Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vodafone In India!
mobile9 Forum > Mobile Phone > Service Providers
djfreecko

user posted image

Well aftr long efforts Vodafone is finally in India aftr itz deal wid d local service provider Hutchinson Essar.....Vodafone owns 67% shares(approx.) wid Hutchinson Essar here......lookin forward for a nice start! No matter it works or not but Best Of Luck Frm M9!!!!:good:

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
sco1984

cheers.gif

Currently I am using AirTel. But they dont have good EDGE coverage in many areas in Pune. I am looking forward to Vodafone.

I hope they'll introduce some cheap plans with good EGDE, 3G features on its network.
djfreecko
yup shure is Vodafone make a revolution! Itz also think of intro'ing Spectrum Tech here!!!!!
fred333
I would be interested in learning about it.
srk_ankit
i got vodafone now , evrythings fine till now tongue.gif
rubg

I hope the come to Israel too, there is no really competition here
boxieblue
Vodafone is great!!! i like it!!!
gka3000
vodafone is really great but im never gonna buy vodafone firmware updated phones ...

it says air tel is coming to srilanka soon and hutch telecom is already

available in here and its cheaper but some of the connections missing like 3g

& only few weeks ago they introduced the mms facility even ... the most brightest

cellular connection providers here are dialog gsm & mobitel ... both of the

connection providers have already introduced super fast 3g with extra options

like u can download movies directly to ur phone and u can use a available

camera at ur home and control it from ur phone or watch

ur fav. tv channels in ur phone ... tigo (formerly known as

celltel) is also a bright cellular connection provider here in sl ...

10.gif

dialog srilanka - two thumbs up

mobitel srilanka - two thumbs up (south asias first & only super 3.5g hspa)

tigo srilanka - ok welldone

hutch srilanka - well kinda ok
tauqeerzahir
hey can anyone tell me what is the speed of vodafone data services and what is the plans mainly tell me about unlimited plans for day/week/months.

For your information in AIRTEL its 35/day,995/month.
djfreecko
check it out here smile.gif
systematic3
In November 1999, Vodafone made an unsolicited bid for Mannesmann, which was rejected. Vodafone's interest in Mannesmann had been increased by the latter's purchase of Orange, the UK mobile operator.Chris Gent would later say Mannesmann's move into the UK broke a "gentleman's agreement" not to compete in each other's home territory. The hostile takeover provoked strong protest in Germany, and a "titanic struggle diesel watches " which saw Mannesmann resist Vodafone's efforts. However, on 3 February 2000, the Mannesmann board agreed to an increased offer of £112bn, then the largest corporate merger ever. The EU approved the merger in April 2000. The conglomerate was subsequently broken up and all manufacturing related operations sold off.
qwitamarshal
In September 1988, the company was again renamed Racal Telecom, and on 26 October 1988, Racal Electronics floated 20% of the company. The flotation valued Racal Telecom at GB£1.7 billion.On 16 September 1991, Racal Telecom was demerged from Racal Electronics as Vodafone Group.In July 1996, Vodafone acquired the two thirds of Talkland it did not already own for £30.6 million gucci sunglasses On 19 November 1996, in a defensive move, Vodafone purchased Peoples Phone for £77 million, a 181 store chain whose customers were overwhelmingly using Vodafone's network. In a similar move the company acquired the 80% of Astec Communications that it did not own, a service provider with 21 stores.
In 1997, Vodafone introduced its Speechmark logo, as it is a quotation mark in a circle; the O's in the Vodafone logotype are opening and closing quotation marks, suggesting conversation.
saraluna
10.gif
arbri135
ive got a vodafone phone

Sony ericsson w910i
arbri135
vodafone is good
Alamin007
Vodafone is great..
Alamin007
I like Vodafone..
kochaji
One more good service provider to Our country
eliasjan
QUOTE (djfreecko @ Sep 27 2007, 12:18 AM) *

Well aftr long efforts Vodafone is finally in India aftr itz deal wid d local service provider Hutchinson Essar.....Vodafone owns 67% shares(approx.) wid Hutchinson Essar here......lookin forward for a nice start! No matter it works or not but Best Of Luck Frm M9!!!!:good:

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Thats Good Enjoy Now
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.