Maybe i shoulda tried to master one thing at once LOL!

Thanks for the direction to the thread, have saved it for reference.

Thanks again guys :-)
mamaflump
This is my latest one. I have had a go at animation ;-) well the 1st page only lol

Getting there slowly. Now i need to learn how to get a .gif of the animation of the screen and the keypress. Would that be done in layers in photoshop?

Uploading to site as you read :-) lol

user posted image
zjurina
hii, mamaflump byebye.gif

allways happy to see some new themers coming !

The REAL ONES, as I see you incoming thumbsup.gif

Not these who pick themes from other sites as Esato, Z.ed.ge, and many others,
and show it as their work!

you re doing well - make it progressive, and little by little, and one thing by one.

- just some small advises...

* dont make highlights with any ornametary which are obstruing the readability
as it is here - even it is very nice and even you like it ...
- people will have to read the text, names, times... WITH EASE.

* the KEY PRESS:
do not bother here with any kind of animation, gifs...
- the Softkey Pressed Effect is as its name says just an effect

your Standby picture have to have an Softkeys part on the standby and the
Desktop, and NAvigation pictures already,
so do not have to input it in the thememaker separatelly.

then you input the "Softkeys Pressed Left" picture... etc

So when the key is pressed on the phone, its software Shows that appropriate
picture of the pressed key.

The effect of course is functionning by the way that the pressed key picture
HAS TO BE DIFFERENT than the one on the Softkey part on the Stanby.

Look the exemple ovrhere...

user posted image

on that standby the Status and Softkeys are already here.

the softkeys are all shown in the SAME LEVEL.

Then in the Thememaker you input the three pictures for EACH
Pressed effect for each key - LEFT, RIGHT AND MIDDLE pressed key.

user posted image _._ user posted image _._ user posted image

now, here you can see than for the each pressed effect for the appropriate key
on these small pictures /(240 * 30) by the way/ the LEVEL IS LOWER.

So when the button is pressed you have the impression that it is pressed down.

It is just one of the possibilities... there are a lot of them more,
enlightening, flipping them... etc...

So KEEP IT ON and good Luck ! thumbsup.gif

ahh... EDIT:

of course, on the phone it looks like this
-as the same as the many ones which the themers are presenting:

user posted image

but it is only the preview ofthe : Softkeys pressed Effect
mamaflump
Thankyou zjurina :-)

I see what you mean about the softkey pressing effect. And glad it isnd hugely important to include the screenshot of it.

I could never copy anyones work and carry it off as my own, and i cannot understand the people that do.

I have taken notes about the readability area, and totally understand what you mean :-)

I shall keep experimenting with different things, until i become confident in that area then do another theme. Will be a long time before i am up to the standard of everyone else. But its not important, i'm enjoying myself :-)
vinnieza
Very good well done smile.gif. Only criticism i have is what is already pointed out with the readability on the highlight. Apart from that, the components suit the theme, the colours are consistent and it is looking good; so very good work smile.gif
mamaflump
This one i did for myself, as James Dean is still very much an icon to me. But thought i would share it :-)

user posted image
mamaflump
Latest addition to the family. :-)

user posted image
mamaflump
Next one :-)

I'm quite enjoying this lol

user posted image
Atalantos
QUOTE(mamaflump @ Dec 18 2008, 03:55 PM)
I'm quite enjoying this lol
[right][snapback]535090[/snapback][/right]

haha.gif Thats the idea isn't it... wink.gif

try to focus on readability... when you are using bright background you must choose darker text and the opposite!!!
for ex. at your latest theme you have dark text with bright background on title, title small and tab which is good,
but on your highlights and popup title you have brighten the text and if you compare them you will see what I mean thumbsup.gif

also try not to resize your previews and letting them as they are 240x320 wink.gif

imo it's better this way... and the readability issues are not that bad as I see it now laugh.gif

user posted image
mamaflump
Atalantos, Thankyou :-)

I didnt realise my previews were being automatically resized :-| lol

Unless its the screen shot programme i used, or photobucket?

Definately see what you mean about the readability issue, especially with the smaller preview. Think i spend longer trying to get the colour of the text right than i do the images LOL

But like these British trains, i'll get there eventually! lol
ssivic
Nice themes! thumbsup.gif You got a chance to get BIG! laugh.gif

I can't give you any good advice about theme making, but that is why we have guys like atalantos, who are expert on this matter thumbsup.gif
Atalantos
QUOTE(mamaflump @ Dec 18 2008, 08:00 PM)
Atalantos, Thankyou :-)

I didnt realise my previews were being automatically resized :-| lol

Unless its the screen shot programme i used, or photobucket?
[right][snapback]535123[/snapback][/right]

You're welcome mamaflump grouphug.gif

probably is photobucket, I had the same problem too dry.gif
go and change the "Reduce to" to 1 megabyte file size as my preview wink.gif
this will not resize the images unless they are not bigger than 1 megabyte. (the default if I remember is 800x600)

user posted image

QUOTE(ssivic @ Dec 18 2008, 09:32 PM)
I can't give you any good advice about theme making, but that is why we have guys like atalantos, who are expert on this matter thumbsup.gif
[right][snapback]535132[/snapback][/right]

Thanx bro user posted image notworthy.gif
ArthurWill
Hello mamaflump, I have changed the title of this thread to mamaflump's SE themes now that you have posted several themes. Please let me know if you like some other name. smile.gif
mamaflump
Thanks ArthurWill :-)
mamaflump
Since i couldnt do this theme for my daughters nokia, thought i would do it for SE

user posted image
Atalantos
Very Good work with the highlights 10.gif
I like this neon/glassy feeling thumbs_up.gif

the readability tho at the navigation background isn't that good, at least at the right of the screen dry.gif
Here's what I do... I'm adding a black layer between background and softkeys-status and I'm setting the opacity around 50% (it depends, for ex. at your background I added 40%) wink.gif

and here's how it looks...

user posted image

the text now is much easier to read thumbsup.gif

Keep them coming clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif grouphug.gif
mamaflump
OOhHHH nice hint there Atalantos Thanks!

I have been playing around trying to get the glassy effect for a few days, not quite the way i wanted it but it works well!.

I'll update the theme tomorro :-)

Thanks again
mamaflump
Ok i have done as you suggested Atalantos, and it sure does look alot better! :-)

Never thought of doing that! lol

user posted image
vinnieza
It looks really good. Well done smile.gif
Atalantos
It looks much better, isn't it wink.gif

Well done clapping.gif clapping.gif
Gault
Nice Themes. mamaflump
mamaflump
Thankyou all for your great feedback!

Here's the next one :-)

user posted image
vinnieza
It looks a lot better than your first one. You have come a long way already thumbsup.gif
Atalantos
Indeed clapping.gif clapping.gif
mamaflump
Thankyou for your kind feedback!
mamaflump
And the family grows ;-)

user posted image
jasnasto
I can only add that you have a good sense for the colours and functionality, and that you're improving with every theme of yours... so, the last theme looks the best IMHO... one suggestion tho, try to experiment more with the bars, start with some transparency for example, borders a.s.o... byebye.gif
mamaflump
Thanks Jasnasto :-)

I shall certainly play around with different idea's and styles, i'm tending to play it safe rather than getting out there and experimenting more...

But one can only try these things out ;-)

Thanks again
solankiankit16
QUOTE(mamaflump @ Dec 13 2008, 08:57 AM)
This is my latest one. I have had a go at animation ;-) well the 1st page only lol

Getting there slowly. Now i need to learn how to get a .gif of the animation of the screen and the keypress.  Would that be done in layers in photoshop?

Uploading to site as you read :-) lol

user posted image
[right][snapback]534088[/snapback][/right]

This is a very good theme . I have tried a lot but couldn't come up with theme which could be even compared with your first one . notworthy.gif
mamaflump
QUOTE (solankiankit16 @ Jan 5 2009, 06:34 AM) *
This is a very good theme . I have tried a lot but couldn't come up with theme which could be even compared with your first one . notworthy.gif

Thankyou Solankiankit16 :-)

I managed to do one with some transparency, couldnt believe how easy it is to do one, bearing in mind this is the 1st one using transparency, things can only get better from here :-)

Download Here
vinnieza
Transparency is good. I use it all the time smile.gif
Atalantos
Very good mama thumbsup.gif
Only thing... those blue-light blue colors that you used for the scrollbars and popup input (input1)
imo, a closer color into purple, it would looked more balanced with the overall theme coloring wink.gif

Keep up the good work clapping.gif clapping.gif
mamaflump
QUOTE (Atalantos @ Jan 8 2009, 04:27 AM) *
Very good mama thumbsup.gif
Only thing... those blue-light blue colors that you used for the scrollbars and popup input (input1)
imo, a closer color into purple, it would looked more balanced with the overall theme coloring wink.gif

Keep up the good work clapping.gif clapping.gif

I sometimes have a problem seperating purples and blues. I'm not colour blind, just sometimes they seem to "match" lol

Looking at it again now you mention it i can see the difference lol
I'll do another one and adjust the scrollbars :-)

Thanks again :-)

jasnasto
things can only get better from here

That's true... as you're getting better and better with every theme of yours... clap.gif

Agree with Atalantos about the sliders and slider's backgrounds... just try to match them a bit more with the overall colour scheme... byebye.gif
mamaflump
Redone the sliders :-)

can be downloaded Here

mamaflump
Well i decided i would use my old wallpapers that i uploaded when 1st joined for theme's :-)

Here's one of em!

Download here

mamaflump
How bright you ask? lol.. How about this bright! rofl

Atalantos
Good work mamaflump clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif
The Heart theme looks amazing 10.gif and that kitten looks so funny laugh.gif laugh.gif
well done thumbsup.gif

as for the sliders on Unicorn... now they are too purple sleep.gif
me --> chair.gif <-- you laugh.gif

here's what I do...

I'm using CS but it's similar procedure to all editors wink.gif

Click at the "foreground color" ( 1 ) and it will popup the "Color Picker"
now wherever you place your mouse it will pick the color tone under it

place your mouse at your working space and select the color of your desire ( 2 )
and copy the code at the Color Picker ( 3 )

paste the code at the sliders and correct the tone, brighter or darker... whatever you like,
just to make it visible or not... and thats it, now you will have a similar color wink.gif

byebye.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.