Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nokia Theme Creator
mobile9 Forum > ThemeMaking > Chat, Tutorials & Resources > Tutorials
Pages: 1, 2, 3
adonisdemon
Carbide.ui 3.2 Theme Edition

Carbide.ui 3.2 Theme Edition allows for the creation of themes for S60 and Series 40 devices. Carbide.ui provides access to the more than 1,000 customizable theme elements in the S60 UI, which make the S60 UI the most customizable UI available. Carbide.ui is designed for professionals and hobbyists alike.
    New features

• Support for S60 and Series 40 UIs.
  • Audio themes for select Nokia phones.
  • Folder importing.
  • Referenced colors.
  • Improved overall performance.
  • Support for device-specific plug-ins.

Supported platform versions

• S60 2nd Edition, including all feature pack versions.
  • S60 3rd Edition, up to Feature Pack 2.
  • Series 40 3rd Edition, including all feature pack versions
  • Series 40 5th Edition
Download

Data Sheet

Compatible with Windows XP (and Vista from independent reports)

A couple of screenshots below;

Welcome Screen:
user posted image

Create a New Theme:
user posted image

S40 Theme Creation:
user posted image

S60 Theme Creation:
user posted image

Tutorials:
user posted image
NVDVS1
QUOTE(adonisdemon @ Dec 5 2007, 09:50 PM)
Carbide.ui 3.2 Theme Edition

Carbide.ui 3.2 Theme Edition allows for the creation of themes for S60 and Series 40 devices. Carbide.ui provides access to the more than 1,000 customizable theme elements in the S60 UI, which make the S60 UI the most customizable UI available. Carbide.ui is designed for professionals and hobbyists alike.
    New features

• Support for S60 and Series 40 UIs.

• Audio themes for select Nokia phones.

• Folder importing.

• Referenced colors.

• Improved overall performance.

• Support for device-specific plug-ins.

Supported platform versions

• S60 2nd Edition, including all feature pack versions.

• S60 3rd Edition, up to Feature Pack 2.

• Series 40 3rd Edition, including all feature pack versions

• Series 40 5th Edition
Download

Data Sheet

Only compatible with Windows XP.
[right][snapback]449300[/snapback][/right]

Hi adonis', this works with Vista as well. I am running home premium with no hiccups - yet.
adonisdemon
Good to know, doesn't state that on the official Nokia site!!??? blink.gif
NVDVS1
QUOTE(adonisdemon @ Dec 7 2007, 12:10 AM)
[right][snapback]450073[/snapback][/right]

You're right, no mention of it. I only found out snooping around looking at reviews and the new version was talked about on vista.
mikaldon
Okay, I'm totally new to this whole thing. I created a theme for the Nokia 6085 and can't figure out how to upload it for other folks. Also, can someone tell me what series the 6085 is? If this wasn't text based, you could see my sheepish expression.
adonisdemon
Nokia 6085 is an s40 3rd edition device. If you have created a new theme, you need package the theme and you should get a nth file saved in your workspace.

You workspace should be located in :C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.ui Theme Edition 3.2 --> and then navigate to your theme folder and you should find your theme.
srk_ankit
i use carbide theme studiioe sumtimes , i created some gr8 themes using it smile.gif tutorial is really short n nice !!
devs_2122
hi
readm abt carbide.ui theme editor
seems to be nice one
where i can i download it
i wasnt able to find the dwnload link in the site
am using 6681 handset
tried the nokia theme creator in m9
but getting problem with idle background(wall paper is appearing paritally , its takin the default nokia wall paper)
can u help me with the downlaod ????????????

cheers
dev..
srk_ankit
QUOTE(devs_2122 @ Dec 14 2007, 08:55 AM)
hi
seems to be nice one
am using 6681 handset
but getting problem with idle background(wall paper is appearing paritally , its takin the default nokia wall paper)

cheers
dev..
[right][snapback]453298[/snapback][/right]

download carbide UI from below ..

http://handheld.softpedia.com/progDownload...load-34877.html
rubg

thanks, I have "S40 Theme Studio 2.2" that also work with "s40 3rd edition device",
what is the difference with the program you gave ?, is it better ?
adonisdemon

It can create themes for both S60 and S40 models in one application.
rubg

thanks, I will try it anyway, hope it is better
srk_ankit
@rub ..... try it , jus go thru tuts , then u wud get da hang of it smile.gif
mohib-rameen
[B]how wonderfull site for themes....... grouphug.gif
lovely....
mohib-rameen
[B]i will give my points to this site 10.gif
really it is very beautifull site.....
rubg

Trying to install but got a fatal error when it install reach something about about Chinese and the install fail.

Trying to download again hope it will work

srk_ankit
QUOTE(rub69 @ Jan 4 2008, 12:10 AM)
Trying to install but got a fatal error when it install reach something about about Chinese and the install fail.

Trying to download again hope it will work
[right][snapback]460085[/snapback][/right]

it shudnt be that way , rub, i hope it wurks this time, if u get ne error do let us kno !! tongue.gif
rubg

Download new file and install it and it is works,
now I can check it
srk_ankit
QUOTE(rub69 @ Jan 5 2008, 01:14 AM)
Download new file and install it and it is works,
now I can check it
[right][snapback]460487[/snapback][/right]

ohkie nice , if u need ne help then jus post it here on the forum or my homesite, i wud try my best to help u !!
rubg

thanks srk_ankit, it is complicated I need some time to figure what going on at that program.
If some has a guide it will very nice
srk_ankit
QUOTE(rub69 @ Jan 5 2008, 06:54 PM)
thanks srk_ankit, it is complicated I need some time to figure what going on at that program.
If some has a guide it will very nice
[right][snapback]460770[/snapback][/right]

hey rub , go thru the tuts , try creating a theme on ur own first , i wud try to find a tutorial of carbide UI for u !!
mohammed fayed
thanks for the topic...

i hope that it will work on vista as the 3.1 version of the program didn't work...

it's a great program 10.gif

and thanks for you again.
gillajay
is it free?
or shareware?
or paid?
thanx in advance..
gill
adonisdemon
Nokia Theme Creator UI is freeware.
GaryOldman
ive got a limit of downloading
could u upload a winrar file please?

repagel
Does this create nth files or sis files. And if it doesn't create nth files, how do you make themes for phones which does not support sis files such as Nokia 6280?
adonisdemon
The latest version supports both S40 and S60 devices. You can choose which platform you want to create theme for.
cutiqoqo
Is there a software like this for N95?
adonisdemon
It is designed for N95.
shereen_ebeidy
QUOTE(rubg @ Dec 20 2007, 09:50 AM)
thanks, I have "S40 Theme Studio 2.2" that also work with "s40 3rd edition device",
[right][snapback]456397[/snapback][/right]

Hi RUBG,
Could U please send to my email (removed) the serial for the program before my 14 days trial period ends?????????

thanks in advance
shereen
shoutout
pls stop double posting shereen_ebeidy and as I said in your last post you get the serial for free from nokia no one can give you one as it wont work and again read forum rules no emails pls
shereen_ebeidy
QUOTE(shoutout @ Feb 17 2008, 07:56 PM)
pls stop double posting shereen_ebeidy and as I said in your last post you get the serial for free from nokia no one can give you one as it wont work and again read forum rules no emails pls
[right][snapback]475394[/snapback][/right]

thanks a lot i have appologized before in my last post for my misunderstanding

please dont talk to me like tha ever again
ryingo
but the carbide.ui is only a trial...so we must buy the software if we want to make more themes... are there other full softwares that allow us to make Nokia s60 themes?
grouphug.gif
NVDVS1
QUOTE(ryingo @ Mar 1 2008, 08:14 PM)
but the carbide.ui is only a trial...so we must buy the software if we want to make more themes... are there other full softwares that allow us to make Nokia s60 themes? 
grouphug.gif
[right][snapback]478365[/snapback][/right]

Carbide.ui is not a trial. It is a full version, just download, register and use. It's yours for life. Completely free.
Chaotin1107
Hey!
I use Carbide.ui Theme Edition 3.2 for my Nokia7390, but I've got a problem. I don't know how to save the themes as .nth files. There're only .xml files. SO please, help me!
NVDVS1
QUOTE(Chaotin1107 @ Mar 11 2008, 05:32 AM)
Hey!
I use Carbide.ui Theme Edition 3.2 for my Nokia7390, but I've got a problem. I don't know how to save the themes as .nth files. There're only .xml files. SO please, help me!
[right][snapback]480550[/snapback][/right]

Hi there, when you have created the theme. In the tool bar at the top, you will see the create package icon. it looks like 4 small brown cubes, click this and follow prompts.
ph1ll
hi all,
looking to create themes for n95 (.sis) but have no clue on a reliable program, can anybody help?
thanks
padavan
carbide.ui is prefect for n95 ...just select thr 240x320 screen resolution in theme interface.....
i use n95 8gb...and i use carbide to make my themes...
rejche
thanks for this site...maybe my questions can be answered...i need help.....i got a new phone....Nokia n73....and i want to make my own theme.....

I'm used to doing my own themes....for my past phones....nokia n70 and the others.....I've been using Nokia Theme Studio for a long time already....and i had no problem really......

and now I was able to download the 3.2 version.....for the n73 series i believe........but how come when I send the sis file in my phone...n73....it says "it does not support it"...but when I download and save a sis file from this site....the phone accepted it......

please help me......thanks so much in advance!!!
rejche
QUOTE(NVDVS1 @ Mar 1 2008, 03:16 AM)
QUOTE(ryingo @ Mar 1 2008, 08:14 PM)
grouphug.gif
[right][snapback]478365[/snapback][/right]

Carbide.ui is not a trial. It is a full version, just download, register and use. It's yours for life. Completely free.
[right][snapback]478369[/snapback][/right]

clap.gif thanks for this info...i also thought it's a 14 day trial version....and we have to buy the full one...now i know that all we need to do is register....thanks!!!

I can use this for themes of Nokia N73 right? the .sis that i was able to create in Theme Studio is not being recognized by my n73.....
adonisdemon
I can use this for themes of Nokia N73 right? the .sis that i was able to create in Theme Studio is not being recognized by my n73.....

Make sure you are creating themes for the right model.
ZahkClayBR
ser can you tell me how to save my work?..i dont know how to save it or how can i save it in .nth format. thanks..
Polkagrizen
Hi all!
I have a problem with the program, so I cant make any themes:(

When I open the program I get this error: Error opening the editor.
com/nokia/tools/ui/tooltip/CompositeTooltip

And when I try to create a new theme, I get the same error...

Can anyone help me? I downloaded the newest version and I have Vista on my laptop.

Thx for your attention:)

Best regards
Mia byebye.gif
hormonat
thx 4 such a great application adonis, gr8 work
INTERESTEDinOTHERS
QUOTE(adonisdemon @ Dec 6 2007, 06:40 AM)
[right][snapback]450073[/snapback][/right]

clap.gif i love that site :] 10.gif
Amanda_2345
QUOTE(srk_ankit @ Dec 14 2007, 01:09 AM)
QUOTE(devs_2122 @ Dec 14 2007, 08:55 AM)
hi
seems to be nice one
am using 6681 handset

cheers
dev..
[right][snapback]453298[/snapback][/right]

download carbide UI from below ..

http://handheld.softpedia.com/progDownload...load-34877.html
[right][snapback]453407[/snapback][/right]

Miselle
Oh! I am pretty excited for this. I've been searching for this thread for about 20 mins.

Can't wait to get cracking.
drtyhnds
thanks for the link
Crudeoyle
Hey guys i am using this and i have made a new theme, i wanted to try it on my phone before putting it up here and its saying i need a certificate to use it, how do i get one?
NVDVS1
QUOTE(Crudeoyle @ Sep 23 2008, 02:18 AM)
Hey guys i am using this and i have made a new theme, i wanted to try it on my phone before putting it up here and its saying i need a certificate to use it, how do i get one?
[right][snapback]519375[/snapback][/right]

Been a while since I done this but, by memory once you click create it should ask you to create a set of "key pairs". this is your certificate. You use these key pairs to sign each theme you create. Good luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.