Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Azure's Se W660 Themes
mobile9 Forum > ThemeMaking > Showcase: Sony Ericsson Themes
AzureSephiroth
Floral Sea

user posted image

My first PROPER theme. I sticked to simple rectangular and curved shapes for most of the theme. Still have a lot o learn smile.gif

Love to hear your comments and suggestions.

Download Link:
Download
unamariposa
// azure //

great start! thumbsup.gif highlights looks a little too plain, but then again, who am i to say? hee. i'm not that good either! happy.gif functionality is good. maybe some softkeys? hee. tongue.gif

overall, love the theme!
shoutout
nice work AzureSephiroth would agree with what unamariposa is saying keep them coming
AzureSephiroth
@shoutout, thanks mate. Which phone gallery should I upload this theme to? W900?

@unamariposa, humble as always. Thanks. notworthy.gif
AzureSephiroth
Kingdom Hearts ~ Purple Haze

user posted image

This theme was butchered up when I accidentally closed Photoshop. I tried sticking to a single style throughout the theme, but if you notice, the standby differs from the others because it was the original layout I was working on. Again, this is a very simple theme.
Download Link: Download
Ng_LC
QUOTE(AzureSephiroth @ Oct 30 2007, 08:00 AM)
Kingdom Hearts ~ Purple Haze

user posted image

This theme was butchered up when I accidentally closed Photoshop. I tried sticking to a single style throughout the theme, but if you notice, the standby differs from the others because it was the original layout I was working on. Again, this is a very simple theme. smile.gif

[right][snapback]429545[/snapback][/right]

Azure,can u pls make a blue version of this kingdom hearts for W810i?

Edit:Btw,cool themes u got there! 10.gif

Edit Again:Why don't u upload in M9?
unamariposa
azure, great work on the softkeys for your second theme! too bad you accidentally closed photoshop but it's good nonetheless!
AzureSephiroth
@Ng_LC, of course. I'm amazed your interested in it tongue.gif I still have no clue where to upload the themes since there isn't a W660 gallery here.

@unamariposa, thanks. If you don't mind me asking, where can I find a good place to download patterns and the sort. I'm lacking any good ones. notworthy.gif

edit: lovely sig by the way 10.gif
unamariposa
QUOTE(AzureSephiroth @ Oct 30 2007, 03:54 PM)
@unamariposa, thanks. If you don't mind me asking, where can I find a good place to download patterns and the sort. I'm lacking any good ones. notworthy.gif
[right][snapback]429718[/snapback][/right]

i download mine from deviant art. there are quite a large varieties to choose from! hee. happy.gif
AzureSephiroth
QUOTE(unamariposa @ Oct 30 2007, 11:56 AM)
QUOTE(AzureSephiroth @ Oct 30 2007, 03:54 PM)
[right][snapback]429718[/snapback][/right]

i download mine from deviant art. there are quite a large varieties to choose from! hee. happy.gif
[right][snapback]429719[/snapback][/right]

All I have to do now is practice and experiment. This is turning out to be fun. All thanks to you tongue.gif
unamariposa
QUOTE(AzureSephiroth @ Oct 30 2007, 03:58 PM)
All I have to do now is practice and experiment. This is turning out to be fun. All thanks to you tongue.gif
[right][snapback]429721[/snapback][/right]

yayy! would love to see what you come up with! clap.gif
AzureSephiroth
QUOTE(unamariposa @ Oct 30 2007, 12:02 PM)
QUOTE(AzureSephiroth @ Oct 30 2007, 03:58 PM)
[right][snapback]429721[/snapback][/right]

yayy! would love to see what you come up with! clap.gif
[right][snapback]429725[/snapback][/right]

Let me first figure out where to upload these themes, lol.
unamariposa
QUOTE(AzureSephiroth @ Oct 30 2007, 04:13 PM)
Let me first figure out where to upload these themes, lol.
[right][snapback]429731[/snapback][/right]

laugh.gif
AzureSephiroth
Kingdom Hearts ~ Blue Haze

user posted image

A modified color scheme requested by fellow member, Ng_Lc.
edit: The icons in the preview, including the status icons are NOT blue, I hued the original picture but I assure you its the same color smile.gif

Download Link (W810i) : Download
muerte84
Hey WELCOME to SE themeing!! why did I miss out this lovely thread here! Very nice themes you made, But too bad there ain't any softkeys in kingdom hearts for the rest of the screens sad.gif ..Hope to see more great themes from you winkiss.gif
aapaii
Good start buddy! thumbsup.gif
but i believe there's still more room for improvement. Just keep on theming and experimenting and i'm sure you'll become a great themer as you already have a very strong basic foundation of photoshop. wink.gif
AzureSephiroth
QUOTE(aapaii @ Oct 30 2007, 03:21 PM)
Good start buddy! thumbsup.gif
but i believe there's still more room for improvement. Just keep on theming and experimenting and i'm sure you'll become a great themer as you already have a very strong basic foundation of photoshop. wink.gif

[right][snapback]429816[/snapback][/right]

Welcome to my humble thread, sensei. I'm more motivated to theme now that I have the platform to view my themes on. Great to see you here, aapaii. notworthy.gif

@muerte, I'm delighted to hear from you. Thank you. notworthy.gif

When I transferred the KH theme to my phone, the more list screen had a white square with a black background. I think this was because I inserted a blank PNG picture instead. Is there a solution to this?
aapaii
that happen to expanded morelist if not mistaken.. i think it cant be help.. that's why i dont put in the expanded more list in my theme preview.. tongue.gif laugh.gif
AzureSephiroth
QUOTE(aapaii @ Oct 30 2007, 08:49 PM)
that happen to expanded morelist if not mistaken.. i think it cant be help.. that's why i dont put in the expanded more list in my theme preview.. tongue.gif laugh.gif
[right][snapback]429929[/snapback][/right]

I'll try adding a dim and see if that solves it. I'll let you know the results wink.gif

Edit: Seems like the more list does not render transparency, at least on the W660. Solid colors are the way to go.
Ng_LC
QUOTE(AzureSephiroth @ Oct 30 2007, 04:59 PM)
Kingdom Hearts ~ Blue Haze

user posted image

A modified color scheme requested by fellow member, Ng_Lc.
edit: The icons in the preview, including the status icons are NOT blue, I hued the original picture but I assure you its the same color smile.gif

Download Link (W810i) : Download
[right][snapback]429747[/snapback][/right]

Thx man,but all are turning blue (not the icon of couse),even the keyblade is blue...
Atalantos
QUOTE(AzureSephiroth @ Oct 31 2007, 05:15 AM)
I'll try adding a dim and see if that solves it. I'll let you know the results wink.gif

Edit: Seems like the more list does not render transparency, at least on the W660. Solid colors are the way to go.
[right][snapback]430053[/snapback][/right]

Yes the same goes also for w900 1.gif
Instead of adding an empty png file, just cut and paste from your background picture as a solid one thumbsup.gif
no matter the extension just solid one

As for your work clap.gif 10.gif
For sure and as known you are not new in graphics notworthy.gif
with practice you will become an excellent themer thumbsup.gif
keep them coming clap.gif
Atalantos
The w660 isn’t compatible with w900
W660 runs under Appendix 9 ver 4.5 and w900 with Appendix 7 ver 4.1
SE models which are running under Appendix 9 ver 4.5 are K530, K550, K610, K770, K790, K800, K810, S500, T650, W580, W610, W660, W710, W830, W850, W880, Z250, Z310, Z320, Z610 and Z710
But I don’t know for sure to which gallery to upload it yet laugh.gif

You can find more useful info about your w660 here (SE official site) and open the pdf Developers’ Guidelines - Themes byebye.gif
Atalantos
haha.gif find it
at the Developers’ Guidelines - Themes that I told you to see, it says that it's compatible with...

user posted image

Just in case ask the admins because they might open a new gallery for it byebye.gif
AzureSephiroth
@Atalantos, this is just what I wanted! Thank you so much for bothering to post the specifications. I'm still uncertain why mobile9 does not have an Appendix 9 theme gallery.

For the time being, I uploaded the themes to the old version, the W600. Not sure if that was a wise call...

Once again, thank you and welcome to my thread notworthy.gif
AzureSephiroth
Midsummer's "Eve"
user posted image

My first participation at TMC ^^

Tried doing some color matching this time around, but I still wander into chaos as soon as I hit the highlights and tabs.

I'll try to get my hands on some tutorials... tongue.gif

Download
: Download Link

manitaaan
QUOTE(AzureSephiroth @ Nov 4 2007, 06:54 AM)
Midsummer's "Eve"
user posted image

My first participation at TMC ^^

Tried doing some color matching this time around, but I still wander into chaos as soon as I hit the highlights and tabs.

I'll try to get my hands on some tutorials... tongue.gif

Download
: Download Link
[right][snapback]431714[/snapback][/right]

..nice theme azu...maybe next time u'll do a better preview,keep it up buddy byebye.gif
AzureSephiroth
@manitaan, thanks buddy. I'm sorry for my amateur previews... I'm still studying theming ^^
unamariposa
you have great potential azure hun! thumbsup.gif
manitaaan
i know u azu,u've great skills in ps,u'll become a greatest themer shortly
AzureSephiroth
QUOTE(manitaaan @ Nov 4 2007, 10:50 AM)
i know u azu,u've great skills in ps,u'll become a greatest themer shortly
[right][snapback]431824[/snapback][/right]

Don't know about that, but thank you for the positive thought tongue.gif

QUOTE(unamariposa @ Nov 4 2007, 10:38 AM)
you have great potential azure hun! thumbsup.gif
[right][snapback]431821[/snapback][/right]

Thank you wub.gif
AzureSephiroth
WolverHampton Wanderers

user posted image

PMP request by pruden1989.

Atalantos
Just drop by to say byebye.gif
Nice PMP theme request you've made there clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif

ps: Try to add a different background color from your screen shots when making the theme preview. It will be more helpful to understand the borders of the screen thumbsup.gif
AzureSephiroth
QUOTE(Atalantos @ Nov 18 2007, 06:02 PM)
Just drop by to say  byebye.gif
Nice PMP theme request you've made there clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif

ps: Try to add a different background color from your screen shots when making the theme preview. It will be more helpful to understand the borders of the screen thumbsup.gif
[right][snapback]438252[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for dropping by, I'll make sure the next theme is thoroughly checked before I post it here smile.gif
AzureSephiroth
Uhh, I had to dig up this thread. Here I am back with another theme. I was somehow motivated to start theming again. Its been nearly 7 months since I submitted my last theme.

This one was the result of a lot of experimentation with colors and gradients. The functionality is hampered by the background I selected, and isn't that consistent.

I'll need to work on color matching and try to add some more details to the highlights and popup menus in the future.
user posted image

Download link: here

Wanting to hear your comments and suggestions thumbsup.gif

Edit: sorry about the blurry preview, its because photobucket somehow resized it during the uploading process.
rjdsouza
QUOTE(AzureSephiroth @ Jun 20 2008, 01:00 PM)
Uhh, I had to dig up this thread. Here I am back with another theme. I was somehow motivated to start theming again. Its been nearly 7 months since I submitted my last theme.

This one was the result of a lot of experimentation with colors and gradients. The functionality is hampered by the background I selected, and isn't that consistent.

I'll need to work on color matching and try to add some more details to the highlights and popup menus in the future.
user posted image

Download link: here

Wanting to hear your comments and suggestions thumbsup.gif

Edit: sorry about the blurry preview, its because photobucket somehow resized it during the uploading process.
[right][snapback]501865[/snapback][/right]

Great detail work on the status & softkeys smile.gif
I like the highlight bars too !

Not sure about the menu & navigation backgrounds though unsure.gif Might want to try using the original image, without the blur, but make it darker so icone & text stand out better.
The background used behind your screen preview looks interesting. How about trying that instead of the valentine background for the popups, input, more & activity screens. Might want to darken the colour tone to something like the bottom half of the row & tab menus.

... just some of my thoughts smile.gif
AzureSephiroth
@ rjdsouza - thanks for comments, while I was building up the elements, I noticed that the pop up background is just too plain simple.

The menu background should have been changed too. Anyways, I'll keep your comments in mind when I'm doing my next theme notworthy.gif

Edit: transferred the theme unto my phone and functionality isn't as bad as I thought it would be thumbsup.gif
aapaii
Great theme Az! clapping.gif
Lots of improvement frm the previous themes. I love your barwork composition. Really nice.
I agree with Rj's comments but I also honestly think that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. hehehehe tongue.gif
Owh.. Just to let you know.. Most of the functionality issues are only on the thememaker & preview. When u actually transferred it into your phone it doesnt really make that much diffierence i think. Ive tried it with lots of my theme until now and still puzzled at why is this happening.
AzureSephiroth
QUOTE(aapaii @ Jun 20 2008, 03:26 PM)
Great theme Az! clapping.gif
Lots of improvement frm the previous themes. I love your barwork composition. Really nice.
I agree with Rj's comments but I also honestly think that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. hehehehe tongue.gif
Owh.. Just to let you know.. Most of the functionality issues are only on the thememaker & preview. When u actually transferred it into your phone it doesnt really make that much diffierence i think. Ive tried it with lots of my theme until now and still puzzled at why is this happening.

[right][snapback]501927[/snapback][/right]

Thank you sensei, I cannot express my gratitude for your valuable time and help notworthy.gif

kashif85
A little bit of pink so nice theme Azure great clap.gif
AzureSephiroth
Thank you rehani notworthy.gif
jasnasto
I can only second all that Rod said... and to underline that I really love the softkeys and the statusbar... thumbsup.gif
AzureSephiroth
QUOTE(jasnasto @ Jun 21 2008, 09:26 PM)
I can only second all that Rod said... and to underline that I really love the softkeys and the statusbar... thumbsup.gif
[right][snapback]502201[/snapback][/right]

Thank you jasnasto, let me ask you a question. Should I continue using this layout in my next theme to perfect it or try something different.

I'm having problems making anything else other than those glossy rectangular highlights. Not saying I can't make anything else, but they won't look as good tongue.gif

rjdsouza
QUOTE(AzureSephiroth @ Jun 22 2008, 12:06 PM)
QUOTE(jasnasto @ Jun 21 2008, 09:26 PM)
[right][snapback]502201[/snapback][/right]

Thank you jasnasto, let me ask you a question. Should I continue using this layout in my next theme to perfect it or try something different.

I'm having problems making anything else other than those glossy rectangular highlights. Not saying I can't make anything else, but they won't look as good tongue.gif
[right][snapback]502270[/snapback][/right]

I know it's directed at Jas - I'm just being a busy body tongue.gif I hope you don't mind (I'm sure Jas will reply soon just the same)

Glossy rectangular buttons are really nice. & for tmc sometimes it's more practical to fine-tune something that works & focus more on a stunning pic or interface due to time constraint.
...but if you're making themes for your own pleasure or to add to your thread, then have some fun & try different styles. wacko.gif ... & see how it goes or what others think about it. smile.gif
Atalantos
Real nice work with bars Azure 10.gif
I second all that rjdsouza pointed too wink.gif
and about the layout bars... it's a very good formula but imo not that fun when everyone is using it laugh.gif tongue.gif
jasnasto
You are right, Rod... and you even said it better than I would've... thumbsup.gif

I can just add that according to your work so far, I believe you have good skills and great potential, Azure... so why don't you use them and experiment a bit more... wink.gif
AzureSephiroth
QUOTE(rjdsouza @ Jun 22 2008, 12:32 PM)
I know it's directed at Jas - I'm just being a busy body tongue.gif  I hope you don't mind (I'm sure Jas will reply soon just the same)

Glossy rectangular buttons are really nice. & for tmc sometimes it's more practical to fine-tune something that works & focus more on a stunning pic or interface due to time constraint.
...but if you're making themes for your own pleasure or to add to your thread, then have some fun & try different styles.  wacko.gif ... & see how it goes or what others think about it. smile.gif
[right][snapback]502304[/snapback][/right]

I'm trying to produce as many themes as I can possibly do before I start my new semester without compromising quality. You're such a great help, RJ. Thanks notworthy.gif

QUOTE(Atalantos @ Jun 22 2008, 01:50 PM)
Real nice work with bars Azure  10.gif
I second all that rjdsouza pointed too wink.gif
and about the layout bars... it's a very good formula but  imo not that fun when everyone is using it laugh.gif tongue.gif
[right][snapback]502317[/snapback][/right]

Thank you atalantos. Thats exactly what I had in mind when I saw my theme preview, I thought this isn't that different or innovative than other themes in the gallery. That's why I want to move to something different thumbsup.gif

QUOTE(jasnasto @ Jun 22 2008, 01:39 PM)

I can just add that according to your work so far, I believe you have good skills and great potential, Azure... so why don't you use them and experiment a bit more... wink.gif

[right][snapback]502318[/snapback][/right]

Thank you, jasnasto. If I have such potential then its because of people like you who devote time to helping others out notworthy.gif

I'll go to my experiments lab now tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.