Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Concept Phones Anyone
mobile9 Forum > Mobile Phone > News, Releases & Rumours
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
adonisdemon
Panasonic's Art Nouveau Phone Concept Is Pure Eye Candy

Designed by Christina Tapp, a young undergraduate student from the College of Fine Arts in Illinois, it bears the name "Art Nouveau", under the Panasonic brand.

user posted imageuser posted image

Jacob Palmborg's Concept Phone

One for the Minimalists.
user posted image

BYB Balance Mobile Phone
Full Article
The phone can be operated in multiple ways, either via the touchscreen displays (main - 2.8 inch , 400 x 240 pixel, 262K TFT), or with the help of the buttons located around them. Furthermore, the MindPad - first introduced on account of the BYB MulTicket allows the user to draw characters and symbols using simply his/her finger, which are then interpreted by the device, thus allowing for rapid and simple input.

The backside touts a 5.1 megapixel camera equipped with auto focus, 2x optical zoom, QuadLED assist light, concealed by an active optical safer. The phone is GSM/3G/HSDPA compatible, with WiFi, BT 2.0 and GPS connectivity. Furthermore, it is equipped with a 3.5 mm and a MiniUSB port, and its 512 MB internal memory can be expanded with the help of a MicroSD card.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Porsche Design
Porsche Design Mobile Phone P'9521 is a flip phone and has a squared-off design that might be attractive.

adonisdemon
Butterfly Phone
Designed by Andrew Kim (15yrs old)
The Butterfly has a very unique design. The device uses a “tilting” slide mechanism that elegantly reveals the display from below the player which slides out at a comfortable 15 degree angle. All “physical buttons were removed and replaced with a touch screen on the front of the player. The touch screen interacts with the main screen to give a seamless interface between the device and the user. The device is also coated with silver nanoparticles to prevent collection of bacteria.

The device also functions as a GSM phone with Wi-Fi connectivity.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Asus Aura -iPhone like concept
Asus Aura, produced by Hungarian design company Egy Studio for Taiwanese vendor. It was clearly inspired by iPhone, although it has some interesting innovations addressing commonly mentioned shortcomings of Apple’s cellphone. Features of Asus Aura include - a sliding QWERTY keyboard that should make text entry much easier, 3,9 touchscreen covering the whole surface of the phone, 2 megapixel camera, microSD memory card slot, GSM, UMTS, HSDPA, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. All of this in a 6mm thick package.

adonisdemon
Daweoo Kim's Duo
Designer: Daewoo Kim
The Duofone looks like any other slick concept but this time, it’s not about megapixels, or screen resolution, or even smartphone abilities. It’s about putting two of them together to combine their screen real estate. It’s about sharing each other’s battery power if one is low. It’s about increasing its abilities when paired with its partner. It even looks like a couple in bed when docked to its charging cradle.

Nano Mobile
Designer: Roman Kriheli
It is a concept of a mobile phone developed basing on the most modern technologies. The entire face surface of this phone is a colour sensor display 4.2 in. in diagonal (a TFT-matrix of 700 times; 266 pixels) protected with a 2-mm transparent plastic shield.

user posted image

technokid1974
ye some look sexy and crazzy mobile phones i hope they come out in d near future
adonisdemon
The Asus phone catches my eye with the specs and design.
ArthurWill
Have to agree with you that the Asus Aura looks sleek. wow.gif

Thin, QWERTY keyboard, wide screen. All in one! Have to start saving money. tongue.gif

adonisdemon
]Have to start saving money

It's not confirmed yet is it? blink.gif

Still a concept...?
ArthurWill
Yeah, concept. But phones are getting better and better these days, with a price tag that is higher too. So have to start saving sooner that used to. smile.gif
ssivic
The best looking one for me is "BYB Balance Mobile Phone"
adonisdemon
Jacob Palmborg's design looks pretty slick too!
adonisdemon
NEC Concept Phones (5 of them)
Great Variety..

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
technokid1974
user posted image

ye she is not 2 bad at all! wub.gif wow.gif haha.gif
adonisdemon
slender, sleek and sophisticated, just like how I like my women! haha.gif
Money2g
noice!
SKITSOfranic
lookin at those phones gave me a boner :0 haha just kidding

SKITSOfranic Out
SKITSOfranic
are any of the phone ever going to be mass produced in the us

SKITSOfranic Out
adonisdemon
Not for the moment, nothing announced.
SKITSOfranic
even if they were it seems as if the would cost an arm and a leg

SKITSOfranic Out
adonisdemon
Brix
Designer: Seokwon Hong
First and foremost, Brix is a phone. The entire surface is a touchscreen, even void of a receiver. There is no bezel at all so you really get 100% screen real estate on the front. You have all your personal multimedia functions just like any other phone but here’s where it gets interesting. By stringing together multiple Brix, you expand the screen real estate. Suddenly video is bigger. A temporary virtual shared folder is created to merge content between the devices until they’re disconnected or one device can be designated as the media hub and interface. The awesome thing is the ability to endlessly string together as many Brix as you want. You can easily go from a small media player to a big screen TV. Throw in an external audio jack, DVR functions, GPS and we have a wonder device - like for real.

ArthurWill
That looks really sleek, Adonis. wow.gif A very interesting concept of stringing together multiple screens. thumbsup.gif
ArthurWill
Docomo's Wellness Concept Phone, a prototype device that tells you you are fat, and have a bad breath. surrender.gif

user posted image

Detail about the phone. Anyone who can read Japanese perhaps want to share with us what are the features apart from the fitness and bad breath testing. thumbsup.gif
adonisdemon
laugh.gif At least it's honest? blink.gif
ssivic
I like the Brix idea...thumbsup.gif

And well Docomo's Wellness Concept Phone, honest indeed laugh.gif
adonisdemon
Nokia P-Per Concept Phone made from e-paper

user posted image
user posted image
gka3000
when are we gonna see those phones in the market its like a

dream think if ur using one of those phones at the moment ...

i dream of keeping such type of a phone in my hands ...

well i gotta stop now cuz if i think too much i might get mad ...

cool.gif
lnk5700
gathering.gif gathering.gif
the color is not better
adonisdemon
Alienware Concept Phone, WHAT!? Running on Android!
  • Classic Alienware eye catching design
  • Large screen with high resolution
  • Superb video gaming capability
  • Fantastic Audio
  • Built on the Google Android platform
user posted image
user posted image
adonisdemon
The Edge phone is designed for the style conscious fashionistas. The name has nothing to do with data speed. In fact we don’t even know what this phone is capable of because as with all fashion phones, looks rein supreme and the Edge phone makes sure you notice with its glowing glass keyboard.

To answer an incoming call, slide the glass keyboard out. An embedded LED illuminates the etched numerics via refraction creating a glowing effect. The only visible lines is the microphone wiring which designer Chris Owens has cleverly disguised as a keyboard border.

Designer: Chris Owens

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Source
adonisdemon
It seems the word “tech” is synonymous with cold and stark. Metals, plastics, glass - they all evoke an ideal that some of us don’t want. Some of us want our devices to be warm, to have some semblance of nature. That feeling transcends deeper since it can affect our moods. The Chute Smartphone is all about the natural, organic, and moody.

Underneath, the Chute is like any other ordinary Smartphone, powerful and functional. The shell however is designed out of bamboo, a high sustainable resource. Bamboo turns out to be lighter and stronger than plastic. It’s totally biodegradable and far more Earth friendly in its production than plastics and metals.

Designer: Michael Laut

user posted image

Source
gka3000
Future shaping with Morph by Nokia

The Morph is mobile handset indeed, but there's more to it.

It's a nanotechnology driven concept device, which is on display

at the New York Museum of Modern Art for a taster of the time

when today's super gadgets will be museum exhibits of prehistoric

knowledge. flexible materials, transparent electronics and self-cleaning

surfaces. stretchable and foldable, transformable to any shape a user

can think of, Morph is the ultimate transformers gadget changing its

shape according to the user's wishes. One day you have a bracelet,

the next - you are up with a qwerty device for messaging.

view full news in gsm arena .

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

cooltarun007
QUOTE(adonisdemon @ Feb 16 2008, 05:00 PM)
Alienware Concept Phone, WHAT!? Running on Android!

• Classic Alienware eye catching design

• Large screen with high resolution

• Superb video gaming capability

• Fantastic Audio

• Built on the Google Android platform
user posted image
user posted image
[right][snapback]475176[/snapback][/right]

Well Judging by the looks , its looks an absolute scorcher. An since its Alienware , it'll be probably the best gaming for for the next 30 years
cooltarun007
QUOTE(technokid1974 @ Jul 20 2007, 04:42 AM)
user posted image

ye she is not 2 bad at all! wub.gif  wow.gif  haha.gif
[right][snapback]375829[/snapback][/right]

Doesnt this seem very similary to the sony erricson Black Diamond???

user posted image
castleboyz
Seimens Concept

user posted image

user posted image
vinnieza
That reminds me of the nokia re-moldable phone that is to be released. Looks good but practicality i think that would get on my nerves tongue.gif
castleboyz
So viniezza wat about these? wow.gif

user posted image

user posted image
boxieblue
great topic! and to think i am seeing this for the first time!!

i love the alienware and Morph smile.gif smile.gif
AashirAzeem
O2 best of palm phones
xubairx
brix look so sexy.. love it..
Defil3d
I really like the Brix concept, because there seems to be a lot of good uses for it, and one infact is you'd be able to make it into a laptop being total UI generated, keyboard and all. 10.gif

The Alienware phone is also a favorite of mine, looks awesome, and sounds like it would perform excellent.
10.gif
ekfaysal
i like Brix too
adonisdemon
Super Kawaii Concept Handset

Designer: Joseph Liang

user posted image

user posted image

More
ArthurWill
Very cute handset indeed. smile.gif
Gault
What About This One.

this one will really rock you guys.

The Nokia Black Facet.

Online.

user posted image

White Facet.

user posted image

Black Facet Offline.

user posted image
Gault
hey buddy they said concept phones anyone.

no one asked for software.
ArthurWill
The Sony Ericsson T903 Ryuga. Look at the keypad! wow.gif
user posted image

user posted image
adonisdemon
That looks awesome, I hate that keypad, copying Motorola's Razr pad is so lame. It won't be easy to use without looking at it either, some heightened keys would be nice.
Gault
its nice. 8.1 mega pixel camera is nice.
boxieblue
8.1 MP camera in a phone? blink.gif are they serious?!?! about the keypad, i ain't too sure. it looks good, true. but then it should be easy to use. i don't like having THREE rows of keys just below the screen. two rows look so good
ArthurWill
QUOTE(boxieblue @ Dec 21 2008, 11:32 PM)
8.1 MP camera in a phone? blink.gif are they serious?!?

Yup! There are phones with 8.1MP camera already. If memory serves, SE C905 is one. thumbsup.gif
boxieblue
cool! those phones must be pretty good then! coz i am sure such high-resol cams require a lot of memory....permanent storage and otherwise
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.