Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uefa Euro 2008
mobile9 Forum > Beyond Mobile > Sports
Pages: 1, 2
pajo_cutura
The 2008 UEFA European Football Championship, commonly referred to as Euro 2008, will take place in Austria and Switzerland, from 7 June to 29 June 2008. It is the second successful joint bid in the competition's history, following the UEFA Euro 2000 hosted by Belgium and the Netherlands. The 2012 competition in Poland and Ukraine is scheduled to become the third jointly-hosted tournament.

A total of 16 teams will participate in the tournament. Austria and Switzerland will automatically qualify as hosts; The remaining 14 teams have been determined through qualifying matches which started in August 2006. Austria and Poland will be making their first appearance in the tournament. The winner of Euro 2008 will represent the UEFA at the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup.

Netherlands footballing legend Marco Van Basten has announced his 30 Man Euro 2008 Netherlands squad that will go to the Euro Cup which kicks-off next month. Holland will play their first Euro 2008 fixture against Italy, in a match where Euro 2008 tickets will be completely sold out. We will have the Italy V Holland Euro 2008 live score and result as soon as the Euro Cup starts on the 7th of June.

Van Basten has named an extremely strong Holland side with many big names in his 30 man starting lineup squad…

Goalkeepers:
Sander Boschker
Edwin van der Sar
Maarten Stekelenburg
Henk Timmer

Defence:
Wilfred Bouma
Tim de Cler
Urby Emanuelson
John Heitinga
Kew Jaliens
Joris Mathijsen
Mario Melchiot
Andre Ooijer
Midfield:
Ibrahim Afellay
Giovanni van Bronckhorst
Orlando Engelaar
Nigel de Jong
Denny Landzaat
Hedwiges Maduro
Clarence Seedorf
Wesley Sneijder
Rafael van der Vaart
Demy de Zeeuw

Forwards:
Ryan Babel
Klaas Jan Huntelaar
Danny Koevermans
Dirk Kuyt
Ruud van Nistelrooy
Robin van Persie
Arjen Robben
Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink
pajo_cutura
http://vinovo.magnify.net/watch/playlist/632XVFD2M9T3J55Z
Croatian Hooligans National Team is also ready for EURO 2008 clap.gif
pantoflica
haha.gif Great funny video! I almost fell of the chair watching it laugh.gif thumbsup.gif
ssivic
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

HRVATSKA!!!!!
melmex59
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
chrisa21
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

HELLAS!!!!!
pajo_cutura
QUOTE(ssivic @ May 26 2008, 01:06 AM)
For all Croats!!! clap.gif  10.gif

For all Croats part III

CROATIAN FOOTBALL SONGS - EURO 2008

Josip Joe Simunic (Croatian NT player) - Svaki
Slaven Bilic (Croatian NT coach) -Vatreno Ludilo
Nered feat Dinamo Zagreb players (songs - Vatreni pogled & Igraj samo)
Miroslav Ciro Blazevic (ex- Croatian NT coach) - Ako zabijemo gol
Connect, Genadesus, Srce Vatreno, Mentalno Ludilo, Ja te volim Hrvatska

weightlift.gif
pajo_cutura
Expect surprises at Euro 2008

NEW YORK (AP) -- The World Cup is where favorites go to win titles. At the European Championship, which begins next weekend, anything goes.

Such as Greece stunning the 16-team field to take the crown four years ago. Or Denmark getting into the tournament only because another nation was thrown out, then winning it all in 1992.

The Soviet Union and Spain won their only major titles at Euros. So did the Czechs when, as Czechoslovakia in 1976, they stunned West Germany on penalty kicks, the only final decided by a shootout.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/socc...e.ap/index.html
ssivic
Croatia wins Austria....!!!! ALEEEEE ALE ALE ALEEEEEE

HRVATSKA!!!
technokid1974
congrats bro on there win clap.gif user posted image

is Macedonia in the euro this year as well laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif
vinnieza
So much Croatia support. Come on Italia, won the world cup having the euro at the same time will be very nice.

Saying that i haven't seen italy's side this year.
pantoflica
user posted image

I guess this pic says all haha.gif wink.gif

ssivic
@Tehno

Nope. smile.gif

user posted image

Spot on: Croatia's Luka Modric celebrates after scoring the winning goal from the penalty spot to secure a 1-0 victory over co-hosts Austria in Vienna

user posted image

A fourth-minute penalty from new Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Luka Modric was enough to give Croatia their first victory at Euro 2008 and ensure that the co-hosts of the tournament got off to the worst possible start.

Following Switzerland's narrow defeat at the hands of the Czech Republic yesterday, it was Austria's turn to be beaten on their own turf, as a clumsy foul from defender Rene Aufhauser on Croatian striker Ivica Olic presented the visitors with an early opportunity to open the scoring, and the impressive Modric didn't waste it.

Austria battled gallantly to find a way back and lift their supporters, but a lack of cutting edge in the final third meant that England's conquerors in the qualifying stages were never really in danger of relinquishing their lead.
ssivic
@pajo_cutura

thanks for giving link to songs.

@Vimce

Seems that Italy doesn't have luck this year, they lost 3:0
vinnieza
Nah italy played well but Holland were on form. The first of Holland's goals were offside. The other 2 were very good goals but came from counter attacks (italy's shots were saved off Holland's line and then holland took advantage of Italy looking for a goal).

Luckily Van Nistelrooy is honest as he could have easily dived and got a penalty though.

It's fine just means they have to beat France and Romania, watching France and Romania play that shouldn't be a problem if they continue like that. Italy didn't play bad imo, and were looking better at the start of the second half, just couldn't score and Italy did not deserve to be beaten by 3 clear goals (ok yes they deserved not to win but not to be thrashed).

Whether their luck runs out, only their next game will say. thumbsup.gif

However i think Portugal are going to win it this year.
the_king_is_red
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
vinnieza
The current holders smile.gif.

I'm quite interested to see how good Spain are this year.
ssivic
me to. And I totally agree that Portugal can easily win Euro 2008...
vinnieza
Very good looking at the highlights smile.gif
pantoflica
user posted image

CROATIA - GERMANY - 2:1 clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

POLLAND - AUSTRIA 1:1

Croatia is in quarterfinal!!! Yeeee!! clap.gif clap.gif
chrisa21
wow.gifwow.gif

Congrats to croatia wow.gif

im so happy for you clap.gifclap.gif
ssivic
Sorry I was drunk... dry.gif so I didn't come before...

Anyway...ALE ALEEEEE ALE ALEEEEEE CROATIA GO GO GO!!!! clap.gif
christina86
Congratulations!!!

Hope Greece will win tomorrow too... weightlift.gif
technokid1974
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
pantoflica
clap.gif Good Luck Greece!! clap.gif
vinnieza
Ok i am now predicting a Holland vs Portugal final tongue.gif

Portugal vs Germany quarter final ohmy.gif

If Italy don't win today they don't deserve to be in the quarters!
pantoflica
whip.gif at ur prediction! What about Croatia????? user posted image
vinnieza
Croatia are good, they played very well in the game yesterday. However, Portugal and Holland have impressed me even more and i would say Portugal will knock them out in the semis. Football is football though anything can happen, just my opinion to smile.gif. Hey i support Italy but if they make it through the groups i can't see them beating Holland (if they can even pass spain) unless they pick things up a bit. Holland were class though, wonder if it is going to be consistent.

I see a lot of controversy over the penalty awarded yesterday. The way i see it is the ref warned them about the pushing before yet they still continued! Although inconsistent with all other pushing and shoving it is still not allowed and they were warned. From the replay the shirt was pulled. Whether it has ruined Poland's chances of going up, well it is a lot harder now yes and whether they would have beat Germany for second place is debatable.

Edit: Italy are going to be lucky to get through now!

The amount of bad decisions by refs in this euro- getting at offsides. So many offsides called which were on side and the amount of onside calls that were offsides! A random decision maker could be just as good? I know it's hard to call but at this level in the premiership and other tournaments it is not this bad.
christina86
Greece lost to Russia! thumbdown.gif crybaby.gif

Now I support Croatia and Spain!
clap.gif
ssivic
@christina86

Thanks! smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image
melmex59

wow.gif nice photo sven thumbsup.gif

TURKEY 3 - 2 CZECH REPUBLIC wow.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

QUARTERFINAL

CROATIA : TURKEY cheers.gif
ssivic
Congrats Turkey. But I think Croatia is playing again Czech republic. On 19. 07.
technokid1974
QUOTE(ssivic @ Jun 16 2008, 08:19 AM)
Congrats Turkey. But I think Croatia is playing again Czech republic. On 19. 07.
[right][snapback]500940[/snapback][/right]

Czech republic are out of euro bro they come 3rd.

PortugalPortugal 3 2 6
TurkeyTurkey 3 0 6
Czech RepublicCzech Republic 3 -2 3
SwitzerlandSwitzerland 3 0 3

nice pictures bro wub.gif thumbsup.gif

congrats melih bro on you team going 2 QUARTERFINAL clap.gif thumbsup.gif
melmex59
QUOTE(technokid1974 @ Jun 16 2008, 02:25 AM)

congrats melih bro on you team going 2  QUARTERFINAL  clap.gif  thumbsup.gif
[right][snapback]500951[/snapback][/right]

thanks bro Goran wub.gif and bro Sven wub.gif clap.gif clap.gif
pantoflica
haha.gif I was watching that game against Czech first thing what happened to my mind :
Our melmex is going to be thrilled! thumbsup.gif Congrtas bro! Totally deserved win! 10.gif clap.gif

Pity that next game result wont be happy for both of us tongue.gif Anyway.. let the better team wins then! thumbsup.gif
melmex59

thanks my sis wub.gif clap.gif

wallbash.gif hard rival Croatia for our Turkey sad.gif

my euro2008 final fav's Holland and Croatia thumbsup.gif
pantoflica
Well that would be great.. coz Netherlands is, after Croatia, my favorite team! wow.gif
Anyway... will be hard to get there for Croatia.
The fun is important, so let us all have amazing time watching great games.. and let the ones who deserve win - win and celebrate! clap.gif thumbsup.gif
kreso0123
Yea,but if Eduardo was here,things would be much easier........ crybaby.gif crybaby.gif
pantoflica
Hey, dont crybaby.gif Kreso.. at least if we lose - we will have excuse coz we didnt win tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif wink.gif
ssivic
We shall see. Anyway I will get hammered drunk tongue.gif
pantoflica
Well if Croatian are good in anything - they r specially good in finding excuses for all they do haha.gif
So Sven... if Croatia wins - you'll drink coz we won, and if we lose - will be good excuse to get drunk too laugh.gif laugh.gif
technokid1974
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif thumbsup.gif sven the king beer drinker cheers.gif
ssivic
can't help it...
pantoflica
CROATIA - POLAND 1:0

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
ssivic
Ale Aleeeee Ale Aleeee Go Croatia!!!! clap.gif
melmex59
QUOTE(pantoflica @ Jun 17 2008, 12:33 AM)
CROATIA - POLAND 1:0

clap.gif  clap.gif  clap.gif
[right][snapback]501161[/snapback][/right]

wow.gif CONGRATS TO CROATIA thumbsup.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

ssivic
2 days and counting...devil2.gif
Lionet
QUOTE(christina86 @ Jun 15 2008, 06:22 PM)
Greece lost to Russia! thumbdown.gif  crybaby.gif

Now I support Croatia and Spain!
  clap.gif
[right][snapback]500807[/snapback][/right]

Yeah! We are on the 2nd place in our group... thumbsup.gif next game will be with Holland...
ssivic
Good luck with that! Hopw to see Cro and Russia in finals...smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.