Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Charging For Recieving Txts
mobile9 Forum > Mobile Phone > Service Providers
vinnieza
Two big service providers in Canada have started charging customers to receive txts. This has angered a lot of customers, those on payg have left and those on contract are filling lawsuits against the companies.

I'm with the customers here, if I was charged to receive texts I certainly would go else where. Not just because the company can gain profits for spamming you, but that's not how the phone system works. If you phone someone the person that wants to get in contact pays not the person who is answering the call. At least with phoning you can reject the call. You can't with a text message.

Read More
bumphrey
Totally agree with you. O2 are also bad at this behind the back charging. Its about time something was done about it. The phone companies make huge profits as it is without robbing customers. I only found out about the call charges abroad when my sister rang whilst I was on holiday. Only afterwards did I realise it was me who had paid for the call.
Legislation should be brought in to stop this immediately.

At least Dic'k Turpin had the decency to wear a mask when he robbed people.
And M9, why can't we use the shortened version of the name RICHARD
adonisdemon
There are similar stories like this in the US with T-Mobile one guy took the to court over it too.

@bumphrey dic.k is in the nipped list
vegeta_sa
charging to recieve TXT's is blatant robery busted_cop.gif
bumphrey
QUOTE(adonisdemon @ Aug 4 2008, 11:05 AM)
There are similar stories like this in the US with T-Mobile one guy took the to court over it too.

@bumphrey dic.k is in the nipped list
[right][snapback]510370[/snapback][/right]

Thanks Adonisdemon will have to remember how to use my punctuation in future.
Don't have the cash to take them to court but someone surely will, if as I suspect, they carry on taking peoples money like this.
tauqeerzahir
Hey i think ur mobile services in ur country is a masterpiece.
arbri135
thank you so much adonis
eliasjan
QUOTE (vinnieza @ Aug 4 2008, 01:11 PM) *
Two big service providers in Canada have started charging customers to receive txts. This has angered a lot of customers, those on payg have left and those on contract are filling lawsuits against the companies.

I'm with the customers here, if I was charged to receive texts I certainly would go else where. Not just because the company can gain profits for spamming you, but that's not how the phone system works. If you phone someone the person that wants to get in contact pays not the person who is answering the call. At least with phoning you can reject the call. You can't with a text message.

Read More

Its New Type Of Robbery surrender.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.